where they least expect it, [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 2:13:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Priam.

Fucking.

Conrad.

How in the seven fucks was he supposed to complete this mission with a little brat like Priam? Sure, the little asswipe had gotten rocket some progress, but Abner was skeptical.

Simply because Priam was a kid.

So as Abner watched the match end, he glanced over at Priam, who had been hooting and hollering with the whole rest of the mess of douches in the tent... including himself.

"Whatcha think, Connie?"

Abner had decided just then that he'd call Priam that forever, sorry Priam.

"Wanna get in the ring with the rest of 'em? Used to be that they'd pit humans against pokemon... now it's all, fairness, an' shit."

Needless to say, Abner wasn't all that amused.

- boxing bouncer tos

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 18:44:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the nickname doesn't get anything from priam but an expectant smile. he always feels like he it's a sign that you're cool with another person when he calls you with a nickname.

"yeah! let me at 'em!" he responds with vigor.

he had heard of underground matches where they pit humans against pokemon on kanto before. maybe he could've found himself participating for cash if certain operations did not need him for manpower when he reached relevant age.

there was still the issue of whether their current job allows them to lax.

"can we do that though?" he asks, leaning forward to get a better view of the results. "aren't we supposed to be doing something else?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:48:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"] Abner promptly blew raspberries at the back of Priam's head.

"Buzz killer."

With a shrug, Abner nods toward the ring, smirking.

"How hard is it to keep an abra here at the door and let it teleport away all the baddies? We can go get a piece of the action. Hell, I'll fight you if you want. I haven't had a decent warm up in too long."

Not that Priam would be a decent warm up... or maybe he would? He had a decent body mass about him. But for some reason, Abner doubted he was much in the realm of fighting for his life.

"Though, you do know that the fights end one way or the other, by death, most of the time?"

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2020 12:07:55 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
being called a buzz killer brings a smile on his expression. was this the sign that he's somehow one step closer to being a mature individual and being a responsible adult? he is convinced that he is.

regardless, he doesn't take the abra suggestion with a grain of salt. priam contemplates about his growing collection of pokemon under his name, trying to remember which ones had teleport, when abner spews out another idea that invigorates priam.

"yeah, well, i'll fight you if you really want a fight!" he responds, childish vigor present.

he's been in a few street fights here and there, but never anything organized or extreme. besides, his style was messy and self-taught, never professional like what abner probably has under his belt.

"i've survived near death experiences, you know!" he protests defensively. "i-i'll survive, i bet!" winning, however, was not something he was confident with.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 14:43:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Abner always wanted a fight. It was a habit that he couldn't quite bring himself to break. Even when it came to watching matches, he just wanted to get into the ring and knock out some teeth.

"I know you have, Conrad. I might've been in hiding but I wasn't hiding under a rock."

Thanks to most of 's intel, constant updates, emails and other means, Abner was in on the loop. Now, did he remember the loop? Probably not. But if things were mentioned, they wouldn't be news to him. He'd go, 'oh yeah, I remember now.'

"But those near death experiences weren't me."

There's that wider-than-a-gengar's grin coming back in spades.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 15:43:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam sweats when abner mentions the one fact that makes him doubt any chances of winning.

"fuck, you're right!"

there's one thing priam remembers about the ex-rocket beast, and it was that he wouldn't have wanted to fight him back then on hoenn. there was also the fact that he was only like fifteen back then and a ten year gap felt like cheats.

he turns to abner, this time changing his stance on the subject, and asks him about his opinion.

"okay, but hypothetically-" priam felt smart using that word, "-you and i fight, how long do you think would i last? long enough for it to be interesting, right? i'll probably be at the higher brackets if rocket had some sort of tourney, i bet!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 16:10:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Abner watches Priam's excitement for a while and then suddenly he's letting out a hearty laugh. He shakes his head with a grin.

"I mean, yeah, I think you'd last long enough to make it interesting."

Nevermind the fact that it'd be interesting if Priam only lasted long enough for Abner to get a few good hits in before hooking him and pushing him to the ground for the tap out. But, it'd be fun non-the-less.

"Honestly, wouldn't mind if they managed a tournament of some sort... hell, gettin' me excited just thinkin' about it."

Glancing around, he looked to the entrance where a small dispute was beginning to rumble. He didn't much want to deal with the problem, so he released his pangoro and gave her a nod.

"Make 'em shut the fuck up, wouldja? They're disrupting the peace, or whatever."

Basically, he didn't want them to garner more attention then necessary. So, Pang stomped her way out and gave a snort, cracking her knuckles enough to get their attention. One look at her chewing on her small bamboo stick - rolled like a cigar mind you - had them immediately hushing and giving snarky comments a bit more quietly.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#765D75!important; letter-spacing: .3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 16:56:11 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
having a fight club in rocket starts to feed on priam's imagination as he fuels abner's musing with his own.

"only thing about that is a whole lot of rocket right now consists of nerds and office people," priam complains. "there's some that took self-defense lessons, but the way they fight is so boring. it's more clean than chaos."

the talk is interrupted by the commotion. priam turns his head around like a dog hearing the sound of kibble, managing to watch those people get easily intimidated by abner's pokemon.

"wow, they gave up just from that?" priam comments out loud. it was only then that he realizes the implications of having people that weren't invited for this kind of thing coming. it would only be a matter of time before the league gets notified of their presence.

"wait, does this mean we have to find a new place for this operation? i was starting to like this place too..."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 14:18:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"That was Igor Knotfskervol and Dan Daily. They're two little shits that have associations with rocket that run too deep for them to go to the league and bitch about not being let in. They weren't allowed in because whoever's running this shit show didn't put them on the list."

Abner's not bothered, he's relaxed, but mostly if the league showed up he had the excuse of 'well I was undercover here's my badge' to back him up. No, he didn't feel invincible. But he also didn't think he'd get caught. If he did get caught, he'd just snooze in a cell until he was released.

"Either way, we're fine kid. Take a chill pill."

Conrad was like a loaded gun with an itchy trigger finger. So much work. Abner was starting to wonder if he was getting to old for this shit... but he could admire Priam's energy. He'd had the same kind of energy too, back in Kanto. Still did have that kind of energy, given the right situation.

Playing bouncer was not that situation. At least he was gettin' paid.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 1:07:34 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"okay, cool. cool, cool, cool, cool."

not to say he was disappointed by the lack of action happening, but he would've rather have those people attempt to barge in so they can fight them or something. he slumps back, seemingly upset regardless of what would have happened.

the fights were fun to watch, but it had been relatively boring, like with all guard jobs they take for rocket. he gets his energy back quickly, surprisingly enough, and turns to abner, not willing to let the previous topic die because of the commotion.

"so, about that fight club..."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 5:47:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]abner receives the following: 75 pokedollars & 10 infamy.
[break]