mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
oh well, guess beggars can't be choosey [c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 16:18:35 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

"Hmm.."[break][break]

Thea sets her glass down, fingers drawing the sweat from the cup and leaving streaks. She muses over his comment, genuinely lost in thought. She had never really done a lot of travelling before coming to Hoenn. This had been a spur of the moment decision to chase her career, her passion. Educating children had been something she'd wanted to do - and if it meant picking up her life and dropping it in an unfamiliar region, so be it.[break][break]

"Hammerlocke is a wonderful place, yes. It still surprises me that Hoenn doesn't have access to such easy transportation as a train. Perhaps Galarians are spoiled," she chuckles.[break][break]

For a moment, then, her eyes seem to cloud with some degree of longing or sadness, her thoughts drawn back to her home in Hulbury.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 16:34:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

[attr="class","xyzwords"]

While Asher had never experienced being home sick himself, he'd seen the face on many others in his lifetime. Seeing it on Thea's made him sober a bit. [break][break]

Straightening in his seat, he allowed the cheesecake to be set before him, slowly cutting each of them a slice. [break][break]

"You know, I've noticed that about Hoenn. Either you have a pokemon that can fly you around yourself, or you have to use some mode of transportation that's nearly archaic compared to most of what Galar seems to have." [break][break]

A small smirk grew on his features. [break][break]

"Though, in a way, the freedom of relying on pokemon so much here in Hoenn is what drew me to coming here, before Galar. There are many restrictions. Only allowed to use the corviknight transportation system for flying around in the sky, and so forth." [break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 11px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpkmn] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 16:41:03 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea, too, straightens in her seat as the cheesecake arrives. She had decided against ordering anything else - more than happy to indulge in her sweet tooth. [break][break]

Her attention falls on the way he cuts her a slice, so simple and yet she doesn't look away. There's a charming magnetism the man gives off and shes susceptible to it without even realizing.[break][break]

"It's sobering, though. To use the archaic methods."[break][break]

She exhales softly as if lost in thought.[break][break]

"Corviknight are brave Pokemon, willing to fly through anything because they're strong enough to. I have to admit, I wouldn't choose any other Pokemon to fly me anywhere."[break][break]

It's abundantly clear, then, how proud Thea is of her home even despite their restrictions.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 16:59:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

Much better. His thoughts are show on how he smugly smirks. Her thoughts of home went from yearning for it, to pride, and that was how every person should think of their home. In pride, not in yearning. [break][break]

At least, that's how Asher supposed he'd feel about the matter if he was at all proud of where he had come from. Perhaps that's why he's never sick for it. [break][break]

"They are a beautiful pokemon. Both in design and strength." He tended to speak of pokemon as merchandise, which, in a sense, he did think them as such in settings that he found appropriate. Such as the Corviknight Taxi Service. "I suppose if I find something of it's evolutionary chain, I'll have an excuse to see you again." [break][break]

With that, and a smile all too charming, he set her dessert before her and began munching on his own. [break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; margin-top: 25; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 11px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 13px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 12px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 12px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpkmn] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 21:22:34 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea nods thoughtfully, taking great care to muse over his words. She catches his smirk, the smugness behind his words. His confidence is nigh overwhelming and yet it doesn't intimidate or surprise her. She merely basks in whatever glow he gives off because that is what comes naturally to her.[break][break]

"Indeed, quite beautiful. I've not seen many since arriving here, but I've been told that Galarian Pokemon are quite popular in Hoenn as of late."[break][break]

It was honestly surprising to even herself that she did not possess a ghost-type native to her own region. Granted, the Pokemon she trained were from near and around Hulbury, but still.[break][break]

Thea's internal thoughts are disrupted, however, by Asher's more forward comment. Her eyebrows raise as he sets the slice of cheesecake before her. [break][break]

"An excuse to see me again? Do you imply that it's difficult to visit with me?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 22:53:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

A fair question, which made Asher's smile widen just a bit while he chewed. Once finished, and after a sip of his beverage, he shook his head lightly.[break][break]

"I'm implying that you are a woman whose time is precious to her. That much reflects in your curriculums and resume." Yes, he'd looked at them.[break][break]

"All I was implying, was that I wouldn't want to waste your time. I respect you far too much for that."[break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 4:20:51 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

The moment she finishes her thought, Thea indulges in the savory treat in front of her. While she chews, she remains at full attention, hanging off of the man's every word - and his charming smile.[break][break]

"Hmm.." she ultimately chuckles, using a napkin to wipe away any chocolate marring her lips.[break][break]

"My time is never wasted in the company of intelligent people."[break][break]

In fact, she basks in his attention, quite honestly. Friendships and social relationships didn't often last with her - she was more reserved and willing to idle alone than in the company of others.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 13:47:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

"What a relief to be among the intelligent, then."[break][break]

Granted, Asher's intelligence was great. He had the documents to prove it. At a young age he had excelled with his IQ, graduated the top of his class at each academy he'd been at. Now, half of that was because he had charmed his way and been too lazy to do the work. But he remembered the work well enough to recall it when necessary.[break][break]

If only because of the faces or bodies attached to the 'study sessions.'[break][break]

"I have to admit, your company's vexing. I'm finding myself reluctant to finish my meal, just so I can stay around you a bit longer."[break][break]

Fixing his gaze on her, once he had her eyes locked on his, he smiled.[break][break]

"Would it be terrible to ask you for a walk along the beach after this meal? Purely social, nothing business related."[break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 14:21:31 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

It would not surprise her in the slightest to hear about his intellectual climb. While she was not aware of it and wasn't the type to investigate into matters of such importance, she could see that he was a smart person, both in mind and in wit. [break][break]

Another bite is carefully taken if only to hide the hint of colour in her cheeks as a result of his proposition. Thea watches him with an attempt at indifference, masking the surprise she feels at his forward request.[break][break]

"Well, no, I suppose it wouldn't be terrible. I would hate to vex you further."[break][break]

She washes away the tint to her cheeks with a slow sip of her drink.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 14:34:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

"That settles it then, a walk on the beach."[break][break]

Should he have been so visibly giddy? Thea seemed the type to respond well to him showing his excitement, so he put forth no effort to hide it.[break][break]

Finishing off his dessert, he leaned back and gave a sip of his beverage as the waitress brought him another, refilling Thea's glass as well.[break][break]

"I'm going to be forward," if only to see that blush again. "Is there anyone I'm going to upset during this beach walk?"[break][break]

Asher liked to know if he was going to have to flee the scene of an angry boyfriend... or girlfriend. Now he wondered which way miss Thea swung.[break][break]

tag.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 22:35:22 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea regards him quietly but with great amusement - if reserved in expression. It pleased her to see him so eager and excited, his attention was well-received it seemed. It surprised her, honestly, but it wasn't an unwelcome feeling.[break][break]

While he finishes his dessert, she takes her time a little longer. Not so much as she's playing hard to get, but in a way she intends to keep him waiting. His eagerness is encouraging but still daunting. It has been some time since she'd experienced any sort of 'courting'.[break][break]

This was what this was, right?[break][break]

He is, once again, quite forward. It tugs another blush to her cheeks and she feels quite out of breath and without a proper train of thought.[break][break]

"N-no, no there.. is no one who would be upset."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 13:40:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]It wasn't as if his patience hadn't been tested by silence before. There were many moments in his life where silence had been his greatest companion, or his worst enemy. In this case, it was welcomed.

As she spoke, however, Asher was elated. This much showed in how his shoulders relaxed. The bill was brought about that time and he began swiping one of his cards and signing for it, since it was a small automated tablet paying system.

"Wonderful. Though, I should warn you," finished signing, he returned the device and gave a charming smile to the waitress. His eyes focused back on Thea and softened. "I'm not... a committing type. While I do enjoy your company, and would like to pursue your company further, I'm also under no musing that you won't have other suitors. I also would like to request the same freedom."

Basically, he wanted casual, not something serious. He was sure she was mature enough to understand such a thing.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 14:33:12 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

While he pays and smiles and passes the time in mutual silence, Thea seems to come to her senses. Although she had not literally been entranced by the man in front of her, she had certainly been charmed. But as the dust settles and he leaves his intent with her on the table, her flushed expression rehardens into whatever sort of polite, indifferent expression she once carried.[break][break]

It did not surprise her in the slightest to hear that he was not a committed man. He had dropped hints throughout their interaction. He had literally told her he moved onto new regions the moment he settled. He did not linger in one place too long, and so it made sense he wouldn't tally with just one person any longer than he preferred.[break][break]

And she was mature enough to understand such a thing. His request was not a concerning one, but her ultimate refusal came from a different background.[break][break]

"As flattered as I am by your interest, Mr. Leivern, I would prefer to keep our relationship strictly professional. I hope you understand."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 14:42:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Unfortunately, Asher had a feeling that would be the case. He was not disinterested in her because of her choice, though. After all, each person had their own opinions and morals.

He was proud of her for sticking to them, but at the same time, a woman of her air and prowess, he would have expected no less of her.

"I read you loud and clear, miss Rhodes. I'll keep my flirting to myself when we are engaged in conversation."

Strictly professional... he was a bit depressed and would likely need some form of a rebound after the denial. Not because of his hurt pride, no, it was very hard to hurt his pride since he hardly took negative things personally.

More like, he would need something to release the tension built by her blushing.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 15:39:44 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

She clears her throat awkwardly, then, suddenly aware of how tense the situation between them might be. Honestly, she hadn't expected their conversation to go the way it had at all, let alone the way it had ended. Her intentions had been clear from the start: an organized meeting regarding Asher's guest speaker visit with her class.[break][break]

Now, however, they were faced with a clear attraction that had been nipped at the bud.[break][break]

"In this case.. I'm sure the mood for a walk has been otherwise impaired. My apologies."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay