celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 21:22:37 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]blaring music, drinks, and the entire night to dance? fuck yeah. what more could a girl ask for? well... admittedly, a partner to have some fun with. but she's content to make an ass out of herself on the dance floor without a warm body at her back.

a few girls come and join her at one point. half yelling something about girl power and sign her up, the blonde is pulling them closer before they can decide that they really don't want to sign up for the kind of mess she is. a few songs pass them by before the blonde is finally slinking away from the dance circle and making her way back to the bar.

someone had knocked her drink out of her hand a song or two back and while she had been too absorbed in her new gal pals to really care, the urge to resume sipping on something is back in full force. she teeters on heels that are will end up snapping before the night's done and all but bumps into the bar. oops, that's a drink spilling next to her. "sorry!" she tries to not laugh but it escapes anyway, as if another's drink spilling is somehow karma for her own that had fallen victim to another. "i'll buy you another one, yeah?"

open!
dance the night away thread prompt

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 5:42:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ro was going to be angry with her. Or even more likely, disappointed. But she was back living much closer to her hometown than she'd ever really wanted to again, and she felt like she had a right to feel properly ambivalent about it—and to get a little liquored over it in the sort of place a straight-laced literature nerd normally didn't skulk around.

Maybe she hadn't thought this through properly after all. The music was deafening, and the constant frenzy on the dance floor kept distracting her from the corner of her eye. But she was just settling deep enough into her whiskey now that the sensory overload was starting to soften into a pleasantly mindless drone.

The reverie of her staring competition with her drink was broken without warning, as an elbow flew from somewhere out of left field and knocked her glass sideways. Mara scowled, though more in confusion than anger. It was only after a long, dismayed second of watching the dregs of her drink seep across the bar that she finally looked up at the lady who was offering to buy a replacement.

"Uh...sure! I'd like that. I wasn't quite done with that whiskey," she said with a short laugh. Then she gave the lady a second look. "I think I saw you dancing earlier. No clue how you're getting by in heels. My feet would be killing me." She said this in a tone of due appreciative awe.

Just because this stranger had knocked a perfectly good drink out of her hand didn't mean she wasn't going to be friendly.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 18:35:12 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]oooh, whiskey! a lady after her own heart. the grin she flashes is half friendly, half devious. and then without even offering another word, she's whipping her head to the bartender. the man raises an eyebrow at her as if she's been slinking back to his bar for over an hour now. and really, she has but that's beside the point. first, drinks! "two please, love."

he leaves them to make their drinks. and she doesn't bother to watch him leave like she normally would. instead, she'll turn her attention back to the woman at her side. "sorry again about your drink!" it's a party foul, that much she knows. always a sad moment in the night.

the mention about her heels has her slipping into a fit of giggles, one of her legs rising to show them off a little better. damn, they really do look nice. good choice, even if one will probably snap after too many drinks and too many moves. "these bad boys can handle anything! well, except me by the end of the night but... anyway!" she'll pause to lean forward, to tilt her head curiously. "i didn't see you out there. not in a dancing mood?"

it's only when the drinks come back and she's already halfway through hers that it dawns on her that she forgot to ask for a name. oops. scatterbrain, hello there. "so, new friend for the night," her grin is fuzzy but warm enough to be considered pleasant. "got a name?"

@mara
dancing the night away prompt!

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 19:06:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mara didn't need to catch the bartender's look to tell that the lady next to her had already made much better use of the bar than she had that night. The whole stumbling-into-strangers-and-knocking-over-their-drinks thing was a bit of a giveaway, even with heels.

Mara didn't have plans to have quite as good of a night. But she certainly wasn't going to say no to a refill.

"Don't worry about it!" she said when the woman apologized again. She was so giggly and clearly in a good mood that Mara couldn't fault her for not looking where she was going. When she held up a foot to show off her heels, Mara put on an amazed expression. "Wow! Fancy! Are they really not giving you blisters...?"

At the question about whether she was in a dancing mood, Mara laughed. "Never in my life!" She was just here for the alcohol. Drinking at home wasn't really an option--Ro would find her stash long before she could enjoy any of it.

Speaking of drinks! The bartender returned with theirs, and Mara took a grateful sip. And then her eyebrows almost vanished under her bangs as the stranger knocked back half of hers almost immediately. She hoped she wouldn't have to save this lady from an unexpected date with the floor if she lost track of her legs. Mara continued to nurse her own drink, and even though she was a tiny bit worried for the stranger, she smiled back with sincere warmth when she asked for a name.

"My name's Mara," she said. "What's yours?" Then she made a vague gesture to their surroundings. "I'm kinda new to the city--just moved here last week. Is all of Slateport this...much?" She didn't quite mean to, but her sheepish smile broadcasted a fish-out-of-water vibe.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 21:28:18 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"nope!" giada practically pops the word out of her mouth. a giggle follows, along with the wiggling of an ankle. heels are hit or miss sometimes. they'll either break your ankles or you'll break hearts with them. no in betweens, unless you count breaking them... okay, maybe an in between. "they're surprisingly comfy for stilettos. crazy, right?" she'll lower her leg back to the floor after another moment of staring at the black heel. the barely audible clack is almost music to her ears. something about a heel against tile, man. powerful. "plus, they're super cute and i'd be willing to experience a few blisters for these." maybe it also helps that her usual footwear includes boots with heels taller than the ones currently strapped to her ankles.

the blonde giggles and pauses to glance out onto the dance floor. that group of girls from earlier have seemed to move on. maybe they're hitting up another bar or their feet simply hurt. oh well, more room for her and her new friend. "why not?" her eyes dart back to the woman at her side, curious and unashamed with her question. "i bet you have some killer moves, darling." she won't push it if it's not fitting for her friend but dancing is more fun in groups. actually, kinda similar to hunting. huh, imagine that!

she misses the look of surprise on mara's face because really, nothing comes between her and a drink. not her cats, not her job, not even her favorite man or friend or whatever he is (sorry ). anyway, she finishes the remains of the whiskey as if it's child's play and is quick to push away from the bar on wobbly feet like if she stays there longer she'll drink their entire supply. the heels might sway and even bend a little but they refuse to snap yet.

"mara," she repeats excitedly, as if it's her new favorite name of the hour. and hopefully this time, she'll actually remember it and the woman it's attached to by the night's end. "giada, but you can call me gia. or whatever you'd like, doesn't matter." her eyes follow the gesture like a cat would a toy, quick and darting. words are spoken beneath the volume of whatever song they're playing and giada has to slip a little closer to hear the full extent of the sentence. and once she does, the smile that breaks onto her lips is bright and probably up to no good. "you're new here? girl, let me tell you! slateport, at night? amazing! nothing quite like it. well, actually, probably but not the point!" at some point during her excited chatter, she almost slings an arm over mara's shoulders and then decides against it last minute. don't touch unless allowed, gia. you know this. "i'd be happy to show you all the sights and shit," she'll pause as her smile shifts to mirror that of a gengar's, a thought popping into her mind within seconds. "but only if you honor me with a dance!"

cue her best puss in boots eyes.

@mara

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 1:20:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Darling? Something about being called that, and the implication that she was hiding serious dance talent, made Mara blush bright red. She took a gulp of whiskey to cover her embarrassment. And the tone the wobbly lady used to repeat her name (so much enthusiasm!) didn't help either.

She cursed her heart for being so invested in a stranger's less-than-sober opinion of her.

"Gia it is!" said Mara. "Great name. I don't think I've ever heard it before."

She was feeling warm, and her prickly sense of personal space was reacting more slowly than normal, but she was still very aware of the fact that Gia was leaning in towards her while Mara talked about being new in town. This probably wasn't the best place for someone with a voice as quiet as hers, huh...?

Anyway, her instinct for conversation starters was spot on this time; as soon as the question was out of her mouth, Gia was grinning and chatting—and still lingering very much within Mara's personal space, thank you very much—but her enthusiasm was infectious, and Mara smiled back at her as she listened.

And then Gia put out her ultimatum, and Mara had to freeze her smile in place to cover her reflexive squirm of dismay.

Maybe her first drink was hitting her harder than expected, or maybe it was the reckless abandon of being a completely unknown person in a new town—but whatever it was, something made Mara glance at the dance floor, give a comedically exaggerated sigh, down the rest of her still-mostly-full drink, look Gia square in her puppy-dog face with a conspiratorial smile, and say, "Let's do it, then!"

Under different circumstances, a conscientious voice in her brain would have been saying what on earth Mara, you've never done club dancing in your life, what are you even doing. But the whiskey had neatly put that voice to bed for the evening.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
tempo [o]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2020 2:38:25 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]due half to fuzzy drink brain and mostly to mara's ability to cover up her embarrassment, she doesn't pick up on the blush. it escapes her about as quickly as the next giggle does. her head tilts to one side and her best smile is placed with wobbly fingers onto her lips. "thank you!" she takes a moment to think, as if recalling something. and the next thing she says solidifies that she was, in fact, searching for something in her mind. a fact, it turns out. "i think it means jade or something. i'm not complaining, i love jade." anything sparkly and worth a fortune, really.

about halfway through invading mara's personal space, giada realizes something. her new friend is adorable and she'd very much love to simply keep her in her pocket forever. a total cutie and maybe she almost voices it but the vibrating bass of the next song makes it difficult to get a word out about anything. in fact, all of her thoughts drift out with the influx of music. a heel begins tapping on the floor.

and apparently, her puppy dog eyes did the trick because not only has she managed to make a friend but she's now given the absolute honor of dragging her onto the dance floor? oh hell yeah! the squeal that escapes is definitely drunk and tinged with whiskey but genuinely excited nonetheless. giada doesn't even bother to order herself another drink. instead, she'll trot a few steps before spinning on her heels to offer a hand to mara with a dramatic flourish. "shall we, darling?" it's difficult to keep a charming face on when she's a mess of giggles but she tries her hardest. she's finding it harder to stand still now. the music is in full swing and while she doesn't fully recognize the song, she can't deny the way her hips are already swaying to the beat.

"i'll make a dancer out of you," she promises with a devious grin and a wink. "just you wait!"

@mara