awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2020 17:54:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Delphox joined the Rapidash in ‘warming’ the next clump and watched as several more Combee buzzed away, shying from the heat that the torch she was holding brought to the immediate area.

“Not too close, Emma,” he warned the Delphox as the torch moved uncomfortably close to a patch of greenery. He didn’t want to be the one to douse the area in water due to an accidental wild fire, no.

“Oh? I thought you two were…” he mused quietly, wondering what had happened in the time he hadn’t spoken to Stormy. It was… an admittedly long time, however he was past it at this point. “I honestly thought you two were going to end up together. Was it a difference of ideals, if anything?”

Well, well, what spicy questions we weave, Lars.

:pokemonka:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 6:24:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the conversation shifts into territories that some may deem too personal, but for whatever reason, alexander allows it to continue. "i couldn't give her the time or commitment she deserves and it was only going to get worse." this is the surface reason but what lies beneath is an entirely different set.

with mister butch distracted, rapidash takes advantage of the opportunity and sneaks in a lick of the honey.

alexander shifts his gaze away. "she seems happier now." as she should be. she deserves as much.

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 18:05:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Delphox outright gaped at the Rapidash, watching as it stole a few bites of honey for itself before turning to Lars with its eyebrows raised.

“Emma, don’t give me that look, just—just keep an eye on things, okay?” he said to the dual-type’s way, who was still in shock. Thankfully the other human who was busy gathering honey from the honeycombs hadn’t noticed that the Rapidash had stolen a few bites, and continued to hang around while holding the torch close to where she’d spotted a few stray Combee clumped in, driving them away.

“Well… I kind of got on her bad side for a while,” he admitted—although how long that was he wasn’t going to readily admit. “I fucked up, myself. A big-ass fuck-up. And I only got the chance to apologize to her recently, so…” he trailed off with a sheepish scratch of the back of his head.

“I mean, that’s understandable, where you’re coming from. She’s rather a lot to handle, don’t you think? he added with a bit of a laugh.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2020 14:46:03 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]who hasn't gotten on stormy's bad side? the thought amuses him as it lingers for longer than it should. "it sounds like we've both made mistakes." some just happen to be bigger than others.

mister butch just about finishes with that hive before moving on to the next one, fully expecting the fire-pokemon to follow.

"perhaps. but some would say she's worth it." he turns to look at lars then, curious. "i'm sure you think as much as well? you did save her, after all."

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 6:57:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Delphox continued to gape at Lars before letting out a sigh—she was going to try and talk with him later. What a letdown.

Meanwhile, back where Lars and Alexander talking, the blonde let out a chuckle. “I can safely say ‘mistakes were definitely made’ when she’s concerned,” he agreed. Ah, maybe it was a good thing in the long run that they didn’t end up together—she was a hothead of the highest degree, and he could hold a grudge as well.

“Some, definitely. But I don’t know who can tame her. She’s like a wildfire, and if not contained, you know how much it can affect people, he alluded. Two headstrong personalities did not go well together, and the end result was them not talking to each other for the longest time—at least until recently.

Looking over to where his Delphox was headed, he let the dual-type follow the honey gatherer around, and when she turned to look at him, he merely waved his hand at her before pointing to follow Mister Butch.

“It would’ve been a flawless rescue—if it wasn’t for that crazy pyromaniac.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 8:46:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"you should try speaking to her again," he offers. "she might not be the same wildfire you remember her to be."

alexander allows some time to pass before following mister butch and the two fire-types. with the distance between them now sizable, it offers them more privacy for their conversation.

"there will always be crazy and evil in the world. all that matters is that you rescued her and that she is safe." he pauses. "we never did catch the pyromaniac, did we?"