begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 23:40:57 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]
he stared at the message left on the local news thread for a good full minute already. was someone really sending a message to pokkenger? that was sort of new. usually the super hero would find trouble or respond to it all on his own, by accident. sure he could find out info on his own too as well, but just...after all that happened during new years to recieve such a request. well it shouldn't be a surprise to him.
[break][break]
when the sound of his incineroar coughing reached his ears he looked up to see his other date coming to sit with him. "oh, shoot sorry. was busy reading the news for a few. man some crazy stuff happened around here last month didn't it? did you know anyone who was there that night? or...were you there yourself?" probably not the best topic for a date but it was on his mind so much now after reading the news.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 2:29:24 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"you're fine," cadis reassured as he took his seat. sitting from across the male he'd come to possess a refined posture, listening to what the male had to say. "mm, thankfully, no. it's disheartening though. a lot seemed to have occurred there. from the loss of an elite four to a young man, or woman," no discrimination here, "wearing a strange costume and running around calling themselves 'pokkenger'." he wondered where did such a character emerge from? "hoenn has such strange characters. i actually met the woman yesterday, she didn't seem all too happy when i brought the topic up." a light chuckle escaped his maw.

notes: boom random convo

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 17:02:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"i can't imagine anyone would be ok remembering any of that." just the image of the clown and jellyfish were forever burned into his memory, but kazimir did his best to put on a fake face of being ok. he's had a lot of practice doing so what with his secret. although it was probably going to be hard to keep a secret like "pokkenger" in the shadows thanks to this event. he was grateful for the recognition but now...well...the next headline of pokkenger and one of the elite four being a possible couple was...well it spawned a lot of "fans" that he didn't think he'd get.
[break][break]
"that character though, pokkenger? who ever that is must be pretty brave though. i heard he did some crazy stuff during that thing and got some kind of endorsement from it. nice to know we got a superhero here in the region. and one that probably knows a thing or two about love if he and that elite four woman are a thing." maybe it was recalling memories of that new year hassle that brought the subject of his alter ego to the surface. he was technically a survivor from that and talking about it helped it settle into his mind as just something that happened.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 7:39:02 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

a potential fan? well that was to be expected. with an eccentric character being shown on the news was bound to capture the hearts of even the eccentric people--the crazies. "how toxic," he responded, "it's true what they say about the media, it feeds nothing but crazies." an elbow was propped onto the table while his chin would come to be placed atop of his palm. "and i like that." a smile was all that he wore.

"the 'hero syndrome' is quite infectious. hoenn sure is full of them. though, i wonder, why dress up as some 'hero' and act as a vigilante. is he trying to deliver some personal justice that was forged at a young age due to some tragic incident? vigilantism is considered illegal, is it not? and yet it seems we allow ourselves to look over that fact." to interfere with criminal affairs wasn't much of his cocern, but it made him wonder, "why does he not simply just become a league official and do things by the book? is this some sort of act to gain attention? who's to say this isn't just some stunt. i mean we don't exactly know who lays behind that mask." hands were clasped together and brought underneath his chin, "perhaps he's a reformed criminal looking to obtain forgiveness through heroic actions, or maybe this is another deranged martyr on the prowl for rocket members due to some personal vendetta."

a slight head crane as he continue to ponder his thoughts aloud, cadis would continue, "it's reckless endangerment, if one normal human starts to act as though he's invincible then it's bound to breed ignorant delusions. inciting others with the belief that 'i can do it too!' when in fact that's just not the case." without stopping cadis continued on, "pokkenger is a selfish-selfish man," he said with a chuckle, "parading about with the ideal that he can save everyone and take down 'the big bad' without a simple thought of how his actions effect the sheep's that will follow him blindly. hence why he becomes more curiouser and curiouser, why does he do this? is this some silly childish fantasy that he's living without a care in the world? why isn't he out there trying to stop the reborn group 'rocket remnant'? is the person under that mask a potential threat to society? does he believe that his actions are justified?" cadis would come to notice his incessant rambling upon coming to a halt, finishing, "they're quite an interesting person." and he wanted to play with them for just a little bit.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 17:01:13 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

