[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

Katherine felt like dancing.
[break][break]
And while it would've been easy to show up in 's place and force him to come to the club with her, she chose not to show again in his house without warning. He seemed slightly bothered by it last time. Besides, this left her a lot more time to choose her outfit carefully. She settled eventually for a black, off-shoulder crop top and a pair of tight jeans that complimented her natural curves.
[break][break]
She went with a bright, ruby-red shade for her lips and applied only a bit of mascara. She also chose to wear one of the many gold necklaces she had no business in owning. Not with what little money she earned from her day jobs, at least.
[break][break]
Her trip in the cab is a short one and she's left disappointed after paying the driver. This line was too long. And despite the protest of a couple of strangers, Katherine moves past them to reach the person at the start of it - Lance.
[break][break]
She moved to link her arm with his, "Thanks for waiting for me, babe." And then finally, she lifts her eyes to spare a glance at the man she was trying to use to cut through the line– oh. Awkward. They knew each other. She was hoping this would be just a guy she could ditch inside. Oops.

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
if you don't wanna see me dancing with somebody [m]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 7:50:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance feels someone linking their arm with his and he turns, surprised, but decides to not pull away when he sees a familiar face. it might have taken him a second, but the purple of her hair is hard to forget.

"what took you so long, kat?" he is quick on his feet, quipping back so naturally that it puts the bouncer at ease. he shifts closer to further sell their cover, and before he knows it, the bouncer's ushering them in.

he moves with her, leaning in to whisper something to her before they enter the club. "you owe me one."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 8:01:32 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Kat swears she can hear someone curse her for managing to slip in so easily, but she couldn't care less now that she's inside.
[break][break]
Her arm stays linked to Lance's in the meantime, just in case the bouncer takes another look at them– or at least that's what she tells herself. "I do?" And here she was thinking that her looks alone could buy her an easy way in. "Well, I guess I can buy you a drink." Her smile is soft, and it certainly adds to her natural charm.
[break][break]
They reach the bar and Katherine almost immediately lifts her free hand to signal to the bartender for two shots. She didn't particularly care for which type of alcohol he'd choose to go with.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 8:14:38 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]despite the very clear distraction clinging to his arm, he finds himself glancing around the club, studying, understanding, before they reach the bar. the bartender approaches and is met with a very quick response: "whiskey," and there's something about the ranger that screams top-shelf so he'll get the finest of whiskeys. it'll cost more, but surely katherine could afford it.

eventually, he returns his gaze to her, slipping his arm away if only to move his hand to rest against her side. "here alone?" he asks, already assuming the answer. "how unfitting."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 8:30:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

That infectious, dazzling smile of hers lingers even after Lance makes his comment.
[break][break]
"You'd be surprised."
[break][break]
The bartender returns with two shots of whiskey that's been poured from a bottle that screamed 'expensive'. Frankly, Katherine didn't care for the price either way. She grabbed one of the classes and waited for Lance to do the same before toasting with his, "Cheers."
[break][break]
She downs it quickly, and despite the fact that it still had a kick and a burn - it sailed down her throat smoothly. Definitely worth the price.
[break][break]
"Come," Kat reached for Lance's hand before beginning to pull him after her, "We're going to dance." From king and queen to a pair who's dancing in a club. What a journey.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 8:45:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"cheers," he says, meeting her toast before downing the very expensive liquor. the sting is smooth, familiar, and it dulls some of his concerns. he places it back down on the counter before being pulled away towards the dance floor. she'll find no resistance as he trails after her.

distractions. more distractions. how they manage to slip their way through is almost too easy. but maybe it's because he allows them to.

the air is electrifying and magnetic, pulling them closer until there's no space between them. he moves with the flow of the music and easily slips into the rhythm, pairing with her with such ease. the only time he ever looks away from her is to glance at the stairs at the back, as if expecting someone, but he returns to her almost instantly.

a hand holds her close to him as they continue to dance.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 9:18:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Katherine sways left and she sways right, matching the loud melody that echoes inside the club. It looks like second nature for her, and how easy it is for her to dance along with Lance only makes it more enjoyable. He's easy and fun - and it's all she wants. All she can look for.
[break][break]
And it is for that reason that a seed of jealousy blooms in her heart when his stare breaks away from her.
[break][break]
She's supposed to be the center of attention now. Hell, maybe even forever. Who could he possibly be waiting for? Who could possibly matter more than her in this very instant?
[break][break]
Her arms move upwards and wrap around his neck. Her hold is loose but their bodies are practically moving as one at this point.
[break][break]
If she was competing against any other girl in this club or outside of it, she intended to win. The thrill of a potential contest mixed with her desire for Lance makes this all the more serious.
[break][break]
Or maybe it isn't that serious and that shot of whiskey did more than she imagined it could.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 10:34:45 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]his attention is being pulled in two different directions but he manages to juggle them well enough. he slips just once and though he doesn't see it in her expression, the way she moves to wrap her arms around his neck is telling. he'll make up for it, he decides, as he continues to dance with her.

still, his sense of duty compels him to remain vigilant. it might be subtle in the way he moves but he's shifting their positions, moving left, right, then left if only to rotate them so he ends up with a better view of the stairwell. someone might come down from there or they might not, and until he receives confirmation, he continues to observe from the dance floor.

but the way his eyes shift back and forth might be telling; more so than that, it might be sending the wrong message, because the stairwells lead up to a more private area. he moves then so his body presses against hers, grinding as he peers down into her eyes. for now, she holds his attention.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 14:00:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Annoying.
[break][break]
She wants to kick him straight between his legs for mistreating her, his queen. But despite the fact that revenge is a dish best served cold, Katherine opts not to do so. She's enthralled by Lance's beauty and charm just as she's annoyed by the way he kept looking towards the stairwell.
[break][break]
Is he waiting for someone else? Does he want to go there? Is she doing something wrong?
[break][break]
Confidence might as well be Katherine's second name, but if there was anything that could cause it to waver, it was this. Him. A pretty face with a silver tongue. And she can only curse herself for being so weak.
[break][break]
"What is it?" She whispers into his ear.
[break][break]"Do you want to head upstairs? Or are you scared someone will see us together?" After all, until now, she never asked if Lance was supposed to meet someone else here or if he was even single.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 15:02:22 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]it's only by pure luck that she whispers into the ear without the earpiece in it. she's observant and quick, he notes, because she had been able to pick up on the subtle lapses of his attention. "no," he shakes his head at her last question just as he hears static in his other ear.

lance has to stop himself from reaching his hand up to tap the earpiece, finally breaking the force of habit. 'not tonight. go home.' he exhales a sigh, relieved. apparently his target is not due to show up tonight. duty finally settles into the back of his mind as he turns his full attention back to her.

"how rude of me," he whispers into her ear. "forgive me, my queen."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 18:31:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"I have a feeling that if I start forgiving you now, I'll have to get used to doing it again and again."
[break][break]
Overall, Katherine is as blunt and sincere as one could hope to find. Maybe even a bit more than necessary. However, despite this tough act, she isn't able to hold feelings of anger towards Lance. She goes against her gut feeling and forgives him– despite knowing what fate it spells for her in the future.
[break][break]
Oh well.[break]
She'll deal with it when it happens.
[break][break]
"Whatever." Her eyes roll backwards and then they momentarily shift away to the side, towards the direction of the bar. "You can apologize by getting me another drink." And she can't help but flash a smile along with those words.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 8:07:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]despite the bluntness of her words, she forgives him, and he sees it in the way her lips curl into a smile. "of course," he whispers back, reaching a hand up to caress the lines of her jaw before pulling her with him towards the bar, away from the commotion of the dance floor.

"whiskey," only from the top-shelf, as two glasses are soon placed in front of them. he wishes he had a moment to remove the earpiece but it'll have to wait. "only the best for you." he slides over his apology in the form of a drink, and raises his to toast with hers.

shot.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 5:07:38 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Her skin tingles at his touch, eyes closing momentarily as if Katherine completely forgot that they were still standing at the center of the dance floor. It wasn't the right place for her to melt under Lance's touch, but it happens anyway.
[break][break]
It's his touch again that causes her to snap back into reality. His hand takes hers, pulling her towards the bar.
[break][break]
"I don't try this often." She's half referring to the drink in her hand, and half to Lance. To the idea of seeing someone again. Kat imagined that the day she walked out of his apartment was the last day they'll see each other, but fate had a different plan for them.
[break][break]
"But it isn't too bad."
[break][break]
The burn in her throat is intoxicating, and for some reason, she now longs to see if the taste of the whiskey lingered on Lance's lips. Even without the aid of alcohol, it's rare for Katherine to not follow after her desires. Her finger tugs on Lance's shirt, pulling him in closer for their lips to meet.
[break][break]
Maybe whiskey should be her drink of choice after all.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2020 15:08:29 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"this?"

he plays the part of an oblivious fool, tilting his head slightly to regard her words. she's either referring to the drink or to him, and while he chooses to believe the latter, he wants to hear it from her.

but her fingers on his shirt pulls him close, interrupting. their lips meet and the feeling is intoxicating—she is intoxicating—but he already knows this. when they finally break, he stays close to whisper:

"would you try this again?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 6:24:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

Her eyes, even after opening, stay slightly lidded. It doesn't seem like Katherine wanted to open them at all. If it was up to her, he'd still be kissing her.
[break][break]
"I thought I already am." Her gaze begins to wander and scan Lance up and down, the object of her affection. It's so rare for her to meet a guy for the second time, but it's much rarer for her to enjoy his presence more than she did the first time. She completely forgot what this feels like.
[break][break]
"We should get out of here."
[break][break]
She wasn't referring to a more secluded part of the club, no. Far from that. "My place or yours?" Unlike last time, she's willing to offer him the chance to see where she lives.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES