played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Challenger
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 19:59:43 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]A quick end to that oh-so-smug attitude was enough to make the girl reconsider her choices. The urge was there, to tear the woman a new one, to let her bird loose and rain hell, physically and verbally. Arceus knew it would be the most satisfying option… And perhaps the easier one. A little voice in her head took the chance to whisper: 'Would it be the right thing?'

It made her give pause, ensuring that the woman’s words would be heard. Whether or not Annie would listen to them was anybody’s guess for a few moments, but the answer started to show itself in her body. Her heels pressed closer to the ground, no longer ready to flee the scene. Impassioned eyes gave way to cautious irritation, as opposed to restrained fury. Tensed arms relaxed, giving the Hawlucha one less reason to kick up a fuss.

‘A Champion would do the right thing,’ the voice reminded her. In that moment, she hated her conscious… But it had a point that was hard to ignore. A deep breath might have heralded some choice words moments before, but instead she returned Lucha to his capsule, cutting off his yell. There would be no calming the bird down any time soon, and having him itching for another fight could only hurt their situation.

“Then why did you lie? What were you hoping to get out of pretending you didn’t know me?” The question, in her eyes, poked a gaping hole in the woman’s claims of innocence. More well-intentioned words only helped reignite the fire in her eyes. They both knew that she needed no reminder of the lives lost.

“Lady, I’d really appreciate it if you wouldn’t keep assuming you know everything about me. Some of your intel is straight-up wrong, for a start, and who are you to tell me what I’m feeling is fake?” A huff helped to offset growing frustration as a hand rifled through her tracksuit’s pockets. It wouldn’t take her long to find another Pokeball, and unleash a Zoroark from within. The trickster set his gaze upon his trainer, and then a glare upon the source of her troubles. He wouldn’t act, and Annie knew he wouldn’t – she needed a calmer beast on the field, both to keep her in check and to warn the wild ones off.

The investigator and her Pokemon weren’t exactly selling themselves as the sort to be trusted with the task, after all.

Knowing his task without a word from her, Kit took his position flanking the girl, making himself hard to forget for the apparent adversaries.

“Now, do you have any reason why I should believe you besides your gut? Because in case it wasn’t obvious, you’ve given me no reason to trust that or you. In fact, you’ve given me several reasons not to.”
[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: . . .
[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay
[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#cb4335;[/newclass][newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass][newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass][newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass][newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]