saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 18:03:03 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
"Pfft. Don't flatter yourself. I could've stopped you if I wanted to."

But she didn't, so whether if that was the case or not remains a mystery. Despite the urge to stick to her guns and remain as confident and cold-hearted as always, Lance's touch makes it nigh impossible. Her eyes avert slightly, watching his hand as he brushes locks of her hair.

"I guess so."

They both seemed to keep each other at arm's length in some matters. Katherine and her criminal life, Lance and his past. The Rocketess considered herself to be an excellent reader of people, but she still hadn't been able to decide if his secrets were bigger than hers.

It didn't feel like the two of them were ever alone. It was him, her, and the looming presence of those secrets. She hated it.

"W-What?" Kat's voice breaks at the mention of cooking, and she quickly shakes her head. "I can't cook, Lance. You know I can't. You've seen my apartment, I keep like... Three things in my fridge. Coffee, milk, and more coffee." And as far as she was aware, there wasn't a dish you could cook with those ingredients.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2020 18:34:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]it doesn't bother him as much as it maybe should: the fact that they both have secrets they're unwilling to share with each other. they might someday, but for now, he's more than content with what they have.

"i know you can't," he repeats, affirms, and shrugs a shoulder. "but you have an entire weak to learn now. you didn't think i'd be doing all the cooking, did you?"

he's smirking as he splashes water at her, playful. "i mean i will, but i'll also teach you." he pauses for a moment, pondering on something before asking:

"you think we can sneak off this island and come back later?"

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 13:58:55 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"I mean..."

"You did such a great job last time you cooked for me..." Katherine's smile is innocent despite her obvious attempt at sucking up to Lance. "I didn't want to steal your thunder or anything." Yeah, -that- was why she didn't want to cook. Not because it'd take a lot of effort to learn.

Still, she was willing to make an effort. And if it does turn out bad, she could always blame it on her teacher. "But I guess I can try. It can't be that bad, right?"

His question earns a couple of blinks along with a tilt of her head.

"Sure. Where are we going?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 18:36:54 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]steal his thunder! that's cute. he chuckles, accepting defeat if only to let her have this one. he actually really likes cooking for her. cooking for two has always been easier for him, anyways. he smiles at the thought and at the memory of the breakfast they shared.

"lilycove eventually, but there's something i want to show you before that." he peers back at their stuff on the beach. "do you have a pokemon that can fly?" and large enough to carry both of them.

eventually, they make their departure from the deserted island to venture to what appears to be... another deserted island, but one much more beautiful.

they are immediately met with the sight of a large waterfall that cascades off a side of a cliff right into the ocean. the way the sunlight glistens off it almost makes it sparkle with beauty. there's a small patch of earth near it for them to land on, giving them a perfect view.

"i saw it on the way to the other island." he turns, smiling. "i thought of you then. about how nice it would be to share the moment with you."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2020 19:57:57 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"You already have a whole trip planned out?"

Kat wasn't complaining, but her tone indicated that he took her by surprise.

She makes her way out of the water to collect a Pokeball and also return her Castform and Phantump to their own devices. "I have a couple, but I think Garchomp is the only one who can handle both of us together."

As soon as Chomps is sent out, he begins to shower Katherine with affection and gratitude for choosing him. He rubs his jet-like horn against her cheek, releasing small cries of happiness in the midst of acting like a goofball. Chomps was everything one wouldn't except a Garchomp to be. It takes the childish dragon-type a couple of moments before he settles down, but eventually, he lifts off with Lance and Katherine perched on his back.

"I had no idea there were more islands around here..."

Chomps's descent is slightly more terrifying than Kat expects it to be, forcing her to wrap her hands around Lance tighter.

The waterfall is magnificent. Its beauty from up close was something Katherine appreciated a lot more, if only due to the fact that she didn't have to worry about falling now.

"It's beautiful." Her smile matches her feelings: it's light and free, full of joy, and without a hint of worry. She doesn't have to school her features into manifesting this expression - it's natural. All thanks to Lance.

If it wasn't for this moment they were sharing, she would've told herself that this was wrong and a mistake. That she's letting herself down, if that was even possible.

"I am really happy that–" For a moment, she almost feels like her voice is about to break. It's like she's holding tears back, but her eyes aren't watery in the slightest. "I am happy we get to share this." If he considered mentioning the break in her tone, he isn't given the opportunity to do so. She steals his right of speech along with a long kiss, intent on making him - or her - forget about whatever just happened.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2020 13:58:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]it really is beautiful. he had been hesitant to give hoenn the credit it deserves, perhaps out of fears he'd rather not face right now, or ever, but hoenn has its merits. it has its beauties and intricacies that lie beneath the surface, waiting to be discovered. he feels thankful that some of them have instead found him.

her words have him tilting his head towards her, drawn in by how her voice almost breaks. but before he has a chance to respond, she's pulling him into a kiss that holds for so long. he relishes every moment of it, returning the kiss in full. he pulls away eventually if only to whisper:

"of course." he doesn't forget, but decides not to bring it up. "we can stay for as long as you'd like."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 14:17:13 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Kat isn't used to be shy, timid, or having her voice break. It throws her for a loop.

Fortunately, her lips colliding with Lance's is enough of a distraction, and her heart fills with gratitude for that. "Maybe we should've come here first." She mentions as her hand takes his, leading him closer towards the cliff. With each step she takes, the view somehow gets better. Katherine takes note of that, growing more appreciative of the island's beauty.

