thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
if you don't wanna see me dancing with somebody [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 14:09:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]his hands linger on the curves of her body as her gaze wanders. she voices what they're both thinking and there's no hesitation in the way his lips curl into a smile.

it's rare to meet someone as blunt as him and perhaps for that reason, she continues to hold so much of his interest. he wants to know more, so he nods, before finally pulling a hand away to pay for their drinks.

"yours."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 12:19:47 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

The process of finding a cab is an easier one than she'd expected. The first driver that passes by them stops after noticing Katherine's raised hand. He seems to take a hint well since beyond asking for an address at the beginning, he never once disturbs Lance and her by trying to spark some small talk.
[break][break]
The drive, despite how short it was, is anything but boring. Katherine doesn't particularly mind the presence of the stranger in the car - she spends most of the time close to Lance. Her gaze drowning in his eyes, her lips pleading to taste his. To hell with what's appropriate.[break]
She's too drunk to care.
[break][break]
She opens the door to her apartment after fumbling with the keys a little.
[break][break]
Despite the darkness shrouding Katherine's home, it takes no more than a glance to notice that her place is messy. It's less of an ordinary mess and did mostly belong to the pokemon she raised. Speaking of which, the tv unpromptedly flashes a couple of times to greet them. It's a haunted house, there is no other way to describe it.
[break][break]
Although normally she would have excused her Rotom's behavior, she sees no point in doing so now. Instead, she focuses on peeling her clothes off of her body.

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2020 13:37:33 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the silence of the drive allows him a brief moment to collect himself. he had allowed himself to be distracted while on the job, which is a mistake he would have berated anyone else for. he could reason it with how it helped him keep his cover, or how it helped him blend in, but he knows it's not why he did it. before he can ponder further, her lips find his, and he's pulled away again.

the room is dark but it matters little to him. he barely notices the flashing of the tv, too distracted by her presence. this is her home, so he allows her to take the lead. he loses his clothing as fast as she does, and he finds an opportunity to take the earpiece out to bury it somewhere in the pile.

he's not sure what he finds. the couch, maybe? either way, they bump into something and he shifts closer, skin touching skin, as his hands move along the curves of her body, exploring.

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 13:18:31 GMT
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
It's a restless night, but Katherine wouldn't have it any other way. It's never felt so right to share her bed with someone until tonight. It's so rare that she had completely forgotten about what it feels like. The comfort in it. The light, peaceful sleep that came afterwards almost as if being rewarded for a good choice.

The correct one, maybe.

Whereas normally Kat wouldn't invite someone home, tonight she did. Whereas normally she'd stay up to call a cab for whoever she spent her night with, tonight she didn't.

When the lavender-haired woman finally fell asleep, she wished in her heart for Lance to stay for the morning. She was way too drunk to remind herself that this wasn't serious, and the whole point was for her to not develop a childish crush on a two-nights stand.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 13:50:38 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]despite the light sleep that overcomes him, he still awakes sometime in the middle of the night. he blinks in the darkness, doing his best not to shift too much to wake her. he doesn't even make it to the edge of the bed before he stops to look back at her, and it's in that moment that he decides.

something wills him to stay. he tells himself it's the comfort and warm she provides, but a part of him doubts it. he doesn't know, but not knowing might not be so bad this time. so he gently falls back into bed, shifting closer to her before sleep takes him once again.

he sleeps through the rest of the night, peaceful.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 10:48:03 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
For some reason, Katherine was an early bird this morning.

She woke up earlier than normal and was definitely surprised to find Lance in her bed. She remembered bits and pieces of last night, and as of right now, she still had to put them together. Did she offer him to stay the night? She must have because she felt no urge to kick him out or 'accidentally' wake him before he was ready.

Instead, Kat slipped out of the bed as quietly as possible, walking on the tip of her toes to avoid making any sound. One of the many tricks she learned in her time of living in a house full of ghosts.

Katherine's Leafeon, Ivy, joined her in the kitchen. The grass-type moved in between her trainer's legs, pleading with a purr for some attention.

"Shh... I haven't had any coffee yet, Ivy." Speaking of which, she opened her fridge to retrieve a carton of cold brew coffee along with a carton of milk, pouring just enough to fill half of her glass with coffee and the rest with milk.

And as soon as she sat down and took her first sip, she finally beckoned for Ivy to come back and sit by her.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 12:01:48 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]the sleep he has is good, great, better than usual and he awakens feeling rested for once, so much so that he considers not getting up at all. his eyes open to unfamiliar surroundings and memories of the night before returns. he still considers it, if only for a moment, before reaching for his clothing that are scattered across the room. he eventually steps out of the room, shirtless.

"oh good morning." rubbing the back of his neck, he stifles a yawn as he walks over for his shirt on the floor. "did you sleep well?"

this is weird. the mornings after have always been spent alone, and so he's not too sure how to feel about this. still, he takes a seat across her, coffeeless.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 13:42:52 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine's hand softly trails over her Leafeon's back, earning the woman a satisfied purr every now and then from the grass-type.

The patting stops when Lance leaves the bedroom and the lavender-haired woman finds herself staring directly at him, her cup of coffee hanging just below her lips. She realizes she hadn't said it back, or well, anything. Awkward. "Oh, uhm, yeah. I did." Kat almost admits that it was better than usual, but refrains from doing so at the last moment.

"What about you?"

She isn't very used to being polite, and it shows in the delay her response has. "Oh, there's more coffee if you want. Cold-brew. I have some tea as well, if that's your thing."

Ivy finally snaps her attention to the source that had stolen Katherine's focus from her, glaring at the unknown man. If she was to purr now, it'd likely sound a bit more threatening.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 13:52:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i did, more so than usual." where she chooses not to say it, he has no issues with his response, as he is someone who is always blunt despite the situation or his feelings.

he doesn't stay seated for very long before he's up on his feet again, walking over towards the fridge. he finds the cold-brew with ease, but he lingers by the fridge to look at its contents. he peers over his shoulder and asks a question that blurs the line of intimacy.

"are you hungry?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 14:13:04 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine was far from a cook, so her fridge was always left with a scarce amount of products. There were enough vegetables to make a salad or two with, some eggs, a carton of milk, and another one for her precious cold-brew coffee. If it wasn't for the closet full of clothes and jewelry she often wore, one would think that she needed some help.

In reality, she simply never cared to learn how to cook.

"A little." Kat admits before resuming the patting session. "Why? Were you thinking about ordering something?" She hadn't considered the chance that Lance was willing to cook for them instead.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 14:26:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]he's already reaching for what little products she has in her fridge when she asks her question. "no. you have enough stuff here to make something." he places the products on the counter before reaching for wherever she keeps her pans and tableware. pan on the stove, eggs and milk in the bowl, he starts whisking away as the pan heats up.

the way he moves almost feels too natural. he takes a sip of the cold-brew before starting on the salad, which doesn't take him long to finish before he's back at the pan, ready to start with the eggs.

"how do you like your eggs cooked?" he asks, sipping at his coffee.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 14:57:21 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Even if she wanted to consider ordering breakfast, the option is tossed away as soon as Lance takes charge and begins to place products on the counter. He finds a pan without any help, and it's then that Katherine realizes that it did seem very natural to him.

If this wasn't her place and she didn't know any better, she would have guessed that he's been here before.

"Soft scrambled."

Her answer is plain and no further details are offered, mostly because she was curious to see him in action. There wasn't a whole lot of room for error, but you could usually tell if someone knew what they were doing by simply noting when they added the salt and pepper.

She takes another sip from her coffee before rising from her seat and walking towards the kitchen. Kat admires his work with her stare, but she doesn't offer any help.

"You're the best cook this kitchen has seen, by the way." Not that it meant much. "Do you do this often?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 15:09:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]contrary to popular belief, he seasons the egg with salt before he pours it into the pan. it has always resulted in more tender eggs, and so he sees no reason to deviate from what works. with the heat set to low, the egg cooks slowly, allowing him a moment to turn to look at her.

"they usually leave before i get a chance to." the wink he gives her is meant to convey his indifference to the last time they met. he finds it normal, and even a little amusing, but that's more so because they managed to run into each other again.

he returns his attention to the eggs, and softly scrambles them as they continue to cook. "i'd ask if you usually cook but i saw your fridge," he chuckles. "are you not home much?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 16:06:26 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"I guess they're missing out then."

Her smile is gentle and soft blush taints her cheeks even after Lance turns back to face the stove, "I mean... A good-looking guy who lives in Slateport and also knows how to cook?" She gave it a thought for a second or two, "It's pretty rare."

"I try not to be here more than I have to." It almost sounds sad but in reality, or at least Katherine's reality, it wasn't. "I keep myself busy with work and all of that."

"But it's not as bad as it sounds, I promise."

"What about you?" Her violet eyes remain focused on him. Kat convinces herself that she's only asking because maybe there was something for her to earn out of getting to know Lance, although there's more to it.
She was genuinely curious and interested in him.

"Do you have someone waiting for you at home?" Maybe she should've considered checking his hands for a wedding ring.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 16:27:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]even though his eyes are elsewhere, she holds the majority of his attention, as he listens with genuine curiosity.

"the exact same answer as you." how precarious. he doesn't linger on the similarity for too long, however. "i actually live in lilycove, but i travel so much that it doesn't feel like home."

the eggs come close to being done so he reaches for two plates, before moving the salad over onto them. her question catches him slightly off guard, but he hides it well.

"would it disappoint you if i said yes?" the tease easily escapes him, but he pauses what he's doing then to look at her. "no, i don't."