evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2020 20:53:50 GMT
evan fader Avatar
[attr="class","evantalk"]

The huffing mimikyu is ignored, because Evan knows she'll get over it before long. The two of them have done this tit for tat too long for it to hold water.

"No actually, budew normally go for bodies of water, not trees." They come to a stop, looking up in the tree the pokemon seem to have determined is worthy of interest. His own pokemon circle it, the lilligant laying a leafed hand on the trunk and looking up. She looks over her shoulder at Evan and he sighs. "Either the weather caused this or we might have some other kind of trouble on our hands."

He pokes at the mimikyu on his shoulder and she jumps, little claws digging into the cloth of his top. "Well? You're the one that likes throwing things." she chitters at him before scurrying down his arm, hopping from where his hand is outstretched for her onto the ground. "We can handle getting someone up there if you can watch out for trouble, I get the feeling something else is responsible for this."

Without waiting for confirmation the Mimikyu takes matters into her own hands, shadow reaching across the ground and bellow his whimsicott, the lightest of his pokemon thanks to his fluff. Rather unceremoniously the pokemon is laughed into the air in much the same way Meg had launched herself. She hops back and forth in her spot herself, because the pokemon most definitely enjoys throwing things and the whimsicott seems to be used to this.

>>;w; she tries

[newclass=.evantalk b]color: #7d6484;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2020 21:40:50 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Orion grimaces.

"That's what I was worried about," he admits.

It hadn't seemed right. He didn't know too much about Budew but a knot so high up in the tree had seemed an improbable place for such little Pokemon to make their nest. He's not sure if they can climb, has encountered them only on a surface level.

Evan requests that he keep a lookout, and Orion is quick to agree with a nod. That, he can do.

Shivering with the chill of a cool breeze, he clicks his tongue softly to get the attention of his Absol and gestures for him to stand guard. They've worked together a long time and such nonverbal communications are their specialty.

Orion releases a second Pokemon, a bright green Zubat who emerges in silence. It lacks the eyes to see the ranger place a finger to his lips, but gathers the gesture through its echolocation and follows the point of Orion's finger.

"Scout," he whispers, softly.

On whispering wings, the bat departs, and Orion settles against the trunk of a nearby tree with sharp eyes scanning the shadows for threat. Sweat beads at the back of his neck. Something feels off.

notes:
should we mod request or invent the danger?

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b] color: #9e76b1; [/newclass]
[newclass=.orion i] color: #9e76b1; font-style: italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,238 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2020 3:56:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
rillaboom

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - overgrow[break]
drum beating / wood hammer / boomburst / knock off / double hit

THE BEAST BEATS ITS CHEST. a shrill screech resonates throughout the forest. a rillaboom charges at them, drool slobbering from its parted maws and it runs at you two on all fours. on its back, the tree stump it uses as a drum begins to grow terrifying, grasping roots.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
Hold on don't look back, you know we're better, better than that
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 9:25:36 GMT
evan fader Avatar

The whimsicott makes it to the knot in the tree, finding the pair of little budew huddling against the wood of the tree. Neither seems willing to budge and Evan can tell by the look on his pokemon's face that he won't be getting anywhere anytime soon. His liligant would be much better suited but he doesn't have time to decide how.

His eyes snap in the direction of the screech, the thumping on the forest floor matches the rise in his heartbeat and Evan moves without needing to think. The beast rampaging towards them barrels though the growth and trees at an alarming rate. "Suzy, dance girl." he looks up into the tree, calling to his pokemon above them. "Bumble, cotton spore." the whimsicott has already begun, knowing the moment the rampaging sound rang out that the only thing he could do was fill the hiding spot in the tree with as many of the fluffy spores as he could to keep them safe. "Meg, circle round and pin it."

The dancing steps and growing flurry of petals serves to distract and repposition her, the lilligant seeking to take attention off the tree with their quarry in it. The flurry of petals is relentless, a hopeful distraction to allow the other pokemon time to make their moves.

The mimikyu scurries into the underbrush, out of sight out of might. Quiet as she moves around the path of the beast looking for an opening to intercept it. She knows her place in this tactic well: Should the opening come her sneaking shadow will reach out in a pair of hands to grab for the beast feet and attempt to pull it back.

Evan trusts that the other will play the part he needs him to without needing to ask. The rangers rarely fail him when he's worked with them in the past, and Orion certainly hasn't yet.

>>i guess i got us what I asked for oops

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2020 18:14:17 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Zubat's screech comes half-drowned by the larger, louder creature. Chaos dawns as Orion and his Pokemon react as one. Absol leaps between his trainer and the charging creature, detecting where the grasping roots of drum beating will emerge and slashing at them with his claws to keep them away from the trainers. Zubat dives toward the charging creature with an air slash.

And Orion throws a pokeball, from which his Chandelure emerges.

"We need your fire, buddy!"

Phantom's wail resonates through the forest, a haunting sound to send chills down the spine. His appendages flicker with light and blazing heat, and he sends a will-o-wisp toward their foe.

Orion cringes at the shrill shriek of pain, the boomburst seeming to affect Orion's Zubat worst of all.

Phantom is completely undeterred, however, and another wail hexes the Rillaboom and hopefully provides the opening that Evan's Mimikyu will need to halt the beast's approach entirely.

notes:
he big boy. we can wrap up within a couple posts to make sure we turn it in by the lucky letter deadline!

mission

[newclass=.orion] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 9:24:45 GMT
evan fader Avatar

The opportunity arises, given by Orion's pokemon and ghostly hands reach from the depths of the under brush and grasp at the pokemon's ankles and yank. The thunderous thud as the pokemon is yanked to the ground is single enough for the next step while the pokemon is writhing and screeching, the resounding boombursts seeking to find the pokemon responsible in the vegetation.

"Sleep powder, leaf storm." Suzy knows without needing to be told, the sparkling powder bursts from the flower on her head into the air above her, falling in a slow daze as the leaves of her next attack manifest around her. Needle sharp with the slightest hint of a curve they soar through the powder picking it up and caking it onto the leaves as the soar through the air to their foe.

Meg holds tights, her rag disguise rattling at the first of the sound waves to be sent in her direction, keeping her safe as the frantic attacks bounce around her and giving her time to hold on while the sleep powder is brought to the rillaboom.

The disguise breaks and she screeches back at the beast for daring to do such a thing, as it begins to feel the effects of needle sharp leaves and powder in its fur and sinking into its skin.

Evan watches the scene for a moment, not willing to bank on it not making one last ditch attempt at attacking them again.

>>agreed

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 2:49:24 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

As the barrage of boombursts rip through the forest, Orion scrunches his nose and covers his ears to ward off the horrific sounds.

Phantom seems entirely unaffected, and Katas detects the oncoming assault in time to leap clear, but Alkos' sensitive ears take the full brunt of the attack. The bat drops out of the air, and Orion rushes to his side.

The ground shakes as the massive creature collapses, brought down by its exhaustion.

Orion's heartbeat is loud in the relative silence that follows, and he administers basic aid to his Zubat before returning the unconscious Pokemon to its ball. He'll head to a Center as soon as they're out of here — soon hopefully being the key word.

"The tree," he says, pocketing Alkos' ball. "Did your Pokemon find anything?"

notes:
~

mission

close tab

played by

endless

the stray
male/any
thirty three
xxx, orre
bisexual
bar owner/keep
Senior ranger
Laurence Anderson
Dating
131 height
131 height
awards
419 posts
evan fader DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @evan
evan fader
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 10:31:32 GMT
evan fader Avatar

The silence that settles over the forest is deafening in its own right. Evan and his pokemon are still in a state of high alert and every little thing is enough to snap their attention away, as if it might be another attacker. That was something all together new compared to what he'd encountered in the forest previously and even with it fallen he can't help but succumb to the adrenaline rush.

"Bumble." He snaps to attention when Orion speaks, eyes looking upwards to the cotton ball lamb for some sort of confirmation of what he's found and as the pokemon waddles out onto the branch a pair of budew follow him, coated in cotton. It's the laugh Evan needs to mellow his breathing.

"Definite yes, we'll get them down and back to town, take care of your pokemon."

He calls for meg to return tot he tree, her shadow being something they could use to catch the pokemon already cushioned by the clinging cotton from his other pokemon. It won't be long before they have them on the ground with a little coaxing and reassurance.

>>feel free steer towards a wrap up

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 0:49:32 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

[attr="class","orion"]

Evan's laughter upon seeing the Budew toddle along the branch is contagious. Orion's answering chuckle is the wild sound of a man coming down from an adrenaline spike.

"Ah, thank Arceus."

The ranger in him won't allow his leaving without checking on the wild Pokemon, and Orion approaches the dozing Rillaboom with great care. It's still burned from his Chandelure's fire; Orion leaves a couple of Rawst berries nearby for when it wakes, a silent apology for the assault. After ensuring that its breathing and heart rate seem acceptable — not familiar enough with the Galarian primate to know what's normal — he gets to his feet and gives Evan a grateful nod.

"The rangers are lucky to have you in our reserves. Couldn't have had a better mission partner. Let's head home."

notes:
this can be the final post if need be!

mission

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,238 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
pestilence [m]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 4:31:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké and 5 infamy, 3 lucky letters, 1x healing move.
[break]