[DW] fragile hearts

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 5:43:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.ayab-container]--be-accent: #AA88B6;[/newclass]

[nospaces]
[googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400i|Roboto:400,700|Vollkorn:400,400i]
[attr="class","ayab-border"]
[attr="class","ayab-container"]
[attr="class","ayab-header"]
[attr="class","ayab-icon"]

[attr="class","ayab-lyrics-hov"]
[attr="class","ayab-lyrics"]be as you've always been

[attr="class","ayab-tagged"]

[attr="class","ayab-body"]
[attr="class","ayab-shape"]

[attr="class","ayab-text"]

.. right. [break][break]

she already asked for his name! god, wendy, at the very least, try to remember the names of the people around you! it was a small detail and minor mistake, but she couldn't help but to feel the embarrassment as the fact slapped her in the face. she's going to apologize again-- until she sees how.. uncomfortable, she probably made him feel. great going, wendy. not only did you forget that he said his name (his name, for crying out loud!), you also made him feel uncomfortable and probably guilty for something so minor. [break][break]

she should be apologizing, right? er.. but wouldn't that be apologizing for apologizing? and if he was unhappy with her apologizing, she.. shouldn't, right? ah! this was too confusing for her![break][break]

so, instead, she gives him a sheepish nod and lowers her head. "y-yes please.." she whimpers, as the clefable begins to pat her trainer's shoulder. she makes a mental note to stick close to him - until a venipede begins to scuttle through. through on all those.. legs.. a-and those eyes a-and that wriggly body-- [break][break]

oh lord it's a bug. it's a bug. [break][break]

the creepy crawlies that prompted her to immediately cling onto the man's arm. she squeaks and tries her best to stay away from the crawly, holding onto orion as the venipede harmless walks by. "i-it's a bug..!" she squeaks. maybe if she shut her eyes, it'll disappear, right? [break][break]

turns out it wasn't the only thing that appeared, because a thievul wandered towards the timid trainer's bag and tried to take some things of hers. she wouldn't notice of course, because she was too busy screaming over the centipede. [break][break]

passing

[attr="class","ayab-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged] opacity: 0; transition: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-body] display: table-cell; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text i] color: #aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit a] font:700 7px/7px roboto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2019 21:56:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
capture attempt on thievul

Speaking of the Pokemon being active, they prove his point not a moment later when the girl squeaks, huddling close to him for protection.

It's just a Venipede, he notes, casually scuttling along the ground without posing any threat to the duo of trainers. A bug, she insists, and he holds in the exasperated sigh that longs to escape him. Poor bug-types didn't get enough credit. Most of them were content to leave well enough alone, and some of them were even adorable.

Maybe not Venipede, but he likes them.

"It's OK," he insists with forced patience. "It's not coming any closer, it's just passing by, it — hey!"

The Thievul stiffens and pulls its head out from where it had been perusing Wendy's bag, something clamped in its jaws. Orion whistles for Katas, and the Absol pounces on its fellow dark-type with a quick attack. They struggle in the dirt — the Thievul drops whatever it had been holding — until Katas gains the upper hand and pins the fox-like Pokemon by the throat, growling.

"Good work," Orion compliments, tapping the thieving dark-type with a Pokeball. He turns to Wendy. "Never seen one of those before, must be one of those new species they introduced. Oh, I think it grabbed something of yours!"

It's a little dark to see; Orion pulls out a flashlight and aims it toward the path so that Wendy can retrieve... whatever it was.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2019 3:38:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MURKROW APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / insomnia[break]
torment / assurance / tailwind / sucker punch
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD ACCELGOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / hydration[break]
bug buzz / power swap / u-turn / water shuriken
[break][break]

[break]
Orion caught the Thievul!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2019 22:59:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

but, also consider, it was a bug. a crawling, crunchy, skittish and crawling bug! it was terrifying (more terrifying than anything she could see, of course) and unsettling - enough for the young woman to chuck shame and pride out the window when she clung to the man's jacket. thankfully, the accursed roly-poly centipede made its way off into the darkness, and wendy could finally take a moment and take a breather. [break][break]

until, at least, orion's voice suddenly raised into a shout. her hair could have stood on end while the chills smacked her goosebumps like a brick to a wall. never has she tensed up so quickly (a lie, she'd done so, so many times in the past five minutes. christ, wendy). she's frozen, before slowly taking a look to the theivul who was-- wow way too cLOSE FOR COMFORT...[break][break]

thankfully, orion's absol had taken the liberty to go on a hunt for the pickpocketing fox. she watches, quietly, as orion makes quick work of the thieving pokemon. her gengar, from the shadows, snickers at his trainer's dismay while the clefable tries to soothe the girl's heart. this wasn't safe, was it? there were bug! a-and thieves! god, it was a good idea to ask someone to follow her, even though she was causing so much trouble so late. [break][break]

instead, she takes her time to look up and try to find what exactly the pokemon tried to take. fortunately for her, it wasn't anything.. incriminating (the last thing she'd want is for him to see the scalpel in her bag pockets). instead, it was just the charm she kept on her phone. a cute little togetic charm for good luck and happiness (something she tried to keep, so she wouldn't seem gloomy all the time). "th-that's mine!" she pipes up, grabbing it to secure it back onto her phone. [break][break]

she lets out a sigh of relief, then turns back to the trainer. "i-i'm so sorry.." she stammers, nearly hiding behind the phone. "th-thank you for stopping the thievul.." [break][break]

on the other hand, two pokemon seemed to make their ways past; a murkrow and accelgor.

[break][break]
passing

[newclass=.ayab-border] padding: 10px; background: #ececec; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: auto; width: 522px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #fcfcfc; outline: 1px solid #ddd; padding: 10px; background: #f1f1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-header] width: 450px; background: #333; display: flex; align-items: center; justify-content: space-between; padding: 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-icon img] display: block; border-radius: 100%; padding: 5px; background-color: #fafafa; border:10px solid #ccc; border: 10px solid var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display; font-style: italic; color: #888; flex-grow: 1; overflow: hidden; display: flex; margin-left: 25px; justify-content: center; align-items: center; text-align: center; position: relative; height: 130px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics-hov:after] content: ""; position: absolute; width: 50px; height: 3px; margin-top: 35px; background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-lyrics] width: 100%; position: absolute; opacity: 1; transition: 0.75s; transition-delay: 0.5s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-lyrics] opacity: 0; margin-left: 150px; transition: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-tagged a] font: 400 24px/26px playfair display !important; font-style: italic !important; color:#ccc; color: var(--be-accent) !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-container:hover .ayab-tagged] opacity: 1; transition: 0.5s; transition-delay: 0.75s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text] font: 400 13px/16px vollkorn; color: #888; padding: 40px; margin-top: 10px; text-align: justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-text b] font: 700 12px/16px roboto; color:#999; color: var(--be-accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-shape] float: right; shape-outside: polygon(0 0, 100% 100%, 100% 0); width: 100px; height: 100px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 101% 100%, 101% 0); background:#ccc; background: var(--be-accent); padding-top: 00px; margin-left: 50px; margin-bottom: 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ayab-credit] text-align:center; margin:auto; margin-left:500px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2019 9:36:37 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
pass

Thievul's pokeball stills in his grasp, the light emitting a soft glow in the darkness to inform him of a successful capture. He'll need to think of a name for the little bandit later, but for now...

"Don't mention it." He offers Wendy a smile, clipping the ball to his belt and giving Katas a scratch behind his horn in thanks. "Really, it's Katas who did most of the work."

A proud rumble rises in Katas' throat, and Orion looks fondly at his partner Pokemon.

They start back along the path, his Absol creating a barrier between the trainers and the two wild Pokemon to dissuade them from approach. He doesn't think Wendy needs a second heart attack — or, more realistically, a tenth.

"We shouldn't be too far now," he reassures her. "Where are you coming from?"

This, he hopes, is a more innocent and lighthearted question than the earlier one he'd posed about her Gengar. Oops.

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]color:#9e76b1; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2019 9:55:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PILOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / thick fat[break]
ice fang / mist / ice shard / earthquake / icicle crash
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PINSIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / mold breaker[break]
superpower / x-scissor / storm throw / me first
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 17:57:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

she gives the absol a brief look - one mixed with appreciation and fear - before giving it a nod of gratitude. it was gratitude, right? so it should be fine, right? right?![break][break]

at the very least, she hopes that's the case. she didn't want to offend anyone-- was she being offensive? gods, wendy, you were really thinking too much into it. as she was trying to calm herself, however, she glances over to the gengar who seemed to slither back through the shadows and into the clefable's shadow. the two, round pokemon were still tending to wendy, whereas the latter, ink pokemon waved her arm in thanks to both orion and the absol. [break][break]

thanks to the absol, especially, since she didn't have to worry about being attacked by the other two pokemon who seemed subtly hostile towards the duo. nevertheless, wendy hoped to be able to pass them harmlessly. [break][break]

"u-uhm.." she stammers, raising her hands to her chest to begin fiddling with her fingers. "i'm just going home.. m-my grandmother lives in the next town over, s-so i needed to deliver her medicine.." which wasn't a complete lie; she needed to administer some medicine to an elderly; even if it wasn't one related to her. with a nervous glance upwards, she tilts her head. "a-and you..? i-if you don't mind me asking..!"

[break][break]
passing

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 20:09:28 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
pass

Delivering medicine to her grandmother? It's like something straight out of a fairy-tale, a lost young woman beset upon by the horrors of the darkness as she tries valiantly to reach her elderly relative. Orion's not sure what part he plays in such an analogy; he's not brave enough to be a knight in shining armour, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, he nods to acknowledge her answer.

"That's sweet of you."

Not everyone would look out for their relatives like that. Arceus knew his own family had never looked out for him, and he responded in kind with a cold sort of distance from those linked to him by blood. They were dead to him.

"Oh — I was just patrolling," he replies, which was pretty much the truth. Any time he took walks, especially at night, he made sure to keep an eye out for any person or Pokemon in trouble. It just so happened that trouble had bumped into him this time around. "I keep a weird schedule with my job and all, so this is pretty normal for me."

He gestures around at the darkened route upon mention of this. He's never been afraid of the dark, nor what might lurk within it. Things that were dangerous in the darkness were just as frightening as in the daylight; the only difference was the amount of light you had to see them by.

He glances toward Katas as the Absol growls at the lurking wild Pokemon, then returns his gaze to the path ahead.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2019 0:44:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD YANMA APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / speed boost[break]
detect / wing attack / bug buzz / uproar
[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SABLEYE APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / mold breaker[break]
knock off / shadow claw / fake out / mean look
[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 8:11:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

"i-i see.." she fumbles with her fingers. it was a relief to hear that there wasn't anything suspicious that he was doing-- n-not that she suspected him, to begin with! it was just odd to see someone walking around at this time, at least. on the other hand, she was grateful that there was someone to escort her back. arceus knows that her gengar would be the one to scour through the shadows ahead to clear any and all pokemon out before scaring her on his own. [break][break]

so she had orion to thank for sparing her the heart attack. [break][break]

speaking of gengar, the ghost pokemon seemed to roll around with the same grin on his face as he carried a sleeping sableye - one that he put to bed to with a quick hypnosis. with the sableye in his stubby arms, he gestures with a content grin and puzzled tilt of his head-body. wendy gives the pokemon a glance. "i-it's a bit rude to eat their dreams.." she comments, but the gengar ignores the trainer and does so anyways. "n-neuroma..!" that was rude![break][break]

in an attempt to stop her gengar from sucking the sableye's dreams dry, she pulls out a spare pokeball from her bag to gently toss at the sableye. then she gives orion an apologetic glance. "neuroma likes the d-dark too much, and i-i'm worried he might get into trouble if i walked alone, too.."

[break][break]
catching sableye

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
[DW] fragile hearts
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 5:27:08 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
notes
pass

Wendy's Gengar certainly seems like a troublemaker, positively gleeful as it steals the dreams of a poor sleeping Sableye.

"They do tend toward mischief," he agrees, dry tone edged with humour as he watches red light swallow the Gengar's victim. "That's ghosts though, I suppose."

He doesn't consider himself an expert on any particular type, but he does trend toward dark and spooky.

He turns his head at the sound of a low thrumming near the edge of the path, but relaxes upon realising it's only a Yanma buzzing its way along. It doesn't seem particularly hostile, and so he lets it be.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga