business as usual. [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 14:30:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ashbash"]Why was he there? Overseeing work that typically he'd have no hand in? Because it was required for the job. Asher had no real interest in watching pokemon get shipped off against their will. However, business was business.

After walking into the warehouse, with Daisy at his side, Asher put his glasses into his breast pocket and smirked at his contact.

"Evening."

He gave a charming greeting because he knew no other way to meet his clients. He even outstretched a hand.

"Asher Leivern, bank behind the operation."

[newclass=.ashbash] [/newclass][newclass=.ashbash b] font: bold 15px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 14:49:46 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the smell of acrid smoke follows dominic like a ghost. he knows it's all in his head - for this moment, the warehouse is empty save him, his houndoom, and the crates with capsules containing thousands of pokedollars worth of stolen pokemon.

he hears footsteps and turns, eyes narrowing at the newcomer's smirk. he thinks he knows this type of man and it not so much puts him on edge but it does force a grating sigh from his lungs.

when he speaks, dominic's gaze sweeps him up and down as though appraising him, and then settles on the outstretched hand. he takes it, his grip slightly more forceful than probably needed.

"dominic sinclair, procurer. you know the terms? 50% now and 50% on delivery."

he inclines his head to look at asher's houndoom with the same evaluating glance. "nice."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 17:35:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ashbash"]
Daisy simply sat beside her trainer, tail curled, looking at the other houndoom and using every ounce of her self control not to go and try to play with the other canine. He looked like he could wrestle well, and she loved a good squabble.

"Her horns are a bit short," Asher began his complaint before shrugging his shoulder with a smile. "But she makes up for it in loyalty and spunk."

Removing his gaze from the hounds, he brought his eyes back to the man before him. Dominic Sinclair, a man of many rumors, and ... well he looked delicious if Asher were to be honest. He wasn't asked, so he simply let his eyes speak for themselves.

"Fifty now and fifty then was the agreed upon arrangement. Wouldn't want to go changing it now."

[newclass=.ashbash] [/newclass][newclass=.ashbash b] font: bold 14px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 18:46:00 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic catches the way asher's gaze lingers and responds with a quirk of his lips, a razor-sharp half-smile. now this is interesting - and the man has money.

"great. this your first time having a hand in the business? i'll show you to the shipmaster at the docks," dominic says, jerking his head behind him.

"that's who the money goes to. the rest will need to be sent when the shipment reaches johto."

at the eye contact with its counterpart, dominic's houndoom tenses and bares its teeth in a silent snarl. unwilling to deal with a tantrum, dominic recalls it with a flick of the wrist. not like the pokemon would be much help actually carrying the crates.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 19:12:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]It wasn't Asher's first step into business in general, but it was his first step in Hoenn's underground business and he definitely appreciated a very pretty face showing him around.

Daisy followed obediently behind Asher and made quite the face when the other houndoom seemed to become rather unhinged.

Once having met the shipmaster, and paying him of course, he turned to Dominic and smirked.

"I appreciate the discretion." Which wasn't a lie, but also, he didn't quite want to leave the dock yet. "In regards to my identity remaining hidden."

Otherwise, the whole operation would be called to a halt because Asher and his money would disappear rather quickly.

/ mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 19:34:45 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 Dominic’s role in the exchange is simple; supervise, facilitate, ensure it all goes as intended and Rocket gets its cut. His mere threat is meant to be an implicit threat, but money is exchanged and everyone fulfils their part.

Standing with Asher at the docks, Dominic becomes acutely aware of the fact that dealing with their sponsors, striking deals and the like, had been something he never had a hand in even when he was underboss. In sum, Dominic spoke with violence and lacks his counterpart’s refined tact. He regards him for a moment through half-lidded eyes before speaking.

"Of course," Dominic says slowly, and then he continues as though trying to piece together words from a script. "I hear you’ve been very generous and I’m sure our administration wouldn’t want to lose you."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 19:42:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The lazy eyes and tone gave Dominic away immediately. Asher was very amused by it all and showed as much with a smile that reflected his entertained emotion. Though it was not a mockery of a tone or expression and Asher was sure to make that known.

"I'm going to assume you're not usually on this end of the bargain, hm?"

Nobody who was getting paid enough would be so blatantly bored at a job unless they had taken it not realizing it wasn't for them. And from the looks of things, Dominic liked... something... maybe a bit... more? Rough, perhaps? He seemed a biter--

...er, fighter.

/ poke-trafficking mission

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font-size: 13px;
font-weight: normal; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:05:48 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "I collect the Pokemon," Dominic says with a thin smile. Whether it be hauling them from their natural habitats through force or breaking them out of a Pokemon Center - that’s closer to his area of expertise, and it shows.

He fixes Asher with a meaningful glance and inclines his head to the side slightly. "And if things get messy…" Dominic trails off, raising a shoulder in a half-shrug.

"I just make sure I- we get what we want. I’m guessing you’re the same."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:12:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]They were so the same that Asher was also just sticking around to make sure he got with he-- they wanted.

"Very much so. Just here to make sure things run smoothly. Wouldn't want to hear about how everything fell apart the moment my presence was absent."

There was also a distrust that Asher showed in his words, but it wasn't meant as a scorn against the men he was currently partnered with. It was simply inexperience with the men and Asher's unfortunate tendency to be curious. He wanted to see who he was working with in person. Oversee everything they did to know how it would go, a general idea, the next time.

"I might also be sticking around for a far more selfish reason."

Asher's tone grew a bit more gentle, so not everybody around could hear, only Dominic could hear.

"I find your company very enticing. This 'dark and brooding, could bite you if you wanted' vibe you have flowing off of you in ripples has snatched the metaphorical chain of my attention."

/ poke trafficking mission

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
business as usual. [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:59:21 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 somehow, he manages to suppress his surprise.

expression impassive for a long moment, dominic inclines his head backwards, chin jutting forward and eyes narrowed - contemplative. he takes in leivern’s attire, mulls over the ease with which he just parted with money. in truth, he sees an opportunity in a suit.

his gaze flickers back up to make eye contact and the corner of his lips jerks into a ghost of a smile, enough to show the point of his teeth. he can do much worse than bite.

"tell you what," he drawls. "i’m open to hearing more about what you can offer. over drinks. on your tab."

they trace their steps back down the docks and through the warehouses. later, he’ll drink his fill, and later still, he’ll wonder how he got here.