second shots at shady sh-- [m/open]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
second shots at shady sh-- [m/open]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 21:08:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's hard for Yvette to be anything but anxious heading back into Slateport. For a long time the city had seemed an easy enough mark for business. The war with the old Rocket, the messy rebuilding, and the infrastructure already being rotted away by Rocket's new incarnation kept security lax and what police were available . . . malleable. That's why the bosses set so many operations up inside the city's walls.

Most grunts still think that's how the city is. It only took Yvette one day to learn differently though. A run in with two seriously strong ace trainers loyal to the league -- back to back. It's enough to shake anyone's faith, and hers is especially fragile to begin with. Still, for whatever reason, she agreed to another job in the area and so now here she is taking a duffel bag of pilfered Pokemon from the warehouses in the lower district into the city proper.

"Sugar, I really need you on your A-game today," she mumbles through her mask to her Abra, who is currently clinging to the hood that further obscures her face, "I don't think either of us wants another thrilling chase like last time. If anyone's on us, I want to know before they're announcing themselves!"

On the upside, at least this time she's had the good sense to work under a setting sun instead of a fresh one. Adjusting the strap on her shoulder, she looks up and takes in the orange sky and purple clouds.

God, if you're out there, let this go smoothly!

@open
mission