When they finally reach the cliff, she lets go of Lance and sits down on the edge - her legs dangling below in the air.

"But I guess it's better to keep this place a secret."

"It can be just ours."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 16:16:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i wanted to surprise you," he confesses, slipping his hand into hers to be led away. she takes him towards the edge of the cliff, and much like her, there's no hesitation in how he sits down on the edge, falling into place right next to her.

"it can be our little secret."

ours — it's funny how a simple word can hold so much weight. the thought is a little scary if he's being honest: the idea of sharing parts of himself he never thought he'd ever be able to share again. scary, yet exciting.

"i'll be able to spend more time in slateport soon," he starts, shifting his gaze out to the waterfall. "i have a couple of assignments in the area which will keep me busy for a while."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 17:09:09 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine's eyes widen ever so slightly at the sound of Lance's words.

This expression of surprise fades away within moments, replaced by a cheeky smile that Kat wears proudly. "You know, you don't need to come up with excuses if all you want is to spend more time with me. I get it."

It's easy and natural around Lance, she treads a line of overconfidence and unknown shyness without so much of a second thought.

"It'll be fun. I just hope your boss won't mind it when I steal you for other things."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2020 17:16:46 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i have to be careful, kat. i can't be feeding your ego too much." his words are said in jest and the chuckle that follows supports it.

his legs sway slightly as a breeze flows past them, cool in temperature. below, waves crash into the side of the cliff, and the sound is almost mesmerizing.

"other things?" he asks, feigning innocence. he turns to look at her with a grin that's so telling. "and what might those things be, katherine?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 12:44:08 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine rolls her eyes to dismiss Lance's comment as if she disagreed, but the smirk that touched at her lips is as good as a confession: he was right.

"Don't knock it till you've tried it, Lance."

"Yes, other things." A nod follows her words to affirm them, "Honestly, I can already think of a couple of things..." Kat's lips retain the cheeky smile— maybe she's enjoying this more than she should. "I think it's best if I don't ruin the surprise." She teases.

Leaving Lance on the edge of his seat felt right.

"Speaking of surprises, are you going to tell me what we're cooking together later?" By together, Katherine meant that she'll help with bringing stuff over and maybe stirring the pot every now and then. She was still counting on the ranger to cook for the both of them.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 13:31:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"not even a hint?" he feigns a small pout, tilting his head ever so slightly.

the two of them appear to be on the same wavelength, and the thought of it warms him. it feels nice to both understand and be understood. in fact, they almost make it look effortless.

"surf and turf," he responds. "we'll cook at my place in lilycove. if we leave soon, the patio has a great view of the sunset over the beach. i think you'd like it." he is quick to correct himself. "actually, i'm sure you will."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2020 21:26:51 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Not even a hint." She confirms.

The pout is successful in causing her to doubt herself for the briefest of moments, but Katherine is too stubborn to compromise this easily. She had a feeling that Lance knew this already.

"Should I be worried, Lance? Are you trying to make me lose my figure or something?" It's not a concern Kat actually has. Not yet at the very least. But if Lance was going to stay in Slateport and cook for her more often— she'll certainly have to consider this.

"Oh. That means I finally get to see if your apartment is as messy as mine." Her smile grows slightly more before she lifts her hand to wave at Garchomp and beacon him over, "Come on, Chomps. We're leaving now."

Of course, he runs much faster than he needs to and makes it to the edge of the cliff before Katherine can even stand back on her feet. Why are dragon types like this?

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2020 9:17:51 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"i don't think that's possible."

lance laughs at the mention of his place being messy, deciding not to respond to it if only to let her be surprised later. he pushes back off the edge of the cliff before standing, just in time to see the running garchomp that could have very easily taken them both off the cliff if it hadn't stopped in time.

and with that, the two of them are off to lilycove.

it takes them a while but he appreciates the journey because it's still time spent with her. he directs garchomp to land on the beach, conveniently not too far away from his house. he waits for her before reaching for her hand.

"come on. it's not that far."

they eventually come across a small flight of stairs that lead up to his patio that is directly connected to the beach. outside are chairs, tables, and a grill, but he ignores them for now as he opens the door for her.

he lives in a single-story house on the beach. its design is modern and clean, definitely cleaner than her apartment. glass windows surround them, providing a clear view of their surroundings.

"this is what a clean home looks like, in case you were wondering."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 14:33:14 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Garchomp kneels to allow his trainer to leap off of his back. Katherine does so with grace, careful not to harm the dragon-type by rushing things. After all, it was a long trip and Chomps wasn't used to carrying two people on his back.

"Do you seriously live by the beach?"

She spares a glance at the beautiful sea they leave behind, "Maybe I should come and pay Lilycove a visit once you're back. I think I already like it better than Slateport." Garchomp seems fascinated by Lilycove's beach as well, so he is left outside to play for as long as he desires.

Kat isn't sure what to expect, but she certainly hopes for even a slight mess. Just so she doesn't have to feel worse about her place. Alas, she comes to find that Lance was... Well, everything she wasn't. A great cook, an organized person, and certainly not the type to leave a bunch of ghosts to ruin his home while he's away.

"I wasn't!"

"Okay, maybe just a little..." She adds after rolling her eyes.

template by rem of WW