at first kazimir thought this conversation was going to go in a different way than it had when the guy spoke his first sentence. it was one he was kind of familiar with, he's heard the odd comment or two about how his alter self was probably more of a menace to society than actually helping it. he usually waved those off though, they were mostly the ramblings of some mad news reporter or something. however hearing it all up front and in person was a little more...hurtful. it sent a feeling down his spine that wanted him to jump up and tell him that he's doing his best, but even kaz wasn't that crazy like pokkenger. still he wanted to get his opinion off his chest, so as the man finished he leaned back in his chair and took a breath.
[break][break]
"i think the guy just read one too many comics. and your probably right he is a crazy person going around doing all that stuff." he then leaned forward and mirrored the man with an elbow propped on the table and his cheek resting in the palm of his hand, "but so what? other than being some official policeman or something how does what he do make a difference from people like the rangers or cops? he's out there risking his neck for people all the same. heck even before him i'm sure people had the same idea or at least wanted to join something like the rangers. he's just the one guy crazy enough to actually go through with it."
[break][break]
his smile was more of a grin, a self assured grin given from one who was certain that despite the crazy life he was living he didn't regret it. "and if he inspires people? well yeah they'll do crazy things. but if ya see something really and ya want to do something about it...shouldn't you? i mean yeah even a small part in helping goes a long way, but hey, empires weren't toppled by people going around just shouting about bad things right?" there was probably something a little too smart for kazimir to even say but he knew a bit about history to know that people rallied behind just causes enough to actually do something about it.
[break][break]
"besides i'm sure he's doing his best. he's just one guy after all. can't count on him solving all the problems we got going around the region. i'm sure he's just doing what he can to help out around here, no matter how big or small it is." he did appreciate the guy's criticism and try to take most of it to heart. there was nothing he could do about the people, cause people were going to be people and it was kind of bull to pin whatever they did on one guy. he was also grateful to know that rocket wasn't dead just yet. guess there was a new target for pokkenger to strike.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 17:35:20 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

what a careless opinion. "your face...so open, so guileless. you speak as if you're actually this character under the mask." the words this individual spoke were looked at as feigned ignorance. "so naive, such childlike thoughts." eyes narrowed to sharply stare at kazimir's own, it was almost as if he were trying to see beyond the surface. "and that is what makes you human." cadis softly smiled.

"to see the good in others before the bad, an admirable feat to possess as a human." he wore the face of a proud friend or parent, only to folow up with, "i look forward to seeing how you'll progress in the future. i just hope that 'pokkenger' fellow will be there to save you from an error of judgement...that is if he's still alive." such a pessimistic response, but that was cadis and his way of teasing the fanboy. "of course, whoever they are, they're quite admirable. it almost makes me wonder if they could be the key...." cadis would drift off to the side, an inquisitive thought showing upon his face as he spoke aloud, "is it possible that he may be able to make the choice in the future for humanity's sake. could he be the key to turning me human...to saving me..."

in the end someone would have to take cadis' burden that was to come in the future. should his goal be achieved, who would be there to stop him? he was still searching for 'the one', and right now such a character was not showing themselves...yet. for now he'd watch pokkenger from afar, but it didn't seem too promising. "i have to find the 'true one'." cadis murmured. it wasn't until after that he realized he'd drifted off, "ah, excuse me, this conversation grew so intriguing that my thoughts began to takeover!" a light laughter was released.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 18:16:20 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"you know you give out weird compliments." kazimir wasn't one for reading people but something about the way this guy talked was kind of hard to tear away from. like looking into the abyss of a dark ocean and just wanting to dive in to see what was underneath. maybe that was just him personally, kaz himself couldn't pass up a good adventure after all. still the way this guy was talking did have him on edge, like he sort of could tell that the trainer had some kind of secret connected to pokkenger.
[break][break]
thank god it was quickly wiped away when he started to get into what kaz could only guess was real personal territory and not something meant for other people's ears. he wouldn't pry, he could understand that people liked having personal things to themselves. "hey man no probs. sometimes talking a bit too much makes ya say stuff." he decorated his last sentence with a light chuckle as he relaxed back into his chair, "but hey i'm sure if ya ask nicely that pokkenger will probably pay ya visit. guy probably gets around a lot to go and do what he-oh man is that the bell already?" the ringing signaled that the round was coming to an end, well that was quick. "well yeah, i'm sure you'll meet that pokkenger guy someway or another. dude seems to have a knack for just showing up whenever trouble happens." could be all coincidence though.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
begone light [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 20:26:17 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"until next time." and thus he was gone. onto the next one then. standing from his chair cadis would move on.