played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 10:10:43 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging: @ken

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/31im16wmt1/Hack_Your_Way_CrossCode_Original_Game_Soundtrack_192_kbps_.mp3[/player]
Annie could be heard long before she was seen. When half a sentence first reached the gym leader’s ears, it would be clear that she’d been ranting for some time.

“-for some new-name gym leader to show up out of nowhere and take Annie Mei’s specialty for themselves! Seriously, who else around here does ‘Whatever the weather’ teams? Nobody! Except me! That was my one thing, besides being young, talented and cute as hell!”

At least he knew that she was coming. had taught her to book appointments for gym battles, but a prior visit had apparently done nothing to quell her emotions.

“So I was thinking, ‘who the heck does this guy think he is? Besides a gym leader, I guess!’ And I knew that I had to come alllll the way up this mountain myself. Who’s trying to muscle in on the future champion’s turf?”

She stopped in the challenger’s position. It was a shame that she couldn’t afford better clothes, because the tracksuit didn’t help much with establishing her presence. What she lacked in attire, however, she more than made up for with the fire in her eyes, the cocky grin on her face, and the conviction in her heart.

“Let’s find out.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 16:36:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He silently sits formally on his knees in a seiza position across the challenger’s mark. His eyes remain closed and his cold, calm expression seems unperturbed by the girl’s childishly incessant chiding. Hearing her faint steps masked over by the sound of her voice come to a slow halt, his eyes open to stare back at the woman patiently waiting for her to stop talking.

His eyes narrow, brows scrunched as he carefully scrutinizes her appearance. ”You’re not cute at all.” he bluntly blurts out with an almost deadpan stare. He slowly stands, back slightly hunched over.

Seeing the woman’s eagerness to do battle, he lets out a low sigh and slowly approaches her. He holds an open palm out almost offering his hand to the girl. Even when he stands closer to her his apathetic and disinterested expression remains the same. ”Identification.” he utters lowly and almost robotically.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 19:16:01 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging: @ken

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/31im16wmt1/Hack_Your_Way_CrossCode_Original_Game_Soundtrack_192_kbps_.mp3[/player]
The man’s smile causes a smirk to burst into an all-out smile. “Really? Thank goodness! I’ve been trying to stop going for that now. Nobody’ll take a little cutie seriously as a fighter, right?” Either oblivious or uncaring of his demeanour, she meets his eyes with a pair brimming with energy, curiosity, excitement. “I was going more for a gentle assertion of dominance! But, you know, in the fun way! The ‘let’s make this a day to remember way’, and not the ‘you’re about to wake up without your stuff in a dark alley’ way. I’ve had a little too much of that last one.”

ID is requested, and ID is given. Hers seemed to be well-kept as far as trainer cards went, but it wasn’t because she took good care of it. “I just got this, so it better check out. Speaking of ID, I didn’t get your name. Mine’s Annie.” She tapped the name on her card. “Annie Mei, up-and-coming trainer extraordinaIre!”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 20:40:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The girl’s nonstop chatter reminds him of a certain , but unlike their encounter at the tree, his duty as a gym leader prevents him from ignoring her. His blue eyes seem distracted by the girl’s identification card. He briefly glances up at the girl then back to the card, scrutinizing her appearance as well as the authenticity of the card itself. Without saying much, he returns the card back to her, nodding in silence as he recalls the applicants he’s received thus far.

”Annie Mei… Rain Challenge.” he recounts quietly, mumbling to himself as he looks at the girl. He treks back to the Gym Leader’s position with two pokeballs in hand. With a simple toss, he releases a Pelipper and a Jolteon onto the battlefield. Upon release, the Pelipper’s ability causes rain to pour downwards onto the battlefield. ”My name’s Ken.”

”This battle shall be a 2 on 2. As the challenger, you have permission to make the first move.” His gaze towards the girl seems cold and uncaring.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 20:06:32 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"][player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/31im16wmt1/Hack_Your_Way_CrossCode_Original_Game_Soundtrack_192_kbps_.mp3[/player]
Annie nodded, several times in a row. “That’s me! Don’t worry, you won’t forget the name any time soon after this. I hope we both learn something from this, Ken!” His Pokemon came out. Their shared choice in Pokemon earned a mild chuckle out of Annie, and she sent out her duo to show him why. A surfing Raichu and a Ludicolo doing the Macarena made up her electric-water tag team. The two barely spoke beyond greeting their enemies, but neither of them seemed capable of sitting still…. Much like their trainer, who was stretching her arms behind them.

For the first time since she’d arrived, the girl was silent. It wouldn’t last, of course – she simply needed a few seconds to think. “Feels like bait, but just in case… Pancake, Thunder on the Pelipper! Rudi, land a Scald on the yellow spikeball!” A true rain master must have known to expect a move enhanced by the rain, which left Annie a little confused. Would the bolt from the heavens make its mark on the bird?

Rudi, fortunately, had a little less to worry about. A jet of boiling water fired from her mouth to meet the Jolteon. All while dancing, of course.

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 4:58:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Inazuma, Kishi!” he cries out to the Jolteon and Pelipper.

At the sound of his voice, the Jolteon nimbly dodges the torrent of burning water while the Pelipper quickly erects a barrier overhead, protecting itself from the rumbling thunder overhead. Utilizing its great speed, the electrified canine leaps onto the Pelipper’s back, its intent to utilize itself as the pelican’s very own lightning rod very apparent.

”Inazuma, thunder!” the gym leader commands. Electricity sparks off from its fur as it sends a massive bolt of electricity in the air. The gray clouds overhead darken to black as the clouds rumble with bolts of electricity. The massive spark of lightning summoned above then quickly comes crashing down – its aim directly onto the dancing Ludicolo.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 21:38:22 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"][player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/31im16wmt1/Hack_Your_Way_CrossCode_Original_Game_Soundtrack_192_kbps_.mp3[/player]
Protect. That was the second gym leader in a row that had started the battle with Annie’s favourite least favourite attack. “Why do the top dogs of Hoenn love using the worst thing to happen to competiti- You know what? Whatever. We’ve got this.” She wasn't about to let that move get abused again If there was one thing she’d learned from too many infuriating encounters with the move, it was that it offered a brief window of opportunity after each use.

“Rudi?” The Ludicolo’s dance had been stiffened by the blast, but it seemed to insist on showing its moves regardless. That was enough to tell Annie that she had fight left in her, to say nothing of what she could steal. “Get in there with a Knock Off!” For such a shaggy, bulky blob of a Pokemon, the dancer didn’t give the aura of a speedster… Mostly because it wasn’t. When it abandoned the rhythm to charge at the enemy, it became clear that it wasn’t quite a slowpoke either. Could it match a Jolteon? Almost definitely not. But a Pelipper weighed down by a Jolteon? They’d find out. If she managed to cross the distance in time, she’d leap up and smack the Lightning Pokemon with a glowing palm – and maybe even throw him off his steed…

Making the opening his partner needed. “Who says lightning doesn’t strike twice? Pancake, one more time!” The clouds above cackled and roared, giving but a brief warning before the third beam of the match was unleashed. Would it be the first of Annie’s that met its mark, the Pelipper?

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 21:58:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His eyes narrow at the sight of Annie's Ludicolo rushing its large body towards the Pelipper. "Kishi, Hurricane!" he commands, but the Pelipper's movement is too slow and the Jolteon is knocked straight off of its back.

The clouds above rumble again with electricity and the winds around them pick up a terrible pace as the gales quickly lash out around the pelican, striking everyone else around him. As the gales converge onto the Ludicolo, Jolteon, and Raichu, the powerful lightning comes crashing down from above, smiting the poor bird with the wrath of Thor himself. Kishi plummets to the ground, its wing twitching from the attack, but just as the girl was able to take full advantage of the rain, so too did he.

The sharp and powerful winds cut through blasting away the other three remaining pokemon. As the winds steal away the Jolteon through their powerful gusts, electricity sparks around him as it tries to aim at the Ludicolo. Electricity is sent to the skies above again as another bolt of lightning comes crashing down onto the Raichu, the powerful Thunder striking true.

tldr; Pelipper has fainted! It was super effective!
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 23:49:00 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
It was a plan well-executed, but at what cost? Annie hadn’t counted on the gym leader using friendly fire – an assumption that would cost her dearly. The Hurricane was a heavy blow under any circumstance. Combined with the Thunder moments before, it was a knockout blow. “…Huh.” What should have been a victory cheer from the trainer was diminished to mild surprise… And then amusement.

“Alright, alright, you’re taking me seriously! Sorry you had to take that, Rudi, but you did great!” The dancer lay splayed out against the ground, barely able to groan in response before she was returned to her ball. That left the Raichu, blown aside by the Hurricane, and then rocked by a mighty bolt. She’d managed to stay atop her tail through it all, the sheer power of the attacks balanced by her resistance to them, but they’d managed to wipe the smile off her face. Annie’s had only grown.

“Think you can catch a wave up here?” A daring “Chu” and a pair of raised stubs heralded water rising from beneath the plateau, curling and growing into a tidal wave as it rushed to embrace the mouse. Not that that worried her. A psychically-charged jump propelled her atop the wave, her tail acting as her surfboard as she spun to face the Jolteon. Under her command, the water’s wrath crashed down on the enemy, the mouse coming to hover inches off the ground a few feet behind her target. "Gotta make the most of good weather while it lasts."

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 23:59:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Jolteon slams into the ground after being sucked into the air by the Hurricane's rough gales. It smashes back onto the ground, struggling to get up as the rain seemingly stops. Realizing what's happening, he's quick to recall his Pelipper, sucking it away through the pokeball's red beam.

Wincing in pain and struggling to get up, the Jolteon is somewhat stunned by the lack of rain. As it looks up, it sees exactly why as all of the water has been pulled away by the electric rat. It's a moment of reprieve before the storm, but that short break is only instantaneous as a large tidal wave surges forward, crashing down and sweeping away the entire battlefield. There's no room to escape.

As the tide splashes against the gym leader's feet, he looks to the side to see Inazuma unconscious besides him. He lets out a low sigh and kneels down beside it, petting before sending it back into its pokeball. "You both did well." he says quietly to himself.

tldr; Inazuma has fainted! Congratulations, you've won the battle!
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 7:48:58 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
The canine was down, and it took Annie a few seconds to realise he wouldn’t be getting up. Her lips widened into an all-out grin. “Wow, we nailed it! Not a bad match, if I must say so myself.” Pancake swivelled around on her board, zipping past the gym leader and his fallen friend, into Annie’s open arms. “Oh, you’re all wet but I don’t care! You did really well with that Thu- Ow!” The Raichu had nuzzled her face, forgetting for the third time that week that her cheeks were also lightning sacs. Annie reared her head back, giving her partner a stern stare. It wouldn’t last. “Don’t embarrass me in front of the gym leader, alright?” Even as she spoke, her face gave way to the smile’s return.

“We’ll talk later. Pancakes for dinner.” The mouse squealed and flipped in the air as Annie set off, walking across a drenched battlefield to meet Ken. “Having one Pokemon carry another is a really cool way to have them cover each other’s weaknesses! I wish I’d thought of that. Maybe I’ll have to next time. That’s the fun of finding another weather trainer – you see all kinds of new ideas!” She offered a handshake to the man.

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 8:03:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The gym leader isn’t sure what to feel at this moment. Should he feel frustrated or sad? Should he feel happy that someone managed to learn from his Pokemons’ actions? He’s left staring at the girl’s hand. From her tone of voice and the excitement glimmering in her eyes, he can tell she’s expectant. Lingering in silence, he shakes it with an apathetic and disinterested expression.

”Here.” he says blandly, spreading one side of his hakama to unhook the nimbus badge from within. He pulls her palm and sets it on top.

His robotic expression breaks with a gentle smile as he can see the bond that she has with her Raichu. ”This is the Nimbus Badge. Congratulations.” Although he’s genuinely happy for the girl, it’s not emphasized in his tone, leaving an awkward contrast to his smiling face. ”Finding ways for your pokemon to compliment each other is the basis of any team. It’s the same for weather. Hopefully you’ll be able to truly specialize in it.”
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 8:36:01 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
Her frozen face is no less awkward as she’s awarded the badge. After a few seconds of expectation, she let out a nervous chuckle. “I’m glad you’re so eager to give me the badge, but that was for a handshake, dummy.” The badge is unceremoniously shoved into her tracksuit’s pocket, and the hand is offered again, giving him one more chance to get it right.

“Don’t look so down! Or maybe that’s just how your face is. I don’t think you’ve cracked a smile once since I got here… Anyway, you did good; I just did better. And that should linger over you, fellow weatherman! Next time, I expect you to beat me, and then I can come back and beat you again! We’ll make each other better.”

With all the positivity out of the way, she cleared her throat, placed her hands on her hips, and announced: “Now, it’s Annie Mei tradition to take something extra from every defeated gym leader! I accept advice, cash, an autograph, your favourite training spot, a charitable donation to me in my name, or a cloak. You have a cool cloak. It’d make a good blanket, so I’m mainly hoping for that.”

[attr="class","tag"]@ken

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 8:45:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His brows scrunch together upon hearing the girl's off centered remark and seeing her offer out her hand for him to shake again. He slowly raises his hand up to the chest, staring at it incredulously. Hadn't he just shook her hand earlier? He has so many questions, but having witnessed the girl's stubborn attitude, he has no energy to argue and shakes it again. This time though, he continues to hold her hand for an awkward, extended period of time, continuing the shake without any sign of stopping.

Even after her rambles, he says nothing - choosing to wallow in his silence as the awkward handshake continues. He only stares at her with a blank expression, almost as if he's tuned out everything she had to say. After all, the gym badge is the only thing he intended to give her and having done so, he has nothing else left to give. He wouldn't ever recommend his training method as it's rather dangerous and brings him back to darker times in his life. Instead the only thing he gives her is the extended handshake.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
weathering with you
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 15:51:28 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]
Finally, a proper handshake without pretences. Annie’s smile grew as he gave in… And kept frowning as he held it for much longer than she considered comfortable. The grin slowly shrank as she realised that he had no intention of giving her an answer. The silence was like an especially sour Skittle to her, if her puckered lips were anything to go by. Even Pancake questioned the scene from across the field, calling to the two to make sure they were still with her.

It fell to Annie to overcome the mightiest challenge yet, after a painful half-minute of endurance. “I understand. ‘Sometimes, silence says a thousand words.’ Powerful advice, Mister Guy. I’ll do my best to keep it in mind,” she declared, already knowing that was far from the truth. “I’ll take your words of wisdom and be on my way!” She freed herself from his grip. There was a spring in her step as she returned to her Raichu’s side – partly because of her victory, but mostly because she was glad to be out of the eternal handshake. “Come on, Pancake! We’ve gotta take a trip to the supermarket! We’ll buy some batter, some oil… Ooo, you should find some berries for us! And we’ll need syrup. I think I have the money for that, and if not, we deserve it anyway!” Ken wouldn’t hear an end to her words, so much as they slowly faded into nothing as she left the way she came.

[attr="class","tag"]@ken