twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 5:25:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]on the outskirts of rustboro is a small honey farm that is unnamed but is owned by a mister butch and his wife miss emily. though unnamed, their honey farm has had great success over the years and every local in the city knows of them. their honey is just spectacular. so when they reached out for help, alexander did not hesitate to answer.

"it's good to see you too, mister butch." 

alexander remembers visiting them when he was a kid and he has to admit the both of them have aged gracefully. they inform him that the combee have been more protective recently and that they have been unable to collect from their hives without being stung. the simple use of fire to ward the combee off should do the trick. alexander is all but ready to leave but mister butch is quick to interject.

"hm? a ranger is joining us?"

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 20:02:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Most times, the Rangers were sent out to handle particularly strong, or violent Pokémon and to take them in for rehabilitation if said Pokémon was too much of a danger to be left out in the wild.

However, today was one of the times that required a certain bit of… finesse, so to speak, when it came to handling livestock Pokémon in particular. Lars could only take a guess as to who the couple was that had sent out the request since they needed help with their Combee.

Well, can you blame me if I’m not a native of this city? I grew up in Eastern Hoenn, so… he thought as he stopped over at the local Pokémon Center and swapped out his team for something that required said ‘finesse’ with handling Combee.

Once the team was secured, he then checked his PokéGear for the location, before heading out to where the honey farm was located.

Lars was completely not expecting to encounter a very particular someone upon his arrival at the designated place, a very quaint honey farm on the outskirts of the city.

“Well—I wasn’t expecting to meet you here,” he began, his sights landing upon who his companion for the day would be.

he’s here

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 6:45:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]a familar voice draws him away from the farmer. alexander turns, expecting, and smiles as he greets the head ranger.

"that makes two of us, mister anderson. or should i say–head ranger! congratulations." 

it's amusing how the two of them share a history despite having never really interacted with each other. the brief exchange in the hospital barely counts. ah, the memory brings back mixed feelings. he pushes them aside in favor of duty.

"i didn't think a mission like this required someone of your caliber. how are things on your end?"

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 1:56:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It’s not just violent Pokémon encounters in the wild we handle, you know,” he began with a slight rub on the back of his neck with his free hand. “Even small things like this would merit our assistance too, since it involves Pokémon as well,” he added a few moments later.

The place is small enough, quaint. The smell of honey permeates the area. It’s a touch sweet, tingly—and at the same time, he can’t help but notice that there’s something definitely off about the situation at hand.

“Been busy, on the most part. Even if I’m already Head Ranger, the work isn’t going to stop piling up. With such a vast region to cover, we have to make sure everything is safe for everyone, you know.”

Turning to the couple, he then turned his attention back to the other man.

“So where’s our troublemaker? I know this requires some form of finesse since there are Combee involved.”

that’s interesting

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 10:36:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"well i can only imagine." 

there is a clear absence of bite in his words despite what one might think. alexander observes the head ranger and his disposition. he seems more poised and respected, though those qualities might just be because of his title. either way, alexander appreciates his presence.

after a few moments of being overjoyed that the league had sent such prolific members to assist him, mister butch gives them a bit more information. he says the simple use of fire at each hive should ward off the combee enough for him to retrieve the honey. he also says he isn't sure where their queen is, but to mindful for her.

"lead the way to the first hive, mister butch." 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 19:41:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What about you?” he inquired of the other. The last time he’d actually seen the man was during the hospital visit, and then from that point things got more than a little sour with him and a certain other Ranger…

Well, he had already tried to make amends with the other person involved, but he wasn’t sure if she was the easily-forgiving type, or the one who would hold an immense grudge and wish nothing but foul misfortune on him. Either way…

“What’s kept you busy for so long, you all but disappeared from the public eye,” he followed up as he fell in step with him, keeping up as they headed out to their first target. “Rarely do public figures like yourself vanish for an extended period of time,” he added quietly, just so the exchange was between them both.

He didn’t see the point of involving anyone else with the way their discussion was going for the moment.

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:55:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]whatever need there is to make amends is only held by one party. alexander shares no ill feelings towards the head ranger. they barely interacted before this, and it would be silly for him to regard laurence in any manner but professional. 

"ah. i wish i had a more exciting story to tell you, but similar to my predecessor miss bosch, i had to vacate the seat to take care of my family." 

though it goes unsaid, alexander appreciates the dip in volume for their exchange. it isn't needed, but the sentiment still stands the same. 

"perhaps the champion seat is cursed."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:15:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That’s understandable,” he continued in the same quiet voice. He was area of the previous champion’s circumstances for stepping down; and the same had applied to him as well.

“I wouldn’t necessarily call it cursed, it would be just… well, family always comes first, no matter what happens,” he replied. “Wish I could say the same for myself, though,” he added with a light chuckle.

Maybe he had said a little too much there? Who knew? Either way…

“I heard about what happened to your father—apologies if my condolences come so late, as I wanted to deliver them in person. I’m still… concerned who would have wanted him dead.”

Then again, everyone would be, considering how unexpected the circumstances of the man’s death were, he thought to himself in the back of his mind.

:OGeyes:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:41:03 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]family always comes first–that much had been true for all his life but that might have to change soon. dahlia's words still ring fresh in his mind; a constant reminder that hangs over his head. what laurence says about his family is picked up on but not pressed. perhaps it's a topic to avoid.

what laurence says next catches him off guard. his eyes widen as a response, and he finds himself dipping his head moments after. alexander considers the words carefully, and takes it to heart.

"thank you. i truly appreciate it." 

mister butch pipes up moments after and tells them they're nearing the first hive. alexander brings a hand to his pocket for a single pokeball, but holds on to it for the moment.

"it goes without saying but should the rangers ever need anything, you can always reach out to me."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 19:42:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I wouldn’t want to be so informal as to just send you a message—I mean, after how much your family’s company has done for Rustboro, it’s the least I can do even if it’s rather late,” he said with a sheepish look on his face.

Maybe it was for the better the man he was currently working with had been away from the region for some time.

“A lot has happened since you left, you know,” he supplied, reaching around in his pocket before pulling out a very pink Love Ball. Ridiculous as it looked, this held the Pokémon that could easily smoke out whatever was causing the Combee to become protective and evasive as of late.

“Th—thank you, really. For that offer. There’s too much that’s happened lately and we’re spread thin as it is,” he mused, waiting for the signal to send out their Fire-types so they could start working.

:thinking:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:26:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]when laurence fishes out a love ball, alexander does the same but with a regular one. he releases his rapidash whose flames naturally warm those nearby. mister butch reacts gleefully and points to the hive. all they have to do is simply hold a fire near the hive to scare away the combee while he retrieves the honey.

"just stand next to the hive please, tia." 

the rapidash steps forward and allows her flames to burn. the combee scatter away, and the few that remain should move once laurence's pokemon helps.

"so i've heard. i can only try to make up for my absence but i'm not sure if i ever will." 

alexander's head dips slightly at the thought.

"the rangers are doing a good job with the resources they have. with more resources, you could be doing more."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 20:44:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that they’ve gotten to their first location, it was time for a little work. Flicking the pink ball to full size, a Delphox appears from the beam of red light and unfurls herself to full standing glory.

“Don’t set your torch on fire too much, Emma,” he reminded the Delphox—once the stick she carried with her was set alight, she approached the enclosure and slowly waved around the torch that was ablaze, hopefully driving out the remaining Combee in the area.

“What—what makes you say that? How can you not make up for… for lost time? Did it—did it make you look unreliable in the eyes of the rest of the League? he asked the other man quietly as he kept his eyes on the Delphox, now circling around the enclosure and holding the flame, watching as several more Combee fled from the warmth.

:thinking:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 18:13:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]mister butch waits until both fire-types step forward before he starts his work on extracting the honey. it'll take him a few minutes before he's done so until then, the two league members are free to converse.

"what did you think?" 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 20:48:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“They—they clearly aren’t taking things seriously when family is involved,” he continued in the same quiet tone. This was why he kept most of his own family records a secret from the League in general—they didn’t need to know how much of a fuck-up his father was, and how… how the older man had killed the woman he had married.

“Sure, the League would care for results, but at the same time, sometimes they overlook when their own personal lives are in trouble. At least that’s what I think, he added a few moments later.

Keeping an eye on his Delphox, a few more stray Combee were smoked out when the flames of her torch came closer to where the others had initially been hiding.

“How… how’re you and Stormy?” he asked presently, wondering if bringing that up was a good idea at the moment.

:pokemonka:

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
hunaja [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 10:14:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]as much as laurence's words resonate with him, alexander refuses to show his cards. "it is simply a sacrifice we are expected to make." and alexander has made enough for them.

combee buzz away from the hive, leaving mister butch free access to do his thing. it doesn't take him long until he moves on to the next hive, which is luckily right next to the last one. rapidash moves forward and does the same thing: nothing.

"no longer together, unfortunately." is that the answer laurence wants to hear? alexander waits for a follow-up question.