she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 21:01:21 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She hadn't heard of it.[break][break]

Almighty Sinnoh was a protector. But Rex gave no indication of lying, and she had dealt with hundreds of liars over the course of her life, particularly in her career. "Almighty Sinnoh only punishes -"[break][break]

She knows better than to finish the thought, as strong as he knee-jerk reaction is to defend her deity. To try to understand the divine, to try and apply reason to them, was to try and confine them within the limitations of human understanding. It couldn't be done, and to try was heresy. [break][break]

It's no concession, but she says, "Almighty Sinnoh's will is not for us to understand." It's not comfort, but she points out, "You are still here."[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 21:55:26 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Keiko had reached Hoenn far too late. She had not seen the dragon that had ripped space apart, nor the one that caused time to fray and bend and snap. If she did, she'd understand the utter fear of being told by a god that people did not deserve to exist.

It had certainly broken him.

"If the Almighty Sinnoh's will is for people to die, then the Almighty Sinnoh is a fucking murderer!" He did not practice Sinnoh's theology. He didn't necessarily care. Miles of scripture penned onto miles of scrolls did not substitute for the genuine truth that Rex had seen. "He-"

Wait. Rex's eyes narrowed as he realized what Keiko had uttered.

"He only punishes who, Keiko?" His voice had turned from hard to dangerously soft, like a knife being slipped from a sheath. "Who does he punish?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 22:27:29 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"Everybody dies," she snipes back, "and people survive miraculous circumstances because of the divine." It wasn't her place to justify nor defend the actions of the divine, but. [break][break]

She has to clench her jaw to keep from yelling as he insults the object of her faith. As he demands to understand who receives punishment when he doesn't care about any of it. She accepted the judgement, but he had had to make no such peace with the divine, which was why he was so upset about the god's decision. "You don't believe any of it, anyways, so why does it matter now?" Dusk settles around them, but ironically, she feels she sees him in the light for the first time. [break][break]

"Forget it. I'm going to make the most of our time before we lose all the light." Wrangling a gogoat was better than having her god questioned.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 22:51:05 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"I believe that people I loved died!" Rex's voice cracked. The mask of the trainer cracked, and the boy hiding in the cellar peeked out. The boy and the Ralts he swore to protect, to get stronger for, to find meaning alongside. "Because I-"

Tears spilled down his cheeks. A rattling gasp fled his lips.

"Because I was too weak to save them." He turned away, rebuilding his composure. "Go. Go and chase your goats. Hopefully your Almighty Sinnoh is kinder to you than he was to me."

When she came back, several trees in the area had been felled, sliced clean through with a Gallade's Leaf Blade. Simple training. Cleaving and dicing and severing through wood in an attempt to strengthen the blade. Rex still sat near the fire, watching its sparks dance.

"How'd it go?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 15:21:17 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]He's internalized the actions of a god, put it on himself, made it an individual fault. She's stubborn, but she isn't heartless. Any comfort she can offer despite her anger at him is based in faith he doesn't have, so she does him the favor of being unreactive to the emotional outburst he doesn't want to have and turns into the forested area of the island.[break][break]

She takes her time, walks around the Gogoat sounds until the tangled hurt in her chest releases over time. Time heals, but Rex hasn't had enough of it to work past the event in Littleroot. She would prefer to meditate, but it's more effective for the both of them to calm down by scouting out the island until she's ready to wrangle the milk producing pokemon.[break][break]

The wrangling is easier than she thought. The Gogoat didn't seem to care, and when she climbed up a tree to secure a berry for it, it seemed all too happy to follow her.[break][break]

She walks back to camp, thinking of what to say, but Rex breaks the silence first. "See for yourself," she says, and the Gogoat appears several paces behind her. "It likes to chew hair, so don't let it get too close." She sits a respectable distance from him beside the fire, distinctly unhappy with him but aware the feeling was mutual. She doesn't have much in the way of an olive branch with the Cufant in the room, but ignoring it in favor of survival was the logical choice. "I see Gallade's been busy."[break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 19:36:43 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He looked up from the fire, cheeks still red and slightly puffy. Trees crashing against the ground muffled sound quite well, leaving plenty of time to cry and scream.

How childish.

"Yeah, he's practicing his form. He evolved recently, still hasn't gotten used to his body. Dancing through the trees lets him get used to controlling his blades." A sword with no sheathe was of no use to Rex, so Gallade still danced through the woods. Every once in a while, a tree would fall, signifying an error. "It's bittersweet. I can't hold him anymore, and his arms make it hard for him to hold anyone else."

In Littleroot's cellar, they wouldn't have been able to hold one another as the world threatened to end. The emotion in his chest was impossible to describe. What had he felt during that moment?

Fear? Longing? Anger?

"This Gogoat." He shouldered on, burying his unhappiness for this woman in his soul. "Think it'll stay?"

The sun was setting. Rex whistled, signifying that his Gallade return.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 19:56:57 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]He was sentimental, that much was clear. She approached the world differently. "Nothing stays," she answers matter-of-factly. "That's the thing. Time erodes everything. Our ancestors, our memories." Quieter. "Our pain."[break][break]

She gestured to the Gogoat eating grass. "In time, it will leave. In time, we will be off this island. It's inevitable." That much was objective fact, though she had abandoned any hope of him finding peace in that knowledge as she had. [break][break]

"You may, in time, find an opportunity to cross paths with Almighty Sinnoh again. You may have the chance to ask Her yourself, why events unfolded as they did." She didn't think that would happen, but she was still trying to wrap her head around the Littleroot event. She would never question the divine, but she'd rather plant that seed in his mind than the idea of fighting a god. It would be unwinnable for everyone.[break][break]

Stars above were growing visible. She felt a growing concern that Pelipper had not returned yet.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:10:42 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
He let her words wash over him. Whispered murmurs of a dream of spring where god is benevolent and kind. The truth of Dialga is a simple one. Trapped in chains of red and dragged about by a DRK Triad member, it was not itself. God had been chained, and little people were poorer for it.

Yet Rex did not know that. Neither did Keiko.

Her Almighty Sinnoh had been chained, and now it had fooled an entire generation of people into believing that it wanted them dead. He would fight it. He would win. Victory had a delicious taste, sweet and delectable. If he could chase that high, he would be content to stifle the void in his soul.

"I can't even remember their faces anymore." Rex's voice was small as he looked up at Keiko "Too much time has passed. There's nothing left but sensations. Hints of a memory. If too much time passes, I'll forget what they went through."

Gallade appeared between trees. He nodded to Rex, bowed to Keiko, before returning his Pokeball in a flash of red light.

"I don't want to forget." Pelipper was not going to make it back. He could feel it in his bones. The bird would get lost, rest, and find them eventually. It would take even longer for help to arrive. They were about to spend a lot of time on this island.

Too much time.

A yawn broke the silence.

"I can stay up for the first watch." Rex's gaze lingered towards the tent. "Go get some sleep."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:19:00 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She wondered what that felt like, forgetting faces. Her family was small, and ancestral memory was a big deal in Celestic. They kept faithful records. Hell, journaling was damn near a requirement to live there. She forgot little, and that that she couldn't retain was most certainly recorded.[break][break]

"Do you really think you'll forget?" The event seemed so deeply embedded in his psyche.[break][break]

His fear was misplaced, as far as she was concerned, but she'd overstepped enough for one day. It was his past to work through. He would eventually find peace. In time. She would not rush him. "Very well. Wake me before long, okay?" She wasn't sure how solid his internal clock was, but she didn't want to sleep through the night and leave him a sleep-deprived mess. It wouldn't do either of them any good.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:48:33 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"I don't know." His gaze locked with hers, the firelight sending waves of colors across their faces. Sparks danced in the air, before flickering and dying in the night air. "I'd rather not find out. Night, Keiko."

As she went towards the makeshift tent, Rex looked down at his palms. They shook.

Why?

Why was he alive?

Why was she alive?

Why were they stuck on this island together? What was the point? Where was the meaning in being castaway? As he thought, a realization came to him: this was why he fought. The rush was part of it, as was the adrenaline. Yet when he was on the battlefield, he wasn't thinking about this.

Keiko was lucky. Everything was so simple to her. All she needed was faith. As the hours ticked on, Rex yawned and sighed, his eyes falling on the tent. It was time for Keiko's watch, so he groggily meandered towards the tent.

Heat. It was warm. Far preferable to the air outside, cool and biting as it was. He reached out to tap Keiko's shoulder, before his hand retreated with only the faintest of brushes. There was no threat to letting her sleep.

He poked his head out at the Gogoat.

"Watch for us." His head retreated back into the tent. He hated calling it that. It was more of a ramshackle imitation than a genuine tent, but it was still warm and homelike. Instead of waking the courier, he started to doze aside her. "Night."

Warm. Vastly preferable.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 22:16:14 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Celestic Town is cold. Folks wore two layers in the summertime. Keiko, three. She despised the chill. Her dream, complemented by the discomfort of makeshift island life, was filled with a chilling isolation. Her Togekiss is there, though, and she keeps Keiko company, bumping her with her nose periodically for encouragement while Keiko finishes her paper route. She chases Togekiss' warmth to keep the chill at bay -[break][break]

She wakes to Rex.[break][break]

She wakes to Rex?[break][break]

She moves quickly to scoot back to an appropriate distance, sitting on her knees. Her early morning thoughts trickle through slowly. But her estimation, it's five in the morning, since that's normally when she wakes. But if Rex is asleep, and inside and asleep, he hadn't woken her up at all. Or she'd picked up sleep walking and had returned to the tent, but she didn't find that fathomable at all. [break][break]

The urge to pull him up by his collar and wake him up viciously is only stamped down by the fact he looks so young when he's sleeping. And she's sure the sleep is a deep one after his emotional day before. She fully intends to give him an earful, but she'll let him try to get a full eight hours. She slides out of the shelter to see the Gogoat by the extinguished fire, licking at her storage clipboard. [break][break]

So it wasn't time for the Gogoat to leave just yet. She didn't know what to make of that. Unfortunately, they were not leaving just yet. No sign of Pelipper on the horizon. [break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 22:39:30 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
When the courier leaves, it's less warm. Yet whispers of her presence remain. The familiar sensation of being close to another does not immediately cease. Her warmth doesn't leave immediately, preserved by the rising sun as it flickers through strands of grass and leaves and bark.

Rex didn't want to move.

Yet eventually, he stirred from the realm of dreaming into wakefulness. It's a pleasant sensation, especially after almost drowning and being washed up on an unknown island.

Hours after Keiko roused from slumber, Rex woke. She should've woken him up earlier, but empathy stayed her hand. There's kindness in her heart, the young man realized as his eyes fluttered open. In spite of everything, she was trying to make a difference. She cared.

That made her a better person than him.

"Mmmph." He sat up and rubbed his eyes. His bedhead was abhorrent, and it looked like Gogoat had spent the entire night licking it. Keiko wasn't there. She had woken up without him. Likely for the best. "Morning."

He poked his head out of the makeshift tent, his eyes wandering until he found his fellow castaway.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 20:33:05 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She heard his footsteps while she sat with the kneeling Gogoat, brushing out the strands of its fur as thanks for staying at their camp. She took her time before acknowledging him, though she didn't need more time to think of her response. She had stewed on it long enough.

"So you opted not to wake me."[break][break]

Her annoyance is clear. Gogoat raises his head, but she scratches under its chin to encourage it to relax. She couldn't be mad at it, after all. "We need to work as a team. Making unilateral decisions is not teamwork."[break][break]

It's then that she turns to look at him, but his bedhead startles a laugh from her. She turns back to the Gogoat, shaking her head.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 1:35:24 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
A splash of red colored Rex's cheeks as Keiko laughed and looked away. He patted down his hair self-consciously, though it did little to flatten and only served to embarrass him further.

Gogoat is their staunch ally, their middle ground that they both approve on. He kept watch in Keiko's stead, and they both woke well-rested as a result.

Extra berries were warranted, if Rex could find them.

"I'm sorry." He muttered in a sheepish apology, akin to a child being told they had misbehaved. It felt humiliating, getting a stern talking down from someone whose Pelipper had yet to return, and yet he admittedly deserved it. "I should've woken you, it's just..."

He pulled his knees close as he sat down near the Gogat.

"...it was cold." He refused to make eye contact as he rubbed the Gogoat. "You weren't."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 15:15:12 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She chewed on his explanation for a moment before speaking. "Too good to sleep with Mr. Gogoat?" The pokemon was plenty warm, and oddly loyal. She was endeared to it. [break][break]

"In any case," she exhaled, "we need a plan for today." Pelipper was off somewhere, and they had few ideas. "Trying to go off on our own in the ocean when we don't know what direction to head is a bad idea, but we could build a raft for contingency." [break][break]

"Or we could build a message with stones in the sand for anything flying above. Or we could scout the island - I'm sure there are plenty of pokemon out here..." She continued rambling, seeking some kind of plan because the absolute worst outcome on the island, hands down, was having nothing to do and no structure to exist in.[break][break]

[break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP