ties that bind [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:27:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As the car roars to life and she plugs in her rotom phone to get the directions to the restaurant, Andi glances over partially to nod at Florian's question. "Ah, yes. I am. I just moved here, I got a freelance article writing gig at Hoenn News Network, but I also work for a smaller newspaper local to Lilycove."

She turns a corner and stops at a red light, before looking over to him with a smile. "And Kalos? I've never been. Is it nice there?" Andi returns the small-talk, because she feels it would be rude to just turn on music and ignore her passenger, given the circumstances.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:44:09 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]I SMILE BEFORE I WANT TO, I SMILE BECAUSE YOU WANT TO
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
if i ever give u a wall of text, i forgot the break tags .-.[break]

"You're a journalist!" It made a little more sense, now, the way she'd approached him as if she'd been about to demand an interview. Force of habit? "That must be quite the position, with all the chaos going on in the region!" [break][break]

It had been quite the culture shock to move from Kalos into the midst of the political crisis going on in Hoenn. The region's commissioner was on the run and her face was all over the news. [break][break]

"Kalos is lovely," he sighs, wistful. "Laverre is especially beautiful in the autumn, when the leaves turn colour on the trees. A beautiful region... but Hoenn is beautiful, too. Especially Verdanturf, if I do say so myself!" He chuckles. "That's where I live. You mentioned Lilycove; is that where you're staying, now?"

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#57b6ce;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 23:52:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Andi rubs at her cheek for a moment, before pressing on the gas when the light turns green again. "Yeah. Well... an intern, really. I'm too young to be a fully fledged journalist. But I'm trying." She wrinkles her nose and then nods at his explanation.

"That does sound... Nice." She mentions, before licking her lips. "Ah, yes. I'm staying in Lilycove. It's nice. I like the town, it's quite lovely. Especially when it snows. Although I'm also excited to see what it looks like in the summer."

Andi pulls into the parking lot of the restaurant and blinks slowly. "Wow, the cities here are a lot smaller than back home." She laughs dryly.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 0:05:09 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

"I am sure you'll get there!"[break][break]

Perhaps it might seem that he's being facetious, but Florian had a lot of faith in people. Even if they'd only just met, he believed in her.[break][break]

"A friend tells me that such snows are rare in Hoenn," he provides, speaking of . "I have never liked the cold, but the snow is pretty to look at. Do you get a lot of snow in Galar?" He laughs a little at her off-hand comment on the city. "Yes, compared to Lumiose, Slateport seemed small, at first. But it's a very beautiful city, with its harbors and the beachfront."[break][break]

He gets out of the car, quietly relieved, and eyes the restaurant front with interest. He's never been here, before, but the smell upon opening the door is heavenly.[break][break]

Holding the door open for Chandler, he remarks, "Ah, it smells of home."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#57b6ce;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 23:28:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"We have one spot, where it snows year-round. It's got a beautiful hot bath in the middle of the city, and it's just..." Chandler sighs softly, closing her eyes as she thinks about home. "Oh, does it?" She takes a big sniff of the restaurant as they step inside, her nose wrinkling at all the spices and smells mingling in the air.

"Oh, it's very aromatic." She laughs gently and lets the host bring them to the table she's reserved, before taking her seat and sighing softly. "So, uhm..." She clasps her hands together over the menu, looking at it. "What do you recommend?" She blinks, staring at the menu.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2020 1:29:05 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

He giggles a little at her reaction to the strong smells. It reminds him of when he'd first stepped foot into Slateport: the air reeked of fish Pokemon, and it had taken some getting used to.[break][break]

"That depends," he realises, upon glancing at the menu. He looks up with a tilt of his head. "Are you vegan or vegetarian, by chance?"
[break][break]
He didn't want to offend by suggesting something she wouldn't like.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2020 18:37:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

When he asks if she's vegan or vegetarian, Chandler shakes her head. "I eat pretty much everything. I'm allergic to coconut, though." She smiles softly and glances through the menu. "So, coconut curry is off the menu." She laughs dryly and takes a sip of the water that the host had poured for each of them before leaving.

"Honestly, though, I've been trying to eat less red meat, so maybe something lighter?" She taps her cheek thoughtfully as she flips over the menu. That's how she knew this place was pretty authentic - their menu was short, seasonal, and featured fresh ingredients. "Maybe some seafood?"

She runs her finger along the lines of the seafood section, clicking her tongue as she skims it.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2020 21:50:30 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

Florian thanks the host as two glasses of water are set between them, smiling at them before they depart.[break][break]

Turning his attention back to the menu, he's more comfortably making suggestions now that he knows that coconut is the only thing that's for-sure off limits. It's been a while since he's had coconut curry himself... his stomach growls at the thought, and he laughs, sheepish.[break][break]

"Ah, well, it looks like they have a lot of the classics. Magikarp, Goldeen..."[break][break]

Such Pokemon were found in Kalosian waters, but he knew that they were not unique to the region by any means.[break][break]

"Have you ever had Clauncher meat?" he asks. "It's very popular in Kalos! I've heard that it's sometimes found on menus in Alola and Hoenn, but it's practically a staple back home."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:31:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Oh, no! I haven't had any of this, actually... Mostly just Tauros steak, and slowpoke tail, to be honest..." Chandler looks over the menu once more, before nodding slowly. "I think I'll try to clauncher, then. It says it comes with a garlic butter dipping sauce, so that should be quite nice..."

She places her menu to the side and smiles, waiting for the server to come back and take their order. Once it was put into the kitchen, Chandler glances over to Florian and takes a deep breath. "So... You're... Quite successful. Lots of people came to your lecture today." She nods a bit and licks her lips, taking a sip of her water. "It was sort of nice to see..."

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 10:32:29 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

"I have never had Tauros steak," Florian muses as he continues to browse the menu. "I am not much for red meat, though. I prefer seafood."[break][break]

He, too, orders the Clauncher: it's been a while since he's dined at a fancy restaurant, and even longer since he'd tasted such a classic Kalosian dish.[break][break]

Conversation turns once again to more personal matters, but Florian's smile suggests his ease with the subject. He blushes under the compliment, ducking his head. "Ah, I am sure they were not all there for me! There is a lot of excitement surrounding Galar and all the new species; many Hoennian trainers are just eager to learn more. I am — not usually in the public eye, actually." Stage fright kept him from accepting a lot of similar opportunities: he saved up his confidence for things that were important to him, like this had been. "I'm a field researcher for the most part!"[break][break]

Perhaps she already knew? How much had she learned about him through her research? To ask seems too blunt, so he holds off.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 3:52:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chandler smiles brightly and licks her lips. "Tauros is lovely. My mum used to buy it special for me whenever I did well in school, since it has to be shipped in from the farmers." She hums and taps her fingers on her thighs nervously.

"Ah, I heard you say during the lecture, actually. Is it fun?" She smiles brightly and folds her hands in her lap, taking a deep breath. "I became a reporter because I like to be out in the field, but lately all I do is go and get..." Chandler takes a deep breath and sighs. "Coffee for over-privileged middle aged men." Her eyes roll back in her head.

Because it sucks.

She wants more.

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 6:28:01 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]

He'd mentioned his profession and background during his introductory segment... which meant that Chandler had been there for most, if not all of the lecture. He's self-conscious, but flattered in the same breath. She could have ignored it all in favour of just cutting to the point, but she'd actually listened.[break][break]

"It's very fun!" he says, enthusiastic, and then tempers it a little with, "Well, I think so, at least! It can be hard work, and the pay's... not the greatest, certainly not comparable to a lab position, but I don't mind that so much!"[break][break]

Chandler, on the other hand, seems less than pleased with her job. Florian's expression pinches with sympathy; that didn't sound like the job description of a journalist. That sounded like being a lackey.[break][break]

"Have you cast a line out for better positions?" he wonders, curious. "HNN, maybe? You said you worked freelance with them sometimes, do they hire journalists? I am not very familiar with the process, but I know they are popular here."[break][break]

They seemed to be the main news network, if he were to judge by how much he'd seen of them.
[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 4:21:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

His advice, while unprompted, makes Chandler smile softly and fold her fingers under her chin to lean forwards onto. She tilts her head and thinks for a moment. "They have my resume, and they've contacted me about a few freelance things, but I'll try harder to ensure a permanent position, even if it's as a lame columnist, or something. At least it's a Byline." She giggles and blinks, thinking back to what he's said about his own position.

"How come you don't take a lab job, if you want more pay? Or is it just something you're not interested in?" Chandler watches him carefully, before leaning back. "You'd also make an excellent professor, your teaching methods are pretty good, and they get paid out the arse for what they do."

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 12:54:35 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]
[break]
@bean6 [break][break]
[break]
'arse' reminded me of my very scottish mother, made me smile, i appreciate[break]

"A columnist sounds better than corporate servitude, at least!"[break][break]

Florian can't imagine how affronted he'd have been if he'd taken a job as a professor's aide only to be treated like an over-qualified secretary. Thankfully, the professor he'd worked for before striking out on his own had been very kind.[break][break]

"Lab work is so boring," he stresses, when Chandler inquires. "It is so much paperwork and studying! It reminds me too much of being in school. Field work is like being on vacation and getting paid for it!"[break][break]

Sure, he didn't get paid much, but it was at least enough to live off. He giggles at the curse, how delightfully Galarian she'd sounded when she'd said it.
[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
ties that bind [c]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 16:42:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chandler smiles softly and shrugs her shoulders, folding her fingers together and unfolding them, over and over. "Yeah... We'll see. I really want to give the people what they deserve." Chandler sighs softly. "I want to tell the truth." She's seen what lies can do to a person - and she's not about it.

She's not after fame or attention, or doing anything to chase down things that people will like in order to make them happy. She's not willing to hurt and demolish people's feelings. Chandler just wants the truth. It wasn't hard to tell people the truth. And it was much better than hearing something and then finding out something completely different.

Chandler frees herself from the intrusive thoughts of betrayal and trust, and smiles at Florian as he continues, tilting her own head. "Oh, I would imagine it's great fun. I love the idea of that - working hands-on with something."