orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
serpensortia [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 0:47:34 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Howling winds whip up desert sands, swirling tornadoes that rip a path through the route and obstruct visibility. Orion's Flygon beats her insect-like wings, hovering a safe distance above as they scout for a landing point.[break][break]

"There!" Orion calls over the din.[break][break]

As she approached the agreed-upon rendezvous point, Adriana would no doubt spot the Flygon circling wide before swooping down to an open expanse of grass just before the opening to the desert, thick tail scarring the earth as it flicked back and forth. Adjusting the goggles he'd worn in anticipation of the sandstorm, Orion dismounts as gracefully as he could manage and pats the dragon's neck in thanks.[break][break]

Spotting the trainee, he lifts a hand in greeting.[break][break]

"Raegan, right?" His voice is a little too loud; he'd grown accustomed to shouting over the storm. Seemingly aware of this, he ducks his head sheepishly. "Ah, sorry. That sandstorm is something else, could barely hear myself think flying in."[break][break]

He sticks out a hand as he closes the gap between them.

"Ranger Lykos. Call me Orion. This is Tiamat," with a gesture to the excitable Flygon still flinging grass around with her tail, "and this —" A Nidoking appears in a flash of red, hulking but not unfriendly, "is Basileus. Basil, if you prefer. He should be able to help with the sand."[break][break]

If the Nidoking understands his role, he gives no indication. Orion tilts his head.[break][break]

"Did they brief you on the mission, or throw you in blind?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]@raegan

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serpensortia [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 20:05:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
Another day, another milestone in her ranger career! Today was Raegan’s very first mission with an experienced ranger.

That morning, she had been given a short brief on what to do and to expect. Though it wasn’t the complete summary, she had expected. Partway through the ‘chat’, her supervisor had to be called away from their task. So she was sort of in it, on her own. BUT! She was to be joined by a second ranger named Orion.

This filled her with more confidence. Mainly, thanks to the fact that she could share the burden of her first mission with another.

The mission was in the desert region of Hoenn. A stretch of almost lifeless, except for a copious amount of rocks and cacti, land. Almost all sand for as far as she could see. Speaking of seeing, Raegan had been given some pretty cool-looking goggles to wear.

It was a little before the time, she had been told to arrive. But, punctuality was key! With elegance and poise, her faithful Braviary soared down and landed on the open expanse of thinning grass that stood before the entrance to the desert.

A little nervous, Raegan fell from her mount, caught by the soft grass which cushioned her fall. “Uhh, I’m pretty sure this is the place,” she said, more to herself than to her proud partner. Braviary held his head high. Clearly proud that was able to help the young ranger with her task.

After a few minutes of Raegan marching backward and forwards through the grass, nervously checking her watch. A sound like a drum began to beat nearby. Up in the air was a large, dragon-like Pokémon. It landed gracefully on the grass, a short distance from Raegan and Braviary.

“Yes! I’m Raegan! It’s nice to meet me. I mean it’s nice to meet you,” she said, a little nervously. Her words not coming out as she wanted them, too. “Ranger Lykos,” her eyes lit up, now it was confirmed that she had the correct person.

“It’s a real honor to meet you,” she said, holding out her hand to shake. “It’s nice to meet you Pokémon too,” she said, smiling at the Flygon and the Nidoking who appeared, shortly after. “This is one of my partners, Braviary. We’ve been buddies since back in the Unova Region.” Braviary nodded but kept his sharp eyes focused squarely on Flygon.

“Honestly, they threw me in, a little blind. It was all a bit of a rush job,” she said, laughing nervously. “But I’m really excited to get started!”

"I mean... Sir!" Raegan saluted Orion in a rather formal manner. 

[newclass=".wizzsl"] text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl b"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl i"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: !important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
serpensortia [m]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 22:54:02 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Caught between empathy and amusement, Orion is very careful not to laugh at Raegan's slip-ups. He'd been in her position, before. She's nervous — honestly, so is he.[break][break]

Serving as councilman has acclimated the awkward ranger somewhat to social situations, but he isn't impervious. He's sheepish under her praise, his smile somewhat hidden as he ducks his head with a soft laugh. When he shakes her hand, his grip carries a firm professionalism that isn't echoed in his other mannerisms.[break][break]

He seems far more comfortable addressing her Pokemon, shifting his gaze to admire the Braviary as they're introduced.[break][break]

