home sweet home [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home sweet home [c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2018 10:24:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class,"memoryDarkpost"]
[attr="class,"memoryDarkheader"]
[attr="class,"memoryDarkcontainer"]
[attr="class,"memoryDarkinfo"]353

[attr="class,"memoryDarkinfo"]@alexander

[attr="class,"memoryDarkarrow"]

[attr="class,"memoryDarkbody"]It has been weeks since the mission. A good amount of time since the week of rigorous testing, of practically living in the League’s research facility until the debrief meeting and the fated day when she was granted reprieve from her duties. For her short vacation, she had decided on something simple: visiting home with a dear friend.[break][break]

Now she watches the sky rapidly toss itself heavenward; the clouds swirl and become smaller in her sight. It’s breathless to be here, to bathe in the sunlight and be free. She barely resists throwing her arms up and surrendering to the fall.[break][break]

”YAHOOOO!” She yells at the top of her lungs, hair whipping wildly with the resisting air as her dragon dove towards the earth. Her heart thrums lively in her chest, pumping adrenaline that muffles her thoughts like her own voice and the screeching gale. She feels amazing.[break][break]

They land in an unceremonious heap, decimating an innocent cart parked by the path leading to town. Cabbages fly everywhere—slow-motion, as though against a ballet tune. Then the Hydreigon lands on top of its fat belly and all three heads slump on the dirt road. [break][break]

“Whoa, shit,” Vera groans, pulling herself off from the dragon’s back and stumbling onto her feet beside it. She rubs her skull, debating if the crash had cost her any brain cells in exchange for her healthy everywhere else. She perhaps had Hugo’s blubber to thank. ”Fuck, uh, is everyone okay? Maybe taking Hugo’s flight for a test drive wasn’t such a good idea after all.”[break][break]

At the sound of its name, the dragon raises its three heads. Two of them seem to be fighting over munching a cabbage. The third that contains its brain seems to be waiting orders, up until it becomes impatient and starts inching towards the cabbage on the ground nearby it.[break][break]

Vera sighs and looks around. Verdanturf was a mere walk away now. She could see the quaint little town’s humble architecture outlined beyond the tallgrass prairie, nestled comfortably between the mountains. Familiar clean air replenishes her excitement and restlessness. “We should get going!”[break][break]
[attr="class,"memoryDarknotes"]
It’s almost like she isn’t mourning[break]

[attr="class,"memoryCred"]selkie

[newclass=.memoryDarkpost] width:325px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkpost:hover .memoryDarkinfo] margin-top:0px;transition:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkheader] width:325px;height:125px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/kYmbgL/325x125.png);overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkbody] text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;padding:25px;color:#aaa;background-color:#181818;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkbody b] color:#E96034;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkarrow] width:40px;height:40px;font-family:arial;position:relative;background-color:#181818;top:65px;margin:auto;left: 0;right: 0;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkcontainer] padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarkinfo] float:left;font-family:calibri;background-color:#eee;color:#333;padding:3px;font-size:10px;width:100px;top:88px;text-align:center;position:relative;transition:.5s;margin-top:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryDarknotes] margin-top:10px;border-top:1px solid #858394;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;padding-top:10px;color:#858394;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryCred]font:bold 7px roboto;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryCred a]font:bold 7px roboto!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
home sweet home [c]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 7:32:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","blue"]
[attr="class","purple"]
[attr="class","pink"]
[attr="class","game"]

[attr="class","gamelyrics"]Hang on to the good days
I can lean on my friends
They help me going through hard times
[attr="class","gamebody"]The sound of the wind in his ears is impossible to ignore. At his friend’s behest, they ascend, quickly, and it’s almost as if the sky itself is being torn open. Alex would not admit to having a fear of heights, per se, but the farther away they flew from the ground the tighter his grip on Vera’s Hydreigon became. As they land, and Alex is in the midst of getting off the dragon pokemon, one of the errant cabbages that had been sent into the air falls back down and smacks him in the face, causing him to lose balance and tumble ungracefully to the ground.

Opening his eyes is a more straining process than usual, but he does so soon enough to see a few linoones stealing some of the fallen cabbages, and to hear Vera’s question. ”Ugh.” Alex groggily begins, slow to stand ”Between a possible concussion on my end and whatever farmers market vendor we just fucked over? Yeah, I think we’re all good.”

The owner of the cabbage cart was too busy desperately trying to collect their produce in order to lecture the two. Alex would quietly lay down what he thought was enough poke to cover the damages into the cart, and proceed to walk with Vera into town.

---

”Home, sweet home.” Alex says, wistfully, as the pair finally reach their destination. Spreading his arms out, and inhaling the clean air deeply through his nose, he continues ”Smells like a long, overdue vacation, ay, V?”

Alex’s childhood home is only a short walk away from where they are, and while Alex had the luxury of being able to visit his parents without much in the way of personal baggage, both he and Vera knew the latter wasn’t in the same boat. He offers her a chance to hold off on that tough conversation for just little while longer.

”So, should we go see your folks and get the bad news out of the way? Or give my mother an excuse to put her baking skills to use and stuff our faces at my house first?”

[attr="class","gametag"]
[attr="class","pink"]
[attr="class","purple"]
[attr="class","blue"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.blue]width:400px;background-color:#8fb7cd;height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.purple]width:400px;background-color:#b45dd9;height:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pink]width:400px;background-color:#fd90aa;height:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]width:350px;background-color:#fcfcfc;padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gamelyrics]font-size:8px;font-family:verdana;color:#9fb2bb;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gamebody]font-size:10px;font-family:verdana;color:#777;line-height:15px;text-align:justify;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gamebody b]color:#9fb2bb;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gametag]opacity:0.8;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]