mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 13:53:53 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

The school day was nearing an end, early, of course, because summer had arrived and summer school was usually only for a few students a few hours a day.[break][break]

Regardless, Thea is preoccupied with gathering her purse and laptop bag when another teacher approaches her. They mention there's a letter in her mailbox, dropped off by some very charming young man.[break][break]

Confused, Thea stops by the shelf of labeled names to grab whatever could possibly have been left there. The envelope is sealed with her name on the front. Upon opening it she would find a very charming and sweet note inviting her to meet her 'secret admirer' on the beach after her shift was finished.[break][break]

The note causes her to blush, much to the chagrin of her peeping colleagues.[break][break]

"That's enough, everyone. Mind your business."[break][break]

Of course, Thea absolutely visits the beach - she has a pretty good idea of who this secret admirer might be, and only one person who might possibly know her teaching schedule.[break][break]

Upon arriving she would see an adorable baby Cufant running back and forth in the foam of the waves. It seems quite amused by the spray of water.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 15:07:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher's eyes traveled to the blonde who had approached. He was dressed in his usual business attire, a white suit. He also had on a white fedora this time, to keep the sun out of his face.

"It's not a corviknight," no he was selfishly keeping that bird to himself. "But I thought, perhaps it would be a subtle reminder of home."

Bridget was laying in the sand beside the cufant, her newly hatched baby, that was running around and playing with the foam. On occassion, the cufant would try to run too far, and Bridget's strong trunk would gently bring the cufant back to what Bridget considered a safe distance.

She was relieved she was getting this thing to a good trainer because it was more work than she had bargained for...

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 15:22:56 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea is thoroughly mesmerized by the sight, eyes watching in muted awe as the Copperajah would bring back the Cufant if it ever strayed too far. But her attention is soon gathered by Asher and she seemed genuinely surprised - an expression she's normally good at hiding in favor of polite indifference.[break][break]

"Asher? W-what?"[break][break]

It's impossible to hide the confused and overwhelmed blush that reddens her face. She glances back to the Cufant, trying to make sense of the situation.[break][break]

"They're beautiful."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:22:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]What Asher had been aiming for was achieved. Asher could tell by the red in Thea's cheeks that she enjoyed the present, but he wasn't entirely sure that she understood that Asher was literally giving her the cute little thing.

Which was a good thing because he was pretty sure Bridget would never breed again, it'd been hard enough to get the stubborn elephant to breed in the first place.

Walking over, Asher extends a luxury ball to Thea. It has signs that it belongs to a pokemon already, as pokeballs do one imagines, and he noddes toward the cufant while holding it out.

"For you, Thea. You're an excellent teacher and while I don't understand the feeling of being homesick, I'd imagine this might be a decent dose of medicine on the road to recovery."

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 20px; text-align:center; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:35:35 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

She's gobsmacked beyond repair. Her hands extend as an involuntary reaction to take the pokeball as he offers it. The capsule is beautiful and glossy, more beautiful than anything she owned herself. Her own Pokemon had been captured with simple pokeballs, nothing fancy.[break][break]

There's a weight in her chest and for a moment she really believes she might cry. Humiliating.[break][break]

"Asher, this is -- this is too much. I can't--"[break][break]

Her voice feels rather closed off, like she's fighting emotion at the back of her throat. It's a moment of genuine weakness and vulnerability. She's almost shaking.[break][break]

"She is beautiful, I don't know how to thank you, I--"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:41:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Seeing Thea's emotions... hurts. It's that good sort of hurt, but Asher doesn't know that. All he knows was that somehow he screwed up and now she's crying??

Shit, shit, shit!

Without much thought, because making her cry really was the furthest thing from his mind, he puts a hand on her shoulder and furrows his brows in concern. A hug? Sure, but tears?? What was happening? Maybe it was a cultural thing.

"If I've done something wrong, I assure you, it was a mistake miss Rhodes."

And he couldn't even kiss her to stop her from crying! Yes, his usual go to... shh.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:47:21 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea manages to get a handle on herself, mostly because of the shocked and concerned expression on Asher's face. It sobers her with help from his hand on her shoulder and she breathes a breathless laugh. With a shake of her head, she uses her thumb to slowly wipe away whatever few tears she might have let slip.[break][break]

"You did nothing wrong, I apologize. This-this is just such a thoughtful gift, I was overwhelmed. I don't know what I did to deserve your generosity."[break][break]

Her face remains warm with emotion and embarrassment, but she's collected her voice and forced away the uncomfortable lump in her throat. Thea Rhodes didn't cry - she was a strong woman.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 16:54:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher would never in a million years say that he was an expert in women, and this was a prime example as to why. Things like this completely alluded him. Perhaps it was because he hadn't ever been homesick before. He'd never attached to anything well enough for him to genuinely miss them. Usually, he distracted himself or found something to fill a void, because they were never deep enough voids to not be filled with something else.

"I'm relieved."

Asher's entire body relaxes and he removes his hand from her shoulder, looking out to the cufant who his bouncing around in the sand and pretending it's some form of buneary from the looks of things.

"Within a week, I'm sure the energy will wear off. The poor thing must have gotten it from its father, because I can't imagine Bridget ever had that kind of energy within her."

To prove his point, the behemoth of an elephant rolls onto her side and lets out a lazy trumpet from her trunk.

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:02:38 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea thumbs over the button of the luxury ball in her hand as she lowers her hands to her lap once again. Asher's hand slips from her shoulder and with it his warmth, but she looks back to the Cufant - her Cufant - bouncing around in the sand. It brings a surprisingly bright smile to her face, much wider and more genuine than anything she'd ever expressed.[break][break]

This gift truly meant a great deal to her.[break][break]

At the mention of the mother, the great elephant rolls onto her side with a great huff - as if this is the most exhausting part of her day. Thea exhales a slight suggestion of a giggle. [break][break]

However, she remains aware of Asher's awkwardness surrounding the situation and his adamant reluctance to admit emotion or dwell on it for long. His concern had been fleeting and he hadn't suggested to her any way he could be thanked. [break][break]

But something this incredibly meaningful and special required more than just a simple thank you - tears or no tears.[break][break]

"Thank you so much, Asher."[break][break]

And then she leans up to plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 17:41:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The kiss on the cheek had Asher's eyes widening and he gave her a confused look. It took about two seconds for him to rule that as a friendly kiss, at which case he gave her a smile.

It was, admittedly, his default 'wtf' smile. That smile he gave when he didn't hear what he was asked, or if he didn't understand a situation. He didn't speak, and instead looked toward his copperajah and then took out her luxury ball, returning the beast so she could sleep.

"Take good care of the cufant, miss Rhodes. I find that visits to lakes make them very happy."

It was the only thing that motivated Bridget to do anything, really. He tried his hardest not to sound annoyed. Why was he annoyed? Because he was mildly ... anxious, and when he got anxious, his first reaction was to get annoyed that he felt that way.

No, he wasn't blushing, but damn if he wasn't close.

cherish this moment uwu

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 5:22:23 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea notes the confused look and locks it away in the recesses of her mind. It is clear her own forward gesture was ill-received, or at the very least, not reciprocated or appreciated in the way she had hoped.[break][break]

As such, as quickly as she had grown warm and affectionate as a result of his generous gift and good company, it quickly reverts back to Thea's cool politeness. She would not overstep a second time.[break][break]

She follows his gaze back to the Copperajah and baby. Her eyes grow fond as she watches the child continue to frolic in the surf. Sand is kicked up with every step. [break][break]

"I will, Mr. Leivern. Thank you."[break][break]

Unfortunately, she can't help but detect a note of stiffness in his voice - one that she directly relates to her lapse in judgement. It's due to this that she ultimately decides to break away or at the very least change the subject.[break][break]

"I'd hate to keep you, however, and I probably should be going. Summer classes are underway and there is much to be done."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 14:35:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The time it took her to collect herself was the time Asher took to collect himself as well. He's blushless and otherwise less annoyed with himself now. He turns to look at her and gives a charming smile. It has a fondness to it of its own because he realizes, in this moment, she's not ever going to be his as more than anything but a friend.

And finally, he's okay with that. Though his pride is a bit hurt.

"Well! The same is to be said for me as well. I wouldn't want to keep you from your students, miss Rhodes, and I hope that you're not overworking yourself."

Finally he's back to a comfortable stance with her and he finds he's not nearly as confident in that as he'd like to be.

"It's very important to keep an eye on your own health. Take a vacation, if you need to. And, if you haven't the funds, I'd be more than happy to help a friend."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 17:34:40 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

"I am always careful not to overdo it, but I appreciate the concern, Mr. Leivern."[break][break]

Her smile is small as she looks away and back to the Cufant who had tired herself out. The sleeping frame lays by the water, unbothered by the waves as they splash up her side.[break][break]

"I'll take a vacation when I know my students don't need me."[break][break]

Thea glances at the man as he offers his funds. She can't' help but feel a little uncomfortable with the notion in some manner - as if he regards her as an investment opportunity to lend money to. Or something. [break][break]

It's unlikely he truly sees her that way, but it's enough for her to politely decline his offer anyway.[break][break]

"Thank you again. And... feel free to reach me with less mysterious methods, Leivern. People do talk."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
love letter [c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 16:04:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Asher takes no effort in hiding how he laughs. The idea that 'people do talk' was comical to him, if only because she was right.

"Come now, if I had simply sent the cufant to you through the global trading system, it wouldn't have been nearly as bold of an impact, now, would it?"

She might not have cried though, so joke's on him, and it was mostly why he'd laughed.

"But, if you'd like, I'll be sure to try and keep myself open enough during the day for talk with friends."

He surprised himself a bit with his words, and tilted his head to hide his face as he internally scolded himself for the title he'd given her. A soft bow later, and he turns toward the dock.

"Have a lovely rest of the day, miss Rhodes."