thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 14:57:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance seriously lived by the beach. he nods his response, smiling at her curiosity. "maybe you should." when he sees her garchomp still lingering by the beach, he calls out his rattata, who is more than keen to be the dragon's friend. rotta sprints, charging across the sand before leaping at chomps.

"i'm sure it'll be more messy soon, now that you're here." the double meaning behind his words is left for her to interpret. the smirk might give him away, though.

the kitchen is more than spacious enough to accommodate both of them. he opens the fridge and reaches for the cuts of meat before laying them down on the counter. he turns to look at her, salt and pepper already in front of them.

"surely you know how to season a steak."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance b] color: #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2020 16:38:39 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
Despite his size, Garchomp is the perfect pokemon to bring for a playdate. He's willing to befriend and play with just about anybody, and Rattata fits the bill. Who knows how long it'd take for them to tire each other out?

"Probably."

Katherine is not timid nor is she shy, and yet still, a faint blush manages to paint her cheeks with a red hue. "Okay, yeah. Definitely. Your place could use some mess, you know?" Her contradiction defies logic and yet still, somehow makes sense. "You'll like it more after I am done."

Was she still referring to a simple mess?

"I know it needs salt," She points towards the salt-grinder, "And pepper." And then to the one that contained the other spice. "If there's anything else, then no, I don't know."

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2020 19:15:00 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]mess is sometimes good, he decides. her confidence is taken in stride, excitement creeping up on him. "i can't wait to see what you do to the place." the urge to ask for a preview strikes him but he stops himself. will she follow through with her words? he'll find out eventually.

katherine's knowledge on how to season a steak is minimal at best. he chuckles, nodding his head. "that's all you need, really. so good luck." it sounds like he's teasing but he's really not. he slides the salt and pepper grinders over to her, grinning before stepping away to the fridge.

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lance i] text-decoration: underline dotted #dea02c; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 10:13:31 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Lance falls silent after passing her the spices, leaving Katherine to tend to the steaks all by herself. The soft roar of the waves calms her, promising that she can do no wrong. "You know," Kat begins to grind salt over the first cut, "This is when I'd usually just order something out. We can still do that."

It's not that Kat lacks confidence— it's that she is confident that she won't do well enough.

The pepper grinder is the one she uses next. It is used sparingly but not overbearingly, she hopes. And once she's done with the first cut, the second gets the same treatment. They're eventually turned and the spices are applied to their other side as well.

"Okay, there. I think I am done."

She backs slightly before shrugging her shoulders, "If this turns out, I am blaming you."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 12:09:39 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance shakes his head, not allowing her to get out of this so easily. "it's not like you to give up, kat." his words are goading as is his smirk, which is barely visible as he looks over his shoulder at her.

ordering takes the fun out of it. he is careful with the knife, delicately slicing the lobster before setting it to the side. he takes butter out of the fridge for it to soften.

stepping back over to her, his eyes widen in feigned surprise. "look at that. you're already a pro." chuckling, he nudges his arm against hers. he soon carries his share of the prepped food to the patio.

outside, rotta is somehow buried in the sand with only his small head sticking out. "your dragon's bullying him," he says as he starts preparing the grill.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 13:11:29 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"This isn't me giving up!"

It sure sounds like it, but Kat is quick to defend herself. "I am just saying it'd be a lot easier, you know?" It wouldn't take more than a glance for Lance to tell that she was self-conscious about her performance. "And besides, we'd have had a lot more time to mess up your apartment if we weren't cooking right now."

Katherine makes a good argument, but she knows it wouldn't be enough to convince him.

"But I guess now I know where your priorities lie. A good piece of steak matters more than showing me your bedroom." Teasing was the only way she could keep herself entertained while handling food. Kat brings the steaks and follows after Lance to the patio, sparing a look at the sand-buried rat and the pleased dragon.

"Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. He knows his limits." And as if having heard her, Garchomp tossed some more sand at Rattata to prove his trainer wrong. "Well... He usually does."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 16:22:49 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]a glance is all it takes for lance to see how self-conscious she is about her performance. it's endearing in a way to see it affect her so much. it shows she cares, or at least he thinks it does.

"you know you have the power to just drag me away to make that mess, yeah?"

he wouldn't put up much of a fight either way. he drops the large bag of charcoal onto the ground before reaching for a pokeball. a rotom appears, gliding around them like a wingull.

"light this up please, uuni."

contrary to the name, a controlled OVERHEAT does the trick. uuni glides away after to save rotta from the dragon-bully, playfully ramming into chomps' side. rotta continues to struggle, trapped in the sand.

"he must take after his trainer." he's careful to keep his hands to himself when he moves closer to her. wouldn't want to stain his queen with charcoal, after all. he peers down into her eyes. "for the record, my priorities are on you."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 19:40:25 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Katherine doesn't dignify Lance's remark with a response. The Rotom steals her attention as soon as he arrives, she observes the pokemon with a keen interest as he produces a fire. Despite the fact that she was raising a Rotom herself, the pokemon had many different forms and she had yet to encounter this one in person.

"Your Rotom is adorable."

Chomps seems to think so as well. He mistakes Uuni for the Rotom he knows from home, wondering what it was doing here before beginning to chase after it, leaving Rotta to escape from the sandy prison.

"I am not sure about that. He can be a lot to handle."

Did Lance think that she was a lot to handle as well? "I've never heard any complaints, anyway." It's a bold-faced lie, and her smirk alone is enough evidence to call Katherine out on her bluff.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2020 20:25:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]"it's a handful."

which, oddly enough, is a trait most of his pokemon have. he supposes it makes sense. underdogs need that little fire in them to help them survive. much like katherine and her garchomp, his pokemon take after their trainer.

the rattata finally escapes him sand prison. he shakes his head, annoyed at being trapped for so long, and with that much bite in him, he releases it the only way he knows how: rotta lunges for chomps' leg, wanting to sink his fangs into the dragon. playfully, of course.

"you might be to others," but not to him. lance is sure of it. as the grill heats up, the sun dips further towards the horizon, approaching sunset. he turns his attention away from the grill then and steps towards katherine.

"i hope you enjoy the view."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 15:21:02 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Garchomp is either too big to notice the rat who's biting down on his leg, or, he's invested into chasing the Rotom that it doesn't even matter. Rotta is dragged along for the ride as the dragon-type continues his chase.

"Well..."

Lance makes his way over, but it's Katherine who takes the last step to close the distance between them. She is eager, and most profoundly, passionate about him. Her. Them. Whatever this was. She likes being around him too much to stop and question whether if something is right or not.

"I actually like it more when you're not wearing a shirt." Her hand moved to tug at his collar with a digit, "Oh—" The descending sun captures her attention for a moment, and then it's back to Lance. "I guess the sun isn't so bad either."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 19:28:03 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]lance remains unmoving, even as she tugs at the collar of his shirt. his eyes gaze down into hers, almost challenging in nature, before he speaks:

"do something about it then."

the sun slowly sinks behind them, approaching the horizon. it casts a warm orange glow around them, almost setting the scene as he tilts his head slightly, waiting to see how she will react.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2020 23:18:14 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
It almost feels as if they're in a movie and someone pressed a button that made things move slower.

Katherine is in no rush to strip Lance of his shirt. She wants to drown in his lips first and melt in his warmth. She wants to feel, taste, and savor. Their kiss is anything but slow - and despite her hands that reach to the sides of his shirt and begin to lift it slowly, she never makes the final move.

Instead, she breaks away from him and peers towards the grill, where the fire's been growing bigger.

"Oh, look. I think it's ready now."

Kat smiles like the devil. She knows what she just did.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 8:44:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]so cruel. the taste of her lips linger even after she pulls away. he wants more and she's denying him the satisfaction. it doesn't leave a bad taste in his mouth, however. the opposite, actually. he feigns a pout and turns to the grill.

"you know that's going to come back and bite you later."

accepting temporary defeat, he throws whatever meat they've prepared onto the grill before settling into the chair that faces the beach. he sees chomp literally running in circles trying to chase the rotom. failing, of course. the sight of rotta stuck to chomps' leg is amusing.

lance returns his gaze to katherine, mind still stuck on what happened earlier. "have you always been this mean?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2020 16:35:08 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
"Sort of counting on it here, Lance." She was certain that she wouldn't come to regret this.

Katherine can't help but keep her eyes on Lance when he handles the grill. And when he finally moves to sit, she claims the chair next to his, humming quietly until his question is asked.

"Mean?" Katherine couldn't possibly be surprised to hear that, could she? "Mm... I mean, I don't think I've ever bullied someone..."

Her hand moves to reach his arm, beginning to trail it with one of her fingers. She slowly drags her nail across his skin— it's done gently with the sole intent of driving Lance a bit more crazy. "Why?" A blink and a tilt of her head, she chooses to feign innocence. "Do you think I'm mean?"

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
saari [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2020 15:05:18 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]
[attr="class","lance b"]
[attr="class","lance i"]his gaze falls on how she trails her finger across his arm, nails almost scratching. "i do." for now, he allows her to continue, and only does as much as to meet her eyes every now and then. the sizzling of the grill almost fades into the background.

"you have about..." he stands and flips the meat on the grill, humming in thought as he does so. "five minutes to have your fun. i hope you enjoy it." because it'll end very soon.