NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
deplorable [c]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2018 10:04:36 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

in truth, she wasn't bad at spying: she simply chose the wrong person to spy on. his reputation as rocket beast tells the tale of someone who's fierce and capable; one doesn't get assigned this reputation out of good will. one has to earn it, and he certainly has. it's not hard to notice someone who's trying to achieve what he's already earned.

her answers are without substance. they're pretty at surface level, like her, and for a moment he wonders if she shares the same connection. 

"i think you found it." 

a charming smile envelops his features as he reaches for her glass, shifting it closer to her. "you said one drink and this is your second. no point stopping now, is there?" 

he takes his shot.

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deplorable [c]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2018 9:05:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the buzz is jolting itself through the wall. it takes shape of a charming figure and a pair of lucid drinks. her fingers tease the cool surface, but she keeps her view bound to the flat rest of the bar. in—spite of every innocent advance, min is tenacious on that matter.

"why exactly do you drink?" the question is harmless in her soothing voice. every tool taps against the glass before continuing. "do you do it to forget?" —forget what —she ponders on that before considering nikolai. looking to grasp the notion that wavered through his handsome features. it has her frowning in thought.

"i'm not much of a drinker— honestly." all of a sudden the alcohol is a demise of her desires. a remedy to soothe her fears fades like sand in the palm of her hands. "it makes the nightmares worse than they already are." an inward torment. although she speaks aloud, slow and calmly, there is an obscured meaning.

min hopes he'll keep drinking.
fragments such as these— are better left forgotten.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
deplorable [c]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2018 10:31:17 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

she asks a question he isn't willing to answer, but he's not one to spoil the fun, especially not when he's however many drinks in. he stops, paces himself carefully even though it might have been too late, and slides the glass away from him. the bartender is quick to refill.

"yes. it doesn't help." 

he's truthful and that's more than she could ask for. he leans in closer when she speaks. "what can i do to help?" he asks, leaning an arm against the counter as his eyes roam.

"to help with your nightmares."

@min
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
deplorable [c]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2018 8:19:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

there is a warmth that advises her that the distance has carved itself, dwindling with every fragment till the frown is much weaker. she feels herself smiling— a wistful expression which is the brilliance of her still watching eyes.

"what about you?" she redirects the question with one of her own. it allows her to bypass any potential lies. when she isn't willing to confess what is truly felt, she leaves it a secrecy for him to solve. there isn't much that can help her after all. "are you okay... doing this till the day you die?" she takes a glance towards the drinks.

there is no charade in her words. min understands the feeling well— as such it allows her to express a more humane side. past the usual bound of a quiet and detached girl. she inquires about the beast at the back of her mind. wishing those back at "home" were just a bit more specific. "i'm fine..." facing towards the bar once more, her chin rests in center of her open hand.

"are you?" she seems just vaguely curious.

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
deplorable [c]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 8:05:15 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

FINE

dusk approaches as they make their way back from the mountains. for tonight, they've made a small cabin situated on the outskirts of a forest their home. a fire burns inside, aided by the constant flames on the end of charizard's tail. only nikolai is sat by the fire, warming his hands as he watches the burning wood flicker. a look of defeat taints his features.

'you'll get better. today was good.'

he doubts it: not his words, but doubts himself. he shakes his head. 

'tell me what you're feeling.'

a pause.

"like shit—" 

'language.'

"sorry. it's just…when you were my age you already had all eight badges. i know i'm in at four; i know, but i'm nowhere near as strong as you were. i can't even reach the top of the fucking mountain." 

no warnings need to be given this time. he's quick to correct himself. "language. sorry, pa." 

he feels a cold tap on his arm. he turns to see an offered bottle of beer; he takes it but there's hesitation in his movements.

'it's fine. it'll help. come, have a drink with me.'

they sit by the couch and he waits to have his drink. it's unopened but he doesn't raise it to his lips yet.

'we all move at our own pace. there's no reason for you to rush like i did; i didn't have anything or anyone then, so battling was all i had. but you're different: you have so much support. you have us, your family.'

he smiles as he raises his bottle to toast. it's his first ever drink and it's with the person he respects the most. he can't ask for anything else.

'you'll always have us.'

---

"no." 

he answers both her questions with one response. "but i don't have much of a choice." he downs whatever's left and looks at her. "i'm alone, so."

he slides off his seat and pulls out however amount of money to place on the counter. "enjoy your stay, darling. please don't get into trouble." 

@min