lil bit of pixie dust [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 4:05:44 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]

"hi there. name's kazimir." this time kaz decided that being more forward was the best approach to enjoying the evening. he managed to get a few numbers already and he wasn't even sure of himself or of what he was doing before. maybe those other guys found it really endearing and cute. he could appreciate that, but he couldn't be a meek little wimpod forever. he needed to be a mighty pyroar now.
[break][break]
"so having fun or nah? its taken me a bit to kinda get used to this whole thing." small talk was probably king in this kind of event. so he might as well make the biggest small talk he could use.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ---

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 8:03:50 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","florian"]

Still beaming with the after-effects of his last encounter, Florian sits down at the table across a dark-haired young man. He's rather forward, introducing himself without the need for prompting, and the professor appreciates it. He'd just learned how quickly these things pass by, after all.[break][break]

"Allo! Florian Laurel. It is lovely to meet you, Kazimir!" Light laughter precedes his response to the question. "I am having a lot of fun, yes! Did you know the famous coordinator, Dawn Grandier, is here? We just had a lovely chat — but it is our time to shine now, no?"[break][break]

He's not going to waste this poor man's time by babbling about how starstruck he'd been! So instead, he returns with a question of his own. "What do you do for a living? I am a professor, though I do most of my work in the field."[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: this template is gorg

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]

[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]

[newclass=.florian b]font-weight:bold;color:#5c85d6;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]

[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 16:47:26 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

gosh that greeting was way too cute. plus the whole professor job with that face? ok so kazimir managed to find someone opposite of the last guy, this was starting to get a little fun. the comment about a famous coordinator sort of went over his head as contents were never on his radar in all of his travels. still he was asked a question and he might as well answer, this time he had an even better one to give. seriously this was good practice for getting used to small talk.
[break][break]
"pokemon trainer, but also sort of an amateur fighter. battle sort of runs in my family's blood so a lot of my time is spent making sure i'm in tip top shape." the urge to flex was real but with how he was dressed it wouldn't show anyway. besides a professor probably doesn't really care all too much for something like that. instead the opposite was true and kaz was a bit curious about what he could mean by doing field work. "so what do ya research teach, pokemon? can't imagine a lot of things take ya out of the lab."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
Pulling down backstreets deep in your head / slipping through dreamland like a tourist.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 17:39:17 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Ohh!" He leans forward with interest. Despite having little interest in battling himself, Florian was more than happy to learn about the experiences of others. "Have you taken the gym challenge?"[break][break]

He's a bit intimidated by said gyms after had informed him of Oldale's non-traditional challenge.[break][break]

"Fairies!" he replies happily, and Joli chirps at the familiar word. Or perhaps at his master's excitement. The Sylveon's ribbons tickle Florian's chin. "Most everything about them. Their habitats, hibernation patterns, diet... you get the idea." He chuckles sheepishly, not wanting to get into one of his tirades and waste their precious few minutes babbling about the particulars. "I like being outdoors, so I try to focus on the wild population and just take notes on my own Pokemon when I'm at home."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 18:20:31 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"ooooh fairies huh? they are some pretty cute little ones. got myself an alcremie and love that thing to bits. isn't really one for fighting though, no matter how hard i try to give it a boost in confidence." it probably would have been a better pokemon to bring with him than an incineroar, so far all its done is make goo goo eyes at other pokemon while kaz hasn't had that luxury yet.

"and to answer your earlier question yeah, i am taking the gym challenge. well i started anyway." reaching into his pocket he pulled out the badge belonging to and set it on the table. "got this in lavaridge, was pretty sure i was gonna fail my first gym with how tough they are. you uh...you wouldn't happen to know any fairies that might be good to have do ya? i love my alcremie and she's pretty good herself but i think i might need something different that can handle the challenge."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 18:32:54 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Florian's eyes widen at the mention of Alcremie. "Oh, they are such interesting Pokemon! How different they look from one another!" He had a Milcery that had yet to evolve. It practically lived in his kitchen, attracted to the pleasant aromas.[break][break]

Kazimir's Heat Badge glimmers in the soft lights of the hall and Florian admires it as he listens.[break][break]

"I find it is usually less about the species and more about the individual Pokemon," he says, tapping his chin with the thought. He dips his chin to his chest in order to indicate the Sylveon in his lap. "My Joli here loves to battle, but not all Sylveon I've known are cut out for it. If you do find a fairy-type that enjoys the sport, however — they tend to be great supportive battlers! Many of them are healers, as well." Giving further thought to the question, he does add, "I've never known a Mawile to back down from a battle. Their dual-typing also counters fairy's weakness to poison and steel, but it does add other drawbacks."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:40:34 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"well that makes sense. i just figured some kinds are more prone to fighting ya know?" rereading pokedex entries always pointed out ones that had long standing rivalries with another or those who would cause havoc because they couldn't keep their murder boners down. the poke professor did bring up a good point about fairy types; they were more support oriented than actual fighters. they could still hold their own sure but were better for being behind the front lines than on them.
[break][break]
the talk about mawile got his head thinking though. "yeah you get rid of one weakness and another shows ups to take its place. plus doesn't it like. eat things? or it tries to bite a lot of things. that's a problem in itself." the sound of a bell suddenly broke his train of thought and kaz looked up to see people moving about. "oh man, times up already? well thanks for the lesson teach. hey maybe next time we meet it'll be out in the wilds. i'll be sure to show you any new fairies i pick up in my travels alright?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

thorn

flower boy
he/him
twenty-nine
june 14th
laverre, kalos
homosexual
professor
sergeant
alexei ivanov
dating
0 height
0 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @florian
Florian Laurel
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 6:24:02 GMT
Florian Laurel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Florian nods along with the sentiment. Having recently immigrated to Hoenn, he'd learned of the troubles caused by Mareanie on the Corsola colonies, for example. Zangoose and Seviper also shared an infamous rivalry.[break][break]

His laugh is light as he thinks of his own two Mawile. "Yes, they do have a tendency to communicate with their teeth. They're devilish little creatures, as well!" He was doing his best to train his pair out of the habits of deception, but such deep-seated roots were hard to pull out.[break][break]

The bell rings, and he blinks, caught off-guard once more even though this is his second round.[break][break]

"I look forward to such a day!" Florian chirps pleasantly, wiggling his fingers in a little wave before moving off to find his next table.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay