we never look back, we're uncontainable [o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 0:33:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Mossdeep Space Center was likely Asher's favorite investment to date. He had a fascination with space that he couldn't quite explain. In a way, it was the only thing that was constant in his life. Much like the sun, and the moon; or the wind. It was something that never left, never wanted anything from him. It simply was, and like him, it did enjoy onlookers.

Why else would those stars shine so brightly?

After speaking with the financial branch of the staff of the Space Center, Asher had made his way down and into the staff room. He'd heard that they had hired a few hands to help, but one of them had backed out and they were expecting the other to show up anytime. Asher couldn't just leave them understaffed or panicked, so he offered his services, which they eventually had no choice but to agree with.

So, while waiting for the other to arrive, Asher hummed and began organizing the chaos that was the room that needed to be cleaned. It would take a decent amount of time, but he figured, he'd have it done within two hours and two heads are always better than one, right?

mission
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 18:19:38 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]there were a number of staff who were regulars at the bookstore "kosuke" owned, so it was only inevitable he found out about their little spring cleaning project. ever the dutiful citizen, he'd offered to help out.
[break][break]the last time he was here, they'd found a monster. who knew what would be around this time.
"oh," he entered the room to find someone already there, "sorry, were you waiting long?"
[break][break]
as he waits for a response, his espeon moves past him to wind around the other man's legs. marcel takes a quick glance around the room, checking if anything immediately stood out to him.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 21:38:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The sound of the door having been opened caught Asher's attention. He turned then, looking with a curious brow raised, and then let a smile that almost looked fond cross his features. What he was smiling at was not the help, but the beautiful creature that moved between his legs.

Knowing that the pokemon could sense his intentions and emotions, Asher simply allowed his adoration for the pokemon to ooze right out. Why? Because what pokemon didn't love to be adored? Namely a psychic pokemon, who could feel so much more.

"No, no." He took up a few things into his hands. "I've only just started. I know it may not seem that way, with everything I'm juggling here," he set a few things into the piles he'd started. "But, I promise, I really have just started."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 19:51:04 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]reassured, marcel moves deeper into the room. "oh, that's good." he catches his espeon looking particularly smug, and shoots it an exasperated look before getting to work on the opposite side of the room. close enough for conversation--it wasn't a particularly large room--but far enough that marcel felt confident his actions weren't being watched too closely.
[break][break]
still, he keeps a casual air as he swiftly examines anything of interest he gets his hands on, making sure to not to linger for more than a couple seconds. "you work here?" he throws out the question, curious.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 19:56:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Uh... no, actually." He let out a laugh, realizing how shady that sounded. "I'm covering for a friend."

That wasn't a total lie. He was covering, and he was sure that the one he was covering for would be a friend if presented to Asher. If only because Asher made friends by locking eyes with them, pretty much.

"You're a hired hand, aren't you? Through the trainer network?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 0:48:59 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]seemed like he wasn't the only one being pulled in for a favour. marcel continues to sort through the mess as he talks, though that his focus lies elsewhere is face well hidden. "nah, same as you," he answers, "few of the folks are regulars at my bookstore."
[break][break]
other than the second and only page of a draft paper, nothing in particular catches his eye. marcel shuffles the scrap papers in a pile he's mentally dubbed 'recyling'. without missing a beat, he continues, "you should give it a visit some time."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 13:26:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xyzbackground"]
[attr="class","xyzpic"]

[attr="class","xyzwords"]

A book store? Now that was interesting. People would never cease to surprise him.[break][break]

Asher gave an excited sort of grin at the idea of a good book store. His mind traveled to the last book he'd read. Many of the different myths and legends of the god like pokemon that supposedly shaped the world.[break][break]

"I'd love too, actually. Where are you located?"[break][break]

[attr="class","xyztag"][break]

tag.

[newclass=".xyzbackground] width: 300px; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #1b1b1b; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpic] margin: 0 auto; opacity: .8; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzpkmn] margin: 0 auto; text-align:center; margin-top: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzpkmn img] margin: -15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyzwords] text-align:justify; color: #aaa; font: 12px monospace; padding: 30px; text-indent: 1em; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords b] color: #809874; font-weight: normal; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h1] font: 14px monospace; font-style: italic; color: #809874; margin: 0px; display: inline; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2] display: inline; font: 13px monospace; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords h2::before] content:'✦ '; color: #809874; [/newclass]
[newclass=".xyzwords a] text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase!important; letter-spacing: 1px; font: 13px monospace!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".xyztag] border-top: solid 1px #aaaaaa; text-align: center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 19:56:32 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he responds with an easy grin. "slateport. i'll write the address down for you." it takes a few moments, but he manages to locate a pen amongst the clutter. taking one of the scrap sheets, he jots down the location of his store before tearing it off in a more or less straight line. "here."
[break][break]
more customers brought in more talk--whether directly to him, or overheard within the the walls of his store. even if he didn't find anything worthwhile today, perhaps this would lead to something.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 16:38:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Ah, yes, thank you."

Asher took the note and looked it over, giving a small hum. It wasn't an unfamiliar territory to him, he'd simply never caught eye of the shop. It made him wonder... why hadn't he? Probably too busy all the times he had passed it. But then again, unless it benefitted him, Asher wasn't the type to step into book stores.

"Have you been in Slateport City for very long?"

Why not strike up some conversation while he was organizing the room? Something to distract him from realizing he was doing really petty work when he could be doing something more constructive with his time.

spring cleaning mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:30:13 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel gives a quiet laugh at the question. "haven't been in hoenn for very long," he pauses, corrects himself, "well, not as long as some others. few months." it'd felt longer--time really did move quick.
[break][break]
he chucks a red pen into the pile he'd begun to gather. his espeon--who'd made his way over to marcel at some point during the conversation--tries to follow suit, lifting a number pens from the floor with PSYCHIC.
[break][break]
"and yourself?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 13:00:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher watches as the espeon gets to work. He'd bring out his own beheeyem then, the idea of the beheeyem being able to help had dawned on him before, but Asher had gotten distracted by a new face and forgotten to ask the thing for help.

As Freddy emerges from the luxury ball, his gem like eyes are still as his body rotates this way and that. His telepathy, that psychic link with his trainer, gives him the information needed to know what needs cleaned. That espeon is given a hearty hello from Freddy, the ever friendly beheeyem, before he starts organizing the stacks they've created, so they're not just an absolute mess.

"I've only been here a few weeks myself. It's a bit chaotic, politically speaking, but I'm sure it will be back on it's feet in no time... has your little shop been affected? I'd hate to visit and become too dangerously attached, only for the place to fall bankrupt."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:44:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he's plenty aware of the current situations of hoenn but, of course. marcel nods along solemnly, piping in when he's given the opening to speak. "the community's kind," he says, "i wouldn't be anywhere without my regulars." and if that ever fell through, well, he had some savings tucked away.
[break][break]
"what do you do? if you don't mind me asking." the man had already said he didn't work here, much like him.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:56:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I'm a teacher at the Pokemon Academy in Rustboro City."

The first occupation rolls out of his mouth without much thought. He doesn't stop there, though. Because he's very proud of both of his occupations.

"I'm also an investor."

Freddy gave a friendly twist and turn before floating toward the espeon and then back into the air a bit more. All while working with Asher. Multitasking was the beheeyem's favorite pass time.

- post 7/8

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:03:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"wow," marcel raises his eyebrows, "way to make me look bad." of course, he didn't have the time to be anything but self-employed, not when his priorities lay...elsewhere. not for the first time, marcel wonders what he may have become were circumstances different.
[break][break]
"oh!" a realisation comes to him. "i didn't introduce myself, did i?" marcel tidies away whatever he's holding to free up a hand to shake. "kosuke. kosuke sato."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:10:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Kosuke Sato."

Asher repeats the name in an attempt to remember it, eyes studying the face that's across from him as he takes the hand held out to him for a shake.

"I'm Asher Leivern. It's a pleasure."

With the mess mostly tidied, Asher gives his beheeyem a kiss on what could be considered its cheek before smiling to Kosuke.

"Seems we're all finished here... treat you to lunch? Or... dinner? I think it might be about that time."