celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 21:42:31 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]fucking finally. after a week of laying in a hospital bed doing literally nothing, she's almost free. well, as free as a recovering person can get? oh well. anyway, she's never been so happy to crawl out of bed and stretch. joints pop and creak but it's music to her ears. her body is still recovering, still aching slightly, but damn if she ain't about to run out of here anyway.

well, she was going to. the day apparently has other plans for her.

she makes it out of the room at least before a nurse is stopping her. a few dozen eye rolls and filled out paperwork later and she's slinking toward the exit with a luxray in tow. and while she had spent a week in a bed, she's definitely about to just go lay back down at home. mmm, bed.

bed unfortunately has to wait, however.

giada's stopping again. this time, though, it's on purpose. well, mostly on purpose anyway. there's a man a few feet away and he looks a little out of place. her head tilts and before she can decide against it, she's calling over to him. "you look lost," she snickers. there's a pause before she's slipping a little closer, a hand rising to run through messy blonde hair. damn bed head. anyway, a grin rises when she speaks next. "need help or something?" she's definitely not the best help but it's the thought that counts or something like that?

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 7:50:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]a voice calls out to him, pulling him away from the busy reception counter. "yeah, hey. looks like they're a little busy," he peers back to the few receptionists, all of whom are either on the phone or busy with paperwork of some kind. he shrugs, turning back to look at her. "i was just hoping to speak to one of the patients here for an article i'm writing."

maybe it's the lack of sleep that dulls his awareness, but it takes him a moment to connect the dots. once he does, the pieces delicately fall into place, and he's looking at her with some form of recognition.

"finn aitken, i'm with tv mauville. pleasure." he flashes the id card around his neck before extending a hand towards her. "would you happen to know a giada brown?" she matches the vague description, but it's her luxray that helps him make the connection. regardless, he doesn't make assumptions.

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn b] color: #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 18:14:21 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"busy's an understatement," she muses with a slight laugh. each receptionist has their own sort of issues to attend to, leaving no room for the man to do much besides just stand there waiting. and while she's looking forward to crawling into her bed, he's piqued her interest enough for her to linger.

"what kinda article?" an eyebrow raises and a hand settles to a hip but instead of waiting for him to answer, she shifts through topics like clothes in a closet. "i could help you find who you're looking for if you're interested?"

except, turns out, she's the one he's looking for. her grin widens and she's stepping closer to take his hand.

"giada," she leaves the last name off for now. while brown might be a totally rad last name, it doesn't suit her but appearances and identities have to be upheld. there's only a little no good in her eyes when she purrs. "pleasure's all mine." and then, she's dropping his hand because if she held it any longer it'd be considered odd. she'll let out a light laugh, though, at the circumstances. "guess you didn't need help after all, huh?" it's only half a tease if she stops to think about it.

and while she's expecting him to ask questions, she's not exactly done asking her own. they continue to slip out with the tilt of a head and the mild purr of a luxray at her knees. "so, what can i do for you, darling?"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 18:27:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]"i guess not, but i appreciate it all the same."

no expression of surprise graces his features at the revelation, instead, a polite smile as he suddenly becomes aware of the boundaries he needs to uphold. he's no longer talking to a friendly stranger, but rather a potential lead for his article.

"the article's about the extreme sports athlete that was murdered. i understand you were there, and i was hoping to get your account of what happened."

he's careful with his words, mindful that the incident is most likely still fresh in her mind. he is not privy to how it might haunt her, if it even does at all. so he takes on a lighter smile, more courteous.

"i'm sorry, i know it might be a bit much to ask. but if you're comfortable, we can talk about it over coffee?"

[newclass=.finn] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.finn i] text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 18:35:29 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]a polite smile meets a smirk and while she kind of, sort of understands boundaries, it's difficult to give a shit about them when the man looks like that. she'll try to be good, though. last thing she needs is a bad article written about her. god, marcel would have her head.

