marcel maeda
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 0:55:00 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel walks away from the counter with a number of cake slices in his hands, each wrapped in pastel-coloured napkin. there was little that could match the pressure of the words 'but it's for charity', but once he takes a bite of the first, he finds he doesn't mind so much anymore. it really was good cake.
[break][break]
it doesn't take long for him to locate katherine; it had been about a week since he'd gotten her the job here. marcel watches the woman with some amusement before he approaches.
[break][break]
"you know, i'm starting to see why they complain," he says lightly, holding out a slice of cake.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 10:49:27 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","katherine"]

[]

"Pfft!"

"If anything, I should be the one complaining here. I always have to-" With the arrival of a new customer, Katherine falls silent and flashes them a smile she's been trained to give. Life in Rocket along with her experience with retail jobs taught her one thing: a smile goes a long way. "Have to smile at people I don't even know."

Ah, and of course, Kat didn't like any of this.

"I didn't even know this many people liked cake, Kosuke. I would have never agreed to do this if I knew I'd actually need to work."

Well– that was a lie. She probably would have accepted the job for the payment, since it wasn't nearly as bad as the time she had to spend here. The cake is spared a glance before she shakes her head, "No, but thank you. All I can taste in these cakes is the cheap buttercream."

And just when she said that a customer had to pass near them. Their raised eyebrow signaled that she had heard Katherine's comment, and it's no surprise that it leads her to place the cake she considered buying back where it belonged. Oops.

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".katherine"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 21:36:07 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]"hey," he warns, "you want me to find someone else for these jobs?" katherine would know his words aren't serious--he'd feel too bad going back on their arrangement. until she gave him a proper reason to, anyway. and besides, with an attitude like hers, marcel had a feeling employers weren't exactly fighting for her...
[break][break]
he watches the customer walk away, just about finishing his first slice of cake. "i like this place," he says once they're out the door, "if it closes thanks to you, i'm docking your pay." in an effort to right her wrong (at least, that's what he told himself) marcel slides the rejected cake towards himself before holding out a few coins to katherine.
[break][break]
"you sure you don't want any? some of these don't have icing."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2020 22:40:34 GMT

[]

Marcel's question is not replied to, but instead, earns a roll of Katherine's violet-purple eyes. She wouldn't admit that she needed these jobs.

"The only reason this place might close is the amount of cake you've been eating each time you've come to visit me." Her eyes lowered to stare at the cake he'd offered her, considering it another time. Her decision is made swiftly and her head shakes to confirm it. "I am sure, I am sure. If I lose my perfect figure and you decide to get rid of me, how the hell am I going to get my next job interview?"

What Katherine lacked in education and a proper degree, she made up for with her good looks and somewhat entertaining wits.

"You know, you should probably stick to the no icing ones from now on too."

It's hard to tell whether if Kat meant what she said.

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 21:28:36 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]her second no is met with a shrug. marcel takes a bite. "you know," he says between chewing, "there are these wonderful things called references." placing the crumb-covered napkin on the table, he takes a clean one to wipe his mouth. "i can only cover for you so many times, katherine. make sure your boss doesn't hate you when you leave."
[break][break]
it wasn't hard work, exactly, but it was certainly wearying. the temp work he got katherine hardly required a star-studded record, but the shop owners had a tendency to talk amongst themselves, and marcel didn't fancy making a job more difficult than it had to be.
[break][break]
he frowns at her comment. "eh?" he looks down at himself, "you think?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 16:05:20 GMT

[]

There's another roll of eyes that occurs. She is somewhat bothered by his words, despite knowing that there's truth in them and that Marcel was being honest. Maybe that was the part that bothered her– the honesty. It would have been much easier to ignore if she had thought that he was lying to her.

"Fine, fine. I promise he won't hate me."

Kat then spares him another look, turning to check his figure and form from more than one direction. "A little, yeah. Cakes will do that to you, you know." Someone who was as strict as her about eating should not have been working in a bakery, surely.

"You should start running with me." A nod ensues, and them a smile reaches her lips. "You'll like it!"

tags:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 16:28:47 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he wasn't quite serious when he asked, but katherine's answer makes him reconsider. marcel isn't sure how he feels about that; the frown deepens. "i should fire you for talking to me like that," he grumbles, reaching for his next slice of cake out of defiance. whether or not he's actually going to eat it remains undecided.
[break][break]
"the people here won't hesitate to, that's for sure," he continues. maybe if he'd asked what the complaints had been exactly, things would've become clearer a lot sooner. "learn to lie, katherine. people love lies."
[break][break]
after some internal struggle, he takes a bite of cake, but it's already been ruined for him. he places it down with a sigh. "and i run plenty, i'll have you know."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 16:50:04 GMT

[]

"I thought being honest is how I avoid being fired."

Well, no. She wasn't that naive. If anything, Katherine hoped that her comment will cause this reaction. She has to resist the urge to snicker at Marcel's frown. "Is that what you'd prefer though? That I lie to you? If you were on a date and some parsley was stuck in between your teeth, wouldn't you like to know?"

Comparing body-shaming to that scenario seemed like the biggest reach Kat could go for, really.

When the new slice of cake is put down after one bite, she knows that she had won. "Run where? The kitc-..." He did threaten to fire her a couple of moments ago, didn't he? Maybe teasing him further wasn't the greatest idea. "I mean... Yeah. But running alone is probably boring, isn't it?"

The Rocketess's words are carried along with a fake smile, akin to the one she had offered to one of the customers earlier.

tags:

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 17:51:13 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel tsks at the poor save. "more like all over town to apologise for your mistakes." he ignores the date comment--he wasn't about to go discussing his love life to a subordinate.
[break][break]
he folds the napkin around his slice of cake before tucking it into his pocket. "anyway," comes his inelegant segue, "i came here to tell you the job's finished. i caught my guy." katherine's spying had been of some use, admittedly, but he didn't feel she deserved the praise right now. "quit when you want, but i'm expecting a good word when you do."
[break][break]
with that, he leaves, though not before shooting katherine one last warning look.
[break][break]
when he's out the store and down the street, marcel finds himself lingering by a bin. much to his irritation, he takes out the cake slice and throws it in. "no fucking respect..." he mutters as he pulls out his phone, figuring out his next destination.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 18:41:25 GMT

[]

It feels practically impossible to keep these comments from coming. It's what keeps people around Katherine on their toes, always wary of what evil she could spew. As far as the was concerned, however, it was a part of her undeniable charm.

You just had to like it.

"Aw, already?" Despite the hint of disappointment in her tone, there's no doubt that Kat is happy to hear that she no longer needed to stay here. "I was finally starting to like these visits of yours." It gave her something to look forward to between all the mundane pastry selling. She nods at Marcel's last order, and her hand lifts to offer a parting wave.

"Okay! I promise."

She definitely sounded too happy.

tags:

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
sugar sweet [m]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 19:43:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy.
[break]