[s] It's a hot one, ain't it?

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 7:41:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sun's bearin down on us today

Colt wiped the dirty sweat from his brow. He took a gander over at his rapidash, PhireMange, as she pranced around excitedly.  Well at least someone's enjoying the heat.  

He cupped his hand over his eyes to block the sunlight.  His mudsdale was braying in frustration as he swept flies away from his face in the shade.  Colt stepped over and began scratching his head compassionately. 

"It's okay, bud.  I know this heat can be a damn killer."  He glances over at PhireMange

"But some of us just fare better than others, I s'pose." 

Suddenly, Colt's musing was interrupted... 
@mason

made by nette of gs!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 8:22:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, HEEEEELLLLPP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

About 40 yards away, a small child burst out of the forests surrounding Colt's small ranch. He sprinted across the flat farmland, hugging a small creature tight to his chest.

Behind him, a swarm of Beedrill surged from the woods. The buzzing, deafened before by the trees, would make the air vibrate even up by the barn. Mason chanced a glance over his shoulder, grimaced, and picked up the pace. The pokemon were definitely gaining on him, and without outside interference, he'd be stung to death in a matter of minutes.

@colt

made by nette of gs!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 8:43:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Colt let out a sharp gasp as he spotted a young child being ruthlessly pursued by beedrills.  The vicious swarm looked like it was soon to overtake the poor child, but Colt wasn't going to let that happen.  

Colt loosed a fearsome battle cry and his trusty steeds immediately bolted to attention, surrounding Colt in a defensive formation.  

"Giddyup, y'all!  I want this field covered in broken stingers and guts!" 

PhireMange let out a determined NEEIIGHGH!!!!!! and charged toward the encroaching swarm.  

Meanwhile, Colt let loose a series of discrete hand gestures, unspoken signals he had developed through years of training.  His mudbray dashed toward the young boy and slid with his butt on the ground as he spun around in a 180 arc, positioning himself so that Mason could hop on and ride to safety.
@mason

made by nette of gs!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:01:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mason's little legs were tiring out at this point. Those beedrill were fast! But Colt's horses were faster. With surprising grace for the species, a Mudbray slid in front of Mason, angling itself perfectly for the boy to jump aboard.

However, Mason had never ridden a horse-like pokemon before. Instead of elegantly landing atop the saddle like a trained professional, this poor kid just sort of fell onto the back of the little donkey. With all the commotion, Goose slipped from Mason's arms!

Mason rolled over- now laying perpendicular to the Mudbray- and just barely managed to grab one of Goose's fins before he hit the ground. Looking back, Mason's eyes widened as he took in the approaching swarm for the first time.

"GOOOOOOO!!!"

Mason bolted upright, sitting sidesaddle, and kicked his legs in fear. Whether or not Mudbray got the message, he didn't know, but he hoped the jolt of pain would send it running!

@colt

made by nette of gs!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 6:49:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Colt's eyes twitched slightly as he saw the young boy jab his feet into mudbray.  Calm down, he's just a frightened kid.  He didn't mean it like that.  Colt composed himself and returned his attention to the swarm.  

As mudbray fled from the beedrills, PhireMange charged forward furiously. 
Colt flicked his hand signal for offense and shouted valiantly, "INFERNO!"

PhireMange reared up and unleashed a fire storm from its searing mane.  The swarm of beedrills scattered from the blaze as dozens of beedrill corpses littered the ground in smoldering heaps. 

As mudbray collapsed in exhaustion at Colt's feet, Colt looked down at the startled child and beamed a wide grin.

"MMMM!!" Colt licked his lips and rubbed his belly.  "Barbecue!"
@mason

made by nette of gs!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 21:13:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Plopping to the ground with the collapse of his steed, Mason cried out "Ow!" He decided to just stay on the ground for a second, catching his breath and staring up at the huge man before him. Woah...I wonder if I'll ever get that tall...Bet he drinks a lot of moo-moo milk...

It took a few minutes for the youngling to recover, but he eventually rose and craned his neck to look the giant in the eyes. Tippy toes may or may not have been used in the process. "Uh...Thanks for the help! Are you...gonna eat those bugs?"

Mason turned to take a good look at the carnage, letting out a faint, "woah." It was pretty brutal, actually, and some parts of the grassland were still aflame. Scorchmarks littered the area in the direction he'd just been running from. Reflecting back on what he'd just witnessed, Mason drew a sharp breath, snapping back to look up to his hero.

"Hey! Is that rapidash yours!? How long have you had it?? How many beedrill do you think were after me? Have you ever caught one before?!" Mason's eyes grew wider with every question. He was practically jumping up and down at this point, clearly excited to meet such a strong pokemon trainer.

"Was that really Inferno? I've never seen it before! How hot do you think it is!? Is your Mudbray okay!? He's really fast!!"

This...might go on for a while.

@colt

made by nette of gs