kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 15:52:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah. internet's a necessity for me nowadays. i'll die without it."

between training pokemon he doesn't even use for battling and entertaining noah's date ideas, the internet has been his salvation from suffering from boredom. he appreciates the carefree life that being of elite four status brings, but he has to admit that it leaves him with little to do.

"wait, internet just for news? how old are you? i thought you're still, like, thirty."

he'd place him around fernando's age, although he is a bit biased since him and kyle share similar hobbies.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 14:30:23 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

"I'm only twenty-seven," he defends himself, though there's a note of knowing humour in his tone. Wouldn't be the first time he was teased for his lack of technological utilization. "I dunno, I guess I didn't grow up using it all that heavily—" because he wasn't allowed to, "—so when I finally got my shitty little connection in Fortree, I'd already found other hobbies."[break][break]

It had been a couple years before he'd been able to budget cable and internet into his living situation; leaving home fresh out of high-school to join the rangers had left him strapped for cash.[break][break]

"Alexei's got me into the trading forums, though, so there's that."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 16:44:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"the fortree gym leader?" while one of the most senior of the gym leaders, kyle still doesn't know much about him personally. "trading forums, huh?" kyle spares orion of his judgement.

this man needs another hobby, kyle thought.

he clasps his hands together, fingers crisscrossing as he lays them in between his legs. he appears deep in thought as he turns to orion with a serious look on his face.

"what are your thoughts about... anime."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 20:31:58 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Yeah," Orion confirms of . "I see him around the city often enough."[break][break]

There were other occasions they'd spent time together on jobs, or when Orion had volunteered at the Sanctuary before his workload had become overbearing in recent months, but he doesn't bore Kyle with the details.[break][break]

Of the trading forums, he elaborates, "Gotta re-home a lot of rescues, easier to find people online than in person."[break][break]

Kyle asks him of his opinion on anime, and perhaps the blank stare is telling enough.[break][break]

"I don't have many?" he admits, almost apologetic. "Why, do you have suggestions?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: enlighten him, kyle

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 2:00:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
asking anime suggestions from kyle was a normal thing for his close friends. "what's your favorite genre?" kyle has lots of suggestions. limiting them to the best entirely depends on what was his preference on these kinds of shows.

"actually..."

he opens up his dm screen and writes a list for orion to try out. he chooses to include only the latest ones from a year or so ago instead of the classics since animation and art is usually the one that gets people to stay most of the time. a mishmash of each different genre is included before he sends it to orion.

"have you watched any of these?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 16:11:51 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

When asked of his favourite genre, Orion is silent for a moment as he genuinely considers the question. It's more than enough time for Kyle to compose his list and shoot it over, and Orion brings up his UI to enlarge the chat so he doesn't have to strain to read.[break][break]

"Haven't watched any of these, but I've heard of quite a few..." Thankfully he wasn't completely ignorant of pop culture, just mostly out of the loop. "I've heard really good things about the last two."[break][break]

He's probably heard spoilers for them as well as a result, but thankfully things like that tend to go in one ear and quickly out the other.[break][break]

"I like divergent stuff I guess." Considering it too broad, he elaborates, "Like, fantasy, or cyberpunk. Drastically different from real life." He won't admit it, but it's because it turns it into a form of escapism. Anything to draw him away from reality. Maybe that's why this game has sunk its hooks into him. "Not particularly picky on whether it's comedy or drama or whatever, I just like a good aesthetic. You think either of those two," referring to the last in the list that he'd mentioned, "would hit the mark?"[break][break]

He's also really into romance, but that's too embarrassing to admit.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: me, psychoanalyzing my character to figure out what he's into

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 0:34:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a smile only gets much wider when he learns the councilman shares his preferences in anime. "you're into that too?" fantasy has always fascinated him, though he supposed it has something to do with most shows during his childhood being magical one way or another.

"the second the the last is a must try. internet people rank it high on their lists!"

he's say it's his favorite, but he'd have to say that with a lot of things. kyle likes a lot of it and finds it hard to make a ranking out of the list. it's like choosing his favorite mightyena and he can't choose which because that means favoritism and having a favorite means not being a good father to them.

it doesn't stop him from gushing about them a lot though.

"there's little action, but the comedy is ten out of ten. the setting is the average fantasy world, but it's the interaction of the character with his surroundings and his adaptability to his new environment that makes it much more relatable. characters are also distinguishable from design and personality, and they all mesh well surprisingly together, even with the side characters they'll introduce. the music is not for everyone, but it's great and there's always an option to skip the opening and ending themes if you want. there's also..."

kyle continues to prattle on.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 22:03:14 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Invested in the conversation, Orion nods, glad that the game's head-tracking has his avatar follow suit or else it might've seemed he'd zoned out.
[break][break]
"Yeah, there's something about magic or futuristic tech that's just... fun, I guess. Maybe that's why I like this game so much."[break][break]

It was like he was getting the chance to be a Pokemon, instead of just watching his own battle and guiding them through it. It was flashy and fantastical and honestly far too addicting.[break][break]

Kyle rambles about his recommended anime and though Orion's quiet could easily be mistaken for disinterest, he's listening to every word. He's never heard the Elite Four so invested in something before. Kyle, like the councilman, seems to trend toward the more reserved end of the spectrum. It's nice to hear the fervor in his voice.[break][break]

When he pauses for breath, Orion proves his investment by piping up. "I probably wouldn't skip the intros, I love a good soundtrack. Character development is nice, too. I can't stand when a show is strictly fanservice, y'know? Gotta have a good plot or a sense of humour to keep me interested, so this show seems great for that." There's a rustling as Orion grabs his phone in reality to pull up a trailer and bookmark it so that he didn't forget. "Any good cyberpunk recommendations from the 'internet people?'"[break][break]

There's a smile in his voice, humour.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: kyle's a dork and i'm love him

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
beach break [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2020 4:04:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he searches in his head for a singular title that he'd recommend instead of a list. a bunch of shows pop up, but he narrows it down to a few to accommodate for the comedy part and a subtle hint of romance.

eventually, he manages to pick one out.

"ah! i'll give you a classic. it's pretty old, like more than ten years old, so you might've heard about it already."

kyle opens up his dms once more and sends orion the name of the anime in case he needs it written down somewhere.

"i'd give you more but i feel like you won't have time to watch all of them."

he doesn't really know whether the council's work load was that much or not. fernando's eye bags seems low enough to suggest there's always work to be done, but kim cole seems to be too relaxed on his thing for kyle to think otherwise.