She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 20:27:12 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Very well," she answers, feeling sheepish. She was sleeping while Freya was practicing, honing herself. But Robin knows better than to turn her frustrations inwards. She needs to ask for help, if she needs it.

She tentatively tugs on a strand of hair. "I was wondering if you could help me with my hair before I leave. I don't want to look like a disaster." She was a bit of a wild child, but she didn't have to look the part. Being seen as strange because of her fixation with ghosts was easier than being strange because she looked like the warden had forgotten her in the safari for a week.

"Um, if you have time," she adds afterwards. She's overstayed her welcome in a lot of ways, but she also has no doubts that Freya would set boundaries if Robin were actually unwelcome. The mitigating factor here is less about Robin's guilt and more about how busy the Councilwoman must be. It would be terrible to take up too much of her time, and yet, Robin asked anyways. Something in the sanctuary speaks to Robin in a way only the Border has.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 2:59:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya tucks some of her own flyaways behind her ears. her expression softens at the request and she reaches for the towel slung over one shoulder, patting her sweaty palms dry before gesturing robin follow her. 

she doesn't take her back to baloo and kaheera. no, instead she takes her to the small orchard where a few apple tree transplants grow. the first of them has an appletun curled up at the base of its trunk; the dragon lifts its head, chuffs once, and then allows them to pass. 

syrup is soft and sweet, fresh in the air. 

"you sleep well enough?" she asks. she doesn't wait. she goes to working on the snarls in robin's hair, thin fingers as gentle as they can be. she's done this before for delta. the thought warms her and saddens her all at once.

"should've warned you - baloo's a snorer." 
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 15:12:54 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She's grateful for the opportunity to relax against Freya's hands. "I slept better than I have in forever," she confessed. She laughed about Freya's belated warning. "It's no problem; Mun snored like crazy before he evolved. I've been told by that I snore a lot, too, so I'm sure I gave as good as I got."

Something nostalgic and heavy rested over her at the mention of Gwen. She hadn't seen the redhead in a while. They didn't have much in the way of sleepovers these days, both of them too busy and Robin determined to not step foot in Dewford unless necessary. The closest in recent memory must have been when Robin fell sick and Gwen brought soup and water and medicine. She'd been holed up in a treehouse. It was a good memory, even if Robin had been miserable then, full of mucus and exhaustion.

She wasn't sure how long the memory had overtaken her, but she felt embarrassed when she remembered herself. Belatedly, for all of Freya's help and for this braiding, she said, "Thank you."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:27:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

robin asked only for her hair to be untangled, but freya's fingers find a natural rhythm as they talk, twisting gently to create the plaits she weaves into her own hair. robin's hair is softer than what she's used to and she murmurs an apology when she has to tug a bit tighter to stop the first braid from slipping. 

"oh," she says, blinking, "i didn't know you were seeing gwen."

although it makes sense. gwen had mentioned her, hadn't she? that first time she came through to her office. and love, be it for better or worse, meant doing anything to protect the ones you love. 

"hopefully i'm not working her too hard lately." a pause, fingers pitching another half-done braid in one hand so she can squeeze robin's shoulder with the other. "and you don't have to thank me, but i appreciate it. just glad i could help."
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 23:34:16 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Freya's words washed over her like sweet tea. She felt like she was floating a little, up until her brain caught up and processed what Freya had actually said. "S-seeing?" She nearly choked with the way she tumbled over the word, with all the grace of a newborn Girafig.

"What do you mean?" Her words were fast; she knew better than to whip her head around while Freya was handling her hair, but it took all her willpower to avoid standing and turning to face the councilwoman. "We're- we're not. Um. Seeing each other." Her ears were burning hot. "Why would you say that?"

Geez, this was her conversation with all over again.

She thought she'd gotten better at handling Gwen as a topic of conversation since bringing her up with , but she was wrong.

She just as blushing and defensive as ever. She and Gwen hadn't had an interaction to suggest they were more. Really, they hadn't shared a bed in years, and those sleepovers were nothing. Robin had made sure to be just a friend. She'd done her best to not ruin her friendship with Gwen over all these years despite her selfish desire for more. Still, like a spring Deerling, she staggers into the foolish question. "Did, uh, did she say that?"

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 4:55:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

robin stumbles over the word like a newborn faun and freya's brows knit in confusion before she remembers just how young her and gwen are. fingers pause in robin's hair; she can't help but smile at the girl's reddening ears. and honestly, she might be just as helpless in this situation. almost thirty years old and she's only ever felt anything akin to attraction for a select few. 

her fingers find their rhythm again. 

"not exactly." because then again, maybe it's more like what she has with . she loves him, and she always will, but neither of them would be happy sharing a life with the other. 

"i should know better than to assume. she cares about you a lot. you're the reason she and i met in the first place."
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 15:04:37 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Now, that was news.

"What do you mean?" Her gaze settles on the majestic pokemon soaring above. She gets it, now, the appeal of them. They were so powerful. That none of them were humanoid really emphasized how different they were from people, but that also made it rewarding to bond with them and try to understand them.

She had hated them for her association with them - and Freya - taking Gwen away from her, but she'd really been a hypocrite the whole time. She became a Ranger to fix the reputation of ghosts and protect their sanctuaries which were often regarded as unimportant, but she had cast an unflattering shadow on dragons all the same.

But for them to meet because of her? "Why did Gwen come to you in the first place?" She felt stupid now. How could she have never asked? She had been upset with Gwen for so long for changing herself into some little dragon fan, and she had never asked Gwen what appealed to her about it or why she met Freya at all.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 22:17:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there's no doubt in her mind that robin was the person gwen was talking about that day, even if she never called her by her name. another couple of folds and she tucks the next braid in on itself, tilting her head to assess where she should start next. her hair is long, thick, with plenty more room to work. 

"why she came is why i took her on in the first place. she wanted to protect someone. someone who evidently came back from patrol with a broken nose." her lips quirk.

absentmindedly, she adds, "i did the same for a woman i loved too." it never worked out, in the end. she couldn't save emma, and emma couldn't save her. her hands are back in robin's hair, and she's thinking of a younger self, before the world was a mess.
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 22:33:32 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Oh.

She felt small. It echoed in her mind long after Freya finished speaking. She wanted to protect someone. Someone who evidently came back from patrol with a broken nose. Instinctively, she brought a hand to her nose to feel the bridge. It had healed well, but every time she looked at herself, she saw the afterimage of what it had been before breaking. She looked at herself and saw double, always. It was dizzying.

Then, she had refused to ask for help when she was scared, and she had taken it out on her pokemon, and all the while, Gwen had seen this and been scared and hurt and... strong enough to ask for help.

Robin's hands are limp in her lap. Gwen was so many steps ahead of her, forging a community and turning to good mentors for guidance. Robin had turned inwards and hurt herself, her pokemon, her Gwen. She'd had no idea this whole time. She had been so dismissive of Gwen's early efforts at the Draciary and it'd been for her. It'd been for her the whole time.

Freya's confession pulls a gasp from Robin. "Doyouthink-?" She loved me? She loves me? But the words are acrid. The sick guilt twisting in her belly rises like bile to her throat and truly, she hasn't known selfishness until now, until she still felt compelled to ask of what she could have from Gwen. She didn't deserver Gwennie at all. But if it was true, she owed Gwen an apology for her blindness and her selfishness. She had to become someone worthy of Gwen.

Slower, she said, "do you think I can be someone worth it? Worth her?" And regardless of the progress of her braids, she turns her head - she has to know Freya's honest here, above all else she's generously offered Robin today.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:25:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

before the world was a mess, when everything made sense, and she was naïve and hated blindly, thought all things had one answer. swore she was brandishing justice. that her truths were truths, and that the people who cut out her ekans' eye deserved to die, writhing in flame. 

she wanted to protect people too, and when she couldn't protect herself, when she failed over and over and over again, when her body was broken, when her spirit broke too, and everyone left and the people she loved died or refused to forgive her, she scorned those who still remained. for power. and twisted self-mutilation.

it took her a long time to ask for help too, after that.

her eyes are soft and there is anguish there, a grief that will never go away, when robin turns to look at her. she untangles her fingers from her hair, thumbs her cheek, and nods.

"yes," she says, "because we are more than our mistakes and the people we love, they know that. even if we don't get it right sometimes, they help us. that's what partners do. and i can't tell you what to do or what to say, but just...don't wait too long. life, especially this life, is too short."

When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy.
- taz, balance arc :3
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 17:06:29 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The expression on Freya's face softened her panic. It made her look... not older, but more honest. Not that Freya had come across as much of a liar, but perhaps she tended to be guarded, and this was the most vulnerable she'd ever seen the councilwoman. Her words were an antidote to the thoughts that had been plaguing Robin for far too long, even if she hadn't looked her fears in the face until now. Worth was a damning concept.

Life is too short. Robin needs to tell Gwen everything before what's coming actually comes. If she doesn't, she knows she might never get the opportunity.

It's grim, but it comes back to Lam's advice to have something to look forward to. If she confesses to Gwen, then she can look forward to dating after the coming battles. And if what Freya's been getting at is real, then Gwen will say yes. They can be girlfriends with just one confession. One conversation. She could manage that.

"Okay," she says simply. "Okay." She reaches for Freya's hand to squeeze it, needing that point of connection. "I will." Emotion, both relief and excitement, makes her breath feel liquid and watery, so she shuts up before it flows into waterworks. She's never felt gratitude quite like this, and it transcends words. Maybe she'll have to find a crazy present for the councilwoman like the ugly bird she got for Lam.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 17:18:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

life is too short and love is too long. she read that somewhere once. and how cruel it is for humanity with that truth. humans, capable of loving so hard that they can damage their hearts, ruin themselves over something so good

freya takes her hand from robin's face, returning that squeeze.

"good. it's not worth it, holding onto things like that. regret is an ache that never really goes away." even if something is made right. the time in between will always linger - empty wasted seconds, minutes, hours, where love could have filled the gaps. 

"the braids suit you," she says, tucking one stray lock behind robin's ear. she smiles. "but i might be biased." she's sure, though she doesn't say it, that gwen will like them too. 
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
victory lap
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 23:47:49 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven