part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
what do we have here? [m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 20:06:11 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

It was easy to judge Slateport city if you were new to it. The rumors that spread like wildfire within it had their effect, the gossip that traveled from neighborhood to neighborhood was often more truthful than people would ever know... And of course, there was the issue of the rampant crime.

These small things eventually piled up.
A case of theft there, a stolen pokemon here. If the people of Hoenn didn't know any better, they would have assumed that Rocket was still around. But at the end of the day... The truth is what people make it to be. They preferred believing that Hoenn was safe and Rocket was gone, didn't they? Remnants of the Organization stayed, sure, but those criminals operated alone.

Or so some have suspected.

Katherine was sent the details for the mission over a text. Someone within the organization reported that something exceptionally valuable can be found within the oceanic museum of the city, but the nature of the object (or perhaps pokemon) remained unknown. Whatever it was - they wanted someone to investigate.

Or rather... A couple of people. She wasn't being sent alone. Not after her recent fuck-up with River. Of course they had to send someone to ensure that she doesn't mess up again. "Well, it's time to leave, Morgana." The Mismagius murmured a thing under her breath just as a shadowy portal emerged on the floor in front of the pair. Katherine led the way and took a step forward, falling into the ghost-type's creation without a sound.

They emerge several meters away from the entrance to the museum. And as they both continue to wait for their mission partner to show up, Kat's dark, swan-like mask is adjusted slightly to cover her face fully.

notes: open for one!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 0:39:29 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Rex hadn't asked what happened to Two, in fact he had taken her without a word before silently freaking out over the new bright red beast, but he was tempted to go back and ask what kind of fuck up mixed up Two and another Pokemon. Still, without a doubt, this was Two. The same stoic beast that regarded him blankly, then extended its claws when prey was nearby. Two was Two, and maybe he just needed a mission to get used to this new look she had going...it was kinda cool. [break][break]

Lo and behold, he was needed. It arrived the usual way, some letter thrown under his door that he had One swallow afterwards...he didn't think it was necessary, the letter really just had an ad for something special being displayed in the museum, he assumed that was the target of this mission, but he didn't know, now did he? Besides, One seemed to like their make-shift "shredding" process. [break][break]

He hides his identity with a mask as well, a pink gas mask that looks more like the snout of some prehistoric beast than a mask and, surprisingly, arrives in a logical way. Stealing was his "thing" after all, behind hurting shit. A shadowy shape landed several streets away from the museum and...walked. He kept to the shadows and alleyways, appearing for all the world some local thug or rebellious team, and arrived soon enough. [break][break]

Already over this, better not be that hard to steal. [break][break]

He already assumed he wouldn't be alone and it appeared he was right. He tilted his head at a woman near the entrance and adjusts his mask some more. If it was so necessary they both wore masks, he didn't feel like ruining the mystery of this partner of his. Made the whole thing more exciting, now didn't it? "Beat me to the punch here, huh? You somethin' special or somethin'?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Say hello to a Rex!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 2:14:03 GMT

[]

"Oh, I am more than you'll ever know."

The mask failed to cover the woman's lips, and thanks to that, a cheshire smile spreads across her countenance. "But I am sure you can marvel in someone's beauty and skill while working, yes? I don't want to spend more time than necessary here." She swore she'll never return to this museum because of how awful it was to work here.

And yet, there was Katherine. Standing right near the entrance of it - fully preparing herself to enter the building once more. It made her feel icky inside, like this is a mistake she shouldn't be making... And not due to the nature of the crime-- far from it! It was only the place she hated, not stealing.

"Let's head inside. You can tell me about why you were late there."

A nod is offered to her Mismagius before another portal emerges on a wall to their right, shadowy wisps escaping from the borders of it, "Ah- make sure we're not too close to the entrance, Morgana. There are too many cameras there."

A step, and they're transported into the oceanic museum of Slateport city - the main hallway of it, to be precise. Katherine is eager to look for something already, and by the time she reaches the first desk she can spot- its drawers are opened!

HWLTU|ph

tags:
notes: ---

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 4:23:27 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Rex felt himself start to sneer, a light-hearted laugh covering up his own expression. He could wonder why the pretty ones always had to be so overly confident but, in all seriousness, if he wondered, her just end up back at himself. Cause they deserved it. Still made it unpleasant to be in the firing zone of such words. [break][break]

Why I'm late? "Cause I don't want to fly in like a badass and be caught on every camera in a mile." He grumbled, shrugging his shoulders, "I'm here, aren't I? Be grateful, I'm gonna find something real damn good in there in a minute." And he intended it to be a minute, however long it took for him to get a good look at the Pokemon there. He thought he had a good eye for them. Material? He could guess if it was shiny, it was expensive, but that was about it? Anything to do with something like One, or strength? He'd find it, given proper motivation...and pride was a pretty good one, for a few minutes here anyway. [break][break]

He only hesitated ling enough for Katerine to step into the portal first, holding his breath and jumping in. He tilted his head at the drawers, hissing a breath through his teeth, "Er, you have fun with that, I'm gonna check all the shit here out. Scream if you need something." With those words, he started to look for anything obvious. A new poster, a sign, some water, anything. If there was something special in the museum recently, there was no way they wouldn't want people being guided towards, money seemed real easy to make that way! [break][break]

z__xHzDo

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Rex is Rex.

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 17:19:18 GMT

[]

"There are cameras inside too, you know. This is Slateport city after all. They have cameras everywhere."

Katherine knew there was no avoiding the museum's cameras. However, preparing for such an occasion was easier than most imagined. The Rocketess' collection of masks only grew more and more these days, her love for them never fading. It all started with the mask she was wearing today - the first she acquired. It was bought with the sole intent of serving her during her first mission for the organization, and now... Well, it carried sentiment value.

And it looked good, duh.

"There's nothing here," She mentions to Rex as he began to pace around in the room, searching for something himself. "Nothing worth taking at least." Her shoulders rolled backward in a shrug, eyes already drifting across the room in pursuit of something new to check. Morgana stuck by Kat, not eager to search by herself.

The steps the Rocketess took were careful ones, but her pace remained brisk. She passed by numerous statues, observing them intently for a brief moment or two before passing onto the next.

6qrOjeJX

tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 18:48:43 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Coming up with nothing on his end, Rex continued brazingly forward, barely hearing what his partner said except that she had found nothing. "Nothing here either, nothing they wanted others to know, I guess." There was no announcement of a new exhibit or the like, but that didn't mean anything. It could mean that there was something they were preparing for. The ad he had received as the mission wouldn't lie, there had to be something being prepared. [break][break]

Even with gloves on, Rex hesitated on opening any doors, testing briefly if they were open as he passed. Past the statues, one gave away, perhaps forgotten during closing, and Rex peered in, already ready to rush in or move on in a few seconds. [break][break]

qrfCpNSO

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 21:23:10 GMT

[]

"Okay, Morgana. I might need your help here."

The ghost-type seemed to have been tired by the request alone, not all too eager to help her trainer with searching for trinkets and artifacts. "You can check that room." The violet-haired woman turned to point at a room to the left-- just before halting. It seemed like Rex intended to check the same room, "Cancel that, Morgana. Go for that one." A different room was pointed towards next, promoting the ghost-type to levitate towards it.

She grumbled under her breath.

"We might have to check the basement floor. If you're not too scared, that is." Kat mentioned while peeking into the room Rex was in. She moved to search elsewhere quickly afterward, intent on covering as much space as possible.

hAObdXMU

tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:10:54 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Rex was only faced with dissatisfaction upon looking into the room, nothing but boxes that he was not looking through to find a diamond in the rough...too much work for no guarantee of a prize. [break][break]

"A basement? So we're just gonna cancel right out of here, then?" He looked around at the dull surroundings, and a twinge lingered in his heart. An out of this boring shit, yes please. [break][break]

"Lead the way, lady, I'm gonna die of boredom if we don't encounter something or the other." Preferably, a fight. Something they'd praise him for wasn't out of the question though. [break][break]

wg9M0HT9

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Rex is Rex. Used "cancel".

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:01:04 GMT

[]

Morgana returns with nothing of importance, and after Katherine gestures for the ghost-type to get rid of those trinkets - her partner does exactly that. The psychic-waves that held them in the air suddenly disappear, the Mismagius no longer maintaining them. They hit the floor with an audible thud, which earns Morgana the sight of Katherine rolling her eyes.

"Yes, yes. I don't like how boring it is to search for something without a description either, Morgana. But we have to deal with it. A mission is a mission."

When Rex mentions that he's ready to move on as well, another shadowy portal is brought to life - this time on the floor itself. "Well, let's go then. We don't have all night to spend here - the cleaning staff arrives a lot earlier than you'd imagine."

And Kat would know, considering the few days she spent working here.

ydq3KlQu

tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 2:25:25 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Oh, so we got staff to worry about too? Great, and I thought I left home early today." His sing-song tone rose and almost echoes off the walls, like a child on the verge of yelling. Staff, valuables, and no idea where the valuables were? He wasn't a clown, why were they juggling so many tasks tonight!? [break][break]

He shut up quickly enough, just long enough to step through the portal and, after a moment of vertigo sent his stomach reeling, piped up again, "So, dark and scary, you got anything for us?" [break][break]

27BIEVOr

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Rex is Rex. Used "juggling".

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 23:42:29 GMT

[]

They emerge from the shadowy portal moments later, the dark basement revealed in all of its glory. It wasn't anything to write home about, and yet...

Something told her that they would find more here. However, it could've also been just wishful thinking.

"Look, we won't have to deal with anyone if we find something good here. It shouldn't be too hard-" Katherine gestured for her partner to begin looking around as well, not eager to waste time. "We could use some light here, Morgana." The ghost-type floated idly for a couple more seconds before raising one of her hands to her lips, blowing a firey kiss into the air.

It would act like a floating lamp for the time being, it seemed.

"There has to be something here. I can feel it."

oOH11KU8

tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 21:51:31 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The darkness didn't respond to any inquires. Disappointing. [break][break]

Except for a little kiss entering the air, "Sweet." He commented idly, already moving forward. An idea lurked in the back of his mind to call upon One or Two, but he didn't think the situation was that desperate yet. Besides, if there was cameras around, it might not be a good idea to have a bright red Armaldo on screen for everyone to see... [break][break]

"If you can feel it, guess we gotta find it and feel it for real." He commented, using the light to search around his surroundings. [break][break]

1pVX8qcE

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 22:26:28 GMT

[]

Katherine goes here and then there, repeating her steps more times she can count. It didn't seem like Rex and her were really on the right path. If anything... It seemed like they were losing their sense of direction within the building, not finding what they came here for.

"If it isn't here, I swear-"

She holds her tongue back as if she was scared that a curse might jinx their luck, "Can you give us some more light, Morgana?"

Without so much of a word, the ghost-type fueled the lamp with more fire in order for it to grow larger.

p74OpVer

tags:

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 15:45:06 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

The light only grew brighter, and Rex grumbled as many curses as he liked under his breath as his unaccustomed eyes protested the darkness fading. [break][break]

There were countless crates and storage devices here, and they only had a limited time to even try and get through it all. Every noise sounded like guards coming to arrest them, and everything looked like a treasure. If only one of those things were true, they might have some kind of lead, he supposed. [break][break]

2Dt|xwKh

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 19:55:31 GMT

[]

Katherine begins to convince herself that by now, there might be no treasure buried deep within the oceanic museum of Slateport. A lie, a false rumor someone spread for a criminal to be lured inside-- something.

It was too hard to find, and frankly...

With each moment that passed, it felt like the reward was only worth less and less of her time. Hell, she might get herself in trouble soon if they stay for too long.

..But that was a part of the appeal in the job for her. The choice in endangering her freedom for money, the rush it gave her.

It was something she couldn't imagine living without.

EBd2CJrd

tags: