orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 0:10:31 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

The newest member of the council remains silent for a great deal of the back-and-forth between more seasoned members, dark eyes darting between each of them as they made their points. In spite of his best attempts to remain civil, however, he clenches his jaw at Olivia's continued coldness toward Lars. Though he makes no comment, he does cast a sympathetic glance toward the Head Ranger — and finds appreciation with Fernando's chastisement of Olivia's attitude.[break][break]

Of course, the bickering doesn't stop there.[break][break]

He thinks that Olivia's solution to the issue of funding is a fair one, and one that'll spare budget cuts, but is surprised when Fernando counters with a firm refusal. He's the head of logistics, and Orion assumes the man knows what he's talking about, thus keeping his own opinions to himself for the time being. He doesn't want to look foolish in front of the others and end up discrediting himself in their eyes.[break][break]

It's not until Olivia shows footage of a seemingly mutated Galarian specimen that he speaks up.[break][break]

"I've battled something like that myself," he says, when she pauses for breath. "I assume you're all familiar with the troubles Oldale had with dragon sightings during the new year? There was a Duraludon of rather unusual size rampaging about the town when I investigated one such report. I, unfortunately, did not capture it, but as far as I know, it's in the possession of . If we wish to learn more of the phenomenon, I wouldn't be opposed to reaching out to him on the Council's behalf."[break][break]

The conversation continues, and Orion once again falls quiet. Fernando and Kim voice many of his own sentiments, albeit with less censoring and careful wording than Orion might've used. It's not until Olivia freaks out about inequality that he loses some of his carefully built-up patience. Thankfully, the two other councilmen are quicker on the draw and he's content to nod along with their arguments.[break][break]

He adds, "If you're concerned about equality, Olivia, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to jump down Anderson's throat when he voices his opinions."[break][break]

They're interrupted by a phone call, and Orion takes a breather to recollect himself. He doesn't want to fight anyone. Arceus. He just wants to sort things out for Hoenn's sake. So when Kim hangs up and Fernando mentions a pressing issue, he turns his attention to Silph, quietly intrigued.[break][break]

Would it be about Rocket, perhaps? Olivia's mention — and Dahlia's quick dismissal — of them has not left his mind.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
597 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 3:36:47 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar

at kim's whispering, dahlia silently shakes her head, the movement directed by her mouse-like nose or some bewitched wrinkling. "no."

she wonders where the well of social issues has sprung. it was more a geyser, perhaps, erupting suddenly from what seems to be lars' insecurities. although, she sees orion's chastising of olivia making sense too.

for awhile, the commissioner stays silent. her hand idly scratches the head of her stoutland while heat waves are thrown back and forth across the table. it is not because she is tired of everyone's personalities; she just finds it difficult to concentrate.

pulling her hand back to clasp it, dahlia casts cold water. "for now, let's be patient with the development of such an initiative. i understand the issues of surveilance... and yet, we do need to provide some concrete response to 's actions and to assure the public."

she frowns, struggling to keep track. fingers run across her forehead, nails like distracting flags to keep the attention away from creased lines. 

"for now, let's keep it the monitoring informal. olivia? we'll talk about this further. now, fernando, was this the pressing issue or is there something else on your mind?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 19:50:36 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

olivia listened to them each in turn and it would turn out cole is more than a pretty face. "no." she replied flatly to , "the entire point of the initiative is to keep league officials out of the way, including the council." it took all her willpower not to reach for her neck. "especially the council. this is not a political tool to be used by anyone within the league: it is a preemptive act of defense to keep hoenn safe."

fernando doesn't add much to the conversation besides insulting her intelligence and disregarding her funding. she could find more, 'appropriate' donors if that was what it would take to get to quiet down a bit. orion finally speaks up, confirming the data olivia had already presented about the mutated pokemon. yet, at fernando's comment on a pressing issue...

dahlia chimes in. she agrees with olivia, thank the gods, but is hesitant given fernando and kim's own reluctance. that's what olivia assumes at least. she looked between those present: lars first, silent at last, then to orion whose own opinion is shrouded in mystery, and then kim who didn't completely oppose her and was willing to compromise. that left fernando and dahlia. olivia's ocean eyes flickered between the two of them and she finally said with a sigh, "well, councilman? spit it out so we may continue." she wasn't sure the issue may be: ? ? maybe even ?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the queen's council [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 1:29:11 GMT
shiv Avatar

conclusion:

eventually replies with something of note. afterward, the meeting is eventually adjourned and a statement to the public is eventually made. the statement consists of a promise to rebuild slateport's night market alongside a large allocation of resources for the support and care of victims. furthermore, the statement also explains that has vacated from his seat as gym leader— nothing else.[break]

afterward, approaches , inquiring further about her ideas for her "A.Q.U.A. INITIATIVE."[break][break]

rewards: 25 pokedollars & 2 infamy.[break]