[M] Sticks & Stones

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] Sticks & Stones
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 0:20:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.ayab-container]--be-accent: #AA88B6;[/newclass]

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400i|Roboto:400,700|Vollkorn:400,400i]
[attr="class","ayab-border"]
[attr="class","ayab-container"]
[attr="class","ayab-header"]
[attr="class","ayab-icon"]

[attr="class","ayab-lyrics-hov"]
[attr="class","ayab-lyrics"]be as you've always been

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]mission

[attr="class","ayab-body"]
[attr="class","ayab-shape"]

[attr="class","ayab-text"]

oh no, oh gosh no.[break][break]

she was a doctor; she wasn't fit f-for.. something like this! what was the upper thinking when they assigned this mission to her?! she was useless! utterly, completely useless in this scenario! she was going to be baggage - a burden - to her partner! ahh.. she knew this was a bad idea. she knew something was fishy when her father said that he had a gig for her to take that would be good while waiting for patients. yeah, wendy, just quietly listen, why don't you? maybe this time, you can get yourself arrested for the needles and scalpels you've left in your path! [break][break]

she most certainly wasn't ready, and she never will be ready. but that didn't matter, because she was here now, with the intention to break one of the rockets out. well.. breaking out would depend on how you see it as. she was told that, on one hand, they could effectively kill them to shut them up. on the other hand, they can take them back into rocket custody. though it didn't matter much to her; she just didn't want to get in trouble. [break][break]

she paces back and forth at the side of the building, anxiously twiddling her fingers together while sticking close to her gengar. "please be nice, please be nice..!"

[attr="class","ayab-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged] opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-body] display: table-cell; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text i] color: #aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit a] font:700 7px/7px roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] Sticks & Stones
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2019 20:25:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”And who exactly are you hoping to be nice?”

A man dressed in what appeared to be a League Officers uniform would ask as he approached the clearly anxious young lady. This man wasn’t a league officer at all and was in fact here to assist the young madam in her task today. It was a rather peculiar thing decided to take such a job that Simon would usually delegate to someone else.

His days of breaking people out of prison were most certainly behind him, or at least they should be. But when he figured out who was going to be taking this job he felt his guidance might be required.

That and if this sort of job went to shit that’d be bad news for rocket and he didn’t trust just anyone to not screw it up. The look on his face was a stern one as if he had just caught her red-handed but once he got a panicked reaction out of her like he assumed he would he’d break that façade and wear a big goofy grin on his face instead. ”Gotcha!” He laughed.

”Sorry but I couldn’t resist! I’m no league officer; don’t let this disguise fool you! I’ll be assisting you in this job today, you can call me Sin.” And a nice disguise it was.

Along with the outfit he had someone doll him up to alter her face, make it real authentic like in those spy movies. Well, they had sci-fi tech to make them look different all Simon had was make-up and prosthetics. ”I figure you know who are target is and where they’re being held, right?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] Sticks & Stones
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2019 6:31:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]@sinner

lord she felt her heart stop.[break][break]

never has anyone whipped around so quickly, then looked up to see the face of a man under the guise of a ranger. of course, she wasn't anywhere near as cautious nor intricate as this man who prepped a disguise. so far, in fact, that she - for a moment - thought that he was an actual ranger and could feel her heart stop. had she not hyperventilated from panic right there and then, she'd start to tear up after letting out an abrupt squeak from being startled so suddenly. [break][break]

the glare lingers for a while longer. her hands are bunched up at her chest and her knees had grown weak (she was trembling like a leaf on a violently windy day). even after breaking out of the facade, the petite woman's eyes slowly began to brim over with tears. she tried her best to hold them back; she really did. but that.. that was so mean! he-he shouldn't suddenly sneak up on people like that! sh-she thought that she was actually going to get in trouble, a-and..[break][break]

"uuu.." she tries to hold in the tears by pulling her hands to her face, and her face down into her palms. "y-you scared me.." what did she do to deserve this? thankfully the man seemed nice; he was just unfortunate enough to have her as his partner. [break][break]

okay, wendy! deep breaths! it was going to be okay, right? after all, they were on a mission, and she couldn't be holding people back, right? erm.. he asked a question, too. she tries to pull herself together and quiets the soft hiccups whilst recovering from the shock. "i-I don't know where in the building, but - uhm.. - maybe he's in a cell..?" well of course he was; he was a prisoner. the gengar of hers ran a finger down her spine, enough to send chills and raise the girl's voice a bit "h-he's on the first floor! a-at the back of the building..!" probably. at least, that's what she got from her gengar earlier when he led her to the side. [break][break]

"i think.."

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] Sticks & Stones
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 6:58:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Well sheesh now Simon felt sort of bad for his little prank, he hadn’t expected to get this sort of response. Seeing as it almost gave the poor woman a heart attack, Simon figured it’d be best to hold out on any surprises or jokes less he end up being responsible for an early death.

Someone as skiddish as her on a mission like this just reeked of disaster. Not only that but her mind seemed ot be all over the place as well. ”Oh man.” The man sighed, shaking his head at the sight of her. What in the world are they doing with these kids when they recruited them? Because clearly it wasn’t any sort of training.

”Saying ‘I think’ isn’t going to cut it!” Luckily he had done his own homework and knew that she was pretty much right on the dot.

”You’ve got to be a hundred percent certain of something like that or we’ll be in some real trouble.” Even taking the time to scold her on this was a misstep on Simon’s part, they should be moving.

”But back of the building hmm? Well that’ll make things a bit easier.” Simon rubbed his chin as he spoke, getting lost in thought for a moment.

”Alright well here’s the deal! We’ll be going in as guards during the shift change and swapping places with the current guards, that’s when we’ll have an easier time to break out friend out.” He’d hand her over an ID card.

”These should get us in. luckily they don’t have photos and just do codes.” Be in a shitty situation if it was otherwise.

”Are you sure you’re up for this? Once we go in there’s no turning back, you know that right?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[M] Sticks & Stones
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2019 19:07:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]@sinner

that scare took ten years off her life; she called it. [break][break]

the raise of his voice? even more so. she felt herself suddenly tense up from his voice, and she quietly squeaks in response. "i-i'm sorry!" she cries out, shutting her eyes and lowering her head. was he mad? he was mad, wasn't he? her irrational mind just kept on conjuring up her fear to blow it out of proportion. "i-i'm really sorry..!" even when she knows apologizing wouldn't cut it. she was a doctor; she wasn't a spy. why did the higher-ups assign her to this? it doesn't suit her. [break][break]

million dollar question. [break][break]

she takes a deep breath and narrows her eyes, slightly. "i-i know.." she sheepishly mumbles. nevertheless, she takes the id card that he'd given her. she didn't need to do much in terms of a disguise, solely because she had a pokemon who could easily help her with the task. seeing that she didn't have a disguise to begin with, it'd be.. pretty bad if she just waltzed in without it. that, and she doubted her partner would have one of her size. instead, she fumbles to pull a pokeball from her belt and releases a zoroark from the confines. [break][break]

she nods quickly, then gently taps the vixen-like pokemon's shoulder. "u-uhm.. worst case, c-cornea could make an illusion.." it should distract cameras and others, right? so long as they didn't have to talk way too much. either way, she hopes that she can be just.. a little bit of help. [break][break]

with another deep breath, she pats the top of her gengar's head. "n-neuroma, please wait for us inside, in the shadows.." and with that, the gengar snickers and sinks into a nearby shadow to slick under the cracks in the door. [break][break]

"i'm ready.."[break][break]

ready as she'll ever be, at least, as her zoroark's eyes glowed a slight blue hue to indicate an illusion forming around the trainer - more so to make her look like a regular ranger with a clefable at her side.