august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 15:44:41 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

the dragonite species were revered for their flight capabilities. what mateo prepared to do was risky, but that woman? "she's going to get herself killed, idjit!" determined to help the woman, he would pass on order to dragonite upon tightening his backpack and ensuring the safety of the soul dew, "let's kick it into overdrive, dragonite!"

upon using DETECT, dragonite would do his best to evade those he were able to. had he neared the woman, he would order dragonite to thrust her out of the way; though, had she been too far, he would choose to order dragonite to aim a FLAMETHROWER toward the woman in hopes of cutting her off. either way mateo was determined to get the woman's head on screwed right, shouting loud enough in hopes of her hearing him, "get the hell out of the way you idiot, you're gonna get killed!"

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[attr="class","merkI"]

notes: is trying to stop her anyway he can.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2020 18:20:33 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
WHAT MAKES THE SKY BLUE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]STAR CROSSED TAMERS
[break][break]
DETECT allows Mateo to weave between the debris with ease. However, his knack for avoiding the attack means his Dragonite has to double back in between the gaps of each passing boulder. They cannot transverse the airspace fast enough to reach the other Dragon Tamer and must resort to using their FLAMETHROWER to cut her off from proceeding further. In contrast to his own method of survival, a brilliant PROTECT radiates from the Salamence's crescent shaped wings. Several rocks crash against the barrier but it holds against the indirect attack. Caught off guard from FLAMETHROWER that seemingly came out of nowhere, it rears its head around, roaring defiantly. [BREAK][BREAK]

[break][break]

"What are you doing?!? I have to stop them!!" [BREAK][BREAK]

She pats her Salamence on the head, reminding it to focus at the task at hand. "Don't get in my way—" The dragon flaps its wings with a heavy emphasis on trying to DEFOG the unnatural weather. Even in it's mega form, it finds no purchase in its endeavors. "—y-you IDJIT!" [BREAK][BREAK]

Unbeknownst to both, the ocean turns as the Kyogre is pelted by numerous stones. Retreating, the Pokemon submerges itself in order to harvest the power of the tide. A mighty SURF starts to climb high into the sky, dwarfing both of them in its shadow as the sea threatens to swallow them up. [BREAK][BREAK]

[break][BREAK]

repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 1:13:13 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

idjit?!

why he had half a mind to give her a good knock on the noggin. "what the hell was your plan exact---" his attention had been severed by the sudden rise in tide. "there's no way we're outrunning that...tch!" reaching into his pocket to call forth drampa, he would use that same ball to return his dragonite upon hopping simultaneously onto drampa.

quickly reaching into his backpack mateo would come to reveal a rope. as drampa flew toward the girl and her salamance, mateo would shout, "grab on and tie it around you!" he would quickly toss one end toward her while holding onto the other. with their lives on the line mateo would tie the end of his rope around his own waist while, hopefully, she did the same. "drampa, protect!" with his order given drampa would create a barrier that would envelop not just he and mateo, but the girl and her salamance as well.

there was a chance the dome could possibly break and mateo didn't wish to take any chance in becoming separated from the girl. whatever was going on she was the key to figuring this out, solving the problem, and helping him get back to where he needed to be. "hold on tight, idjit!"

notes: this bich dumb.
mateo shifted pokemon and summoned drampa.
mateo pulled out a rope and tossed one end to the girl.
mateo ordered drampa to create a protection around the four of them.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 8:22:05 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
WHAT MAKES THE SKY BLUE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]PLEDGE OF THE DRAGON TAMER
[break][break]

"What—" [BREAK][BREAK]

All it takes is for her to recognize that the ocean is about to collapse on them for her to shut up and accept his proposal. With a surprising amount of dexterity, she drapes herself around the waist of her Salamence, hanging upside down in an effort to lasso the rope around her mount as well. Together, they're bound by Mateo's PROTECT as they're engulfed by Hoenn's water. Unfortunately, Mateo underestimates the pressure of Kyogre's rage. The tidal waves swallow them whole, tugging them deep beneath the surface until the PROTECT cracks underneath the pressure, filling their precious bubble with a surge of incoming water. [BREAK][BREAK]

"Think idjit! Think!" It's clear she's panicking from the way she slaps her palm against her forehead. The more the water rises the closer they come to drowning. They continue to descend at the mercy of the swirling whirlpools, surrounded by darkness as the surface drifts away like a drawn out dream. "What were the words," she murmurs to herself, tapping her Pokeball against the crumbling barrier. [BREAK][BREAK]

It reveals her Gyarados which expands the bubble just in time as it gives way. Sudden currents threaten to sweep them away in different directions, lost at sea and drowned in the horrors of the deep. And despite all this, her last breath of air is spent chanting unfamiliar words in dragon tongue, "Lorem Ipsum." [BREAK][BREAK][BREAK]

GRANT ME A DRAGON'S...

[BREAK][BREAK]

Light erupts from her body, bathing her Gyarados in what Hoenn will come to know as MEGA EVOLUTION. [BREAK][BREAK]

Back at Spear Pillar, one of their tribesmen goes limp. His body crumples onto the floor, lifeless as he gives the last of his hope to provide her with the energy to maintain their sacred pledge. None of the others pay it any mind. They know their role in this; it's a promise they intend to keep. [BREAK][BREAK]

[break][break]

Her second MEGA EVOLUTION is enough to break through the raging rapids. It pierces through the water with a rage unheard of, able to keep all of them aboard across the new expanse of its backside. When they break the surface, it continues upwards until they're back in the air, dripping wet as the battle continues. The titans continue to bat at each other, neither one giving an inch. Several islands are torn asunder amidst the battle. The largest one that's slowly being swallowed whole will become Pacifidlog in the future.[BREAK][BREAK]

[break][BREAK]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 3:03:34 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"what...?" and that's when an unknown energy had been released. the power that radiated was immense. gyarados transcended beyond its form into a mega evolution. something mateo had not been unfamiliar with, but rather confused by the process. light was born from her person, but how? he didn't see a stone anywhere.

under his breath he'd say, "i want that." mateo would return drampa, only to continue watching the battle from above. "i don't understand," he stated, "what the hell are they!?" what was his purpose for being here? turning toward the girl, he'd ask, "what the hell did you just do?! show me how to do that, will that be enough to fight these things! are you plannin' on just sittin' here and watchin'?! they're tearing this land apart." mateo would grab hold of the girl's shoulder.

"and what you just said..." he'd pause dramatically, "...that was dragon tongue; what and who the hell are you...?" question after question, mateo kept receiving little answer since he found himself here. "look, i don't know how i got here. and i don't know how the hell i'm getting back to where i was, but i was sent here for a reason." had she not forced herself away from him, mateo would look the girl in her eyes. "but i'm not going back until i help you with what's going on here." as much as he wanted to get back and face rayquaza, it would seem as though fate had other plans for mateo.

he just wanted to know what they were, and if in this place did the key to defeating the sky dragon reside here? wherever "here" was. the self-proclaimed dragon king needed to earn his title, and hopefully, somewhere in this world, that title would finally be earned today. in order for this woman to trust him, there was only one way he knew how. with an extension of his left hand, he'd say:

"ai laik mateo kom drackru, yu laik ai kru;
oso throu daun ogeda."

notes:

drampa has been returned.
mateo is in awe with the way she enacted mega evolution and that she spoke the dragon tongue.
mateo has many questions.
mateo proclaims that he won't leave until he helps her, believes there's a reason he's here and is being shown this.

introduces himself in dragon tongue, basically translated as follows: "i am mateo of the dragon clan/tribe, you are my people (because she speaks the tongue, so he assumes they must have some relation somewhere in the family tree cause mom is from hoenn and has the blood of the dragon tribe. mateo learned this before he came to johto.), and our fight isn't over."

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2020 9:13:38 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
WHAT MAKES THE SKY BLUE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]A PLEA FOR NEUTRALITY
[break][break]

What?” Mateo’s question throws off her attention but she quickly pivots back toward the battle at hand. Her right arm extends in Groudon’s direction, orchestrating her Salamence to bring up a PROTECT. The grab at her shoulder throws her off and she snaps back with a dragon’s temper. “Don’t distract me! Only the Dragon Clan can handle this!” [BREAK][BREAK]

Groudon sets off an ERUPTION and lava spills forth. The ground start to rise, swelling up like an inflamed pimple, until it bursts, sending out spurts of lava like sickly puss. But the way it splashes proves more lethal than disgusting, magma threatening to burn through the Dragon Trainers as it soars closer to them from below. Kyorge counters with a frigid BLIZZARD, also threatening to throw them in a tizzy as heat meets cold. The sudden contrast in temperature causes the atmosphere to shift violently, turbulent winds whipping up as a draft starts to circle around them. [BREAK][BREAK]

Dolor sit… amet?” [BREAK][BREAK]

The Mega Gyarados lets out a series of HYDRO PUMPS that strike down the magma before it can reach them. It doesn’t diffuse it outright, chilling the molten sludge upon contact, but it’s enough to divert each blast from burning right through them. [BREAK][BREAK]

Listen,” she chastises, snapping her free hand at him, “I don’t know what you’re trying to do but we have to stall them until the Dragon can come. We can’t afford to let either the Sea or Land to gain an advantage over the other.” [BREAK][BREAK]

At this point, Mateo recites his own version of Dragon Tongue and the Dragon Tamer stares at him blankly. She breaks out in a small chuckle, immediately straightening herself before fumbling with her next Pokeball. [BREAK][BREAK]

Your Drake tongue is terrible. You sound like Ladon.” [BREAK][BREAK]

Coincidence? [BREAK][BREAK]

[break][BREAK]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 3:43:31 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

his tongue was off? well, there was a chance that overtime the dialogue could have shifted. it's not uncommon given with history and all. but that's not what caused the dragon master to pause. it was the name she spoke, "ladon?" mateo repeated. it wasn't important, shaking his head in order to get his thoughts together. he'd continue with the task at hand.

"anyway, what you're doin' is reckless and you need to get it together, the hell you plannin' to do?" this was getting them nowhere. and then she spoke of "stopping them," with what exactly?! "how were you gonna stop them? you said something about stopping them early." maybe she was the key to his own problems, "tell me!"

[attr="class","merkI"]

notes: just talking, the usual.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 340px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; background: #252525; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 5:08:56 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
WHAT MAKES THE SKY BLUE

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]THE PURPOSE OF THE DRAGON CLAN
[break][break]

What do you mean reckless? You’re the one that’s in the way!” [BREAK][BREAK]

The battle continues to stir in the background. The very foundation of Hoenn shifts with their every move. The duo become nothing more than specks of dust as the Titan utilize their power to the utmost. Just how insignificant they become is highlighted in the size discrepancy between them. The most impact they can have is to cancel out any stray attacks heading their way. [BREAK][BREAK]

I’m sorry, we don’t have a choice, nana. Consectetur adipiscing elit!” [BREAK][BREAK]

Another light erupts from the peak of the Sky Pillar. It seeks her out just as she tosses her next Pokeball, revealing her Mega Garchomp. With all three Mega Evolution at her disposal, she should be able to combat just about anything. However, what she faces is in a league that Mega Evolution can never hope to compare. The PRIMAL REVERSION form of Groudon and Kyogre exchange their signature attacks and the resulting blast sends several shockwaves their way. [BREAK][BREAK]

It takes a great deal of effort to not get swept away by the turbulence but they manage. Mateo’s constant questioning and the pressure from the scenario finally grate on her last nerve and she explodes by grabbing him by the collar, shaking him furiously to shut up him. [BREAK][BREAK]

We have to buy time for the Dragon God! No one else can stop the Sea or the Land! If one manages to beat the other they’ll reshape the world in their image!” The rain continues to drench both of them as a stream of droplets continue to cascade from her face. However, the harsh sunlight proves too illustrious to allow her to hide her tears. It’s obvious that she’s crying, swamped by her responsibility and the loss it entails. [BREAK][BREAK]

The Dragon God is the only one who can maintain the balance. We just have to persevere until it gets here! It’ll come…” [BREAK][BREAK]

Kyogre summons another tidal wave as Groudon begins to charge up its SOLAR BEAM. [BREAK][BREAK]

It has to.” [BREAK][BREAK]

[break][BREAK]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
DRAGALIA LOST
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2020 6:06:41 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","light"]mateo merely stared at the girl. furrowed brows entwined with a neutral expression. tears weren't going to help them out of this, but he could see her frustration. he understood such pained expression. if she believed they would come, then he'd just have to follow along.

he would take hold of her hand, as if she were or @bryony. her ferocious desire to place faith in a being she believed could stop these two resonated with him. he wasn't sure as to why. but the only respond he could give to help her was this, "fine, i'll trust in you and them." its all they could do.

they were both powerless, so if this was the key stopping them. then he was ready to go all the way in. "i believe that they'll come, they have to. so don't cry--get angry. you got the soul of a dragon for sure." he saw that in her. he wasn't sure as to how or why, but he just did. "if he's a god, then all you have to do is..." he'd pause momentarily only to finalize his statement with one word, "...pray."

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]