"A good choice. They're very — I was going to say brave, but that's..." He laughs, rubs at the back of his neck. "They make excellent ranging partners, is what I mean."[break][break]

She's eager despite her apparently sparse briefing, and he waves a hand when she addresses him as sir.[break][break]

Never going to get used to that, am I?[break][break]

"Don't stress over the formalities, I'm not fussed," he assures her. "I'll fill you in — we've gotten several reports about a Sandaconda that's been harassing travelers trying to bypass the Fiery Path and take the Desert up to Fallarbor." Gesturing for Raegan and her partner to follow, he begins to lead the way toward the shimmering expanse of sand ahead. As they get close, Nidoking wrests control over part of the SANDSTORM in order to somewhat ease their passage. "Are you familiar with Sandaconda, by any chance?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serpensortia [m]
POSTED ON May 16, 2020 20:13:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","wizzsl"]
Following her salute, Raegan followed closely behind Orion as they made their way towards the endless stretch of sand that was laid out before them.

Raegan was a little shocked to find out that Orion cared little for formalities, even though he was a high-ranking official… or so she had been told. “Are you sure, sir? I mean, Orion. I was told to address you as ‘sir’ since you’re a councilman.” She said, her eyes shining and wide as she looked up at the quite amazing man. “Though, I must say, it really is an honor to meet you.”

As they drew into the route’s opening; a fierce battering of sand flew at the pair, blown by the harsh winds that raged through the desert. Raegan pulled the Go-Goggles down over her eyes, protecting them from the worst of the barrage. “This reminds me of back home. We had a similar stretch of sand land called the ‘The Desert Resort’,” she said, suddenly reminded of that rather similar location.

Raegan reached down onto her belt and pulled out the Pokeball on the farthest right side. “Come on back, Braviary! I’ll call on you if I need you but take a rest for now!” The red light consumed the bird, which was swallowed back into the ball. She didn’t want her partner injured by the sandstorm, unnecessarily. As the young ranger had Orion with her, she thought she would be safe.

Orion began to explain the details of the mission in deeper detail. “A Sandaconda causing trouble, huh. I hope it’s not distressed or injured,” she considered. “If it was in some kind of situation that would cause stress, it could lash out at anyone that passes. As a natural instinct, I’d think.”

“I wouldn’t want that on either side,” pushing forward through the sandstorm. Thankfully the worst of the storm was being controlled and negated by Orion’s partner, Nidoking. A large, purple spined dinosaur-like Pokemon. “Have you and your partners been through a lot together, Orion, sir?” She couldn’t help but add the sir to the end, out of force of habit, also admiration and great personal interest.

[newclass=".wizzsl"] text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl b"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl i"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzsl a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: !important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
serpensortia [m]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 10:41:35 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Naturally, the worrywart that was Orion was quick to wonder if they'd told her about his position on the Council out of genuine concern for formality, or if it was because they knew it would make him squirm. He sincerely hoped it was the former.[break][break]

Regardless, he shakes his head, winks. "Don't worry, I won't tell 'em."[break][break]

She stresses once again upon how honored she is, and he's flattered and flustered in equal measure. After the events of the new year with the Blacephalon's attack on the Night Market, he'd found himself thrust more into the public eye. He did his best to maintain a veneer of professionalism despite feeling completely out of his element. Now, he opts for a casual air to put his ranging partner at ease.
[break][break]
"Trust me, that'll wear off real quick," he jokes. She'd spoken of home, and he latches onto that. "Where are you from? You — uh, don't have to answer that if you don't want to." He can feel heat flush to the back of his neck, separate from the burning sun overhead. "Just curious. I've never traveled outside of Hoenn, myself."[break][break]

Hoenn, however, he knows like the back of his hand. Even the confusing expanse of sand that was the desert felt familiar to him, if uncomfortable with the battering sand and howling winds.[break][break]

"They originate from Galar, so territorial issues could be the cause..." He frowns in thought, adjusting his goggles. "I imagine they're not used to sharing the space with some of the native species here."[break][break]

Raegan asks after his partners, and he nods, letting her slip-up slide. She was only being polite, and he respected that. "They've been with me a while, now. I have a lot of Pokemon for a lot of different jobs, but these two are perfect for the desert. Tia, especially."
[break][break]
Flygon's shadow passes overhead, the dragon having been told to scout for signs of activity.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: raegan is so sweet! sorry for the wait!

template by kay