mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:31:02 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The smile she bears is a little bit sad for a moment, the twinge of homesickness making her pause in her thoughts.[break][break]

"Yes, I am."[break][break]

However, she seems to shirk the feeling easily. This was, after all, her choice. Pursuing this career had been her life dream, even if it meant giving up familiarity in Galar. She couldn't excel if she didn't pursue her dream.[break][break]

Besides, Hoenn hadn't treated her badly... yet.[break][break]

"From Sinnoh?"[break][break]

Concern wears a wrinkle between her brows but is once again dismissed quickly. [break][break]

"Galar is beautiful, as I'm sure anyone would say about their own home region. Less hot and humid, but a lot more rain."[break][break]

It doesn't take them long to stumble upon a coffee shop nearby. Lilycove had been easy to map out in her mind, perhaps she had been the one doing the guiding. Regardless, the smell of coffee is strong and reassuring. [break][break]

A guilty pleasure, perhaps.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:50:00 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the concept of being homesick is foreign to lance for his own personal reasons. he wishes he could relate, wishes he could understand the reason behind the sadness in her smile. but he doesn't, and he's not sure if he ever will.

"from sinnoh. twinleaf, to be exact." 

the concern she wears goes unnoticed, or perhaps ignored, as they near the cafe. "galar sounds beautiful. i'll have to visit someday." the earthy scent of fresh coffee fills the air of the room and he relishes it.

"this is a nice place," he notes as he approaches the counter. he orders his drink after she does. "my treat."

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 2:54:13 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea has always had the ability to suppress less favorable emotion while focused on something else. Her homesickness comes as a surprise merely because he had brought it up. Her duty was to her students. She was a bit of a hard-ass about that.[break][break]

"I've never been to Sinnoh. This is the first time I've ever seen anything but the wild areas in Galar. Though, Hoenn does seem to have her own mystery and... danger."[break][break]

The young man behind the counter is quick to prepare Thea's order - prompting the suggestion that she is a regular. He's even busily clearing off the table by the window she tends to sit at. It makes her smile, despite the slight shake of her head.[break][break]

"It's close to the school and it's quiet. The employees are sweet as well."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 3:17:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]sinnoh is sinnoh. sure, there are things about it that make it it unique, but at the end of the day it is just another region. he holds no sentiments towards it and though some might call him strange for it, he has his own reasons for feeling that way.

"hoenn does. it's actually one of the reasons why they relocated me over." 

the speed the young man behind the counter is moving at suggests that he knows her order well. he assumes it's because she's a regular. "that they are." nodding his gratitude to the young man, he takes a sip of his own coffee before setting it down on the table. he takes a moment to peer out the window.

"how long have you been here?"

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 3:30:57 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

There's a note of concern in her placid expression. It did not sit well that Hoenn was in such dire straits. [break][break]

"Just.. be careful."[break][break]

As she retrieves her coffee and they make their way to the small booth by the window, she finds herself watching the passersby outside. Her hand wraps around the warm cup.[break][break]

Her gaze returns to study his face with idle curiosity when he asks her a question. He seems to have many of them, a genuine curiosity in her that she can't seem to wrap her head around.[break][break]

"A few months, they're hoping I might stay on permanently."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 4:22:23 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]be careful. such a sentiment is oddly intimate in a way that catches him by surprise. he realizes she had not intended it to be but no one has expressed genuine concern in the way she just did. it's odd, unfamiliar, but soothing. he offers her a warm smile and decides it best to leave it at that.

"and will you?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 5:08:26 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

The sentiment leaves her lips and it wouldn't be until much later that she'd come to realize what an intimate comment that might have been. Her warmth exudes naturally, it had been an innocent exchange. [break][break]

Instead, she's drawn in by his warm smile and hesitates before returning it with her own. Such familiarity between strangers is unheard of, and yet he responds so naturally, offering her kindness and genuine praise without being asked. She's like a magnet.[break][break]

"Maybe. This has been a very prestigious position for me - something I didn't expect. I'd be a fool to turn it down or walk away."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 6:47:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"you should stay." 

his response escapes him almost too naturally as he meets her gaze. there is weight behind his words but its intentions he leaves up to her to decide. he brings the cup to his lips and takes a sip before setting it back down.

"tell me about the kids you teach."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 14:29:34 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hmm?"[break][break]

Her eyes widen once again in surprise, the motion to lift her drink to her lips temporarily halted. For whatever reason, his encouragement for her to stay embeds an unfamiliar warmth in her chest. It's because of this that she clears her throat and glances away. There's heat in her cheeks.[break][break]

"I-I'll think about it."[break][break]

Fortunately, Lance turns the conversation around to a different area of her work. Something easier for her to talk about, hopefully.[break][break]

"They're smart and as much of a handful as the next - maybe more. Their parents pay a great deal of money for them to be well-educated, but they're still the same kids. If a little more entitled. But they're so young, I get to meet them before they turn into unbearable teenagers."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 15:32:44 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he is only perceptive when he wants to be, when something of interest keeps him. in this case it's her. he watches her reaction, watches how there is a temporary halt to lift her drink to her lips. she clears her throat in an attempt to find composure, and by the end of it he's left with a clearer picture.

"good." 

she talks of the children she teaches and he finds himself listening with more curiosity than he originally thought he would. he nods at every interval, holds his gaze, and chuckles at the end of it.

"you have the opportunity to guide them down the right path in life. it is an amazing gift, and it's one that i sometimes wish i possess. but unfortunately i'm not much of a teacher." 

he takes a moment to take another sip of his drink before continuing. 

"who's your favorite?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 16:16:52 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

It's his full attention that catches her off guard more than she's used to. He watches her, smiles, nods as she speaks. Instead of speaking to the brick walls that tend to be her coworkers, who were more preoccupied with their own affairs than with anything she had to say, this man was actually listening.[break][break]

Despite her proper posture and her habit of keeping herself reserved or closed-off, she finds herself peeling away the stiffness in favor of warm cheeks and a twinkle of relaxation in her gaze. For the first time in a while, it seems she's enjoying herself.[break][break]

"It is a gift, isn't it? And it's what I enjoy, educating the next generation of trainers. Even if they stray from the path I'm setting them up for, I'm teaching them how to be the people they want to be later in life. It makes me happy."[break][break]

She does, however, blink in surprise and shake her head at his question.[break][break]

"All of them, equally. Teacher's don't take favourites - they all deserve my full attention and care."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 16:27:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he rarely reminisces on the past but what she says has him entertaining the thought. where would he be if he had attended a trainer school? would he still be in the league? in hoenn? would he still have to live through that? her words save him from his thoughts.

"that sounds rehearsed, like something you'd say to their parents. wish i could believe you, thea." 

her response is amusing and he finds himself chuckling at it. he raises the cup to his lips and tilts his head soon after. the grin that plasters his face is telling.

"come on! a name definitely popped into your head. you can trust me. i won't tell."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 16:36:19 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

There's a faraway look in his eyes and Thea observes it quietly. For a moment, she muses over where he's gone, even while she speaks. Reading faces, emotions behind the closed doors of one's eyes.. it's something she's become good at. Children are easier to read, their faces and intentions unable to hide anything. Adults are difficult, practiced. [break][break]

"I--"[break][break]

She makes the effort to assure him that she isn't lying, but he's pressuring her to admit a name. He's grinning and her attention is drawn to it, to his charisma, to his allure.[break][break]

For a moment, then, she hesitates, suddenly aware of how she doesn't want to disappoint him. He's looking for an answer, somehow, he's been able to see through her own practiced, perfected facade. How?[break][break]

"Lily. She's timid and shy - but it's the shy ones who show the most promise. She's excelled at every lesson except the hands-on."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 17:30:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]and there it is: a name, a story; he revels knowing he has broken through her facade, one that was particularly tough to crack.

"let me meet her." 

it almost escapes as a joke and if anyone else had said it then maybe it would be one. but there's a look in his eyes and in the way he presents himself that says he means it.

"it might be good for her to talk to someone with experience. i used to be quite timid and shy too, so i can relate in a way."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 17:39:58 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

That isn't the only reason she's fond of the girl - but that is something she doesn't even admit to herself. [break][break]

Thea's eyes narrow slightly, her body reclines. He phrases the statement in a way that might have sounded insincere or joking. But she's adept enough at reading people to know that he's serious. Her hypothesis is solidified when he elaborates.[break][break]

"I'm sure there are other teachers in the academy who could help her. I appreciate the offer, but I don't know you and your involvement would be inappropriate."[break][break]

She sips her coffee slowly.[break][break]

"And I'm not sure I believe you, either, Lance. You don't seem the timid and shy type."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay