get well [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:25:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]finally, he drinks. the now-diluted whiskey flows down the back of his throat, and despite the lighter taste, it still burns. at that point, he decides to commit, and downs the rest of the drink before placing the glass back down on the counter.

a soft smirk graces his features, likely mirroring hers, and it holds even as she leans in a little closer. how she stares at him is a little uncomfortable, but he steels himself because as long as she's staring, then so can he.

"i'm sorry, are my questions not up to your standards?"

the bartender soon returns with both their drinks. he reaches for his, following her lead. "what would you ask if you were me?"

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn b] color: #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:32:27 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"perhaps," she murmurs. her eyes are having difficulty focusing on his given the fact that that smirk is enticing and she's a sucker. she doesn't hide the way her gaze drops to trace it and then slowly rises back up.

"i just can't help but wonder if you'd prefer to be asking other questions," she tries to drawl it innocently but it comes out more suggestive than anything. fitting, honestly, but it's fine.

and then, he finally finishes his drink and the grin she wears is almost satisfied. not quite but getting there. and maybe for every single drink he finishes, she'll have five but it's fine. she's enjoying herself.

"what're you doing later?" definitely not innocent and definitely provocative. the cheshire cat smile only solidifies her intentions but she doesn't care. instead, she knocks the next drink back and looks expectant for whatever answer he gives.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:39:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the blinking red of the recorder goes unnoticed as they continue to speak. the way she leans in is enticing and he finds it increasingly harder to uphold some form of professionalism. he brings the drink to his lips, using it as a lifeline even if it lasts only for a few moments.

"it wouldn't be professional of me to ask you that."

it might come off as playing hard to get but honestly, he's just deflecting to buy himself some time to think, to gather his thoughts in an otherwise tricky situation. his finger taps idly against the counter, but he decides on an answer.

"nothing." a pause. "you?" not intended.

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 17:53:53 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]professional this, professional that. if she rolled her eyes any harder, they'd be in the back of her skull.

she ignores the next drink as it comes. instead, focusing solely on him and the way he raises his glass, sips, and then returns the glass to speak instead. and while she should be respectful or whatever, it's never been a thing that goes in the same sentence as her.

"i mean," she begins, hand shifting to swirl the alcohol and ice around her glass. it distracts her for a moment, words failing and then coming back after silence lingers for too long. "i wouldn't mind seeing how unprofessional you can get." she doesn't add a wink for this one. no, instead she'll offer a pointed stare as if he knows what she's getting at.

intended or not, she's sinking her teeth into that one without hesitation. give the girl an inch and she'll try to take a mile.

"you," comes quickly as if she was already planning on saying that anyway. there's no shame on her face, only mischief.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:11:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]she wouldn't mind, but he might. he prides himself too much on his work to allow himself to feel comfortable with the detour their interaction has taken. the lack of a wink almost worries him, as he continues to deflect using the drink in his hand.

her response almost makes him choke on his drink. almost. by some miracle, he makes it through without a problem, before settling the glass back down against the counter. he clears his throat, shifting in his seat.

"i'm flattered, miss brown."

he tells himself it's because he's working, but honestly, he'd probably react the same way in any other scenario. he's not used to this, and his inexperience shows in how he chooses to avoid the topic entirely.

"what injuries did you sustain from the incident?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:19:23 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]confusion etches itself onto her features for a moment because really, the whole fake last name thing escaped her until now. alcohol and lies don't mix? sure, we'll go with that. she's not sure how others do it, really. like marcel. how does he remember which name to use? confusing.

"flattered but not taking the chance," she comments and while normally she'd pout or show some displeasure over being denied, there's no room for it. not right now, anyway. instead he shifts into the next topic, avoiding and avoiding and distracting her from prying into what she wants.

giada takes a sip of the drink in her hand, slower than usual. maybe it's because she's already feeling the previous ones or she simply doesn't want to show this man exactly how many she can knock out before it's too late. either way, she's slowing down enough to process the question.

"too many," she laughs and there's a moment of consideration crossing her features before she throws all of it out the window. she'll settle the drink down with a too loud clink and lean back into his personal bubble, lips spreading into a smirk.

"i could explain but it's easier to just show you."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:24:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the question buys his some time, not a lot, but perhaps enough to shift his headspace back to where it needs to be. and then she's leaning back into his personal space, intruding, and he forces himself to meet her smirk.

out of instinct, he raises the glass to take a sip from only to come up short. there's nothing left in the glass but ice, and so he's forced to discard his only lifeline. the bartender seems to notice, however, but that doesn't help him now.

"okay," he decides. "show me."

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:31:40 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she waits until he realizes he has nothing left in his glass before taking the opportunity presented. he agrees, somewhat surprisingly, and she's ready to move. the tapping of a heel against the floor reveals her need to get up, to get this show on the road. and naturally, she finishes off her own drink before rising from her seat.

there's only a small wobble, barely noticeable if one isn't paying attention to the way she moves. and while she wants to move faster, her body still aches and she's left to linger. her hand reaches for his to pull him toward the bathrooms.

"follow me," she whispers first, then smiles and tugs at his hand.

if he continues to hold her hand, she doesn't notice. instead, she's already guiding them toward the little hallway with the bathrooms. it's a little brighter here but not by much. enough light to show what she needs to, however.

her hands move to pull at her clothes until stitched wounds are put on display. there's still wrapping around her dominant hand, holding bones in place. and while she wants to say they look cute, they definitely don't. there's a little bit of blood around some of the stitches, not enough to be worrying but enough to stain.

"you should see the other guy," she tries to joke but the state of her body, with all the ripped skin stuck back together and the purple bruises, is not that funny of a matter.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:41:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]her whisper is met with no retaliation, and he soon finds himself being dragged towards the bathroom. his hand naturally slips out of hers the moment he stands up, but that's more so to reach out to help her when she wobbles, no matter how small it might have been.

the lights grow a little brighter, enough to give him a clear view of the wounds on her body. he winces at the sight of them; the grit and reality of it overwhelming and he cannot hold back the "fuck," that escapes.

"i'm so sorry." to have gone through something like that must have been traumatic. it might explain her urgency to have alcohol, but little does he know. "the tyranitar did this?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:47:56 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the fuck that escapes him might have elicited a soft gasp from her but she chooses to ignore it. instead, she focuses on him and the way his eyes are on her. funny, she didn't know she needed to show off her battle scars to get his eyes on her.

"it's fine," she shrugs off the sympathy as best she can because really, she's probably been through worse. well, probably not but she's still kicking so that's enough for her.

her clothes are fixed back into place as he asks a question and her hands still. her eyes drift up from her body to his and she lets out a slightly bitter laugh. no one told him, huh? "the tyranitar did a bit of it."

there's a pause while she finishes placing clothes. and once she's satisfied does she give him more information, head tilting to watch his reaction. "mostly it was the guy and the knife he had. really did a number on me but it's fine." everything's fine. it only hurt a lot but oh well.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 18:54:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]"i'm sorry," he says, unable to stop himself from repeating it. it's only when she's fixing her clothes back into place does he realizes how much he had been staring. he looks away then, and looks back once she's done.

despite what she says, "it doesn't look fine." but he stops himself from saying more. it's not in his place to comment. only report, and that's what he'll do. he meets her gaze, this time unintimidated.

"i'm guessing the drinks help." he gestures with his head towards the door. "next few are on me."

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:03:16 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she brushes off the next apology as quickly as it comes. it's fine, she's fine, that's it. she'll try to offer him a smile, try to be reassuring, but it just looks funny on her features. as if she can't express anything other than playful or seductive. well, she tried. it's the thought that counts.

"it's fine," she retorts, a little more adamant this time. it's paired with the slight roll of her eyes before she's stepping toward him, smile shifting into a grin. "i'm a big girl, i can handle it."

oh, he thought the drinks were for what happened? honey no... she just likes to drink. a laugh escapes before she can stop it and she tries to hide it with running her good hand through her hair.

"something like that," she doesn't bother to correct him. last thing she needs is a reporter knowing she has a drinking problem. besides, who would she be if she turned down free drinks? she reaches for his hand again if only to lead them back to their spot at the bar. "next few, huh? such a gentleman." it's definitely teasing but the concept still stands. he's a gentleman, that much is fact.

the bartender isn't even remotely surprised when they return and she already signals for another.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:09:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]he now has ample amount of information to feel confident writing the article. he commits the sight of her wounds into his memory, unsure if it'll even come up when he's writing, but it's always good to have more information than he needs.

so when she reaches out for his hand again to lead them back to the bar, she is met with little to no resistance. he decides he's off the clock, and shows it when he reaches for the recorder on the bar and clicks it off, sliding it into his bag afterwards.

the bartender returns with more drinks, and he reaches for his only to raise it towards her. "thank you for your time, miss brown." he can't help his professionalism. it's difficult to turn off at times.

but perhaps he'll try.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:16:42 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]a smirk turns sly when he settles back beside her. the recorder is clicked off and hidden away and she has a feeling this is where it gets good. there's little hesitation when she angles her body toward him, shifting a little closer. recorder off means play time, right?

"no, thank you," she murmurs, raising her glass to gently tap the edge of his. it's finished within moments and the empty glass returns to the counter. she laughs, settling her elbows onto the counter and propping her chin on the back of her hands. "you could take my time whenever you'd like, darling." any time, anywhere.

maybe she'll break him out of that professionalism. and maybe it'll be tonight or it'll require more work but that's a game she's more than willing to play.

she turns her attention to the bartender to ask for another but she keeps talking. if only because she's under the impression that if she doesn't entertain him, he might head off to work on that article and we can't have that, right? "you gonna stay and keep me company?" she wants confirmation anyway, though.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 19:22:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]he follows her lead and downs his drink within moments, returning the empty glass to the counter right after. the burn is much stronger this time, and the kick catches him off guard. darling, is what makes him chuckle, posture relaxing as he starts to angle his body towards hers as well.

"for a little bit. i still have your article to write, and that's due tomorrow."

she'll have to try harder than that to break him out of his professionalism. he's oblivious to the fact that he might be playing hard to get, that his denial is what'll drive her to seize him.

"you should probably rest as well, shouldn't you?"