thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 14:44:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]despite never having been to the petalburg gym, a wave of nostalgia hits him at the sight of it. the giant stadium looms over him, casting a shadow that stretches far and wide. something is stopping him from taking the step forward into the gym. it's not fear or nerves or anything of the sort, but perhaps a longing for a time that once existed. a time lost.

it isn't until the doors open and someone steps out to greet him does he snap out of it. "hey, sorry. lance vollans, i'm here to challenge the gym." 

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 16:48:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]"Hm? You see that or it just me?"

Francie had asked her lycanroc who was scratching at his ear before looking to the doors. A man had approached, stopped, and simply lingered. When the timing got uncomfortable, Francie made her way to the doors and opened them.

Seemed she had startled the man and she was quick to apologize, leading him inside and happily helping him to sign up for the challenge he'd requested. A battle, not a maze, silly Wizz.

Once she got them squared away she led him to the battle arena. The lycanroc that had followed her, Lyonel, made his way out into the battle arena and gave a triumphant howl that did nothing but boost his ego.

"One on one, one round battle. I'm ready when you are!"

- you may begin rolling

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 18:06:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]and in a blink of an eye lance finds himself stood on one end of a battlefield. he takes in a breath and pushes back the waves of nostalgia, not allowing them to overwhelm him. the next few actions are done out of habit, starting with what he says:

"good luck." 

a hand to his belt finds spiritomb's pokeball and out comes the ghost-type. the swirl of purple flashes a dizzying array of bright colors in a HYPNOSIS.

S30cQZtx

[1-60 lycanroc falls asleep]

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 19:23:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie gave a polite smile at the notion of good luck, but the second that pokemon was thrown out and the battle began, Francie's eyes widened. That glow, it had Francie quickly raising her hands to her mouth.

"Throat chop!"

The lycanroc quickly leapt forward the extend it's claw in a throat chop, though admittedly finding the throat on that thing wasn't easy, thanks to the lycanroc's no guard ability, accuracy wasn't much of an issue.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 19:50:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]it's difficult to find a throat when one doesn't exist and yet the attack still lands, but not before a SUCKER PUNCH catches the lycanroc off guard. kuo braces through the pain and flashes another set of lights as the green hues start to morph into a HYPNOSIS.

perhaps this time they'll be more successful.

7i4NutqZ

[1-60 lycanroc falls asleep]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 20:20:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]They weren't quick enough the second time. Lyonel succumbs to the hypnosis that came after his throat chop and before he succumbed to the hypnosis from the spiritomb.

Francie clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. She hated when they fell asleep in battle, what was she supposed to do?? She couldn't very well wake him with her voice, she just had to wait for Lyonel to snap out of it, really.

"Shit."

It was rare that she used such language, but given the fact that the spiritomb likely knew dream eater or nightmare, she hated that he might be tortured... though knowing Lyonel, he'd be offended if he was woken up from the nap regardless.

/ post 1 of 3 for wake

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 6:01:41 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the green hues end their rotation and lance can see the way the lycanroc sways back and forth before falling to the ground. it's a familiar sight and what comes next is no different.

"DREAM EATER." 

the spiritomb invades into the depths of the lycanroc's mind, viewing all of its dreams before morphing them into something more volatile. something damaging.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:27:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]All Francie can do is sit and watch, which is painful of itself. But she remains strong. Her lycanroc isn't the strongest when it comes to his mind, specifically this one, and it has her gritting her teeth.

There's no way to wake him. Items aren't allowed, and she realized that the lycanroc won't last much longer. Namely with how he's whining in his sleep.

Without much hesitation, she returns her lycanroc to his pokeball, withdrawing him from the battle and forfeiting the battle in hopes that he'll sleep a little easier now.

"I concede."

- francie withdrew lyonel
lance is the winner!

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 9:06:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]blame should never be placed on a trainer for sparing their pokemon from a lost fight. the moment the words leave their opponent is when the DREAM EATER and HYPNOSIS would have stopped if she hadn't already recalled it. shades of purple and green flicker and disappear as spiritomb is also recalled.

"thank you." 

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
kivi [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2020 15:59:07 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]

you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy.
[break]