oh well, guess beggars can't be choosey [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 23:59:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As the investor walked out of the mall, he rubbed the back of his head with a sigh. That meeting had went decently well, but now he had another meeting to attend to. He had promised Miss Rhodes that he would meet her for lunch within the next fifteen minutes.

Something along the lines of discussing him coming and giving a small and very basic lesson in Pokemon Religion. In reality, he simply wanted an excuse to be in Lilycove. As much as he definitely looked like he'd come from the desert, with how dark his skin was, he loved the beach more than the desert.

From the mall to the small beach-side restaurant, Asher had plastered on his usual charismatic smile. He walked up to the waitress who was in charge of seating and check in and showed her that very same smile.

"Afternoon," he began before knitting his brow slightly, as if worried. "I've a reservation with one Thea Rhodes?"

He was led to a table then, which caused him to relax. He'd gotten there early, if only by ten minutes, but he still wasn't late. Which was a good first impression.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:23:46 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The choice that lead her to a simple meeting relating to work at a beach-side restaurant was quite peculiar. Had it been her suggestion, they might have met at a quiet little cafe somewhere in Lilycove. This place was much louder and windier.[break][break]

It was beautiful though, she had to admit. Refreshing really, from her typical preference for stuffy and stiff interaction. She genuinely felt a little more at ease here, despite the nervousness in the back of her mind. This was out of her comfort zone, surely, but perhaps that was a good thing.[break][break]

Regardless of the emotions she feels, Thea Rhodes portrays no ill will or suggestion of discomfort when she, too, is lead to the table. Despite her habit of arriving early, it seems her partner is even quicker. This pleases her, and she dips her head in greeting.[break][break]

"Mr. Leivern, sir. It's a pleasure."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 1:52:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The very moment Thea came into view, and made eye contact without flinching away or making a face at him, Asher knew that must have been her. He stood as she approached, returning the dip by giving a very courteous bow.

"I assure you, the pleasure is mine." As he spoke, he moved over to her chair and pulled it out for her, fully deciding he would push her seat in for her.

"I hope you don't mind the choice of restaurant. I've heard wonderful things about this place, despite it's ever bland name choice."

Admittedly, he would never invest in a place called, 'A Mud's Skip' if the food wasn't absolutely to die for. Which, it was.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:42:27 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea's smile twitches at her lips subtly at his response. She smooths the back of her dress discreetly as Asher moves to push her chair in for her. Her gaze follows him quietly as he takes his own seat and resumes speaking. He's polite and respectful and has already garnered her full attention, not that she wouldn't have given it, to begin with.[break][break]

"It's.. unconventional, but it's nice. I've never been."[break][break]

Her attention glances over her shoulder for a moment to re-read the restaurants name. There's a twinkle of mirth in her eye, but she remains indifferent and keeps her thought to herself.[break][break]

A waiter pauses at their table, and Thea is prompt in her request for a glass of water.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:55:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher’s smile was as inviting as it was calm. There was no rush to the meeting and he was happy to see that Thea’s overall demeanor reflected his own feelings on the matter.

His order for a lemonade was as quick as hers with her water.

“It’s not in its prime just yet, but within a few months, I’ll have the name popular enough.”

That came off a big arrogant, he realized, and quickly changed the conversational topic.

“But! Onto more important matters, yes? You wanted me to do a lesson or two on religion. Nothing traumatic. Just the basics—more history, really. Do I have that right?”

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 3:06:30 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

At the mention of 'I'll have the name popular enough', Thea visibly seems surprised. Her eyebrows raise and she folds her hands in her lap to stifle the confusion in her posture. Instead, the woman clears her throat and opts to leave it as it is, especially given how quickly the man jumps to the topic that has brought them together as it is.[break][break]

"Yes, just the basics. They're young but it's never too early to show them that the world is bigger than they might think. Of course, it's important to maintain their childhood and innocence, but I believe that a lesson or two might be incredibly beneficial to their early development. Something for them to think about in passing."[break][break]

The waiter returns swiftly with their drinks and Thea opts to take a quick sip. She savors the cold against her lip and the ocean breeze that tugs her loose blonde hairs across her cheek. It forces her to pause and truly appreciate the atmosphere and comfort of their seating. This had been a wonderful idea.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 13:40:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As his pokemon-equivalent-to-lemonade was set before him, Asher took a sip with a pleased hum and leaned back in his seat. It really woke his sense up, more sour than sweet, which was why he liked the place so much.

Yes, just for their pokemon-equivalent-to-lemonade.

"I completely agree. There's a fine line, and I'm sure I'll find it. If you need me to, I can send over the lesson I planned, so you can look over it and make notes."

Though most would feel irritated that their lesson had to be 'approved,' Asher understood that these were her students and that he wasn't the crowned prince in this situation. No, he was the wise advisor coming to the queen and requesting she simply give him the time of day needed to complete the task at hand.

What a brilliant time of day it was... and what a brilliant queen he'd found. At least, she had the physique of a queen, anyway.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 15:37:56 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

With a subtle brush of her tongue across her top lip, she catches the moisture from her drink before setting the glass down in front of her. It leaves a ring of moisture on the table, and she idly folds a napkin to act as a coaster.[break][break]

She listens while Asher speaks to her, while he agrees with her. The woman nods along in understanding, pleased that he was willing to do as she asked of him. [break][break]

"If you don't mind, that would be wonderful. You're a wonderful teacher, it would be an honor to learn a little bit myself."[break][break]

Her lips curl in a soft, painfully polite smile. She seems almost like a porcelain doll, her expression hardly ever changing from her soft kindness. Her eyes are what truly express her emotion - and even that is a guessing game. [break][break]

"Now.." she chuckles softly, her voice easily captured by the wind. "What would you recommend from their lunch menu?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 16:49:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It seemed the discussion of work had come to a close. He was thankful for it, and set a quick reminder in short hand on his device before sliding it back into his pocket so he could fully focus on the beauty before him.

"That's a bit complicated. I'm a man who has no boundaries on a good meal and tends to have tastes change as quickly as the direction of the wind." It could be said for his taste in food, and in people.

"However, if you're a steak person, it's not the best. Fish? Much better. And even more fantastic, the desserts. And I wouldn't be one to judge you if you got dessert and dessert only... as a matter of fact," he opened the menu and browsed. "I may end up with an entire chocolate mousse cheesecake for myself..."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 20:22:20 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

While he speaks, Thea idly browses the neat and compact menu in front of her. She finds her fingers idly tracing the weave of the binding, the plastic covering. Nothing specific stands out to her so she figures she'll try whatever today's special is. She does, however, find herself drawn back to Asher the moment he mentions tackling an entire chocolate mousse cheesecake to himself.[break][break]

"A sweet tooth... very interesting."[break][break]

Despite her surprise at his confession, the woman chuckles quietly. She muses a moment longer on whether she'd like to try the fish and chips. She eventually brings herself back to Asher, unwilling to not admit her own thoughts on his choice in dessert.[break][break]

"Don't let me stop you, Mr. Leivern. In fact, I might indulge in a bite myself."[break][break]

She offers a wink just as the waiter returns to take their order. The promptness of this establishment is impeccable and she continues to be impressed and flattered by their politeness and hospitality.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 20:41:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
After ordering his own dessert, Asher is quick to let his eyes return back to the woman he is dining with for the evening. He did, in fact, order himself the chocolate mousse cheesecake and he did plan on eating only a slice in front of her... and likely the rest while he was alone. Whenever that was.

"I'd be delighted if you joined me. I'd feel much less judged that way." He chuckled at his own joke before leaning back and relaxing once more, a sip or three of his beverage downed beforehand.

"I have to admit, I'm rather fond of Hoenn already. There's an air here that I'm fond of. The cities aren't terribly busy, Slateport and Mauville aside. But the other towns aren't undeveloped, which is usually the case per region."

Alola aside. Alola broke many trends from other regions, though. An odd little group, that.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 21:14:36 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea's lips curl in a fair smile as he accepts her self-invitation. The thought of a deliciously decadent mouse cheesecake sounded divine, and she figured she could indulge for just a moment. This was sort of a cause for celebration, after all.[break][break]

While he sips his lemonade, she mirrors him with her own glass of water. It trickles down the back of her throat and she sucks in a quiet breath. The breeze continues to be refreshing against her warm skin. She's seen a lot of sun as of late - the climate in Hoenn was far warmer than in Galar.[break][break]

As if on cue, Asher is prompted to speak about the region itself. She smiles once again, amused that he had somehow detected her thoughts. [break][break]

"Indeed! Hoenn is beautiful, truly. I've become quite fond of the region, honestly. The transition has been quite smooth, thankfully. I'm relieved."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 0:13:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Asher could listen to her speak all day. She had an accent about her that he found absolutely beautiful, just like the rest of her. Well that only made sense, now, didn't it?

"My own transition has been smooth as well, but then again, I'm used to transitioning." The ironic thing, that nobody knew about, was that technically his 'transition' into Hoenn was more of a 'return.' "It's good to know that you're settling well enough, though. Is the weather a bit more humid here, than Galar?"

Yes, he had jumped straight into the assumption of where she was from just based on her accent. Really though, nobody else sounded like Galarians. Not that he'd ever met.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 18:59:17 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea had never been overly observant in personal relations, and as such, she doesn't necessarily notice the attention that Asher gives her. She merely accepts it as politeness and thinks nothing more of it.[break][break]

It does, however, surprise her for just a moment that he had so easily picked up on her hometown based on her accent. It often slips her mind how heavy her Galarian accent is. [break][break]

"Humid and much, much warmer. Sometimes I miss the rain and cold from time to time, but it's nothing I can't handle."[break][break]

She hums a bit in amusement, a soft noise. Her fingers curl around the base of her glass.[break][break]

"Do you travel often?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 1:15:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

[attr="class","xyzwords"]

"Not as much as I would like to, here recently."[break][break]

Asher's mind settled on the last time he had traveled. It had been when he last visited Alola in the summer the year prior. Back when Hoenn's events were settling down from that uproar having to do with... wasn't it Slateport? He couldn't be bothered to remember, really. Since he hadn't been apart of it.[break][break]

A blinding truth about Asher. If his name wasn't apart of it, his memory was often selective.[break][break]

"However, I tend to travel once I've settled in a region. I've been thinking about traveling to Galar in the spring. I fear I'll be far too busy before then to go. I've been told that Hammerlocke is a decent place to start, since the train can take me across the region with ease."[break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 11px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpkmn] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]