littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 5:37:39 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

testing and preliminary trials on the hundreds of rattata they had infected with nihilego venom had yielded promising results. patterns began to emerge, and absinthe documented them as diligently and tirelessly as she was known for. it was meticulous work, draining both physically and mentally, but she poured her heart and soul into it, as she did with everything that struck her fancy. whatever shred of humanity absinthe possessed was housed in her work.[break][break]

as the week drew to an end, the chemist decided it was time to switch gears. the toxin research would take weeks, maybe months, and absinthe was growing impatient. besides, the most important project she had been nurturing had gone neglected for too long.[break][break]

she approached himiko one evening, rattata blood still staining her lab coat, mask fogging with each heavy breath she took. she needed a break. himiko would understand. in fact, she decided, perhaps it was time for her to let himiko in on her personal work. it was, after all, equally important.[break][break]

"come with me," she said simply, crooking a finger in beckoning. she wanted to show himiko her pet project, the passion that burned away her grief each night as she toiled away at its perfection. perhaps the other woman would appreciate its design as well, given how ruthless and determined absinthe had seen her be this past week. "i have something to show you."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
Yamaguchi Himiko
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2024 8:33:05 GMT
Yamaguchi Himiko Avatar
Himiko had been having a pleasant evening with herself, sitting in Petalburg and tasting the local delicies, especially after everyone was in a rather sour mood because of the recent Rocket attacks on the city. It just made all the ice cream more delectable! She was ready to go walking around for the evening until she received word from a certain poison loving woman that had certainly been a SURPRISE. Her words, though short, had even take her attention from a day off work.

"By all means, lead the way." Himiko smirked, trailing behind her masked mentor as the dutiful little assistant she was. Whatever could it be that she was being whisked away to study? Knowing Absinthe, it could very likely be anything. Maybe she was so far ahead in poisoning rattata that there was been a new discovery of a poisonous one? Stranger things had happened in the world, all things considering. "What have you been off working with, Absinthe? Keeping your hands busy as ever, I see."

[ BINGO: SURPRISE ]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2024 2:52:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

as the door to the laboratory slams shut behind them, absinthe strides towards a back room - one that she's never brought himiko into before. in fact, she rarely even enters this room herself, mostly because she tends to bring her work out into the main area of the lab instead. all of her most volatile chemicals are stored back here, rows upon rows of vials and jars that contain some of the most dangerous substances that a person could hope to encounter. she trails a finger lovingly along their edges as she walks.[break][break]

at the very back of this room, however, lies a single vial. this is the one that absinthe removes carefully, almost reverently, cradling it in her hands as she brings it over to a table. this is the one that she has been working on in secret for months, the toxin that she hopes will change the course of her life and everyone who ever hurt her.[break][break]

"this," absinthe says, voice dripping with disdain and dark promise as she flicks the vial with a fingertip, "is my pet project. my masterwork. watch."[break][break]

there's venom laced within her tone as she works, reaching for a rattata from a cage with a gloved hand and smearing upon the poor creature a miniscule amount of the substance with a pipette. almost instantly, the rattata begins to seize, limbs spasming painfully as foam collects at the edges of its mouth. its keening cry is guttural, and lasts for minutes until its life is finally snuffed out. the body goes limp and cold in absinthe's palm.[break][break]

"it's not perfect yet," absinthe admits after the rattata's corpse has gone slack, placing the body atop a nearby stainless steel tabletop with a dispassionate flick of her wrist, "but it's getting there."[break][break]

she holds the vial up to the light, watching the liquid within swirl. "it's the only thing that's kept me going."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
Yamaguchi Himiko
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2024 21:24:17 GMT
Yamaguchi Himiko Avatar
Ooooh, how secretive~ Himiko walked into the private room inside of the laboratory alongside Absinthe. Normally this would be where all the good chemicals and products were, so why would this be any different? She found herself amused at the many warning labels and rat tape wrapped carefully around vials and beakers present inside of here. The inner chemist in her felt right at home in such a place like this.

They came to a stop before one vial in specific, alongside a lone Rattata. It didn't take a doctorate's to figure out where this was going, and Himiko had tested her brews plenty of times before on the local wildlife. At best, it was a reminder of simpler times in a much better part of the world. Absinthe's work was something else, a gaseous toxin that made short work of the rat's life, even as a size of several droplets dropped onto the rat's body. Such an agonizing death, stuck in a tight SPACE where it was been trapped at for who knows how long, possibly all of its life. Himiko watched with a rather entertained expression, forming into a malicious grin.

"My, you've got a little grudge from that venom in your tone." she mused, letting out a soft chuckle. "Your life's work is astounding. I've never seen something like it before, then again, most of my poisons are more old fashioned. I can't say I'm surprised though. A beautiful poison by a beautiful woman~"

[ BINGO: SPACE ]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 0:20:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

something fierce and dangerous lights within absinthe's eyes as the gas takes effect, latching onto the weak flesh of the rattata and eating it away from the inside out. this death is not as quick as some of her other toxins, it takes time and patience to brew inside of the rattata's veins and cause suffering that she hopes feels endless, even if it is over within a few minutes.[break][break]

himiko's assessment is not wrong. it's true that this has been absinthe's life's work, everything she has been working toward for so long, and it fills her with a sense of dark satisfaction when she sees the fruits of her labor rewarded so deliciously.[break][break]

she hums softly in response to the other woman's compliment, watching as the light from the laboratory glints off the vial and casts shadows over her eyes. still, there is a furrow in her brow, and her mouth is pressed tightly together as if holding back some flood of feeling. she says it so easily—a beautiful woman. absinthe does not feel beautiful. she does not even recognize herself. how differently would himiko feel if she saw what lies beneath absinthe's mask?[break][break]

absinthe already knows the answer. digust, pure and simple. it's what absinthe feels every time she looks into a mirror.[break][break]

"grudge is an understatement," she says simply, finally, snapping her gaze up from the corpse of the rattata to fix himiko with a strange look. "i'm out for blood."[break][break]

something haunted crosses her face for a second before disappearing. "and i won't rest until i get it."[break][break]

a brief pause, and then absinthe meets himiko's eyes. "...do you have a dream? something that won't let go of you?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

madda

Himi
she/her
October 26
Celadon City, kanto
Bi
Florist
grunt
7 height
7 height
awards
101 posts
part of
TAG WITH @himiko
Yamaguchi Himiko
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2024 5:22:58 GMT
Yamaguchi Himiko Avatar
"You could call it that." Ah, the sight of a person with all the world to burn and building up the kindling to do so. There was nothing else that made for such a wonderful story than a lead up like this. Although she couldn't possibly know much about her reasons why, Himiko did feel a strange sort of empathy for Absinthe out of the same reason why. When she asked about her own ambitions, Himiko was quick to explain exactly why.

"I was originally a Kanto Rocket, once a pretty high ranking member too. My family's served them for generations now. We dealt with black market dealings, and I was tasked with capturing a particular Druddigon for a client that promised things he would have spent years working for. An alpha, somehow surviving out in the wilderness. It was as tall as the skyscraper in Unova, large enough to dwarf even the tallest Pokemon. Naturally, I procured everything we needed. Fighting was out of the question, so I decided to opt to sedate it instead. I would have used a normal sample, but for dragons especially, due to their genetics, resist poison far more easily. And it just so happened in my haste to sedate it while we had it in place, I hadn't noticed that my supply boxes were switched out. I shot the dragon with what I thought was a sedative, when in reality, it was a stimulant."

She remained quiet for a moment, recalling the fear in her eyes as the fully raging Druddigon turning everything in the area into a mass of broken building, technology, and a lot of explaining to the higher ups about what went wrong. The normally stoic woman showed some emotion, her lips forming into a dejected pout as she leaned on the table.

"We lost everything. The Druddigon, Rocket servants, our research station was flattened. I was sentenced for immediate execution, but my father petitioned to be sent here. To the festering hellhole known as HOENN. Ever since I got here, I've wanted to prove myself and go home. But no matter how I bow to or brown nose, it's never enough. All I get are empty promises and the sneaking suspicion I'll never see home again. All because of me..."

[ BINGO: HOENN ]

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
206 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
kill your kindness | c
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2024 1:41:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe listens intently as himiko recounts her story, her expression growing dark and brooding as the tale unfolds. the chemist's eyes are stormy with the understanding of what it means to lose everything, of the consuming need for revenge that follows the stripping of one's agency, one's life. it is not the same story, but it carries the same moral.[break][break]

"that must be hard," she allows at last, turning the vial of her toxin around in her hand contemplatively. "you were wronged. your life was ruined without a second thought."[break][break]

a beat, and then a quiet, tense: "...do you think you'll ever get back to kanto? or do you think you'll just start over here?"[break][break]

it's difficult to discern the answer that absinthe wants. perhaps the chemist simply wants commiseration. perhaps she wants confirmation that there really is the possibility of rebuilding, of starting over. or perhaps she wants reassurance that roots that run deep cannot be shaken or cast aside, no matter the circumstances.[break][break]

the irony, of course, is that absinthe is the exact opposite of rootedness. she has severed most of the ties in her life, dedicating herself fully to her pursuit of vengeance. whatever the answer himiko offers, absinthe will be forced to grapple with these contradicting impulses within herself—a testament to just how deeply her tragedy has eroded the foundation of her life.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven