she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 20:46:59 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]The thing about time was that it was simultaneously holy and sacred, law and principle, the beginning and the end. But, like all immovable, incontrovertible things, it bent to human perception.[break][break]

In other words, it felt like time stopped when he kissed her. [break][break]

Keiko was not someone who experimented with relinquishing control, especially where it concerned surprises. She hated them, really, but this one? Marginally acceptable. [break][break]

She pulled him closer. Shock gave way to eagerness as she held tight to his shirt to keep him here, savoring the moment until she could no longer fight the need to breathe, nudging him away. Her heart was racing over something so stupid, but any irritation was betrayed by both her smile and her flush. Gogoat forgotten, she had the opportunity to look over him in a new light: no longer near-stranger nor adversary, but something of a partner. [break][break]

"Hey."

[break][break] [break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
Climb the ladder, one rung at a time.
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 21:36:51 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Ha..." They broke apart, gasping for air. Their lips were mere centimeters apart as he took several quick breaths, drinking in the air and her scent. "Ha..."

This was such a meaningless thing. It was an encounter that had been dictated by sheer misfortune and poor luck. There was no Almighty Sinnoh that had deemed this meeting need happen, nor would it care to intervene. Dialga did not care, and it did not will time stop just so they could kiss.

But maybe... Rex thought as he leaned in to kiss her again. ...there's something else out there. Not Dialga. Not Palkia. But something.

Her faith was, strangely enough, a comforting thing.

"Hey." He brushed a pink strand of hair behind her ear, his own hair an utter mess from earlier today. How did she keep it so smooth on a deserted island? Their entrapment felt like a distant memory, now. His smile mirrored her own, and he was flushed with embarrassment.

"Still mad?"

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 21:48:53 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]The moment floated like a Pelipper feather in the wind, unhurried. The warmth of a tropical sun didn't prevent her from shivering against his searching fingers in her hair. And then he opened his mouth to ask the stupid question.[break][break]

She clicked her tongue. "Yes." She punched at his shoulder. "You shouldn't have gotten in my way." Her face scrunched up, displeased, but it probably looked more like a pout than anger. [break][break]

"For as far as trust got me, you still let him get away. He's, like, a fugitive." But as mad as she was, even she was capable of hearing herself. It was a stupid thing to be hung up on, but she hated losing. And that Gogoat deserved to suffer for eating those cards! But she didn't see Rex letting her rampage the island anytime soon, so while Gogoat's days were numbered, he wouldn't face a reckoning today.[break][break]

No cards, no Gogoat. She braced herself on her elbows, limiting their personal space unless he backed up. "Now what?" Sit around and commiserate?

[break][break] [break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 22:37:44 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Another thing that Rex had learned on the island: Keiko Mori was adorable when she pouted.

"Now?" Beyond distracting the courier from ripping the island asunder, there was still much to do. There were supplies to stack, foodstuffs to acquire, and materials to accumulate. Pelipper was... somewhere. If push came to shove, Rex could try to use Togepi and teleport to Dewford, but he didn't want to risk Togepi's health.

Besides, he didn't want to leave Keiko alone. Not now.

"I'm gonna chase down Gogoat." He didn't move for a moment, before standing up. "To make sure he's okay."

Gogoat was likely fine, but there was no use in alienating one of the only allies they had on this island. Especially since Rex had gotten oddly attached to the Pokémon. Maybe it was a sunk cost fallacy, or maybe it was a desire to see Keiko pout more. Either way, he was going to find the goat.

"And you." He poked her in the chest. "Are going to be good and apologize to him when I get back."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 23:08:29 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Of all the things she'd expected him to say, going to the Gogoat was at the bottom of list. She stood up with him. "Wh- you can't do that?" Her confusion overtook her anger until indignation won. "You can't do that! I- I'll take my chances in the ocean if you go get that thing."[break][break]

He looked amused. The bastard.[break][break]

"I'd sooner set the island on fire than apologize." She put her hands on her hips firmly. "You cannot pick his side over mine."[break][break]

She couldn't reasonably fulfill her anti-Gogoat agenda while Rex was conscious, as any of her efforts would be halted by his interference, and it'd only waste her energy. She needed them to agree to take down the Gogoat or for Rex to fall asleep while she kept guard.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 23:25:41 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"Oh yeah?" His gaze grew mischievous as she rose to challenge him. "You must really like this card game, then."

He'd have to improve at it in order to beat her. All of the best trainers had rivals, so all the best card game players had them too, Rex reasoned. It had been a long road of stomping children and weaker players, but now that Keiko had reached the top, she needed that competition.

He could understand that.

"But tell me, Keiko. Why can't I go find him? Leave the camp, go off on my own..." Rex smirked smugly at her as he crossed his arms. "Could it be that you'll miss me?"

Either that, or Keiko would move mountains to see justice done for her precious game of Yung-i-oh.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 23:36:57 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]He was the most infuriating guy alive. "It's the principle of the card game," she retorted. She couldn't care less about some random cards generated by Togepi - but it was all they'd had for entertainment, and Gogoat should not have eaten it when he had been readily surviving off the island for who knows how long. [break][break]

"Miss you? Oh, you've lost your mind." She jabbed an accusing finger at him. "You kissed me, remember? And now you want me to bend a knee to Gogoat? The dehydration has gotten to you, clearly." As soon as it was out of her mouth, she sobered at the thought that it could be true, that his actions stemmed from delirium. [break][break]

The thought was bitter. She wasn't going to entertain his antics, especially if he was losing his mind. "Go to your best friend, Mr. Gogoat." She turned away from him. "Keep him company. But don't bring him around here." She was not apologizing to the gluttonous traitor. "I can handle myself."

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 7:45:07 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
As soon as Keiko mentioned the card game's principle, Rex raised an eyebrow. What principle did card games even offer, besides entertainment? He couldn't comprehend her logic. She baffled him.

It wasn't the first time. It wouldn't be the last.

"Yeah, I did. And I'll do it again!" He said boldly, before poking a thumb at his chest. "Plus I didn't see you complaining when I did it."

Maybe he did need to drink something. When was the last time either of them had water? A day, most likely. They needed to find a more sustainable source of water, like berries or whatnot. It meant that Rex's goals had a greater purpose. Besides, Keiko needed a few moments to fume in silence.

"Be back in a minute!"

That had been several hours ago.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 15:21:17 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]'And I'll do it again!' How did he make that sound like a threat? Her knee-jerk reaction was to argue, but she fought it this time, willing herself instead to stop blushing like an idiot. He had such a strange impact on her, and she didn't like feeling like her reactions to him were out of her control.[break][break]

Naturally, she fell into a mute confusion and couldn't find the words to tell him to stay lost if he was so determined to be the Gogoat's ally. As it was, now alone, she needed a remedy for her annoyance. [break][break]

She created a sundial with some stones and found herself a piece of serenity in doing so. She sat beside it and watched the shadow tick by. She really wanted to take a dip in the ocean since the waves were mild enough for it, but she would've had to fold up her clothing to avoid getting drenched, sick, and stuck with a salt-stiffened outfit. She didn't want to risk him returning while she was compromised, given he certainly hadn't earned it. [break][break]

What a stupid thought. She pinched her arm to rid the thought, then rose to her feet. It had been long enough that he was clearly dead or dying. If it was at the hands of the Gogoat, she'd never let him live it down. [break][break]

And so she entered the depths of the island.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 18:28:35 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
There were many trails on the island, forgotten to time and overgrown with age and a lack of people to traverse them. Perhaps people had lived on the island years ago, or perhaps it was simply a series of paths walked by the wild Pokémon that populated this lonely stretch of land.

Eventually, Keiko would find marks on trees, freshly carved into the bark as a reminder. They were remarkably similar to those on the young man's Gallade, a loyal knight that followed his foolish lord to the ends of the earth.

Eventually, the distant sounds of his voice rang out, whispering through the trees.

"Leave Gogoat alone!" The sound of blade meeting bark and flesh erupted, followed by a ferocious roar. The skittish grumble of a Gogoat quickly followed. "Fight me instead!"

The trees parted to a clearing where Rex and Gallade faced a giant Pangoro, the young man's body scratched and bleeding as he grinned up at the giant bear. Gallade quickly crossed the distance with an Agility while the Pangoro released a Breaking Swipe.

Gallade dodged. Rex was not so lucky.

"Guh!" He slammed into a tree, grunting as he wiped his mouth. "Not bad."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 18:36:26 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]The sound of trouble gave away his location more than the notches in trees. She was unsurprised to see him in a fight, but the fact that it was clearly over Gogoat made her want to join in. On the side of the Pangoro, of course.[break][break]

"Idiot," she seethed quietly, rushing to his side after he hit the tree. She pulled at his shirt again, turning him a bit to look at his eyes for sign of concussion. "If you don't behave, I will put you on a leash." He was the biggest danger on the island by a mile, given his penchant for trouble. She wondered if getting in over your head was pathological in his case. [break][break]

The rampaging Pangoro alternated between the Gallade and the Gogoat. "Mr. Gallade, can you use like, psychic or something? Trying to blast it away will be better than hitting it with physical strikes." The powerful Pangoro would want a close combat fight anyhow. That was its element. The secret to winning a fight was never picking one that landed in the opponent's favor - you had to force them to fight from a place of weakness. [break][break]

The Gogoat looked a little scared, but she knew they had reputable survivability because of their milk drink move that restored the strength. Not that she wanted it to survive, anyways. She felt distinctly unhappy to have no pokemon of her own, but at least the odds were currently in their favor against the Pangoro.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 19:51:36 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
Luckily for them both, he wasn't concussed. He was just an idiot, but Keiko already knew that from the origin for this entire escapade.

Most of what had occurred over the past day had been because of his odd nature clashing with hers. One would've called it a disfunctional relationship. Rex would've called it a very functional partnership. They hadn't killed each other yet, though it was likely that this Pangoro would.

"A leash? Do I look like a dog?" Rex grinned, delirium flickering through his pupils. "Don't worry. It's an easy match. Eh, Gallade? We're gonna become Top Champions together, right?"

In the midst of clashing blows, Gallade nodded once, before attempting to push the bear away with his mind. The bear's Dark-type protected it, but Gallade simply pushed it back with a mighty Force Palm. A Moonblast emerged between the knight's hands, before firing out towards the Pangoro.

"When I make it to Ever Grande, I'd really like it if you were there." He wiped a red scratch on his cheek. "With me."

As Keiko suggested, the Pangoro was sent flying by the mental attack.

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:05:23 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She tucked her tongue between her teeth to keep from answering a resounding yes when he asked if he looked like a dog. He certainly was stubborn like one. "A match so easy you're all battered?" Her voice was softer but still unapproving. They had none of the resources for medical problems right now. [break][break]

She wasn't sure what to make of his request. Really? Had she earned that privilege? "Gotta make it off the island before you make it to Ever Grande," she deflected, knocking a hand against his shoulder. "Don't touch your scratch, you don't want to put bacteria in there." She needed to take a closer look at him, but her triage skills would succumb to a lack of supplies any day of the week. She couldn't afford a sick partner on the island. [break][break]

She looked up at the top of the tree he was against and recognized the Pinap berries above. "Pinap juice will sting, but its acidity might help..." If nothing else, they held water and could be used to rehydrate. It hadn't worked so far, but she chose to be stern. "Forget about the battle and let me take a look at you away from the fuss." Who knew what other wounds he had.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Al
He/Him
March 13
Littleroot Town
Heterosexual
Wandering Trainer
Civillian
awards
200 posts
Althus Rex DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @althus
Althus Rex
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:18:47 GMT
Althus Rex Avatar
"But the Gogoat... are they okay?" Nearby, Gogoat demurely chewed on a few leaves and berries, before snorting at them. Rex immediately relaxed. "That's good."

Immediately, the rush began to slow down and become as tranquil as a lake. Yet that tranquility was stabbed through with bites of pain and needles of aches. That Pangoro had roughed him up pretty good, all things considered. He would've won in the end, but Keiko's order had saved the day in the end.

Another debt.

Another thing owed.

"Fine. You win." The words came begrudgingly. He hated losing as much as she did, but a loss offered room for improvement. Either her words were getting stronger or he was getting weaker. Both were unnerving. "Gallade, keep an eye out for that Pangoro. Bring Gogoat back to camp. You know the way?"

The Gallade nodded once, then twice.

"Good. Off you go." When the two disappeared, Rex's head turned back to Keiko. "Help me? It's hard to move."

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
Seabound [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 20:29:30 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Her eye twitched. The Gogoat was not a battle, but a war. He could win this battle, taking it back to camp, but she would win the war and get the last laugh against the traitorous island dweller. [break][break]

As it was, there were more pressing matters. "I gotcha, big guy." It helped that they were the same height. She hoisted his arm over her shoulders and walked him to a grassy spot. Sand would only get in the way, otherwise. She sat him on a boulder so he was at a better height for her inspection. She put her hands on his face and tilted his head this way and that to examine the wound. "Mostly superficial," she observed. "Should heal pretty quickly, actually. We just wanna make sure its clean."[break][break]

Since the whole area was surrounded with Pinap trees, she was fortunate enough to grab one from the ground that had split upon falling. "Ground Pinap," she explained, "is exactly what you deserve for running off and picking a fight." She held one half of it and pulled a chunk from it, waiting for Rex to open his mouth to disagree so she could stuff his face with it. "Let the doctor work, yeah?"[break][break]

She pulled another piece. They were sweet and sticky, but it was the best she could do without purified water. "Might sting," she warned before squeezing a chunk of it above his cheek, letting the acidic fluid wash down the cut. Instead of wasting it, she put the squeezed piece of fruit in her mouth and used her newly free hand to wipe at the bottom half of his face, cleaning up a streak of blood.

[break][break] [break]
[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP