POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 4:23:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-star"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]vincent lucario

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina ribombee

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]fenrir noivern

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]terra aerodactyl

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

The moment he had mentioned the accursed move, he almost backed away at the sound of the loud, angry, spitting hissing noise that the Seviper made. “Wh—whoa,” he began, tilting his head in the direction of the Pokémon she had with her. “What’s got her so upset…”[break][break]

Leaving a few moments of silence so she could explain the Seviper’s irrational behavior at the mention of said Fairy Lock, he then plowed on.[break][break]

“Look—look,” he began once more, holding up both his hands in the universal ‘please calm down’ pose. “I’m on your side—no need to get so upset over this,” he went on.[break][break]

“All I know is that… after what you told me, whoever may have gotten hit by the Sludge Wave attack took it the wrong way and lashed out at you,” he attempted to explain.[break][break]

At the same time, though, it bothered him.[break][break]

“Do you… do you remember what any of them look… like?” he asked. Maybe it was a good thing he’d gone there in disguise after all. He’d seen the videos online, and the way they were spreading was out of control…[break][break]

Thank fuck for me going there in disguise, really… he continued to himself in the back of his mind.

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 208; yikes

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 4:54:37 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

"Sorry, I don't think Hema liked that trap move...any of the traps, but that one was awful." It had nearly gotten them impaled by branches and made them get separated. She hadn't even gotten to the roots thanks to the move stalling them. "She's fine now, I'm guessing she's still mad at who did that." [break][break]

Looked like? Kaida's face, already tightly wound up, only got more so as she rubbed at her face, shaking her head, "...It's crazy, but no." She continued on, averting her eyes in what was clearly an embarrassing or humiliating subject for her, "I don't remember things like that...in a day, I won't be able to say how you look." An unfortunate side effect of living without human contact for an unknown amount of her youth, and one she loathed she explain until necessary, "If they talked, I would have remembered how they sounded, but they didn't. One had a Braivery, a big one, I remember that...and my side burns, must have been a fire-type that attacked me. Sorry." She nonchalantly brought up the phantom pain, considering it in depth. It was amazing what her mind chose to remember. Legend has it Houndoom's fire burns forever. What nonsense.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Kaida.

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 17:38:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

At the mention of a Braviary, he blanched for a few moments. Alexei always made it a point not to involve his two best Pokémon whenever he went out on dangerous stints like this, and his own brows knit together out of concern as she described what had happened to the best of her abilities.[break][break]

“Do you at least remember… how many people you saw on that Braviary?” he inquired softly. Maybe it was divine providence he’d decided to leave Kyouya behind and bring a different bunch of Pokémon with him instead. Maybe it was that same foresight that had warned him to go to the scene of the incident in costume so he wouldn’t be seen.[break][break]

Doing some quick math in his head with regards to Braviary sizes, he then looked right at her.[break][break]

“On average, a Braviary can reach almost five feet tall and their wing span is long enough to carry themselves across the skies while bearing the weight of up to two fully-grown humans without breaking a sweat,” he recited.[break][break]

“There are some size differences when it comes to their age, but… you mentioned that this Braviary is much larger than normal, I mean, you’ve seen my Braviary outside, correct?”[break][break]

He then sunk into a contemplative silence as he processed the new information that Kaida had told him about.[break][break]

A few moments later he looked up, as if struck by inspiration, before deflating again.[break][break]

“Shame you weren’t able to catch sight of any of them… I may have been able to ask Selena if she recognized any of the people you noticed on the Braviary,” he mused quietly.

word count: 272; inferences

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 17:54:40 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

That was something she could remember, "One. There was also a Pokemon." With how fast the situation had gone down, she didn't actually get a chance to identify the Pokemon, not enough time. As the questions continued, she tilted her head, shrugging momentarily, "It felt big in a way that was strong, I'm not even sure it was that much bigger than others. It carried the others without issue, and broke through the ceiling like it was nothing...that didn't feel that normal, but I thought it was strong, so I tried to jump on." She had seen the Braviary outside, and added her own opinion, "I haven't seen Braivery often, but they didn't feel as strong as that one...sorry, I'm sure they're powerful too." [break][break]

She briefly deflated as well, only offering a small hope, though clearly one she didn't believe in, "I think it was a man...but that might have been a disguise, so couldn't tell you apart from tour disguise." All she had was recognition of Pokemon and voices, and that wasn't truly helpful if they could hide Pokemon in Pokeballs.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 19:12:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“So I wasn’t the only one in disguise, then?” he inquired, pondering if his guess was true. Tapping a finger on his cheek, he sighed as well. “Well, now you know my crossdressing secret… can I trust you to keep it?”[break][break]

To be fair, there were several other people who knew—one of which had been at the incident that had gone down recently. The other, he hadn’t said ‘hello’ to in quite a while, so that had to be corrected.[break][break]

The fact remained that the information she had given was plenty enough to start searching; the problem was actually finding the mentioned Pokémon. Who knew how many people owned a Braviary in this region asides from him? There were bound to be several…[break][break]

“We’ll find out who did this to you—the thing is, we have to be careful. Who knows what the hell we’re going to find if we start poking around and we get ourselves into something that would go way over our heads, he suggested a few moments later.[break][break]

“Would you be alright with that?” he asked.

word count: 181; plans made?

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:30:23 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"Probably not...either people who didn't want to be hurt by their faces being recognized, or people who didn't want anyone to know they were there." Both could either be their enemies or allies, so that was useless. "If you need another disguise, that one was very good...I don't think there's a reason for me to tell anybody." A burst of whimsy guided her next words, "You looked just fine in that disguise, it would be a shame to not use it again." [break][break]

She shrugged, as if the concept of being harmed for digging deeper was a small side-effect of this conversation, "It'll be a little different from a Ranger job, I'll be hurt if I fail...just a little bit more dangerous, I suppose, we'll be hunting a human, not a Pokemon." [break][break]

"You care very much for someone I never met. They hurt me, but you're treating it like they did something awful to me. Why?" An attack on a Ranger showed quite a bit of boldness, but it wasn't like they had done something unforgivable to her, right?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:06:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

He felt a faint flush of color rise to his cheeks as his disguise was mentioned.[break][break]

“I have several other coats, however it’s the pink one I’m partial to, if I’m being honest,” he began with a chuckle and a wave. “I even have Pokémon specifically for the disguise, so as I’m not so obvious with the Pokémon that people normally see me with.”[break][break]

That was one of the reasons why, even if he really wanted a Noivern, a Salamence and a Braviary with him when he was out and about dressed up as Irina, he had avoided the familiarity. It would be a dead giveaway.[break][break]

“Either one or several, I don’t know. I’ll have to concur with Selena if she knows anything. Make it a three-way exchange of information. I mean, you know she’s a journalist, right?” he supplied, hoping the woman knew who he was talking about.[break][break]

It was at that point his eyebrows furrowed together in a sign of concern.[break][break]

“Awful… they… well, you see,” he stammered, taking a deep breath as he felt something unpleasant rising inside him. “You—you weren’t just hurt. After we all left the explosion radius, you… you died. The flames… I tried—well, Irina’s… mine… oh, you know, our Florges tried to heal you, along with Selena’s Audino… but all we did was erase the burn marks on your… on your body,” he got out in fits and starts.[break][break]

Arceus, this was going to be terrible for him to relive all over again.

word count: 252; and the truth becomes clear

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:42:49 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I'm probably not as lucky as you." Kaida sighed, "The only way I could have been more obvious is if I brought my Ekans." Scaled, poisonous creatures might as well have screamed that Kaida was here. [break][break]

"I know about Selena, we put out a cave fire together, I think she was there to report it." Her voice rose as if the memory was a fond one, a reporter actually there to help and see what was happening, who would have thought? "She has to know too, I don't exactly know, um, news or people that well." The more help from people she actually trusted, the better. [break][break]

Kaida's stomach churned as Alexei spoke of her dying, the familiar nauseousness that accompanied her pain in her memories. Still, while she quieted and her face started to drain of color, her next words displayed a lack of understanding, even now. "So I died, my heart stopped? Who revived me?" She couldn't think of her actual death like it actually happened, even with it right in front of her face. Even with the memory of waking in what she knew was a morgue, she wouldn't pick the most obvious conclusion, that her death had been intended to be permanent, unshakable. [break][break]

Because this wasn't a story like she enjoyed, a monstrous change that was impossible. Besides, if that was the case, why hadn't the Pokemon revived? It couldn't possibly be her life was any more important.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:30:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Which is why we reach out to her first, and then inquire further if she has any other information asides from what you’ve given me so far,” he said with a nod afterward.[break][break]

“What good would be going on a wild goose chase if we don’t even know who or what the hell we’re chasing after?” he added with a chuckle.[break][break]

When she inquired for more details about what had happened to her, Alexei paled at the thought.[break][break]

“All—all I remember is that… there was a big fire. I’m—I’m not sure if it was an attack on you directly, or some kind, but—the heat haze was too… too close, too hot. I know that my Pelipper tried to put out the fire with its Drizzle ability, but it was too hot to handle,” he went on, his voice shaking a little.[break][break]

“After… after we got out, we—that is, Selena and me—we brought you off to one side. We—we thought at first that… that you had just passed out. Guess… guess we were… wrong,” he added quietly after a few moments, blinking to rid his line of sight of the blood-soaked clothing she had on away from his vision. The stench of blood still hung heavily around his nostrils.[break][break]

Was he hallucinating?[break][break]

“Your—your Seviper was… staring, at you. And I think, your… your G-grovyle? Y-yes, a Grovyle… panicked. The wounds… the wounds were… were so d-d-deep, and I-I-I… I h-h-hadn’t seen s-s-so… so much b-b-b-blood, in my life… he stammered.

Arceus, he was losing his cool.

word count: 258; care to guess what Alexei is really scared of?

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 1:08:36 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"We can't waste our energy hunting if we will fail." She agreed easily with Alexei, lots of a hunt was knowing what exactly you were looking for, and the habits of the prey. They also needed to know exactly how dangerous it would be...until that point, Kaida assumed maximum danger, engage only when certain. It was the only logical action. [break][break]

He looks like Hema. Alexei's distress only became more and more apparent, flowing through the room along with his words like a wave rapidly filling the room. [break][break]

Kaida deigned to try and not touch others, on a certain principle of hers. Not that she disliked it. If she never could read a room properly, how could she ever figure out when a touch was inappropriate? She saved it for Pokemon, who she could read. [break][break]

That principle did nothing to stop her from starting forward and attempting to place a hand at Alexei's shoulder, ready to cringe away if repulsed. Comforting people was foreign to her, but she found a sympathetic touch usually worked on Pokemon. "Stop. I heard enough." Extreme blood loss, burns, and healing moves did not work, so she could assume her heart stopped...that, didn't sound survivable...and she had waken in a morgue...[break][break]

"H-Hema...what he said, it's correct?" The Seviper startled, nodding after a moment, staring as the surreal words filled the air, "Blood loss, alot?" Her hands twitched in movement, spelling out a brief message: Fatal? Hema nodded. "At least 5 minutes?" She nodded, now Kaida's breath caught in her throat, a wild fear falling into place as the burning sensation snaked across her sides. Heart, spine, lungs. She had woken in a morgue. "I died...really died." Even if she survived, she wouldn't be walking like this, it would be hard to imagine her mind would still be unbroken. [break][break]

As if to fill in the blanks Alexei couldn't know, she spoke unbelievably, "I woke up at the morgue in the morning. Why-how did I wake up?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 4:14:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

He hadn’t heard her comments, having gotten too absorbed with the mental image that was unfolding in his mind’s eye. It was too… it paled in comparison when you really did see a dead body. That much was certain.[break][break]

He tried to control his breathing however he found that he couldn’t, at least until he felt a soft, if somewhat hesitant touch linger on his shoulder. While he was so out of it to notice that Kaida had actually come closer to initiate physical contact, the gesture was a kind one all the same.[break][break]

Sometime had passed and he had eventually recovered, back to some form of actual semblance of a human being before he looked up and pondered on her next question.[break][break]

“If—if I knew what had happened to you, then… then honestly, I would have… well, if I knew the answer to that, I would definitely let you know right away…” he stammered once more. Indeed, how had she woken up without a single trace of the burn wounds?[break][break]

He knew that third-degree burn wounds run very deep, but… it was like she had not burned up in the first place… which made this all the more confusing.

word count: 201; rip this cinnamon roll

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 4:45:09 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

He had no answer for her. It was a stupid question to ask though. Probably better to ask a doctor at that hospital, or a scientist. She wondered if they would test everything another time. The thought was miserable, but at least she'd know what exactly the test was for! [break][break]

"The tree? Maybe?" She shrugged, "I never saw this happen before, but a little weird that a giant tree appears and I come to life again very close to each other. Maybe. We'll figure it out." She had the presence of mind to pull away from Alexei at this point, crossing her arms in an attempt to occupy them. He seemed to calm down a little, she didn't want to overstay her welcome. "Did anybody realize anything about the tree in the end? I wasn't...around." She understood Illeana and Fernando were present, so perhaps they had actually managed a breakthrough, or at least gathered some kind of information.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 1:03:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“It could be, but… then again… he trailed off, getting lost in thought for a few moments. He wondered about the mythos, the stories about other… ‘legendaries’ in places besides Hoenn and Unova. The ones from Hoenn he’d heard thanks to a friend of his somewhere—the Unova ones were too close to his heart since that was the region of his birth.[break][break]

The three Djinni… but no… that’s not them. It’s impossible… he thought as he tapped another finger on his cheek, evidently lost in thought at that point.[break][break]

“Has anyone mentioned when the tree first appeared? Because I could swear before the contest was announced… there was no gigantic tree of that size and shape growing in Littleroot,” he postulated a few moments later. “That much I’m certain of… it’s not every day a giant tree would grow from out of nowhere…[break][break]

His mind hearkened back to the only gigantic tree he knew of; the one in the City Ringed by Stars—the home of his Ranger friend. But he was certain that other tree had been planted way before he had arrived in Hoenn all those years ago, so…[break][break]

It was just—really confusing.[break][break]

“Not at the moment, I believe,” he replied in response to her last question. “Not even us Gym Leaders have access to that much information. I’d have to ask him, he’s slightly higher than me in terms of rank…”

word count: 236; theories upon theories upon theories

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 1:28:54 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida was no stranger to stories. Legends. Fairy Tales. Nothing concrete, and nothing historical. With all the transformations, all the magic, all the mystical connections, there was never a resurrection quite like this, or even a tree like this. She was lost, plain and simple. [break][break]

"It sounds like it came out of nowhere or grew suddenly. Someone would have gotten to the tree before...but we didn't see it till now, and they put a building around it." She shook her head as she spat the last words. Such a pointless, pointless thing to do. It was a wonder it didn't lash out beforehand. [break][break]

"We're just guessing now." She grumbled, aware they were reaching the end of their rope, they couldn't know anymore than they did. "Tch, all this isn't even what I came to talk to you about." How this had become a conversation about her death, a tree beyond even legends, she didn't know, but she had even more reason to finish what she came to do. "I came to thank you, even if I was ki-died...you did save me, who knows? I might have stayed dead if you and Selena didn't grab me." Her head was bowed, her words sincere and clear. As far as she was concerned, her life was still saved.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Recuperate [S/C]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 1:39:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Maybe it was divine providence I was at the right place, at the right time—although I was in disguise and you didn’t know that until today, he said with a small smile on his face.[break][break]

“I’ll be sure to let Selena receive your gratitude as well when I contact her about this debacle after we’re done talking,” he added a few moments later.[break][break]

Which, by the way…[break][break]

“You have her contact number, right?” he inquired a few moments later before rummaging around in his pockets and finding a card for the Sanctuary proper. Spinning the card slightly between his fingertips, he then passed it to her.[break][break]

“In case you need to contact me, here’s my number,” he offered as he gave the card to her.

word count: 126; exchange