awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:29:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At Evan’s words, he remembered something—something that should have been long-forgotten by now, but it wasn’t easily erased from his memories.

“I—remembered something,” he stammered as he came to a realization. “That—my encounter with Celebi—it’s not the first of their kind I’ve seen.”

He then went on to explain that how during a previous winter formal event that had been held in another place (still within Hoenn) that there had been another—one that was blue and white, that boasted wings and exuded ‘calmness’, had been sighted.

And how it had ‘spoken’ to everyone else present before choosing one of those present as their ‘envoy’, or something similar to those words.

“H—here, let me draw it out f-for you.”

He then reached for pen and paper once more, scribbling (to the best of his memory) what this Pokémon looked like. The one detail that stuck out was the face that it had a long, flowing tail, and that it was as blue as freshly-fallen snow.

“Do… do you know this one?” he asked a few moments later.

he remembered something—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:34:16 GMT
evan fader Avatar
The idea of it sent chills down his spine in more ways than one.

To think the birds of Kanto had come here as well. To think so many could potentially be gathering where none could see. Where many had. In all the places they could find to exist.

Evan brings his fingers to her face, elbows resting on his knees, chin on his hands as he watched Lars. How many more had he missed while he was in other places? How many gods now spoke to the world when the had spent so long in silence.

For just a second, those bright blue eyes turn sour. Turn to stone. Turn to ice. As if some hidden fury could be uncovered if one pulled the look apart long enough to find it.

He speaks, and it is gone. "Articuno."

"Of Kanto."

"Do you remember any others?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:40:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment Evan saw the drawing, Lars noticed something overcome the other man—like the aura he exuded had changed, at least for a few moments. He couldn’t understand why and how the other was reacting that way, and therefore found it rather strange.

“Well, there’s another one, but—this time a friend of mine had the chance to encounter this directly. Would… would you like to know about this one?” he asked, hand hesitantly hovering over the piece of paper, ready to scribble it down as best as he could.

This meant that he would have to go through his phone again, though, since the description was sent to him (gods why didn’t his Gym Leader friend have a phone on him when he encountered that creature) and didn’t have a physical picture so this other one was rather hard to judge just by looks. But the way he’d described it was rather terrifying, so to speak.

cue X-Files theme—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:46:01 GMT
evan fader Avatar

"Yes, I would."

Evan says, voice even and mellow despite the thoughts rolling around in his head. The more he knows, the more he is aware of, the better in the long run. He does not believe he has any real place at the feet of the gods but he can't help the curiosity, it awakens an old drive he had thought gone and dead within him. A want for answers he had never been given.

The grip of his hands tightens at the thought.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:51:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Give me a few moments, then,” he remarked as he fished his phone out and began scrolling through the messages from his one particular contact.

While they had not met physically, it was through this private line of communication they exchanged information—because even Gym Leaders only knew so much about what was going on as they tended to focus more on the cities they held sway over.

Setting the phone down, he then began reading and re-reading the description and started sketching on a free part of the paper. While this one had a most strange body, the main feature that was described in absolutely terrifying detail were the arm-cannons.

Arm-cannons big enough for a person to grab around and extract something.

“This one… this one, my friend encountered in the Shoal Cave. Hell knows why he was there during that time, though.

The arm-cannons came to life in detail, before adding a description of how this particular one bellowed and released hot clouds of steam along with terrifying, powerful drenches of water.

Once he was reasonably done, he then looked up.

“How about that?”

cue X-Files theme—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:03:25 GMT
evan fader Avatar
This one was a little more obscure, one that Evan had passed by at some point in his travels but had a hard time finding the stories of in his head. Of course he had a hard time finding most things in his head, but the legends never left the way everything else did. He fixated on them too strongly.

"That one it's a little harder to say, but I'm quite certain I've seen it before." Evan bites his lip, thinks. "At least i am quite certain I have.It's harder to place."

Evan breaths deep, eyes lowering to the floor in search of something else to say, he finds nothing. "If something that obscure is here as well.... I can only imagin how many others were."

And the nightmare they'd had, that wasn't the end fo it at all. There was much more going on in this region than any of them knew.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:09:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

While Lars hadn’t had the chance yet to encounter all the others who had become ‘envoys’ of a Legendary Pokémon, he couldn’t help but shake off the feeling in his head.

Like there was something looming on the horizon, but at that point it was still too obscure for him to make out clearly.

“At least—at least you know that this one also exists…” he said, tapping the pen on the paper for a few moments. “Which regions do you know of, and can definitively identify, which Legendary Pokémon from?” he inquired afterward. If he was going to start looking into this while he wasn’t working, it was best to start where the other was familiar.

What was causing them to turn up all in this place?

cue X-Files theme—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:16:14 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"Almost anywhere." he states.

"Ij've been traveling most my life, always took an interest in the locals."

He remembers sitting on front porches and storefront steps fondly. Catting with elders in villages of obscure areas, talking about things not everyone takes the time to listen for anymore. There was much the world had taught him over the years, much he could still learn. But he'd been just about everywhere, had learned whatever he could.

"Everywhere but Orre." he admits with reluctance. Because he does not wish to speak of why. At least thankfully, Orre has little to call it's own.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:22:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The way Evan admitted that he had been to most known places in the world so far was… impressive, so to speak. And here he was, Hoenn-bound because of circumstances he didn’t want to talk about either… at least for the moment.

“You’ve been everywhere,” he went on quietly, tapping the pen on the piece of paper once more. “Now that I told you what I know of the three that call this region home… I suppose you’d want to go out to Sootopolis to learn more about them, in general?” he added a few moments later.

Even if there was still something… upsetting that was keeping him from visiting the City Ringed with Stars, he had to pull it off and deal with it as soon as he could.

“I could… I could help you get more information about the ones that call this place home.”

cue X-Files theme—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:27:17 GMT
evan fader Avatar
Evan can't help but chuckle, it brings a smile to his lips that have not passed for most of the night. For obvious reason, the entire thing has been one case of off putting after another.

"I have been there in the past. Like i have most places." he truly has been most everywhere at one point or another after all.

He thinks on it for a moment though. "But I suppose I am due for another visit, and this time with a different goal in mind." usually he simply takes what he comes across, to seek something out with information such as this changes things. It changes how one looks at things.

Suddenly the world becomes something all together new this way.

"I think I would like that, if nothing else such an endeavor could become useful tot he rest of the region at some point."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:33:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You should seriously become a lore keeper at this point,” he mused back, the hint of a soft chuckle escaping his lips. While the Ampharos had finally fallen asleep at the foot of the bed, the Lucario was now staring into space, but still listening to their conversation… somewhat.

Just as he was about to make a remark about Evan returning to Sootopolis, his phone goes off.

“Oh, the food’s here… give me like, a few minutes to get it,” he said as he clambered off the bed and grabbed said unit before dashing down and out of the room, leaving Evan alone with his thoughts.

It’s at this point the Lucario snaps out of his trance and gives the other man a very thorough look, before letting out a soft snorting noise that one might take for laughter—of course only Lars could understand how his own Pokémon communicated at this point.

these two—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:39:08 GMT
evan fader Avatar
There is a part of Evan that is grateful for the well places arrival of the food. It keeps his secret from lingering out in front of him. Though one of many it is one he keeps close to home.

Evan mulls over the conversation thus far, the things he's learned about the recent events, the shared nightmare, all the little things that seem to be going on. Evan cal already feel the urge to take it to paper and begin mapping it out in front of him and refrains. For now. It is something he will do in the coming hours of the night after he has left Lars to rest.

He says nothing when the man returns, eyes on the floorboards, thoughts running wild.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:48:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars does make his return—laden down with the promised smell of pizza wafting through the small, homey room. Balanced atop the box itself was the pasta he had chosen for himself, and right top that one was the clear container that had the greens that Evan had picked out.

“I know I’m not the only one who’s hungry after what happened,” he said with a hint of a laugh in his voice as he sat back down on the bed and placed the food containers between them. “They even sent over forks and stuff, how cute,” while digging through the small paper bag that had the extra condiments as well as paper napkins for them to use.

“Shall we eat?” he asked as he spread out the food as best as he could. “Don’t sweat it, I’ll keep the bed as clean as possible. I swear.”

these two—

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:55:33 GMT
evan fader Avatar
"Yes, I think that's enough heavy conversation for one night anyway." he says with a gentle smile, reaching for the food meant for him. It was hard to say he was terribly hungry, but he knew better than to not eat at all. He took a fork, settled back in where he had been sitting and frankly, played with his food more than ate it.

"Don't worry about it though, these rooms don't get used much anymore anyway." at least not right now. Hopefully that would change at some point.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Distract me [lars]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 0:35:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that the food’s been laid out and handed over, Lars reached for the other fork and cracked open the box that had the pasta inside it. A delicious smell wafted from within its depths, and without further ado Lars sinks the fork in and begins to mix it as fast as his hungry hand could handle.

“Oh, wow. I wasn’t expecting it to have this much,” he remarked as he mixed the sauce and the noodles together. The delicious smell of cream sauce and chicken permeated the area, and as he dug around he’s a little surprised to see that there are some black olives thrown into the mix for good measure.

“Oh that’s nice. Really nice, he said to nobody in particular as he continued mixing it together. After a while of mixing (honestly the smell is getting to him) he then twirls the fork around and pulls out a serving big enough for him to chow down on.

“How’s the salad treating you?” he asked from behind the box. It’s not every day Lars gets to have an entire serving of tasty pasta all to himself…

these two—