golden days [open/battle]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 23:52:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It had been a long time—longer than Cap cared to admit—since he'd been in an actual Pokemon battle. It'd never really been his style, to be fair. But he was long out of practice, and the events in Kanto and Johto had made him especially aware of the usefulness of Pokemon and the necessity of being able to utilize them. Still, he was nervous. He had a passing hope that a more experienced Rocket would come by and give him some pointers; he'd put up flyers, after all. He wasn't entirely sure how else to find a battling partner. As he waited impatiently in the training center, Cap began to feel a little silly.

@tag
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 0:10:40 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

The incident at the contest left Katherine scarred.

Not physically, of course. She was fine in that aspect. Frankly, she was alright emotionally too - but she was constantly bothered. An official endorsement or not, that type of acknowledgment from Rocket didn't come for free. New tasks, more ways she could better herself, more policing her. It got annoying very fast. And if one thing was true about Katherine - is that she didn't handle her anger and rage well.

The violet-haired Rocketess found herself in the training quarters at some point, mainly due to the fact that she'd been trying to avoid a couple of people. They wouldn't look for her here, she imagined.

Alas, she is not as fortunate as she wanted to believe. Someone was already here.

"..You don't mind if I hide here, do you?"

tags:
notes: ---

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 16:22:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Someone else found their way into the training center and Cap tensed, waiting for... well, something. Their eyes were supposed to lock in epic drama or something, right? Instead, she seemed troubled. His face fell. This wasn't the intense challenger Cap had pumped himself up for, and for a moment he was left floundering.

"Y-yeah, of course," he said, leaning to look out the doorway to make sure no one was following her. "I was just waiting for someone. Are you okay?" He couldn't keep the concern out of his voice. Cap had to remind himself that he didn't know this woman—despite the fact that they were both members of the same organization—and that meant no prying questions. Or, at least, not too many prying quetsions.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 20:50:04 GMT

[]

"Thanks. I owe you one."

She already felt relieved and grateful, just enough to forget about what she was escaping from. For now, at this moment and in this room, she was safe. Her worries have been left outside along with those who caused them and searched for her.

"And yes, I am fine. It's not a big deal." Katherine pulls her shoulders backward into a shrug, "Who exactly are you waiting for?" When she least felt comfortable answering a question, she simply replied with a question of her own. Deflecting at its finest. And then, from the corner of her eyes, a particular flyer is noticed. Or rather-- the date written on it. Her eyes narrow as she tries to read the contents of it to the best of her ability.

"Wait... Is it about this thing?"

Brisk steps bring her to the board where the flyer had been hanged, and she rips it off from there - showcasing it to Caprice. She thought to herself that much like her, maybe he hadn't noticed it until now either.

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 3:02:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Well, I wasn't waiting for anyone in particular—" he started, but she was already looking toward the flyer he'd placed in the training room itself. Cap couldn't keep the wince off his face. "Yeah, that's the thing. It seems kind of silly now that I'm standing here just kind of... waiting for someone to show up." It was somehow even more embarrassing now that the flyer was back in his line of sight. He had enough friends, he could have called any of them up for a proper battle. Or, hell, he could have wandered around in the back routes looking for one of those too-intense people who insisted on fighting strangers.

Shit, he was one of those people now, wasn't he?

He swallowed hard. "I've been out of practice on the battle front for a while. Longer than I'd like to say." Something in him had to believe that over-explaining things would improve her certainly terrible opinion of him. "I don't know why I put flyers up, I gotta be honest. I just moved to Hoenn not too long ago and I haven't really made too many connections yet—" Lies, lies, lies. "So I figured maybe I could make it a combination fighting practice and... social mixer?" Nailed it. A flush started to creep up his neck, but he had to laugh anyway. "No one else has shown up."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 3:40:12 GMT

[]

"It does seem pretty silly."

Kat is blunt as always— no one should expect anything else from an adult brat like her. "I mean, you know. This isn't exactly the best place to look for new friends. I could count the number of people who would be interested in a social mixer with one hand. Hell, I'd probably even use less than five fingers." She wasn't cutting him any slack.

"With that said..."

A smile tugged at her lips. Turning down a good fight with a somewhat-okay person seemed awful in comparison to her alternatives for today.

"I am all you need, trust me."

She is confident and sure of herself as ever, "My name is Katherine by the way. You don't have to tell me yours if you don't feel like it— but I have to warn you, I will come up with a nickname if you don't give me some name." A pair of Pokeballs is retrieved from her bag. The button at the middle of each of them is pressed lightly, shooting forth a red beam that allows two of her partners to materialize: a particularly tall Malamar, and a shiny Vespiquen.

"Two versus two. Does that sound cool?"

tags:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:57:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap's sheepish grin only grew as she talked. He gave a half-hearted shrug as if to pass off the blame. Usually he was good with people, and truth be told that's what he'd been leaning on. If anyone had showed up looking for the battle, he'd just do what he always did: turn on the charm. Well... the "charm". Fuck, he would have figured it out, right?

"I'm Caprice Isaac," he said with a grin. "Most folks call me Cap, but you better believe I'm here for a dope nickname. Or a shitty one, I've had my fair share of both." He followed her lead, pulling two Pokeballs out of his jacket pocket. The flash of red light faded to reveal a Pikachu dwarfed by a robust Nidoqueen. Nemesis curled a fist and pounded her other palm, staring down the Malamar. How dare that fish be taller than her.

"Two versus two. Sounds like a plan." Cap's typical confidence was wavering, but he took a breath and stepped back to give the Pokemon some space. "Ready when you are."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 20:20:37 GMT

[]

"Cap it is then."

The Pikachu and Nidoqueen that are sent out are both given a curious glance from Katherine, who then turns towards her own partners. Vespiquen seemed to be in no rush to act, whereas Malamar found the stare of the Nidoqueen to be insulting. She was more eager for the fight to begin than her partner in crime, Malice.

"Start with a Calm Mind, Ursula." Nigh instantly, a bright purple light shined from the squid-like pokemon. It illuminated the immediate area with warmness, empowering the dual-type with further strength and higher defense capabilities.

"Malice."

"Sludge bomb on Pikachu."

Each order is given without an ounce of regret or hesitance, a plan crafted seamlessly by the Rocketess. If Cap needed training - then she could not offer him a soft touch. He needed to be challenged.

Gn4Blkmb
1-30 for Pikachu to be poisoned by sludge bomb.

tags:
tl;dr: malamar uses calm mind, it increases their special attack & defense. vespiquen attacks pikachu with sludge bomb.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 3:35:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She wasn't fucking around. Cap appreciated that. There was no sense in practicing if she was going to take it easy on him. He did, though, feel a knot settle in his stomach for the beating his Pokemon were about to endure. That was usually the thing that thew him off the most about battles. He clenched his fists and steeled himself as the first attack flew. He needed this—they needed this.

Rangi snarled as the sludge hit him. He stumbled backward, the goo splashed across his body. He shook himself hard, flinging the sludge off him in little droplets. "Rangi, uh, Thunder!" The Pikachu's cheeks sparked and crackled as energy filled his body before exploding outward. Nemesis was caught up in the blast, but it was ineffective against her Ground typing. "Nemesis, bite one of them!" It didn't take much more direction than that. The Nidoqueen launched herself at the Malamar, opening her mouth to clamp with a Poison Fang.

notes: pikachu uses thunder on malamar and vespiquen; nidoqueen uses poison fang on malamar.

fFdb0LFY
1-50 to badly poison malamar

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 23:06:01 GMT

[]

"Uh, thunder?"

Katherine asks with a mocking tone, mimicking Cap's own. "What is it that supposed to mean? Are you not sure? If you're not sure, Cap, how the hell is your Pikachu going to know that it's what he should do?" Whether if it's a part of her that tries to mentor him - or another part that tries to sabotage - it does not interfere with the battle itself.

Well, at least not on her side of the battlefield.

Nidoqueen managed to reach Malamar and bite the dual-type quite well - but the poison fails to register by sheer luck.

"Psybeam."

Boosted by the prior CALM MIND, the squid-like Pokemon executes the order without a hint of hesitation. With Katherine - it was rare to see it both in her or her Pokemon. They were trained to know better than that.

The thunder approached rapidly, but it's no surprise that Malice is prepared for it. Without the instruction given by Kat, the Vespiquen calls upon grubs that reveal themselves en masse, collecting in around their queen to protect her from the electricity. They are burned, fried, and simply cooked by the sheer force of Pikachu - but the full burn of the attack fails to impact Malice.

"If this is a two versus two battle, why are your pokemons fighting alone? What is the strategy you're going for?"

83TfPk0c

1-10 for Nidoqueen to be confused by psybeam.

tags:
tl;dr: malamar uses psybeam [sp.attack increased by calm mind] on nidoqueen. it deals super effective damage and has a chance to confuse her! vespiquen protects herself with defend order, and Pikachu burns those grubs to a crisp.