"why the interest in that?" she drawls. it makes sense, she supposes. you know, the whole brutally murdered angle makes for a good read but if he already knows what happened, why seek her out? truthfully, she doesn't mind discussing it or even thinking about it but man, she'll need something a little stronger than coffee for that.

perhaps that's why she slips close enough to brush against his arm, smirk never wavering. "i'll tell you whatever you'd like to hear," she murmurs before her voice dips to a whisper and it's definitely intentional when she leans into his personal space. "but only if you get a drink with me."

pick your poison, journalist. she doesn't give him a moment to answer, already slinking toward the door whether he agrees or not. there is, however, a moment where she'll throw an expectant glance over her shoulder. as if she knows he'll follow. for the story or whatever, right?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 18:47:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]her drawl is met with a soft chuckle. "it makes for a good story." he keeps the answer short and simple, but he's sure he'll have to elaborate more eventually.

the never-fading smirk on her face keeps him distracted, allowing her to slip in close to threaten his personal space. her voice dips and she leans in, ignoring the concept as she whispers her condition.

despite knowing better, he finds himself drawn in, curiosity getting the better of him. she throws him a glance, already knowing his answer:

"okay, a drink." he spares a look back at the receptionists, not sure what he's expecting, before following her out the hospital and to the nearest bar.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 18:57:56 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]a good story. she'll gladly give him that, maybe more if boundaries are pushed as far as she wants them to be.

anyway, the walk is surprisingly short. she doesn't bother to fill the spaces between them with idle chatter. no, she's a girl on a mission, focused on the destination. and while it's probably a little sad that getting to the bar earns more focus than an actual job, she realistically could not give a shit so it's fine.

"so," she finally pipes up as the door swings open and the mild noise of the bar greets them. she's leading him in without waiting for him to decide this probably isn't a good idea. no hesitation, no consideration. just drinks on the mind, really. "what're you having?" as a thanks for accepting the invitation, it's only polite for her to buy the first round.

giada takes a little more care to swing herself onto a stool than she normally would. body still kinda healing and all that jazz. besides, unless she wants to rip wounds back open, it's better to take it easy. the nurses would not be happy to see her again, that much is certain. only when she's settled does she turn to face him and that smirk is still lingering on her features, still curling at the corners of her lips. it almost seems to grow in the dim light of the bar.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:13:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]he has little time to hesitate before she's leading them into the bar. his eyes blink to readjust to the sudden change in lighting, now dim as he takes in his surroundings.

"whatever you're having. i'm sure you have good taste."

the scene is much more intimate than he would have liked. it makes keeping his focus much harder, and he finds himself already struggling as he once again catches himself looking at her for a bit too long. he looks away as he settles onto a stool.

"do you mind?" he asks as he pulls out a nifty little dictation machine that looks like it could be years old. it's actually the same one he's had since university. "don't worry, i'll only use quotes you approve. i just like listening back should i need to."

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:24:43 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she has to keep her hum from dipping into purr territory. good taste, huh? well, some might say she has no taste and others might say her choices are immaculate. depends on the audience, perhaps. and maybe that's why she decides to start them off a little easier than usual. she directs her attention to the bartender, missing the way finn's eyes linger a little too long on her.

"whiskey, please," she murmurs, smirk shifting a little until it's flirtatious and earning a look from the bartender. he's probably seen her here before this, drinking herself under the table without a care. oh well, who hasn't by now?

oooh, a recorder! she's not sure why it amuses her but having their imminent conversation kept to play back later is more entertaining than she would've thought. maybe it's because she has absolutely no filter and he's more than likely gonna end up with something spicy on a tape. oops?

"not at all," the smirk doesn't change but her tone does. there's a slight dip, a slight dive into uncharted territory. how many boundaries can she push now? we're boutta find out! "i wouldn't blame you if you didn't use any quotes and simply just wanted to hear my voice." a wink follows and then the clinking of glasses against a counter. her attention shifts away from teasing him to the drink before her.

and in true giada fashion, she's already knocking it back before he can wrap a hand around his own.

the empty glass settles back down and her eyes return, expectant and almost waiting. "what's first, love?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:31:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]the clinking of glasses against a counter saves him from having to deal with her teasing he's not too familiar with. as someone who barely has enough time for himself, he has very little time to even consider doing anything like...whatever this is.

still, he clears his throat, and does his best to ignore how her voice seems to draw him in. she finishes her drink even before he reaches for his. he clicks the recorder on and places it on the counter between them. he doesn't reach for his glass, not yet.

"i guess you could run me through the incident from your point of view, if possible? the league has been secretive about some of the details, and not much has been revealed to the public." he falls into the rhythms of professionalism easier than expected. all he has to do is keep talking, and to avoid meeting her gaze too much. "the people want some answers. his fans, especially."

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:42:43 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]right, time to recount to the best of her ability. she ignores the way he doesn't even sip at the drink, if only because it's probably not best to hound him into getting drunk with her. no, gotta stay professional or something.

she raises a finger to signal for another, as if coming to understand the bartender was waiting for her to ask for more. and naturally, she always does.

the new drink settles by the time she begins and for a moment, it's untouched.

"i came across the body first," she murmurs. "or, better yet, what was left of it. shit was a disaster. straight out of a horror movie, blood everywhere. the body was still relatively warm from what i could tell so i tried to track the guy who did it." she pauses to swirl the drink around her glass, watching the way the ice clinks softly against the edges. it's downed a moment later and she continues. "i ended up stumbling upon some ranger who, turns out, ended up being a big help. but, anyway, we were ambushed almost immediately."

she doesn't bother to signal the bartender again. instead, she shifts her eyes away from the empty glass to finn. only when she finds his eyes does she continue.

"we almost died trying to get answers so," another pause, this time because the bartender returns with an expectant look. she nods and shifts in her seat. "i doubt his fans will get any. whatever answers there were died with the bastard."

the third drink clinks against the counter as she falls silent, as she waits for the inevitable questions to begin.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 19:50:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]he sits and listens carefully as she retells the incident, nodding every now and then. she downs her next drink just as quickly as she had the last and it's only then that he reaches for his glass. he swirls it, but doesn't drink, pausing to think for a moment.

"why did you decide to track the guy?"

she isn't with the league as far as he knows, so what other reason could she have? it's a thought he leaves for her to explain, rather than him wasting time on it. the bartender returns with her fourth drink and he hasn't even started on his. he's buying time, perhaps.

"why do you think he attacked you?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:00:32 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]does she lie and try to pass it off as something it wasn't? the reasoning behind her involvement isn't the best, really. besides, how do you say you just wanted the reward money? apparently, easily.

"i originally took on the job to get some extra cash," she offers, leaving her drink alone. it's a little wet with condensation when she eventually wraps her fingers around it. "but seeing as the guy was dead and all, i figured the next best prize was capturing the guy who did it." of course, things are never that simple.

the next drink is finished by the time he asks the next question. and maybe it's becoming a little bit of a drinking game to her now. a drink for an answer. he isn't playing well, though. his drink is still untouched, still simply sitting in his hand. her eyes drop to it for a moment before they return to his face.

"why do you think?" it's only half sarcastic but enough for her to sigh and then push her glass away. the bartender collects it and leaves another within minutes. "kill the witnesses or heroes or whatever, right? that's the only logical reason, anyway." but to attack so brutally, so viciously? yeah, she still hasn't grasped that part of it yet. the reasons elude her and she simply chalks it up to self defense instead of wondering if it was just for chasing the thrill.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:07:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","finn"]
[attr="class","finn b"]
[attr="class","finn i"]condensation drips off his glass as he listens. normally, he'd have his notebook out to write key details on, but he figures he could do that later. the least he can offer her is his undivided attention. and to drink as well, he supposes, but he'll get to it eventually.

"i suppose it is."

a lull befalls their interview and he allows it to, for the sake of allowing the moment to pass. he plays the incident in his mind, imagining it as if he was there, and for moments he loses himself in his own thoughts before he's asking another question, just as the bartender returns with her fifth drink. yes, he's keeping count.

"what pokemon were involved?"

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
700 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
get well [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 20:18:20 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she uses the lull in conversation to shift closer, to lean into his space as alcohol begins to settle further into her body. of course, it's to be expected, what with how many drinks she's gotten through compared to his still untouched one. if this was a competition, she'd be winning. except, it's not and she's merely just showing off her drinking problem. oops?

"you gonna drink or just ask questions?" she's impatient by now. or, well, as impatient as she can be given this is supposed to be professional and not a night out on the town. yet, anyway.

he shifts the conversation into another question and she doesn't bother to answer right away. instead, she'll pause to sip her drink, eyes never leaving his.

"tyranitar, bisharp, hawlucha, bewear, luxray," she rattles off the names easily and then, without warning, she's leaning a little closer just to stare at him. an eyebrow raises and she's grinning, unable to help herself. "when are we gonna get to the good questions?" like oh, i don't know, what she's doing later? he might not like that answer. actually, maybe he would.

she leans away to finish off her drink and slide it back toward the bartender.