thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 17:45:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]sunlight creeps in through the cracks in the blinds but that isn't what wakes him. it's the sensation of falling that jolts him awake. the dryness of his throat is what makes him cough. he peers down at where he had been lying to see a darker shade etched into the sheets. tired-eyes close for moments as he exhales and tries to calm his senses. he extends his hand that trembles over to the glass of water. there is comfort in knowing that it's always the same dream. not much comfort, but it's there.

knock, knock.

lance finds himself outside a quaint little classroom of a preschool. the hallways are clear of screaming children but that might be because it is a sunday morning; a fact that he only now realizes as he looks out at the empty hallway. he turns his head back when the door slides open, a smile present even before then.

"oh, good morning." she almost catches him off guard. "not sure why i sound surprised. anyways, the league sent me to help with some cleaning." he extends his hand out, formal and yet oddly personal at the same time.

"my name is lance."

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 19:12:12 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Thea is deep in thought when she hears the soft knocks at the door. In fact, she startles if only for a moment, the papers she's organizing in her binder slipping from her fingers. She catches them before they fall completely, tucking them into the binder and closing it temporarily.[break][break]

She opens the door to find a friendly face on the other side, but her surprise is expressed plainly on her face. He greets her and she dips her head, fingers slipping from the door to rest back at her side.[break][break]

"Good morning."[break][break]

It surprises her most that the League had assigned someone to help clean up the school - she had been more than willing to take care of it herself. For the most part, the Pokemon Academy was well-kept and clean. Private schools enforced cleanliness and impeccable organization, after all.[break][break]

"That is.. very kind of them, and of you. I appreciate it. My name is Miss Rhodes--- Thea."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 16:56:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he shouldn't be surprised. he shouldn't. but perhaps he was expecting someone else entirely different on the other side of the door. he remembers his preschool teacher as a thin and frail elderly woman with a heart too big for her body. to be met with anything but that is surprising.

"the pleasure is mine, thea." 

lance closes the door behind him as he steps in. his eyes curiously wander around the room, finding joy in how innocent everything is. it's oddly nostalgic.

"i'll be honest and say that my expertise isn't in cleaning, so please bear with me if i make any mistakes." he jests with a chuckle before turning around to face her. "do the league usually do this? send people to help clean, i mean."

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 17:06:24 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

As Thea studies his face, searching his expression, and finding genuine surprise and friendliness, she smiles. Though she has no idea what exactly has caused such an expression to glow on his features, she's amused nonetheless.[break][break]

She turns away and back to the binder, reopening it in favor of properly tucking the pages away. It would be a shame if someone picked it up and the contents weren't securely fastened. All of her time spent organizing it would be for nothing.[break][break]

The rings click closed and she smooths her hand over the plastic cover as Lance speaks.[break][break]

"There isn't honestly much to clean. I'm too painfully organized, I'm afraid this might be a boring opportunity for you."[break][break]

He turns to face her and she catches his eye. The expression she bears is genuine surprise before it falls into amusement. Her lips twitch into a slight smile.[break][break]

"Honestly, no, they don't. I didn't think the League worried about the organizational and cleaning habits of their prestigious schools. It's curious, but I do appreciate their concern nonetheless."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 18:42:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"i can see that." 

he comments on her remark, which he has no issues believing because the classroom looks impeccably clean, almost too clean to be that of a preschool classroom. where is the mess known to be caused by children? it's honstly impressive.

"their concern is most definitely misplaced. i mean if i were to help i'd only be making it dirtier."

normally he'd end up leaning on a nearby desk but it's difficult when most of the furniture is scaled down. he opts for standing instead as it seems more polite.

"are you sure you don't have anything i can help with? you have me for the whole afternoon, might as well put me to use."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 18:53:37 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea's gaze sweeps the already-clean classroom. She was quite fortunate to have been given a group of students who shared similar desire to keep their areas clean. There was, of course, young Jonathan, but the rest of the pupils were quick to pick up where he left off. [break][break]

That, or she was the type to unintentionally instill fear - which was entirely possible. Her stoicism and stiff posture could be considered threatening or unfriendly, even despite her smile. [break][break]

"Unless you've tracked mud in, I'm sure you won't do any harm."[break][break]

As she says this, however, her eyes glance down at his footwear, narrowing for only a moment as if suddenly she is concerned he might have tracked in dirt.[break][break]

She looks back to his face as he speaks, realization dawning on her face. It casts a glow in her eye, fortunately discarding the fleeting moment of embarrassment at his 'you have me for the whole afternoon, might as well put me to use' comment.[break][break]

"Actually - I could use your help in reaching something. One of my students tossed something behind one of the shelves. I'm afraid I cannot reach it myself. He's been sorely disappointed in me."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 19:00:18 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]lance thankfully does not have mud on his shoes, and so her momentary glance down to look at his shoes should relieve her concerns. he finds the notion cute but it's a thought he keeps to himself.

"ouch. what did you do to disappoint him?" 

and that is more so what he's familiar with. children being rowdy. children being emotional. children being children. he nods at her request and naturally looks around the room.

"which shelf?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 14:46:04 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

"He informed me that I'm too short."[break][break]

She chuckles quietly, shaking her head gently as she leads Lance to the shelf in question. It appears quite heavy, far too heavy for her to lift. There is a scuffed up and well-loved ball cap hidden away in the tight space between the shelf and the wall. Unfortunately, the hat is caught too high above her and she clearly cannot shove the shelf to her advantage.[break][break]

With a wave of her hand, Thea steps aside and furrows her brow slightly, indicating her muted frustration.[break][break]

"I believe he told me he was practicing his graduation cap toss. Perhaps a little too enthusiastically, given his hat is now stuck."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 17:57:38 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]too short. it garners a genuine chuckle from him as he follows her to the shelf. he takes a quick moment to examine it before deciding that he'd be able to lift it. as heavy as it might look, lance is never one to back down from a challenge.

"kid must have a great arm on him." 

it leaves absentmindedly, though not discarded, as he places his hands on the shelf. all it takes is a little energy and muscle and the shelf shifts enough to dislodge the cap. it quickly falls towards the ground, but is saved by lance's quick reaction to grab it. he nudges the shelf back to its original position soon after.

"for the record i think your height is just fine. you look great regardless." he approaches and the closer they get the more apparent their height difference is. it's almost amusing. he extends the cap over to her. "you should tell him you moved the shelf all by yourself. i'm sure that would win him over."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 11:34:24 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea muses over his comment. She hadn't actually seen the incident, so she couldn't be certain the boy had thrown the hat at all. Perhaps there was more foul play involved than she first suspected. The thought seems to distract her a moment while Lance shifts the shelf and fishes the hat out from behind it. [break][break]

She comes back to the present only when he offers the hat to her. Thea takes hold of it quietly, fingers smoothing over the stitched logo on the front. There's a bit of dust and cobweb residue on the bill.[break][break]

"My height? Oh.. I've never been too concerned. Women aren't generally expected to be tall."[break][break]

If he had been flirting she is unaware of it, perhaps too preoccupied with her thoughts to fully consider his words. She does, however, react with indignation to some extent when he suggests lying.[break][break]

"And lie to a student at such an impressionable age? Absolutely not."[break][break]

The moment passes as quickly as it arrives, however, and she clears her throat in an attempt to clear the air.[break][break]

"He will just expect me to replicate the steps taken to retrieve it - I'd prefer to not disappoint him."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 17:13:36 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he probably should have dusted off the dust and cobweb on the cap before handing it back to her. an oversight on his end, really. but he's already forgiven himself.

"i was paying you a compliment, thea. some call it flirting." 

whatever inidignation she might have reacted with goes over his head the same way his flirtatious comments did with her. he keeps a smile present on his features.

"either way, i'm sure he'll be happy to be getting his cap back." 

lance spares a quick glance around the classroom before returning his gaze to her. he tilts his head curiously as he asks:

"well, you still have me for the afternoon. let's get coffee."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 18:26:03 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea's eyes flash back up to his, surprise widening them as she listens to his comment. Flirting? With her? Her cheeks tinge pink as she opens her mouth to respond, but fails.[break][break]

"I-I see..."[break][break]

She glances away, a selfish attempt to sever the connection between them for a moment. The gesture he poses is overwhelming, beyond that, unexpected. It has been a long time since she's experienced or responded to anyone's forward attempts at courting.[break][break]

That... that was what this was, right? Asher had been forward in much the same manner, but his intentions were not as clear cut as she'd liked. She had been one pretty thing in a sea of many - and she preferred more commitment and loyalty than that.[break][break]

But then Lance poses a suggestion and she's mesmerized by the smile he bears. Her own stiffness and regality falters beneath his charm.[break][break]

"Coffee?" she parrots the thought, smoothing an invisible wrinkle on her dress. "Well... alright. That sounds nice, actually."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 18:33:13 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]she gives him an answer he expects her to and yet he still finds himself slightly surprised. he beams in response, nodding as he steps towards the door.

"good. after you." 

lance holds the door open for her and follows her when she steps through. the hallways are as empty as they were when he first arrived, and the privacy it gives them is something he appreciates.

"you're not from hoenn, are you?" he starts. "i noticed it from your accent. it's lovely."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 18:45:29 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

It takes him no time to reach for the door, expressing his delight so easily on his features. It coaxes a smile from her, in response, and she dips her head as she follows him. [break][break]

Her heels click against the glassy surface of the hallway outside of the classroom. The quiet doesn't bother her much in the same way the noise doesn't. She pauses when Lance speaks, highlighting the accent she carries. [break][break]

"Oh, no, no. I was born in Galar. They asked that I transfer here to teach in Lilycove, insisted, really."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:16:11 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"you're a long way from home." 

the hallway soon breaks into the main area of the school. he approaches the doors and holds one open for her again. the cool breeze that rolls past them is soothing as they step out into the streets of lilycove.

"i was asked to do the same for the league. i just arrived from sinnoh not too long ago." 

the streets stretch into a myriad of paths that make up the intricacy of lilycove. he still has difficulties navigating his way around the city, but he manages well enough to lead them towards a cafe.

"what's galar like? i've been meaning to visit but never found the time to."