caffeine [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
caffeine [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2018 12:09:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the beckon of sleep calls a hastily dressed micah. a mustard cardigan above black chinos. appropriately dressed for a chilly autumn wind. letting the chime of the bell above him pull him back to reality, he tiredly stumbles to the counter.

"hey, uh— oh, no, i don't have a members card — uh, — no i dont need one, thank you — uh, can i get a iced latte with mocha flavoring, and an extra shot of espresso?" he waits awkwardly as she places in the order. "no, that'll do it for me. thank you." taking his receipt, micah breaks off from the line with a passive look at the person behind him.

taking caution to choose the least crowded seat, he sinks in the cushion of it and waits. already he could taste the caffeine as it hit the forefront of his mind. already his throat was parched. whispering to himself, micah couldn't help but see the joke in all of it.

"nothing says millennial like dehydration"

@naomi

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
caffeine [c]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2018 21:17:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

mauville is too big.

it's no slateport, that's for sure, but it's still more than she was raised to accommodate. it's been a long time since she left ecruteak but despite her best efforts the country bumpkin energy still rolls off of her. oversized coat hanging around her knees, scarf sloppily draped around her neck (trapping some of her hair in its layers), even scuttling into the coffee shop she feels as though she sticks out in a way that matters.

while it's true she doesn't have the same polish as the affluent sort who frequent the city, it isn't as though everyone there hasn't seen a trainer or a traveler before. no one bats an eye, but she's too busy staring at the ground to notice, assigning a great deal more importance to the trivial interaction than necessary or expected. to call this a rare occasion would be dishonest.

"one pumpkin spice latte please?" no one is allowed to say anything mean about her order. it's that time of year. the world is cold and she's doing her best. "for nao. no, sorry— it's like, my name. my name is nao. yeah. it's okay." this happens a lot too. never really gets less embarrassing, though.

a mostly silent transaction later and she's curling in on herself at the register. the line isn't particularly long — fortunately, the establishment itself is rather quiet — but the passage of time never feels more urgent than it does when paying in cash. dumping a handful of coins on the surface of the countertop, she begins pushing them one by one at the confused cashier, occasionally littering the conversation with quiet apologies.

@bis
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times