part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:05:20 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

It was only last week that Katherine caught wind of a new class in the Pokemon Academy of Rustboro City. Normally, such a thing wouldn't pique her curiosity. However-- this subject in particular did. Pokemon Religion. It felt like it all clicked when she heard of it. Only a couple of weeks ago she'd met Priam in Meteor Falls and confessed to him the growing interest she carried for Sinnoh.

A secretary who was far more interested in reading something that appeared on the screen of her computer was the one to direct Kat in the right direction towards the class.

Three knocks on the door announced the Rocketess's arrival before she opened the door.

"Hello-"
That's... No, it couldn't be. But unless a Zororak maintained an illusion inside this room, this was certainly the guy who never called to ask her on a second date.

Not that she cared.
She looked for anything but something serious, but it stung a little when the rejection (or in this case, ghosting) didn't come from her. A strange game of strength, one in which she'd lost this time. And Katherine was a hell of a sore loser. "Oh. Ash... Right?" The fact she recalled his name did not stop her from pretending such wasn't the case.

"Do you happen to know where can I find the professor of this class?"

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 21:12:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Seeing Katherine wasn't ... well it wasn't something he had expected. She wasn't super young, as in the twelve year olds he was used to teaching, but she wasn't exactly old either, like all the other teachers there.

In a sense she was a sight for sore eyes and he was also a bit sour that they'd never made it past date two. He had been busy and she had been... er, well, she texted a lot and that made him wonder if she was gonna get clingy.

With no really great excuse at his disposal, he simply decided to acknowledge she existed and pretended not to notice she was likely pretending herself, not to really remember him.

"Asher." He corrected her with a calm and collected smile, one that held the same amount of charm it always did. "Asher Leivern, Professor of Religion in Rustboro City's Pokemon Academy."

With a smile so smug it could sink the S. S. Anne, Asher simply took a seat on his desk and propped his hands on his leg.

"What can I help you with, miss Fairburne?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 4:20:39 GMT

[]

"Right. Asher."

Katherine most definitely did not forget his name or that damned smile. "You're..." She looked around and checked the room with her eyes a bit more seriously this time, as if searching for a hint that could promise her that this was some joke or a prank.

They met on her day-job, went on a date, and even met during her a Rocket mission.

And now he also had to be the professor she came here to see? This string of coincidences had to set some record alone. "I had no idea it was you." You never mentioned it, she wants to say. "I heard that some new professor used to live in Sinnoh. And I am planning... Well, a vacation of sorts there." How does it all translate to Pokemon Religion? Frankly, it doesn't.

At least not the information that she was willing to share.

"The Spear Pillar myth interests me. You know, if the creation of the universe did begin there, I'd like to see the place with my own eyes."

From her bag, a notebook is retrieved along with a golden pen. She seemed prepared to write some notes. "So, any advice? When should I go? Which place in Snowpoint City serves the best hot chocolate?" Kat almost asks if she should expect other assholes not to return her calls there - but she chooses to bite her tongue. She did come here for his advice, after all.

"I am all yours, professor."

It's weird that despite the strange anger and resentment towards Asher, Kat still manages to find a place in her heart to flirt with him. Maybe she had a thing for older guys. Maybe it was the fact that for once in her life someone didn't care to chase after her.

tags:
notes: she is a whole mess

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 12:02:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]She was being oddly... sweet. The first time they had met, she was all huff and puff until he flirted with her, then sweet, to a point. She'd put her foot down and tell him that she could take care of herself. Yet now she wanted to glean as much information out of him as possible about the Spear Pillar atop Mount Coronet in Sinnoh... how interesting.

Well, he could always say she was never boring.

"The best place for hot chocolate in Snowpoint City is a little stall just outside the Snowpoint Temple, called Mable's. It's a very lively young woman who has a few swinub by her feet at all times. Though, admittedly, they may be pilloswine or bigger by this point."

Asher feigns rubbing his head in thought about the swinubs, really he's deciding where to start with the myth. Better yet, he'd be wise to let her start for him.

"As far as Arceusism goes, I don't mind elaborating on the beginning point and all that, but."

Pausing a moment, he smiled at her with as much charm as usual.

"Let's begin with what you know, and I'll elaborate from there."

There was a double meaning there, yes. It was better to get her side of whatever story before giving his own. Mostly because he could better confront problems if he knew the details.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 21:52:16 GMT

[]

Mable's.

Katherine jots the name of the stall in her notebook with quickness, almost as if she was writing notes in a class. It seemed appropriate, considering the sort of establishment this was. "Not far from the temple. Hm, hm... I might pay that place a visit too." She has yet to plan the trip fully and while Kat certainly knew that she'd be under some time constraint... She wanted to make the most out of her time in Sinnoh.

She even considered the idea of paying one of their gyms a visit.

"I don't know much." Her confession is carried by a flat tone. She wasn't the type to open up a book only to read it several times and search for different meanings in the author's words. The knowledge she did have was not much different from what most people outside of Sinnoh knew.

"Legend has it that the universe was created there. By Arceus, of course."

"He created both Dialga and Palkia together too. So each can be responsible for something or whatever. But..."

She paused there. That was where things got interesting. The details were sparse and hazy, "Well, I don't know. I've read a couple of things about how there was another Pokemon created there with them."

Whether if such was the case or not, however, was up for debate. At least so she figured.

"But that about sums it up, I guess. I warned you that I don't know much." A nervous chuckle escapes through her lips next. It's not that she felt the need to impress Asher or anything-- but she would have preferred to sound less uneducated if she could.

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 23:48:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"So each can be responsible for something or whatever."

Asher almost visibly cringed. He didn't though, so good for him! But he had come so close. There was so much theologically wrong with that statement, namely that whatever bit at the end. It was why he had such a passion for the religions that he did. Because people simply weren't educated these days.

Or, and probably in her case, they didn't care to be. Knowledge was a means to an end, he figured.

By the end of her account of what she knew, Asher understood now why she was there. To learn, and in that case, he decided why not educate her further?

"So to start off, the religion you're referring to is Arceusism. It is the largest recorded religion in the regions. Within this belief, there are three different branches. Lanthrism, the belief that Arceus is the supreme being of all, humans and pokemon alike. Next comes Orthism, the belief that only the legendary pokemon should be worshiped and then there are the Pseudoistic believers, who have the belief that we humans are descendants of pokemon and not, in fact, our own breed of being."

He paused if only to make sure she was jotting this all down, and to give her room for questions.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:18:17 GMT

[]

Already she learned a new thing.
Apparently, Arceusism had different branches. Three of them, in fact. The first and the second both made sense to Katherine, and frankly, she saw the reason behind believing either of them. The third, however, causes her jaw to drop some and her eyes to widen.

"What? Is that a joke?"

"You're saying that there are people who believe that we came from ancient pokemon?" Asher's tone certainly did not imply that he was joking, but still, Kat had to make sure. "I... Seriously?" Her brow quirks as she awaits some sort of confirmation - if only to know if it was really something she should write down.

"Okay... I suppose. Is there a reason they believe that's the case? Some type of proof? A research..?"

The questions are asked as she writes down more notes that follow Asher's words.

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:23:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"They have very little proof, which is why it's third, and not first."

In a way, the branches all had standings based on the amount of people that followed them. Being that Pseudoism was the least believable, it obviously had the least numbers and was therefore listed last. Not that he'd mentioned that, but, eh.

"There are recordings of pokemon being able to speak as we humans do. Such records are not, technically recorded, and are more hearsay and 'old wives tales.' As good to us in the realm of proof as myths, really."

In other words, theories. But wasn't that the joy of religion? Theories and myths? Legends and lore? Belief, or facts? Faith and fiction?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:58:59 GMT

[]

"Crazy people. Right."

Her comment is thrown without much thought. Dismissing a branch of religion and simply diminishing it into a group of crazy people was wrong in itself, but it didn't seem like Katherine found much importance in that. "I'll believe it when I see it. A talking pokemon sounds like..." Something that belonged in a kids show, maybe. Certainly not the real world.

"It's made up."

Regardless of the disbelief and the fact she could very much do without the information about the third of the branches, she still appreciated the knowledge Asher offered and continued to jot it down. "Okay. What else? I mean... There's a third pokemon that's mentioned that Arceus created. What about that one?"

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 1:29:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I'm assuming you mean Giratina, the supposed and claimed god of death, ruler of hell, and the one who controls antimatter."

Asher shook his head with a deep sigh, thoughts of this particular pokemon not much more than the rest of the legendaries. This one didn't strike a nerve in him, while others struck more 'home' with him. Like the titans.

"There are many different myths surrounding Giratina. Supposed sightings. Etchings in Sinnoh show that somebody saw it, or was clever enough to make it all up."

Kudoes to that guy, really.

"It is said that while it can travel between dimension at will in one form, if it enters our realm, the gravity will cause it to shift into the form that cannot travel at will, which is why we only see a shadow of it over graveyards."

Spooky stuff, but Asher enjoyed showing off his knowledge.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:08:43 GMT

[]

Those were a lot of titles. But it is the legendary's name that manages to spark something in Katherine's memory-- it was certainly the one she was thinking of. The same one she had read about.

"Yes! Giratina, that's the one. I didn't know it had so many titles."

She wrote the name with her pen and marked a couple of lines underneath it. Hopefully, it'd help her remember it next time. "Etchings, huh?" Kat already wanted to see them. She wanted to sail to Sinnoh right this moment to look at those ancient drawings. "Well, I have two questions now."

And considering the way this conversation was going, Asher's response was bound to raise more questions.

"Where can they be found? The Etchings, I mean. Spear Pillar would be my first guess but... I guess it's better to ask a professional than to just make assumptions." She lifts her eyes from her notebook and then smiles. When Katherine first saw him today, she couldn't quite ignore the anger she felt. However now? When Asher has proved that he's capable of helping her so much?

Well, she was too enthralled by his charm and the prospect of visiting Sinnoh soon that any negative feelings were kept at bay.

"Also... Dimensions? What do you mean? Does it not live... You know, here?"

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 12:21:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"As far as those ancient etchings go, yes, you would have to travel to Sinnoh yourself and ask the reigning professor there."

With a ridiculously lax shrug, Asher continued.

"In theory and myth, his Distortion World is considered a hell, because it lacks space and time. Because of its lack of space and time, it's theorized that it's where anybody goes in death, since death is a lack of being in space and a lack of having time. The theory is, when we die, we become apart of this Distortion World, or hell, in an attempt to survive after we've been robbed of space and time."

He was having far more fun flaunting his knowledge than he should have, moving his arms respectively. Which was, in fact, a new side to him. Rarely did he use his hands or arms to speak unless he was getting riled up. And when it came to the creation trio, he definitely got himself riled up, in a good way.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 15:03:58 GMT

[]

It all sounded a tad too edgy for Katherine's tastes.

Well, edgy and made up. As much as the prospect of a hell-reigning pokemon appealed to her, it wasn't all too believable. Most myths were the same though, weren't they? "Hell, huh. That sounds... Interesting." To say the least. Not a lot more is jotted into her notebook before she lifts her gaze to meet with Asher's.

"I am not sure if there's anything else I want to ask. But is there anything else I should know? Something to avoid in my visit?" Tourist scams were rampant in regions outside of Hoenn, she figured. Maybe Asher was familiar with some.

"I've probably stolen enough of your time already. But, uhm... I promise to send you a text if I happen to find something new that has yet to be discovered."

Perhaps this was only an excuse for catching up after this trip.

tags:
notes:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 17:00:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher beams as she offers to catch him up after her trip. Whatever findings she had, he was sure to believe them... most of them. Well, what reason did he have not to believe all of them? He's just a skeptic, that's all. Never one hundred percent believing in anything unless he sees it with his very own eyes.

"Avoid getting frost bitten, wear warm clothes, believe scientists only as far as you could throw them, and stay in touch."

With that, Asher stands up off of his desk he'd been relaxed on and turns toward her. His full attention on her one hundred percent, charming smile landing on her, and with a hand tucked to his stomach, he gives her just as charming a bow.

"I wish you the best of luck on your venture, and I look forward to going over your findings."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
teacher's pet [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 0:06:36 GMT

[]

A couple of nod ensue as Asher's next instructions come. Warm clothes, trusting her gut, and staying in touch. Frankly, it sounded more like a conversation of a parent and their child-- not a couple of adults who went on a date just a few weeks back.

"Right, right. It's cold there and I shouldn't trust strangers. I'll try to remember that."

The notebook is placed back in her bag without any further notes being written in it.

"This was really helpful, so... Thanks. I'll try to bring something back with me– or at least some photographs of those etchings." Her smile is offered to Asher with a final look before Katherine turned to depart. For a guy who ghosted her, he wasn't that bad.

tags:
notes: