Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 16:53:26 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Anticipation is the word of the day. Ameena's been dying to see the one and only about her Unown. This was overdue; the Unown had come across her path as an unusual palette, which was intriguing enough. Then, she had successfully rendered it shadow with 's experiment. While it hadn't been a smooth process, she was excited about the result. The behavior of the Unown needed to be studied further, but she wanted to learn from the expert. [break][break]

"Dr. Sato?" She knocked on the office door, sparing a glance at her odd Unown.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – canon connections[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,584 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 0:12:06 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Come in!"[break][break]
She'd been highly intrigued when had contacted her about the desire to study a shadow Unown together. Nomi was familiar with 's mastery over shadow Pokemon, so it had not surprised her to hear that he had assisted the other scientist with completing such a transformation. Nomi was excited to find out how to replicate it, as well as test her powers given the corruption.[break][break]
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you," Nomi exclaimed, with genuine sincerity. "I have long admired your work with dreams."[break][break]
She wondered if had taken an interest in Ameena's studies, considering dreams were a large part of her own specialized research. Surely the two had connected, but if not, perhaps Nomi could make the introduction.[break][break]
Kallistatus winked into existence, shimmering blue under the office's bright fluorescent lights. It stared at Ameena with its singular eye, as if trying to decide something.[break][break]
Anomaly detected, Nomi felt through their bond. But there was something else too...was it fascination? Curiosity? It seemed her companion was as eager as she was to get to know this shadow Unown and its mistress.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 15:32:15 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena wasn't one for flattery, but from a scientist, and from an esteemed one at that, made her week. She smiled at Nomi but kept a close eye on her own blue Unown, drenched in shadow. She had spent some time monitoring its behavior since it became shadow, fearful it would be violent as it had when Cillian had turned it, but the Unown had seemed to relax over the brief period of time she'd had it. [break][break]

"Your work is more worthy of praise," Ameena insisted. "Unown are a powerful tool. They are so unlike any other pokemon." She looked to Kallistatus as it openly assessed her, unsure if she should offer anything to it as it seemed to observe her. That was the thing: those Unown were always observing. Their eyes had unsettled her when she first encountered them in the RKS simulation, but she had grown to accept it as their thing. Psychic pokemon tended to have quirks in her experience anyhow. [break][break]

Her Unown stayed an appropriate distance away from Nomi and Kallistatus, but Ameena held her palm out for her Unown to rest on. "I wanted to know if my own Unown was in your network. I want it to be useful." She'd also like to know if she was wielding her own surveillance equipment; it would be best not to bring it whenever she met with , which was inevitable. [break][break]

"I am unsure if its status as a shadow pokemon changes anything. But it also has some... odd ability I have not seen before. My Musharna possesses a z-move, but shortly after rendering this Unown shadow, it developed one as well." Maybe it was something all Unown could do that she simply hadn't known about.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – canon connections[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,584 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 22:34:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi's expression darkened - but only for a moment.[break][break]
"I prefer to think of them as partners," she corrected pleasantly, returning Ameena's smile. "The DRK Triad refer to them as tools, and that is what ultimately inspired Kallistatus to betray them." She watched the shiny Unown as it slowly began to drift closer to its shadowy counterpart. "They are a Collective, but each one has its own individual personality, too."[break][break]
Nonetheless, she agreed with Ameena's overall assessment.[break][break]
"They are the oldest living beings, save Arceus itself," she praised. "Which inherently makes them incredibly unique."[break][break]
She listened with rapt attention as the other scientist explained her experiences thus far with the shadow Unown.[break][break]
"All Unown are capable of Divine Imminence," Nomi mused. That was the Z-Move she'd discovered upon becoming their Avatar. "But perhaps this is something different?" Her crimson eyes flashed with excitement. "Could you ask it to demonstrate?"[break][break]
She paused, gathering her resolve.[break][break]
"And then, I'd like to test my powers on it. If it - and you - are willing."

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 22:46:29 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

How sentimental. [break][break]

She tucked that away for later. Partner was a little generous, she felt, for the floating runic pokemon, but she was in no position to argue. After all, she had minimal experience with Unown and her own had barely acclimated to her. "I trust you," she said. "My partner is still warming up to me, as I suspect the shadow process has darkened its trust of others, but I suspect it will not raise an issue with your powers." [break][break]

But hey, who knew? She felt they were on the edge of a scientific breakthrough. "Okay, show us what you can do."[break][break]

Her Unown levitated away from all of them, standing in a corner and generating a small, pink, geometric domain around itself. "When it does this," Ameena explained while gesturing to it, "all attacks seem to deflect. I am not sure where it learned this, as it does not seem to be some innate talent in shadow pokemon." She hoped it was news to Nomi. She hoped it was a brand new factor to consider in her work with the Unown, that Ameena might witness an interaction for the first time it occurred in history.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – UNOWN: TRANSLATION ERROR - PSYCHIC-TYPE
a small domain forms around the unown where all attacks, including z-moves, deflect. pokemon inside the domain gain a slight increase to evasiveness.[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,584 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 19:53:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi watched with eager, curious eyes as the shadow Unown conjured a dome of shimmering pink energy around itself. Unlike the starry expanse generated during DIVINE IMMINENCE - a miniature recreation of the Unown Dimension - this one reminded Nomi of geometric patterns...and its color was more akin to Palkia's SPATIAL REND than anything she'd ever seen an Unown conjure.[break][break]
Which was both a disturbing and intriguing prospect.[break][break]
"There are several ways Pokemon can develop Z-Moves," Nomi mused. "The ingestion of a passho berry, contact with wormhole radiation, and, most mysteriously, channeling the energy of Z-Crystals - which may be fragments of Necrozma."[break][break]
If the world would stop ending every ten seconds, she could resume her research into the nature of Z-Crystals with . Alas.[break][break]
"But if I understand correctly - you are not aware of any of those factors?" She regarded Ameena, clearly in her scientific element.

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[m] divine lexicon
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 20:29:21 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi's analytical gaze sent a jolt of excitement up Ameena's spine. She loved working with scientists, and Rocket had all of the best ones. Seeing her examine the field that the Unown generated left her holding her breath. [break][break]

The cause was a little more complicated. "I have never grown a passho, but I cannot rule out that it has interacted with one. It is possible this pokemon held the capacity for this z-move before it became a shadow pokemon." She was unsure how to tell, in any case. She had found this Unown, so it's open origin left a lot of questions and unknowable factors. "I have never taken it to Lesser Megalopolis nor around Necrozma's avatar... but anything is possible."[break][break]

Was there an additional way to earn these abilities? Z-moves had been of no interest to her at all until she saw Unown wield this one. "Does it seem like a normal z-move? Nothing seems to be imbued with shadow."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP