twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 6:09:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]through the clouds, the crater soon comes into sight. "it's been a while," he says, smiling, before shifting his weight to the right. they take a gradual plunge through the sky; flygon's wings tucking in for moments before expanding once more to catch their descent. gliding the rest of the way, it doesn't take them long to land at the base of silver spire.

"thank you, viphi," he mutters as he places his forehead against his flygon's. he recalls the dragon-type before turning to gaze up at the tall structure before him. not much has changed, at least not from first glance. he throws the hood over his head and approaches the entrance.

'sorry. please state your name and business.'

he clicks his tongue and releases the softest of sighs. so much for keeping a low profile. "alexander stone. is councilwoman abbiati in today?" he asks as he pulls the hood back. there's a short pause when the two men in front of him stare at him, perhaps in disbelief, before one of them rushes into the building. the other one nods and replies, 'yes, she is. please wait here.'

and wait he does.
[attr="class","cranecred00"]MADE BY CRANE

[newclass=.sidetag]width:80px;text-align:center;font:10px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag a]text-align:center!important;font:10px Roboto Condensed!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bodytxtt]background-color:transparent;width:330px;text-align:justify;font:11px Spectral;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cranecred00]background-color:#F1F1F1;opacity:0;font-size:7px;font-family:arial;padding:5px;width:65px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:270px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
[Googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 21:41:26 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","abooti"]

olivia was busy, very busy - and quiet as a rattata. it had been a few days - more like a day, since the new year's attack and her throat was still in recovery. despite her protest, the nurses gave her strict orders to speak as little as possible as to not strain her voice. the healing pokemon had done their work and now olivia had to do her part: remain silent. she could manage it for a day or two, olivia had ignorantly considered given that she only had less than a week before the council meeting she had summoned.

and now, mute, there were members of the crown acting a fool? she had no time for jokes and wanted nothing to do with some supposed 'champion'; yet, olivia was curious. many a guest have flown in on dragon wings, and with them, came good tides. that was olivia prayed for at the very least. imagine her surprise and the smirk on perry's - her personal assistant - face when there in the light of day is the lost champion, .

her brows furrow, she practically pounces on the man, and olivia grabs his right forearm - not necessarily to harm, but simply hold him. her voice breaks, the croaks and whispers she could speak would have been hard to hear if it wasn't so quiet. only the crashing tides on the afternoon beach could be heard, faintly, as olivia managed to get out, "where the fuck have you been?"

perry sucked in a breath and olivia let go alexander, clearing her throat and popping a honey and herb lozenge to soothe her dry throat, gently rubbing her plum and violet ringed neck - or at least what peeked out form beneath the bandages. she did an about face before shooting a glare perry's way and circling her finger in the air and pointing forward as she marched off into the castle. the guards, who looked like club bouncers clad in navy blue suits and silver sunglasses, held the grand ashen doors of silver spire open for olivia. perry turned to alexander, the pink flushing from the strawberry blond's face as he said, "err, mr. stone, ah, uh, please um... Excuse the Councilwoman's uh... behavior. It's been a rough few days for her."

he stared at the floor, nervously glancing up at hoenn's ex champion and muttered, "it's been a rough few months for hoenn." perry turned towards the door and said, "the councilwoman is under strict orders from the doctor to not strain her voice, please consider this while the two of you... meet. follow me, please." he was professional, his voice monotonous and cold, like the bleach white stone steps they climbed up the central tower to reach olivia's office. perry cracked the door open and peeked before pushing it all the way, "here you are. i'll be outside the door if you need me." he said and left the two of them alone.

olivia was typing away at her computer, and gestured towards one of the chairs in front of her desk. meara, her vaporeon, sprung forth from the running water that encircled the circumference of the office, padding over towards alexander on the tiled floor and nuzzling up against his leg. olivia looked up at the sound of meara's purring, her lips pursed. she hit the enter button, and a famine robotic voice said,

[attr="class","robo"]"I cannot speak, so this will have to do."

[newclass=.abooti]text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;padding-bottom:10px;line-height:13px; color:acacac;padding:15px;margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;font-size:12px;text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.abooti b]color: #b0c4de[/newclass]
[newclass=.robo]color: #b0c4de;font-family:courier new;][/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 2:50:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]for moments, there is nothing in the air but palpable tension and confusion. the one guard stares at him, and while nothing is said, he knows there is a question that is on his mind. it's a question he hasn't quite found an answer to, so he chooses to ignore it until he does. thankfully, silence persists long enough until it's interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps. it sounds rushed, but familiar.

he opens his mouth to greet her but he's cut off by the sudden embrace, and though unexpected, it is welcome. he returns it in full. her question might not have been rhetoric but he makes it, perhaps unable to find the right words to answer her. her voice is faint but before he has a chance to ask, she pulls away. the bandages around her neck are worrying. only when olivia marches off into the castle does he turn to look at her assistant.

there is undeniable guilt that builds when he hears his words. "there is nothing to be excused. i understand." he follows perry into the castle and it doesn't take them long to climb up the bleach white stone steps. "thank you," he says to perry before stepping into olivia's office.

the sound of typing permeates the room, marred only by his footsteps as he approaches her desk. he stops momentarily only to give meara some attention before he takes a seat in front of her desk.

"olivia," he starts, leaning forward ever so slightly. he cannot ignore the bandages around her neck. "what happened?"

[newclass=.sidetag]width:80px;text-align:center;font:10px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag a]text-align:center!important;font:10px Roboto Condensed!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bodytxtt]background-color:transparent;width:330px;text-align:justify;font:11px Spectral;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cranecred00]background-color:#F1F1F1;opacity:0;font-size:7px;font-family:arial;padding:5px;width:65px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:270px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 8:01:27 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","abooti"]

he was lucky, blessed even; for if olivia could speak, she would unleash a storm unlike any other - even the mighty herald of hurricanes, lugia, would pale in comparison. what had happened? olivia scoffed, irritating her throat and causing a coughing fit. a nearby glass of water relieved her of the worst of it, and she furiously tapped away at the keyboard. it was a slow process, she was used to classic typewriters, or quill and ink like they used at the temple.

[attr="class","robo"]"an ultra beast attacked slateport during the new year's festivities, dahlia was spotted there too - she is a refugee as of recent, something that is to be discussed at the meeting a presume, and chaos ensued. dahlia was . . ."

a silence followed as the mechanical voice stopped with olivia's typing.

[attr="class","robo"]"possessed? by another ultra beast. ultimately, one was destroyed and the other was captured by, who I presume is rocket."

olivia tapatap'd away.

[attr="class","robo"]"there were casualties galore, both human and pokemon. I was strangled by the dahlia monster, and was sucked through a wormhole to gods know where."

her manicured nails trilled alongside the edge of the desk as olivia looked at what else she had written.

[attr="class","robo"]" denounced the league, myself in particular, and promptly ran off. he is currently a fugitive avatar capable of summoning these wormholes - it was his own power that caused us to lose mateo."

olivia looked at alexander, rubbing the bridge of her nose, and sighed.

[attr="class","robo"]"and that was yesterday."

[newclass=.abooti]text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;padding-bottom:10px;line-height:13px; color:acacac;padding:15px;margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;font-size:12px;text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 8:43:57 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]there's not much of a conversation to be had. there's a lot of typing and waiting, but when the robotic voice finally speaks, it almost sounds like fiction. from ultra beasts to wormholes, none of it seems real. it seems almost impossible to believe. his brows furrow as a response, lips pursing, fingers tapping at the chair's armrest.

"interesting." he tilts his head then looks at her. his expression softens as he speaks. "all that sounds...horrible. i am sorry, olivia. i am for many things." she'll have questions for him, there's no avoiding that, but perhaps he can get ahead of the curve.

the typing allows him to interject appropriately. "i have no excuse for leaving in the manner that i did, and though it may take a while, i do hope to earn your trust again." because there's no denying that he needs all the help he can get.

"and i suppose the first step is to answer all your questions. so please, ask away," he says, now smiling softly.

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 0:09:28 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","abooti"]

[attr="class","robo"]"im tired of asking questions, alexander."

there was a pause, filled with uncertainty and the wet breathing of meara the vaporeon.

[attr="class","robo"]"we all are. i deserve an explanation, and I am sure you don't need me to ask why or what that question is."

her hands wrapped themselves around a mug of steaming tea. she took a tentative sip, blowing on the hot leaf juice as her ocean eyes stared the region's missing champion down.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 10:32:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]her stare is cold unlike the steaming tea in her hands. he meets her gaze and nods, understanding her sentiments. "i left to relocate my family to a safer region, one that was untouched by the violence that befell kanto and hoenn," he says, clearing his throat. "relatively untouched," he corrects before shifting in his seat. his elbows rest uncomfortably on the armrests.

"that took a little over a month. after that, i became involved with the region's affairs which led to me being stuck there." he's careful. he expects her to interject and call him out on how he had a responsibility to hoenn, but he continues speaking before she has a chance to finish typing. "i did what i could for them before leaving." 

he's vague in his words by design, because as much as he would like to reveal more, he's not too sure how much he can trust olivia. she had been somewhat of an ally during his reign as champion, but things change, people change, and it's that uncertainty that keeps him guarded.

"i know i have a lot to repay for. i was hoping i could start with you."

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 19:07:23 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","abooti"]

she took small sips at her tea as he spoke, olivia's throat tender and sensitive to the scalding tea. she set the mug down halfway through his explanation, inhaling a shallow sigh. he had left, his home - her home, his duties, and his friends to relocate his family somewhere safer? and then got involved with another region's affairs?

if he had to 'do what he could' as he put it, maybe they weren't as safe as he'd like to believe. irritated, she began click clacking away at the keyboard.

until he spoke again, prompting a lofted brow from the sea mistress.

[attr="class","robo"]"what do you mean, alexander?"

the robotic voice repeated olivia's question, though without the genuine curiosity that could be reflected in her voice. instead it was the cold, monotonous metallic cries of a computer.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 5:23:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
genuine curiosity may be lost in the robotic voice but he sees it in the way her brows raise, in how she seems to be searching for an answer. "devon's contract with the league was voided shortly after i left, and though i'm currently working on a new contract to propose to them, it does allow me to reallocate our resources." 

there are meanings behind his words that are left unsaid. it's up to her to decipher them. and then, after a brief pause, he continues.

"i understand sootopolis needs a gym leader." 

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 8:14:50 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

[attr="class","abooti"]

there was a silence that followed the rapid fire click clack of the keyboard - the councilwoman at first thinking his riddled words a bribe of sorts; as if any amount of money could make up for his absence. of course she needed a gym leader; it wasn't like olivia had the time to do so now with her council duties.

olivia deleted the lengthy rebuttal she had readied, instead leaving a short stand alone question:

[attr="class","robo"]"are you asking for the position, alexander?"

she leaned back into her chair, taking a much needed indulgence of the steaming tea - rubbing at the bridge of her nose afterwards. olivia tapped away, a second comment following as her unamused gaze lingered on the former champion.

[attr="class","robo"]"because i am, unfortunately, in no position to deny you. you appear to be a godsend in this perilous time, stone - there isn't anyone else fit or that i trust with sootopolis. i made the mistake once before of trusting a stranger with my life and this city; that will not happen again."

olivia was boring holes into the man of stone with her piercing blue eyes - even if the robotic voice lacked the hurt of betrayal her own voice would have had, the depth of emotion one could gleam from her stormy stare was more than enough to make up for it.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
silver spire [c]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 17:33:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
alexander does not give a response to her first question. instead, he waits, as the click clack of the keyboard continues to sound.

"it's settled, then."

another pause.

"i assure you the transition will be smooth and efficient. everything will be handled by me. you focus on...recovering."