2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2020 14:29:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"'get down,'" she parroted, struggling to keep a straight face.

her lips wobbled before she released a short bark of laughter.

"
that's such a 1980's phrase."

cait relished the moment they shared, hopeful that this feeling of peace would remain. how long has it been since she had the time to simply relax? the young woman had been such a workaholic this past year she had neglected her dwindling friend circle; had barely been in contact with her family; failed to forge new bonds as well as acquiring new and fun romantic interests.

'and one night stands certainly don't count.'

"
did i ever tell you i had the biggest crush on ?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 0:24:48 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
It filled his tiny little croconaw heart to see her laugh so freely as she had, the smile that had planted itself on his lips as genuine as the bit of laughter she had barked out.

And at her sudden confession, he could only play into it, a hand moving over his mouth, a false shocked expression setting on his features as his other hand pressed into his chest. The over-exaggeration of a flamboyant noble whose honor was tested at their father’s ball easily shown by the mans body language.

No waaaaaaay? You HAVE to be joking? Fernando? Silph? ? No waaaaaaaay.

His voice was filled with insincerity, betraying the look he had given her with his physical demeanor.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 13:56:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her cheeks warmed, the subtle flush effectively concealed by dark skin.

"oh, shut up!"

she moved to gift the man a swift wack to his arm, only to pause; a look of uncertainty flitting across her features.

"
was it - is it that obvious?"

if kim had known - which he heavily hinted toward - did anyone else? 

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 3:52:12 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kay, to me, you’re an open book. I’ve spent more than enough time with you to read in between the lines with these sort of things.

His arms stretch up then settle behind his back as he looks forward, their walk forward stopped by a stream- Kim taking the opportunity to take a seat along the bank and dip a foot into the flowing water.

Don’t worry though, I’m pretty good at keeping secrets.

He looks back at her with a smile and winks instinctively.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 15:07:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

her shoulders sag lightly, the girl feigning apathy - though her facade was rather poor. 

"it's not like it matters," she said. "
he's not interested.

and she respected this, though her adoration of him refused to fade or dampen. cait desperately wanted him to be content with or without her, though her accumulation of failures had likely delayed such a development from happening. 

'i wish i could be that perfect soldier,' she thought. 'but i can't - no matter how much i pretend to be.' 

"
would you ever give up your council seat?

the question was perhaps out of left field, but she was curious about kim's aspirations. would be allow himself to grow wrinkled and gray as he continued to govern hoenn, or quietly retire long before?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2020 3:05:21 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Through a huff and smirk, Kim looks back in front of himself, playfully splashing in the stream with his feet as she gives herself a few less than uplifting words.

Trains come and go from station to station, Kay. But just because you like the look of one doesn’t mean you should get on it. If it isn’t meant to be, it isn’t meant to be. Your ride will come eventually, just be patient.

It worked for him, it was only bound to work for her… maybe.

I would give my council seat up in a heartbeat, Kay. You think I like being in charge of people let alone the decisions of an entire region? Hell no, it’s mad taxing. But it’s kinda my duty at this point to see this through until my time has come.

I’ll give up my seat as long as whoevers ass fills it sits as nicely as mine does.

But the way things were looking with the current state of the league, damn even Hoenn as a whole, it wasn’t likely his seat would be filled by another any time soon.

Why bring it up?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 7:20:34 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"curiosity, i suppose."

she wore a deeply contemplative expression, her brows lightly furrowed as she mulled over his words. it was sound advise, which preached patience and acceptance. it put her at ease somewhat; that perhaps if she remained patient her loneliness would come to pass.

'is it too much to ask for? to have someone who loves me as much as i love them.' 

and with the underlying tension in the air, she feared that she'd be far too preoccupied once called upon. she'd inevitably ripped from the life of a peace-abiding civilian to stand in defense of her region - a home that she'd gladly die for. 

"
i was so eager to give up my seat," she said. "and sometimes i wonder if i made a mistake."

but she couldn't simply renege on her decision - how would respond? he'd likely be disappointed by her indecision if she was inflicted by a sudden change of heart.

"
but we'll see, i suppose. thanks - for listening to me, by the way. i needed this more than you know."  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
sticky flower
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 19:01:10 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Mistake or not it’s a decision you made that you have to live with. Whether it was made on impulse or you thought it over properly doesn’t matter. You’re living in the result of the decision you made, and looking back to it as a regret won’t change the fact that it’s over and done with.

Kind of ironic wording to be giving to someone who’s the avatar to a time bender, but y’know, whatever makes the pain a little more bearable.

No problem, I’m more than happy to listen to my favorite ex-gym leader. Plus, now that you won’t be as busy, we can hang out more!

His eyes widen into a look of sudden surprise, an epiphany occurring in moments of listening to himself.

We can hang out while I’m shirking my work and Najwa’s too busy to!

It was a perfect alignment of stars, Kims eyes glinting with excitement.