slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
happy late and early birthday! [c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:47:25 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Immediately he grimaces, eyes looking away as her words hit him once more.

That sounds like work…

His hands continue to move as he finishes the cake and sets the plate down on the counter.

Like digging for files and going through all the proper procedures before I can reintegrate you as a gym leader again work.

He grabs a paper towel and wipes he face before setting it into the plate.

I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to that.

He plays his words off seriously but it would become obvious within seconds of him speaking that his words are said in jest.

I mean, I’ll see what I can do but I’m pretty sure we shredded all your files when you left last time.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:52:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]With the way his words died down at the mention of work, which Francie had expected, she was thankful that she'd set her sights to go and see after she was done visiting Kim.

"That's fine! I mean, I don't blame you at all. I really don't mind starting from scratch, either. I've a contact that's willing to endorse me privately if I need it."

Said contact, , was an investor who she'd created a decent bond with during her travels. She was pretty sure he wanted to endorse more than just her dreams of being gym leader, but, she also wasn't dumb enough to give him anything he wanted.

"I know that the gym's been under heavy reconstruction and everything. So, I know it'll be a lot of work. I don't mind it though! I'm actually pretty excited about it!"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 17:11:16 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Francie, I’m messing with you. I know you’re a capable leader and if there isn’t enough money in the budget for rebuilding the gym into your vision I’ll aid in funding it myself. Or y’know, pull some strings and see if we can drip a little more spending into your vision of the gym.

He unbuttons his shirt, pulling the now-stained clothing onto the back of a chair as he continued.

That being said, I’ll have to consult everyone else about it before we can fully reach a conclusion on your reinstatement. I have a way with words though and I can assure you that they’ll agree on it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 17:14:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"A way with words?" Francie teases with a playful tone. "More like, you know how to abuse your power."

It is only then that her shoulders relax. She wanted to come back to Hoenn and to help. They didn't need the whole, 'ranger' thing, like some of the other regions. They did, however, need people to protect them. The region was getting crazy busy and popular with all the insanity of legendary pokemon coming into light.

"But really, jokes aside, thanks so much. For understanding, and keeping in contact, and mostly for just... being the consistent thing in my life."

Her rock, in a sense.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:43:50 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
What’s the point of power if you aren’t abusing it?” He says with a sly smile.

Moving as she speaks he makes his way to the snacks she had brought over, pecking at the treats and eyeing what had been splayed before him.

It’s all love, love. Being there for my people is literally my job. And for friends, it’s my pleasure. Just remember, if you need me call me and I’ll come running.

He pulls a bag of chips out and moves towards the couch.

So. Are we gonna celebrate my not birthday or are we gonna keep talking about work?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 18:54:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"We're gonna celebrate!"

Francie's decision is backed by how she quickly moves over and takes a seat beside him, plucking some of the snacks from the bag he was holding before fishing around where she'd been waiting for him earlier for her device.

"Oh, by the way, I got this. It was really expensive but, you're always saying I need to upgrade so. Do the thing where I can text you."

Basically Francie's an old lady, help her work her devices, Kim.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 23:00:34 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
You finally got something from this century? I’m impressed Franny.

Considering how out of date she was, it was honestly a little astounding for Kim to see her with technology from this age.

First you gotta go here, then go there, and after that, you go here, and then you start texting me.

Throughout the explanation he shows her the screen as he continually moves on without giving her much of a chance to process.

Oh, here, I’ll put my number in for you.

He pulls the device away and quickly entered his number before dumping it back onto her.

Did you catch everything?

He says before pulling a few chips from the bag and promptly eating them.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 23:56:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"I don't... think so."

Francie admits her defeat with a laugh before she begins fiddling with the device. She can't help how confused she seems, but, she figured she would have to have it tattooed on her person to really remember it.

"But anyway," the device didn't matter and was promptly tossed aside. "How's life with the soon to be wife, eh??"

That's when it dawns on her.

"Speaking of, where is Miss @bean4?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 1:56:54 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
You’ll get the hang of it.” He assures her, licking his lips quickly after, grabbing his own phone and turning it on airplane mode to ignore any further notifications.

More than likely she’s knocked out upstairs in bed-

He cuts himself short as a realization hits him, quickly turning to look up the stairs for a few seconds before coming to a stand.

Once sec.

He says before making he way up the stairs quickly and quietly, returning after a minute or so and taking his seat once more.

She got under the covers, it’s cool.

By the way, did you find anyone or anything interesting while you were gone? You had to have met a few cool peeps or at least hiked up a rad ass mountain, right?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 13:11:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie had a feeling what Kim might have meant, was if Francie found herself any sort of potential person in her life and... no, she hadn't. She had been too distracted while out and about to really focus on romance, thankfully.

Nobody connected with her in that way, she supposed. It was always one sided, on her end, or on the other's end... sadly.

But the mention of a rad ass mountain had Francie perking up as soon as she'd gotten a little sad look in her eye at the idea of being forever self-partnered.

"I met a lot of strong trainers while I was out and about, but the most exciting thing was probably mount coronet! Kim, it was HUGE! Like, a mountain range so large, long, and vast, that it split the entire region in half!"

She got so excited she ended up standing up and flailing, until she made herself a sort of "Ohp!" noise and immediately sat down with her mouth covered.

"Sorry. I hope I don't wake her."

Hell of a first impression that would be.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:28:52 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Najwa sleeps like a log when she gets home. We work hard so we can sleep ha-

Oh god, sleep would feel amazing right now- But that would mean less time to spend with Francie and all this effort she had put into making a “not birthday party” would go to waste. He needed to stay strong.

Oh shit she stopped talking, how long has it been quiet?

Sorry I just got a dopamine rush from thinking about sleep. I didn't mean to stop talking like that.

I kinda want to visit Sinnoh too, maybe you’ll take me next time you go and we can have a family vacation.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:33:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"No, no, you're okay! You're like, super tired anyway. All that work you're doing."

Francie is quick to dismiss the fact that Kim had stopped talking for a while there and Francie had nearly thought he'd fallen asleep with his eyes open. She wouldn't doubt he'd developed the habit just so he could 'listen' during work meetings.

"A family vacation."

Francie gives a small laugh at the idea before making her way toward the kitchen to clean up.

"That's a good idea, actually. I mean, I'm hopefully going to get busy with the gym soon."

She eyes him pointedly.

"But! Maybe once I get a break from all the traffic that's gonna flood in, we can definitely take one! Sinnoh's got gorgeous mountain ranges, sure, and flying to the top of them is fun, but nothing beats hiking them with your bare hands!"

As she cleans, she rambles, and she fully expects him to fall asleep to her rambling. Some things never change.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 14:57:27 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His will is running out quick, the first step to defeat being the losing battle against his eyelids as they begin to droop- how unseemly.

He opens his mouth, as to respond but quickly puts a chip in it, forced to chew as he leans back and slowly closes his eyes.

In a weak and almost unheard voice, Kim says with no lack of dramatics.

I’m sorry Fran, I just couldn’t win against this enemy. Sleep… you careless bitch.

And like a light, he was out, laying into the couch as he snoozed silently.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 15:21:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Seemed her rambling had worked. Once she is finished putting everything away and cleaning everything up, she makes her way over to Kim and pulls one of the blankets that's draped over the couch over him. She even took the initiative to move his snacks out from under him so he can get more comfortable if her stirs.

Being that he's already snoring, she doubts there will be much stirring.

Either way, her job is done, and she's got his number. She snaps a picture of him asleep and texts him, 'sleep tight!' before making her way to the door.

She's got to go meet with now that she paid her bestie his visit.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 4:56:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 20 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break]