played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 11:13:07 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]There was a reason that Excadrill were known as the Drill Kings, and he’d never waste a reason to show it. Annie knew as much. Annie also knew that an underwater cave was one of the worst places to start making tunnels in, and drowning leagues below the earth was not how she intended to leave the world.

That was how the Excadrill had been reduced to a mere weapon, loosely tucked under Annie’s arm. His straightened body was body tense and still, awaiting a command from her. Once she’d raised his body to an intriguing vein, she called “Drill!” and he span to life, throwing shards of stones to the sides as he tore out their treasure.

How had Jet chosen to handle the situation? She didn’t knew, and she wasn’t sure that she cared, after his last showing.

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 19:19:02 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
How did Jet help the situation? Pftt. It was Jet. He wasn't helping. Seeing that Annie was the one he was paired up with he was adamant about not doing anything in the mission less she remember it and conclude he was a rocket. She didn't seem too bright but from what he was hearing she was a good battler and he didn't want her knowing his team.

Besides, since their last meeting Jet wasn't quite sure how to treat her, or anyone else affected by the whole kanto thing. He obviously felt bad for them but wasn't in a position to offer any sympathies. "Oh yeah sorry your region got cucked, I'm actually apart of the gang that did it, wana be friends?" Any time he even so much as glanced her direction those words just came flooding into his head. She was so young and yet so badly left off because of it. He didn't want anyone to be put in that position and if he tried to help he'd be a hypocrite. It was seriously annoying but for now the blue haired lad kept all that bottled up. He didn't want to say anything suspicious or weird! And in the mood he was in there was a definite possibility that he could let something slip. Oh well, guess I'll have to take it easy and let her do all the work then reap all the rewards. So I don't fuck things up of course. He thought to himself seeing that the young girl was more than capable at doing the job solo.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 21:12:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]There had to be a bond between the two, for a Pokemon to allow itself to be robbed of sight and movement. Then again, if he had already heard rumours of her strength, their display might not have been a surprise. For several minutes they shattered rocks and glittering shards. She lowered his body close to the ground and asked: “You wanna take five?” A muffled grunt of confirmation told Annie to set her partner does; he released his stance and plopped his bottom onto the cavern floor. No doubt it was damp, and probably cold, but members of the Sandstorm Squad were a sturdy bunch.

The trainer took time out to shake life into an arm, stare at the makings of a bounty on the ground… And set an unamused stare on Jet. “I don’t see why you came all the way down here to sit around and do nothing. If you weren’t even going to pretend to do the job, couldn’t you have done that at home?”

[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 15:08:57 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"I am pretending though, that's why I'm here." he said lazily putting his hands behind his head. "Since I came down here, the people up top saw that so at least there is some proof." But despite his words he took out a pokeball. "But if you insist." From the pokeball a small yellow bug jumped out and landed on Jet's head. "Zap here will use string shot on the roof so that the roof doesn't cave in. That good enough?" Giving nothing more than a side glance his bug lightly coated the ceiling with it's web. Then as an added twist, to add a little more light in the dreary area, it sent some electricity through it's string. "Oh hey, now I'm being twice as useful."
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 18:26:35 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]Annie stopped. Stared. Squinted, at both him and his Pokemon’s ‘effort’. The little hamster wheel in her head was hard at work. “Smart. You’ve thought this out. Or at least, you’ve done this enough that not being around has caused problems for you before. I’m gonna go with the second one.” While she spoke, Quake busied himself collecting the shards on the ground into Annie’s crossbody bag.

“It could work. Turn up for a job, stand around, do nothing. Until your partners start complaining. Sure, the first person might be doubted, maybe even ignored… But two, three of them calling you out in their report? That’s gonna raise some eyebrows.”

She beckoned her beast back into her arms. Her body lurched forward as she lifted him off the ground, letting him straighten himself back into a drill before she sought out another vein. As such, she stopped looking at Jet while she spoke. “I’m willing to be the first. Or maybe the second, or the third. Guess we won’t find out how many it’s been until you suddenly stop getting jobs.”

[attr="class","tag"]
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 17:54:03 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
With a disgruntled expersion and click of his tongue, Jet probably looked about as insulted as possible. "Hey I do help on most missions. Just this one I don't have the means to do kuch! Besides even if Indid I'd just be in the way if you and your pokemon. Like c'mon! Ots a frogging drill! What more do we need!" His his tone increasing in pitch as he grew more annoyed his joltik started to scuttle around her trainer to gather some of that juicy energy to keep powering their light.

"And tell who you want. Best case scenario is what you said, I lose out on some work. But every other possibility leaves me relarively fine. One persons word against another doesn't tend to work well these days. Especially coming from two kids." Now calming down slightly he shrugged his shoulders and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "But if it will shut you up what do you want me to do? I don't have any ground or rock type that could help. Useless ya want to be caved in by an earthquake." And here it was! The inevitable compromise Jet knew he'd have to make. After all the lad was all talk. He could make himself sound as cool and badass as he wanted to but when it came down to it Aniie was right. Enough complaints and he'd be shafted from helping the league. Which was a rocket one would assume that was a good thing but well a reluctant one? Yeah no Jet needed these jobs and he was willing to not be lazy to do so.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 6:38:01 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]An unamused stare fell into a straight deadpan one and he attempted to justify, and then straight up explain his uselessness. “Let me get this straight. You signed up for a mining job, so confident that you weren’t going to do any work that you didn’t bring anything to help you? No pickaxe or hammer? Not even a Pokemon you could pretend would do the job?”

She wouldn’t go as far as to insult him. Not verbally, anyway. There was a lot that could be said with eyes alone, and Annie’s had always been expressive.

“Quake, release. Go over and help him out.” Claws opened up to reveal the Excadrill’s very sceptical face. He had good reason to question her, especially when Annie remembered the last Pokemon she’d entrusted to Jet. Something told her he’d be a little more careful handling a giant drill than he had been with her Vulpix.

A nod was enough to make Quake obey, springing out of Annie’s arms to meet the other trainer, raising his arms to be picked up like a small child. That was when he would learn that an Excadrill weighed significantly more than a small child… But if Annie had managed to carry the drill without complaint, then surely he could too, right?

“Just tell him when to drill and he’ll break up whatever you’re pointing him at.” Rarely one to slack off on the job, Annie set herself to work collecting the rest of the scattered shards they’d sprayed across the cavern floor. “This job is what’s paying for dinner tonight, for me and my Pokemon. I’m not going to risk losing that just because you didn’t feel like doing some honest work.”

[attr="class","tag"]
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 12:15:47 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"Wha-! No of course I brought pokemon to do stuff!" Jet's tone of voice shot up again at the accusation, clearly offended by the words Annie spoke, even if she didn't directly insult him. "And before you cam strolling in with that thing under your arm I was gonna use something to do the job! But in case ya haven't noticed, this is a frigging cave with no structure! Any more digging and something could friggen dislodge and crush us all!" While it was a bitch of a stretch to assume the whole cave system would collapse around them there was some merit to what he was saying. Ya could never be too careful when you were tunneling underground, even if all the precautions were set in place before the two even took the job to go mining... As for Jet actually working? Well that could still be seen as a lie. The pokemon he had in mind to work weren't exactly well versed in digging or smashing rocks but they'd probably make do. God knows Zap was.

After his proposition, (which admittedly was staged so he would at the very least sound like he was interested) Annie commanded her drill to change hands. Somewhat surprised by Annie actually giving him another of her pokemon Jet bent down to pick up the mole drill. Seriosuly, any normal person wouldn't give me a chance to hold another of their companions considering I nearly squeezed the life out of the last one... Sighing Jet put his hands under the Excadrill's arms and attempted to lift it.

"Hurp-!" Through a grunt of sheer effort Jet managed to pick up the damn thing, unable to fathom how it was so damn Heavy! Granted Jet was used to working out so once it was in his hands he wasn't too badly off but the initial weight of the beast was enough to cause that embarrassing noise. How did she just run around with this though! She's skinnier than a twig!

Regardless of all that Jet did as he was told and started to command the pokemon to drill. The vibrations from the pokemon were enough to put Jet's nerves on edge, but seemingly his Joltik was loving it. Like it was some Joy ride while the young rocket was cussing under his breath while being drowned out by the sound of metal clashing with stone.

To make matters worse Annie started to pull at his heart strings again. But this time Jet couldn't quite hold in his angst feelings. "Oh shut up about it!" He shouted, turning his head to look over his shoulder , a small echo falling back to where they came from. He kept his gaze for a minute to see Annie's reaction. Not to relish in it but to see how she would take his words. Because the rocket didn't mean to tell her to shut up about his work ethic or lack there of. He just wanted her to stop talking about her financial situation. A situation that he may not have been directly apart of but nevertheless felt terrible about since he was duty bound to remain with those who did this to the girl.
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Spin to Win
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 19:44:07 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]A raised eyebrow with a dull stare told that she wasn’t buying a word of his defence. Somebody that hadn’t so much as lifted a finger before she’d opened her mouth didn’t strike her as the kind to work hard, especially when nobody was looking. Even poking holes in his argument seemed to beneath her; the most he’d earn was an eye roll.

She let Quake go anyway, trusting – hoping – that Jet was smart enough not to repeat his mistreatment. Her Vulpix had been small, hesitant to act and too kind for him to handle. Quake was at least twenty-five percent sharp metal, and fifty percent more likely to turn his blades on the man if he felt threatened. Surely, the boy knew better than to antagonise that… Right?

Wrong.

He sunk to new lows, found new ways to surprise her. It showed on her face, in the surprise in the air. The drill in his arms sent quakes through his body, even though there was nothing for it to work its way through. Perhaps it would find something to slice through, softer than the cave wall. More likely to scream, too.

Annie, on the other hand, looked just short of furious… for a second. She tried to temper her emotions, remind herself that he wasn’t worth it. It wasn’t working. It rarely did. She was all too used to strangers brushing off her struggles, but for anybody to have the audacity to lash out at her for trying to survive… He’d managed to strike a nerve.

“I’m sorry that my homelessness is uncomfortable for you. Tell you what, why don’t I just wander off-“ A pair of fingers walked along the air. “Out into the ocean, and go drown myself now? That’s what you’d prefer, right? Out of sight, out of mind?” The drill sprang open. Hopefully Jet was quick to move, because the Excadrill made no effort to mind his claws as he freed himself. He returned to Annie’s side just as she flipped the bird. “Eat a dick, dude. I wish I could go back to the time when I didn’t know you.”

She stormed off, deeper into the cavern. She still had a job to do, but there was no reason why they needed to be together to do it, especially when he wouldn’t even try. With Quake following close behind, giving her quiet and concerned questions, all that was left were the paltry scraps of shards she hadn’t picked up in time.

[attr="class","tag"]